• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 4,731 Views, 2,770 Comments

Thomas and Friends: The Retold Adventures - The Blue EM2



Picture a Land where the Sky is so Blue, a Storybook Land of Wonder...

  • ...
18
 2,770
 4,731

PreviousChapters Next
Daisy

Toby and Percy, not to mention their drivers, were worried and sad. Thomas' accident had caused a great deal of trouble, and Twilight had gone with Thomas to assist in his repairs. Both engines rolled to the junction station, where Sir Toppham Hatt was waiting for them.

"Ah!" he said. "There you are. This machine is Daisy, the Class 121 railcar." He indicated to a green diesel next to him. She had a long frame, and was mounted on two four wheel bogies. She had engine exhausts running up the back of her frame, and her front had three windows so the driver could see out in front. Her face was below the windows, and she was painted, as mentioned before, a dark green, with yellow stripes. A quiet rasping noise could be heard as her engine hummed.

Suddenly, there was a great explosion of smoke, and a girl appeared amidst the smoke once everybody was done coughing. She had blue skin and long white two tone hair, as well as a pair of purple eyes. She wore blue boots, a purple dress with blue lining toward the bottom, and a dark blue jacket, with a small star pendant in her hair. "And that," she proclaimed, "is how you make an entrance!"

Sir Toppham Hatt looked over. "Who are you?" he asked. "And how did you get here?"

"I am the Grrreat and Powerful Trrixie!" the girl replied. "And I got here under the cover of a smokescreen. But behold, for I am the grreatest magician Sodor has ever seen, and the driver of the equally Grreat and Powerful Daisy!"

Percy spoke up. "Please sir," he asked. "Will they go sir, when Thomas and Twilight are back, sir?"

"That depends on how they perform," Sir Toppham Hatt replied. "In the meantime, I hope you make them both feel welcome and comfortable for however long they stay here." He then walked away.

"Yes sir!" engines and driver chorused. "We will, sir!"

"Good," said Sir Toppham Hatt. "Now, run along and show them the shed."



As they travelled along, Pinkie spoke to Trixie. "So, what's your real name?" she asked. "Mine's Philomena Petricia Diane Julie Pie, but almost everybody calls me Pinkie. What's Trixie short for?"

Trixie looked at her, confused. "Trixie has always been Trixie," she explained.

"It gets my head in a fix-y!" Percy added, trying to make a joke.

Trixie sighed as she looked out ahead. "What is that up ahead?"

"This is the engine shed," Toby called to her. "This is where we sleep at night and-"

"I know what an engine shed is," Daisy interrupted. To describe her as 'hard to please' would be something of an understatement, and the shed did not meet her approval at all. "I do say, this is terribly smelly. I'm highly sprung, and anything that is smelly is bad for my swerves."

Flash looked confused. "Does anybody have any idea what she's talking about?" he asked. They next tried the carriage shed, and Daisy and Trixie seemed a lot happier.

"Ah, this open space will be perfect for Trixie to perfect some new magic!" she said, with a smile.

"It's certainly an improvement over that smelly engine shed-"

"All right, all right, don't pile it on," Toby interrupted.

"But whatever are these pieces of rubbish?"

The 'rubbish' Daisy was referring to was none other than Annnie, Clarabel, and Henrietta! They were shocked. "WE won't stay here and be insulted by that piece of modern vulgarity!" Henrietta thundered. Percy and Toby had to take the coaches away to be stored elsewhere, and spent most of the night soothing their hurt feelings.

The next morning, the engines awoke, exhausted. Except for Daisy, of course, who had had a good night's sleep. Trixie hopped into her cab, and started Daisy's engine. With a cough and a splutter, the engine rumbled into life, and was going within a minute. Flash was watching the process with interest.

"Behold," Trixie said with a smile, "the wonders of diesel traction! Reliable, quick to start, and most of all, economical. You don't need to stoke a fire or let a boiler warm up. Instead, you just turn a key, set the gears, and voila."

"How boring," Toby yawned.

Daisy then backed out of the shed to the siding, and reversed direction to gain access to the branch line. "Toot! Toot!" her horn sounded, the two tone sound echoing across the landscape as the diesel railcar made its way to Ffarquhar station. The passengers looked on in confusion at what was before them.

"Look at me!" Daisy said. "The latest in diesel traction (for this island anyway), smooth, and up to date. You won't want to travel in Annie and Clarabel after a ride in me!"

The doors opened, and the passengers sat down, ready for the journey to begin. The guard blew his whistle, and waved his green flag, but Daisy didn't move.

"Where's the driver?" he asked. Just then, he saw Trixie running back from a vending machine. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie needed some peanut butter crackers!" she shouted over to him, before hopping into Daisy's rear cab and setting the gearbox.

Just then, Toby pushed a milk tanker into place, right in Daisy's face. This milk tanker has to come down from the Ffarquhar dairy every morning, or else people in Knapford won't have fresh, nicely made milk. Then they shall have to buy it from Tesco, and risk putting local businesses out of action. But Daisy was LIVID.

"Do you really expect ME to pull THAT?" she asked, a horrified look on her face.

"Yes, I do," the station master said. "This van always goes down with the first train. I imagine your railcar has the power to pull it, Miss Trixie."

"Alas, the Great and Powerful Trixie drives the not quite so Great and Powerful Daisy, when it comes to her only having 300 horsepower of... power."

Daisy began to shudder violently.

"Stop this nonsense this instant!" demanded the station master. "Trixie, back her down onto the truck now."

Daisy continued to shudder, before suddenly stopping. Her gearbox had jammed as it had been set incorrectly, and now needed moving back to neutral before it could be used again. "Told you!" she said.

Everybody argued with her for at least half an hour, but she wouldn't budge. "It's fitters orders," she said.

"What is?" asked the station master, unconvinced.

"My fitter's a very nice man," Daisy explained. "Every week, he comes and examines me, with the help of Trixie. 'Daisy', he says, 'never, never pull. You're highly sprung, and pulling is bad for your swerves'. So that's how it is!"

"Rubbish!" snapped the station master. "Honestly, this takes the cake. Sir Toppham Hatt sending us such a feeble-"

"Feeble?" Daisy spluttered. "FEEBLE?"

"Can we all stop arguing?" the passengers asked. "We're late as it is."

So, Daisy, Trixie, and the passengers all set off, without the milk. "Alas, we are victorious again!" Trixie said, with a smirk. "And now we shall disappear!"

"That's a good story!" Daisy laughed. "I'll do the work I want, but no more." But she kept that to herself and her driver, as she purred through the Sudrian countryside.

Author's Note:

#RailcarTriggered...

Fun fact; members of Daisy's class were still in revenue earning service on the national network as late as 2017.

PreviousChapters Next