• Published 7th Apr 2019
  • 271 Views, 1 Comments

Palace Coup - Phatz06



Eh, just your regular everyday palace coup. I mean, this is a normal part of growing up, right?

  • ...
 1
 271

On Spartacist Hall

11:57, Crystal Castle Garden

A small column of guards look from outside the garden entrance. Usually, they would greater in number, but this was no usual day. The remainder of them were marching under a defiled a flag, the own they were born under, with its seal violently removed.

Usually, transitions of power here aren’t entirely peaceful, but this time is worse. The worst was the Sombran Coup, but that was less violent. Today, the palace is fighting back. Sounds of gunfire can be heard from the center of the city, and besides for the pesky Spartacists, most civilians are stuck home. This paralyzes the town, as it laid still, like an ominous sign of death coming from the minds of everypony.

Flurry Heart, young and impassioned, has planned a coup against them for years. Most knew it would be her or the Equestrians, but it ended up turning into a mere mess of 3 factions fighting this morning. There's those Spartacists, communist rebels who practically live in basements, The Royalists, who are curled up in the palace hoping the Equestrians arrive, and The Secessionists, who want Candace to abdicate.

That brings us that to now.

Spartacist Hall

"We swear our-" The song and march of the hall came to a sudden crash. The Secessionists had arrived. The once beautiful Gothic hall was torn to pieces by gunfire and shrapnel. The Spartacists were secretly much greater in number than many realized, and drove the Secessionists to regroup at the Old Spa, formerly a franchise to the Ponyville Spa, shut down because not many cared for its services.

In the Old Spa, Flurry Heart oozed of dissatisfaction, seeing her force put down by meek Spartacists almost was greater embarrassment than total failure. Orders were given, and Captain Heartiron was quoted as saying "The world almost came to dust as soon as she saw our faces." The day long, and is now over. At midnight, the Spartacists came out, like every night. Usually, it was just the same old song and dance, but today, they screamed of disillusionment. The Secessionists were under attack. All generals of the Secessionist force waited in the former sauna room for operational news while the Spartacists caused as much damage as possible. In an attempt to posture their continued control over law and order, The Royal Guard attempted to disperse the combat but soon found themselves in the fighting. at bayonet point, the Old Spa was forcefully abandoned by the loyalists, now just a second home for Spartacists. The Royal Guard returned, saying they did what they could, clearly damaged by being sent back by supposedly inferior force.

The Great and Glorious was quoted as saying "The once great pillar of Pony society is now just a quagmire of sour politics and angry anarchists."

Royal Palace

The Grandeur of the palace died but a week ago, as the civil unrest and war began to loom over the city, the parties stopped, the shows of nationalism dashed, and the Equestria Games left unparticipated from a team that long practiced to see its brightest hour. It was once assumed all the Alicorns would have to do was quell the armies that made up the opposition, and restore order.

The pacifism of Celestia put a quick stop to that, as well as any chance this would end in a way that wouldn't be a dark moment in Equestria forever. Royal Guardsmen stood their ground in a formation outside the door, led by a valiant Shining Armour, who shall not live to see the end of this war. It had become clear that the Spartacists had begun to support fighting against royal control of food supplies, as more people began to show up to get or redeem rationing irritated and antsy. The more important news, however, was new details about how Spartacist pressure, the Dragons embarked on a long and drawn out march from the Badlands to the Frozen North to rout a small garrison at Plist, and occupy the city. Princess Cadence had tried for hours to get in contact with the dragon Charge d'Affaires, but it proved an impossible task to get even small parlance with anyone in the Lord's Court, let alone any diplomats.

As the day begins to fall away. most of the Royal Guard was drew straws to figure out who was going to face off against fire breathing reptiles in Plist, and in the end, about 1,250 Guards marched to attempt combat against the clearly superior force.

Plist, Frozen North

The Crystalian force led by Lt. Col Flareblaze was pummeled by snow and thin ice as it continued to the small farming village, verily needed to supply any produce to the cities further north, were ice fishing prevailed as the means of survival for many. The ponies at Plist soon seemed impossible to liberate, but in a short hour, contact with the dragons began. They were flanked from the east and west, clearly encircled. Of the thousand ponies that remained, they all saw nothing but flames and cut down allies, the encirclement an experience no training was alotted for in basic training. After that, the fate of the encircled Royal Guard was sealed. With no mobile forces or supreme commander left, there was no possibility to effect a breakout. The infantry of the Dragon 7th Army soon arrived, along with 2nd Army. They systematically began to reduce the assisted by the two artillery cans. The encircled Royal Guards at Plist did not give up easily. A savage battle in which the Soviets were bombarded by artillery, tanks, and aircraft had to be fought before the pocket was overcome.

By the next day, Plist had long fallen, but the encirclement battle continued. After 10 days of heavy fighting, the last remnants of troops east of Plist surrendered on 26 September. Isolated became several Royal brigades, 5th, 37th, 26th, and separate detachments of 38th and 21st Armies. The Dragons claimed 600 soldiers (up to 665) captured, although these claims have included a large number of civilians suspected of evading capture.

For many, Plist no longer seemed to be happy with the concept of being under Her Majesty's service, and was now a city of minorities in a ever changing and confused map.

Comments ( 1 )

Ah yes, a great purvey into the magic world of grand strategy and insurrections

Login or register to comment