• Published 23rd Sep 2018
  • 480 Views, 0 Comments

Paradox: A Royal Surprise - Pixielations



Fifteen years after the birth of her last child, Twilight Sparkle falls ill. However, the reasoning behind her illness may change the fate of the royal family forever.

  • ...
 0
 480

Chapter 1

Twilight Sparkle thought she was just ill. Sure, it had been three weeks since it all started, but sometimes you just catch a bug you can't seem to fight off. Her friends kept telling her that this wasn't normal, that maybe, by some remote chance, she could be...could be....no! No way! Her last baby turned 15 a few months ago. She couldn't be pregnant...could she?

She decided that it would be best to see a doctor to confirm. After all, her alicorn status and decreased rate of aging may mean that she can still bear foals. She scheduled an appointment with Nurse Redheart and Doctor Horse just to be sure.

"Hello princess! Nice to see you again!" Nurse Redheart says. "What seems to be bothering you today?"

"Well, I've been sick to my stomach for the past few weeks. I thought that it just might be a bad case of the flu, but now I'm not so sure." Twilight replied.

Redheart gasped. "Do you think you're..."

"Maybe. I just wanted to be sure, in case there is a little one on the way, I want him or her to be taken care of to the best of my ability."

"Understandable. Let's go find my husband and take a little look-see, shall we?"

"Sounds great. By the way, how's Corazon doing?"

"Oh she's great! She's been in nursing school for the past couple years, and we're hoping she returns to Ponyville to take my place here at the hospital when I decide to retire."

"That's wonderful, I'm glad to here she's well." After a short walk, the duo arrived at the ultrasound room. Things had really changed since she was pregnant with Harvest. Ultrasound magic had really improved, now there were actual monitors!

"Hello princess!" Doctor Horse says. "I'm surprised to see you here, I didn't think you were having any more foals!"

"I didn't think so either, but I've been rather sick to my stomach lately and wanted to get checked out just in case. I was thinking that my alicornhood may have potentially increased my fertility window."

"That is quite possible. I've heard of Princesses Celestia and Luna still being fertile today, and they're just over a thousand years old."

"Really? That means I could actually be pregnant?"

"Correct." He then uses his magic to conduct the ultrasound and gasps.

"Doctor, what is it? Is something wrong?"

"Oh, no, nothing is wrong! She's just way further along than I'd thought. Probably 5 months or so. I'm surprised you're just showing symptoms now."

Twilight nearly fainted. "You're kidding me, right?"

"No princess. She's far along enough that we can see her species and gender. You're having a little alicorn filly, congratulations!"

Hearing alicorn filly brought back many flashbacks for Twilight, to the days of terror Shining and Cadence faced with Flurry and Beck when they were small and had issues controlling their magic. Luckily for them, they had Sunburst there to calm the storm with his magic. Hopefully he'd be able to do the same for her.

"I guess if this is my destiny, I'm up for the challenge! Thank you Nurse Redheart, Doctor!"

"Anytime princess. You have a great day now!" Twilight smiled back at the duo. Now, she had to deliver the news to her husband and six children at home.

"Hey mom!" Nightingale says. "How'd the appointment go, did they figure out what was wrong?"

"Well...about that..." Twilight said hesitantly.

"Mom, you're scaring me. It wasn't something really bad, was it?"

"Well no...it's just that I'm...I'm....I'm expecting another foal."

Nightingale gasped. "What...huh...how?"

"I guess it's my alicornhood. It must've extended my fertile years."

"Mom, this is insane. You have grandfoals!"

"I know, but there must be a reason that I'm supposed to have this foal, so I guess we're gonna see where this takes us."

"I support you all the way mom, I just hope you're up for it. You're busy with royal duties, and I have the twins to worry about, I don't think I could handle a third foal on my hooves right now."

"I'll figure it out, I'm sure Nebs or Rae could take care of her if I need them to."'

"Her? They could already tell it's a her?"

"Yeah. Apparently I'm 5 months along and didn't know it."

"Mom! You've been pregnant since Tidal gave birth?" Nightingale yelled, shocked.

"Calm down Nighty. It's not my fault I didn't know. The doctors assumed it was because her magic has been dormant until now."

"Don't tell me you're having what I think you're having." Twilight nodded nervously.

"There's going to be a baby alicorn in this castle? Have you completely lost your marbles? The castle will be in shambles by within a week."

"Well dear, there is always Sunburst's charm."

"I guess you make a good point. Am I the only pony you've told so far?"

"Yes. I'm kinda making the rounds based on who I run into first."

"You probably should go find dad next. He should've been the first to know, given that he is the father."

"I suppose you're right. See you in a bit."

Twilight then began her journey to seek out her husband. Flash was probably working on training her new personal guard, as he had intentions of retiring soon to enjoy his grandchildren. She wasn't sure how he would react to finding out that there would be another foal of his born into the household.

After an hour of searching, Twilight locates Flash, who is training Stone Sword out in the fields.

"Come on SS! I know you can do better than that! Your dad was a captain for Celestia's sake!"

"I'm sorry Uncle Flash, I'm trying my best, but maybe I'm just not cut out to be a personal guard. That's a big responsibility for an earth pony like me."

"Hey Flash, can I talk to you for a second?" Twilight asked.

"Sure dear, what's up?" Flash said, landing on the ground in front of her.

"Well, you know how I had that doctors appointment scheduled today because I've been sick?"

"Yeah."

"Well, they decided to do an ultrasound to see if the cause was foal-related and it turns out...we're expecting another foal."

Flash looked at his wife with disappointment, "Twilight, how could you let this happen? I thought you were using contraceptive spells to keep this from happening again!"

"I thought I couldn't have any more foals! I didn't realize that my reproductive years were extended along with my lifespan!"

"Twilight, I'm getting ready to retire, I don't really wanna have to raise another baby."

Twilight teared up. "Well, you're gonna have to deal with it, because I'm not aborting this child, especially since she's an alicorn!"

"Twilight!" Flash called out as his wife galloped off.

Twilight soon found herself at the Apple Family farm. If anypony would listen to her and understand her point of view, it would be Fluttershy and Applejack.

"Twilight? What in Equestria are you doing here?" Fluttershy asked as she opened the door. "What's wrong, why are you crying?"

"Well..Fluttershy...I'm pregnant and Flash doesn't want another baby."

Fluttershy was in shock. "Twilight, how did this happen? I thought you were too old to bear any more foals!"

"The doctor said that my alicorn status extended my fertile years. And the baby is an alicorn too, so I know she needs me to raise her."

"Twilight you know I support you fully. I don't understand why Flash would react so poorly though. He loved your kids when they were little."

"It's just that he's getting older Fluttershy, a lot faster than I am. I still feel like a young mare in her 20s, but we're in our late 40s now, he just wants to rest."

"Well, keep in mind, you do always have your kids to help you. I mean, I know Nightingale is busy with her own set of newborns, but pretty much all of them are grown now, I'm sure someone will help you."

"I guess you're right Fluttershy. I just don't want to lose my husband over it all."

"I understand. But remember when Big Mac and I had to let Passionfruit go so she could save the Crystal Empire from becoming an eternal ice block when the Crystal Heart broke for good?"

"Yeah."

"Maybe you just need to let Flash go for a little while. Give him some space to think things over."

"Maybe you're right Fluttershy. He probably just needs some time to process it all."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment