• Published 28th Dec 2018
  • 336 Views, 0 Comments

Limerence - reader8363



Will a string of murders be solved or not

  • ...
 0
 336

Chapter 1

The street was empty as Dew sat on the bench, just outside the police station. She wiped off the serrated knife while listening to Kid Colt through the open window, she was glad they made the room his office. Once she cleaned the knife, she moved her light blonde mane out of her eyes and slipped into a makeshift holder in the coat. She placed a card with the address of where the body through the window sill, then she quickly slip into the night and head back to her house.

Kid grumbled at the reports left on his desk and opened the window to avoid the stench of the others. He leaned back as the card came through the window. He freaked out and fell to the floor to find, to his embarrassment, that it was just a piece of construction paper.

He pulled it off of his face to find that he was seeing red. He rubbed his eyes and pulled his hooves away to see that they were covered in blood. He placed the card down on the desk and ran out of the room to the one in charge of the investigation

Gus had his feet up on the desk with his fedora over his eyes, the room reeked with the smell of cigars. His worn coat hung up with his revolver sitting in the inside pocket when the rookie came bursting into the room while panting for breath. Gus tilted his hat up and said, “What’s got you jumpy tonight.

Kid said once he had enough of his breath back, “There’s been another one.” Gus sighed as he grabbed his coat and hurried off to Kid’s office.

The card was still on the desk where Kid left it. Gus picked it up by the side, so he didn’t smudge the writing, then he said as he placed the card on the desk, “Come on, let’s head to the warehouse, then we’ll add it to the map.”

After over an hour of searching, they found a trail of blood leading into a warehouse. Upon inspection, Gus noticed someone cut the chain holding the door closed. He grabbed his gun and slowly nudged the door open the room was dark except for one bulb The bulb cast the room in red light and underneath it was a body with its face torn off.

“Kid, get someone to clean this up.” Gus sighed, placed his gun back in his pocket, and pulled out a cigar and match.

Kid nodded and took off towards the morgue.

Gus lit his cigar and started to check the body. There was a tarp underneath it, a single rugged stab on each of the legs, a slice on the neck, a bump on the back of the head, and a stab in the chest. He released a puff of smoke and folded the tarp over the poor pony’s corpse. He stepped out of the warehouse and into the cool night air as he waited for the rookie and the ponies to help with the body.

Running to the morgue and back exhausted Kid. He sat down next to Gus and said, “what did you find?”

Gus took the cigar out and said, “The usual. Come on, I want to see what you can find.” Kid sighed and followed him into the building. He stopped next to the body and add,” Tell me what you see.”

“A tarp.” Kid said as he looked closely. “which means the body was dragged here post-mortem, a stab on each leg, so he couldn’t run as fast, a slice in the neck and stab in the chest, which was to quickly kill him. Is that right.”

“Close.” Gus finished his cigar and snuffed it out on one of the many broken crates, “the slice across the throat was quick and it was done in the front, but it’s more shallow than the chest, so it was a part of the torture, the chest was an accident. I’m guessing the victim went after the killer, so they stabbed him in the chest to keep him from getting them.” Kid nodded and looked at the corpse, Gus muttered to himself as the other’s took the body to the morgue, That makes 8 with almost the same M.O. there must be something we’re missing.”

Dew opened the door to her house and shrugged off her coat onto the floor and grabbed the bag of money, that she took from the rich pony. She hasn’t figured out what to do with the money, maybe donate it. She tossed it into her safe, where eight bags of money was piled. After she closed the safe, she headed into her office and crossed out another house that she has killed. It would have been more fun if there were more ponies living there, but it was amusing all the same.

She walked into the bathroom and quickly checked her cupboard to see if she had everything there. She sighed out of frustration as she saw that there was a bottle missing. She looked at the clock to see that the place closes soon.

After the body was moved into the morgue and all the clues were scavenged. Gus stared at the map that had the location of kills and where the bodies were found. He felt the ashes fall on his leg. He sighed as he jammed the cigar in the ashtray and got up to see if there was a connection, besides the fact that they all here rich ponies that save their money, but that doesn’t help the fact that it’s nearly impossible to know who’s going to be killed next. A knock on the door made him look away from the board as he called out, “What is it?”

A mare opened the door and said, “Excuse me, but the coroner may have found something that she wants you to see.” Gus looked at her with interest and followed her.

Kid sighed with relief as he got off work and started to walk home, but he couldn’t keep his mind from thinking about the case, there was rarely a witness to the crime, so anypony could be the culprit. He failed to notice that a mare was crossing his path until he ran into her. He shook his head to clear it from the hit and looked up at the pony that he ran into. She was sitting down while rubbing her head. He walked up to her and said, as he held out a hoof, “I’m so sorry, I should have been looking at where I was going.”

Dew rubbed her head and glared at the pony that spoke to her. She placed on a smile and said as she took the hoof, “It’s fine, I shouldn't have walked out without taking in my surrounding. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that you’re a cop, Kid Colt.”

He was stunned, as he helped her up, at the fact that she knew his name without him telling her, then he realized that he still had the badge and jacket on. He sighed and said, “I guess I forgot that I had it still on it. Yeah, I’m a police rookie. Now that you know my name, what’s yours and why are you out this late in the first place.”

Dew brushed herself off and said, “My name is Dew Bleach and was just heading to get a bottle before they close.” Kid nodded and stepped out of the way for Dew to get by. After she was a mile away, she smiled and muttered to herself, “I’m disappointed in you, but I’m glad I got to talk to you face to face.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment