• Published 14th Jan 2019
  • 380 Views, 4 Comments

Princess Fluttershy's Kitten Sanctuary - Chrome Masquerade



The Element/Alicorn of kindness goes to Kitten Island to help some adorable animals in need.

  • ...
 4
 380

Chapter 4: A Secret (not so) Well Kept

Having released several more kittens, (namely George(1), Charlie(2), Sid(3), Moppet(4), Leita(5), Lizzie(6) and Violet(7)) the first sanctuary was buzzing -er, purring?- with activity. Maisy, sitting next to Fluttershy, said happily, "We can't thank the four of you enough for all of this."

Fluttershy, characteristically, said, "Oh, no! It's our pleasure. If you like, once this is all done, we could find nice homes for the lot of you. I'm sure that there are lots of ponies who would just love to have one of you. I imagine that many, if they couldn't get one, would just.... have kittens!" she quipped.

Maisy looked at the gentle princess with stars in her eyes. "Really?! You think so?"

"I know so!" Fluttershy replied, not missing a beat.

Maisy leaped at her, giving the yellow mare the biggest hug that she could.


The next puzzle allowed for some cash to be gained, along with a present if three of those were matched. This proved to be easier said than done. Unlike previous puzzles, when a match was made, no extra objects replaced them. It wasn't easy, but they managed to finish the puzzle and earn some comfortable beds for all.

The next captive kitten was named Tibbles, apparently. He was a reddish brown colour. After that puzzle was completed and he was freed, Maisy ran over to him and gave him a huge hug. "Tibbles!" she exclaimed.

Tibbles hugged her back, and both started to purr, though Tibbles, oddly enough, seemed to have trouble with it.

Back at the sanctuary, Tibbles looked in either direction before padding over to Fluttershy. "I have something to t-talk to you ab-b-bout. I-i-in private." he said, nervously.

Fluttershy raised one eyebrow in confusion, but they waslked over to a secluded corner of the area.

Tibbles said, "I have.... something of a confession to make. Normally I wouldn't say this, but you've been so kind to all of my friends and..." he paused before continuing. "I'm not actually a kiten. I'm a puppy, from that sanctuary. Apparently the two of us were washed away in a storm and we got stranded on the opposite island. But do't tell the others! If they knew... I might get deporteed, or something!"

Fluttershy gave him a gentle smile, but took on a serious tone. "If they're really your friends, don't you think that they'd understand?"

"Well..." he hesitated.

Snowy spoke up. "Oh, we knew pretty early on."

Tibbles' eyes went wide. "What?"

"Well, you couldn't meow at the start, nor could you purr. Your ears looked different, a few other things. But we never brought attention to it because we knew you harbored those fears."

Maisy put one paw to one of Tibbles' shoulders. "We don't like you just because you're another kitty. You're our friend, Tibbles! Feel free to stay here as long as you like."

Tibbles started to tear up. "Really?!"

"It's okay with me." Snowy said.

"Me too." Molly added.

"Aaaand me." Lionel put in.

Tibbles had tears falling now "You guys.... thanks SO much for understanding. I like it here. I like you guys too."

Fluttershy smiled smugly. "See?"

For a moment, Maisy's eyes went dark. "But mark me. If you harm another kitten outside of play-fighting, you'll find yourself back on the way to Puppy Island. Depending on the injury, you might or might not have an anchor added."

Tibbles addressed the rest. "So long as you guys will have me, I solemnly swear to be the best kitten a pup like me can possibly be."

Maisy said, "That... Is exactly the answer I expected of you."

The rest of those assembled cheered.

Author's Note:

1: Personality: Speedster
Likes: Life in the fast lane, things on whels, racing other kittens
Dislikes: Sitting still.
2: Personality: Vacationer
Likes: Fishing, walking on the beach, climbing trees
Dislikes: Catching rats, polishing shoes.
3: Personality: Fitness nut
Lkes: Meat and two veg with gravy, building sand-castles.
Dislikes: spicy food and flying in man made machines.
4: Personality: Romantic
Likes: candlelit dinners, fluffy slippers, painting her claws
Dislikes: Sad goodbyes at railway stations, scary dreams about robots
5: Personality: Fashionista
Likes: Warm colours that complement her fur and pineapple fritters
Dislikes: Thunder storms, tragic stories
6: Personality: Playful. REALLY playful!
Likes: playing, match three games, making people jump
Dislikes: Tea, Coffee, and magnets (They're just too strange!).
7: Personality: Fluttershy. Seriously.
Likes: Crafts, sewing, sticking, peace and quiet
Dislikes: Kittens shouting and rushing around, recurring dreams about giant peanuts.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment