• Published 14th Sep 2018
  • 6,719 Views, 424 Comments

Sunset the Shadowbolt - snq144

  • ...
18
 424
 6,719

Chapter 10: Filigree

“I swear to god I’m going to kill whoever scratched up my car!” Indigo Zap’s furious bellow could be heard through the doors leading into the school proper as Sunset approached them, slipping inside and out of the cold winter morning. “Fuck… Oh, morning, Sunset. We were wondering if you were gonna make it today after what happened last night…”

The Equestrian gave a tired smile as she rubbed at her eyes with balls of her wrists, the bags visible as she removed her hands. “Yeah, I…” Sunset started, only to trail off and give a loud yawn. “Jeez, excuse me there. I, uh… had a long night to say the least.”

“I bet.” Sunny Flare walked up, gingerly resting a hand on the taller girl’s shoulders. “Look, Starlight is almost guaranteed to bring up what she did to your room to Dean Cadence, but the five of us promise to speak up for you.”

“Thanks. Though I have a feeling I’ll be able to get Starlight to forget all about it.” Sunset wore a dark smile as she looked at the five girls, the same confused look on all their faces.

“...Wat?” Sunset almost had to laugh at Sour Sweet’s bafflement.

“Trust me, I’ve got this.” Sunset rested her hands on her hips as her confidence started to wash over the girls in front of her.

“Well, we’re still here for you.” Sunny Flare said as everyone started to head towards the home room.

“Hey, where did you get that necklace?” Sour Sweet asked, turning at looking at the piece resting around Sunset’s neck. “That thing is huge… It can’t be real.”

Sunset giggled as she looked down at the hefty red gemstone resting in golden filigree. “Heh, nope, it’s one hundred percent natural.”

“What the hell did it cost?” Lemon Zest asked as she pulled her headphones from her ears. “A stone that size would have cost an arm and a leg!” Sunset remained silent as she palmed the stone, her skin tingling familiarly as she held it, the may faces shining from the lights above.

“I’m impressed, I thought you would have packed and ran.” Starlight grinned from outside the homeroom. “Not that you’re staying here much longer that is.”

Sunset narrowed her eyes, the tingling from her hand growing as she felt her anger towards the girl start to burn in her stomach. A red glow starting to wash over her vision as her frown continued to grow.

“Oh sod off, Starlight. There’s more people on her side then there is on yours.” Indigo scoffed at the prefect while flipping her off.

“And we will see how that works out.” Sunset ignored the girl as she walked into the classroom, carrying her exhausted frame to her seat as Sunstrike studied her.

“You sounded just like your friend from the other night.” her clone said quietly, eyes glued on Sunset. “What language was that?”

Sunset glanced to her side, brow furrowed as she gave Sunstrike a quizzical look, her human self continuing to whisper. “What about that box from last night that you used to get into Indigo’s room?”

Still no response from Sunset.

“Tell ya what, you tell me what you said last night, and I won’t tell Indigo that you stole her car.” a cruel smile started to build at the corners of Sunstrike’s mouth as she threatened Sunset.

Sunset paused for a moment, before a dark grin of her own appeared. “No, you won’t.”

“W-What?” Sunstrike’s eyes went wide with amazement.

“In fact, anytime you try to bring that little bit of eavesdropping up to anyone, you’re going to freeze up and forget what you were doing.” Sunstrike swore for a moment that the whites of her other selves eyes flash a dark black, before-

“Hey, are you paying attention?” Sunstrike shook her head, glancing back at Sunset in confusion as a dull ache started to build in the back of her head. “Dean Cadence is about to start.”

“R-Right…” Sunstrike gave another quick shake of her head before looking up to the front of the room, certain she wanted to bring something up to Sunset, but she dropped it, instead turning up towards the front of the room, where Dean Cadence stood.

(\/):.:(\/)

“...And with that, I’d like to pass the podium to Starlight Glimmer.” the prefect smiled as her name was announced, getting up slowly before walking towards the front of the room. She would say her little piece before talking mentioning to her unwitting tool Cadence that they needed to talk about Sunset. The dissenter was as good as gone, and an evil smile threatened to break through her well trained facade. She ruled this school, after all.

“Thank you, Dean Cadence.” she faked a warm smile as she nodded towards the woman before turning to address the rest of the class.

“I don’t think you want to say that…”

Starlight paused, her mouth hanging open. Had she just heard Sunstrike or Sunset Shimmer cut her off? She glanced over at the twins, the pair of them sitting still and looking up at her. Although Sunstrike was wearing a rather odd expression. She turned away from them, opening her mouth again as she cleared her throat.

“No, that won’t work either, Starlight…”

“Would whichever one of you two that it is, please be quiet?” Starlight snapped, a heavily forced smile on her face as she turned back to the pair.

Sunstrike looked at Starlight in amusement, before turning towards Sunset Shimmer. “Um… What?”

“We haven’t said anything…” Sunset Shimmer added, furrowing her brow as light reflected off her necklace. Weird, that wasn’t in her room last night.

“No, it wasn’t…”

“Are you alright, Starlight?” Dean Cadence asked, appearing at the prefect’s side with a worried look as a few quiet snickers started to filter from the students in the room.

“Y-Yes, I’m fine.” Starlight stammered as she turned towards the older woman. She was certain one of them had spoken again! But… But no one else was saying anything. She turned towards Tempest Shadow, earning a look of uncertainty as she shook her head. “My apologies, everyone. I guess I was just imagining things.”

“You’re gonna wish you were…” came the voice once again, everything around her seeming to slow down to a snail’s pace. “In fact, seeing as you’re having so much trouble, why don’t I handle today’s meeting?”

Starlight Glimmer blinked, and suddenly she felt as if she were frozen in place, a strange, almost malevolent buzzing sound filling the air as she looked around the classroom.

Except she wasn’t controlling her body.

“Alright, where was I?” she heard herself say. Starlight tried to look around, but her body was rigid, refusing to move. “Right! So, how is everyone today? You all had a good weekend I hoped?”

The students that Starlight could see looked around at one another in slight confusion; out of the corner of her eye she even noticed Tempest Shadow tilt her head, probably utterly baffled at how Starlight was acting. Starlight tried to call out, to move- Anything! But the buzzing in the air only grew as she was forced to stand and watch her body move out of her control.

“Mine could have been better.” Sunset’s voice finally responded, Starlight’s body moving without her control. “It looked like someone tried to get into my room.”

“Really?” Starlight could feel the look of genuine concern appear on her face as she looked towards Sunset. “Hmm, we will need to discuss this… Why don’t you meet with me after class?”

Sunset head nodded in response as Starlight’s mind continued to race. Obviously someone had drugged her! This was all a hallucination- O-O-Or a dream! That was the only description for what was happening right now!

“You’re gonna wish this was all a dream, my poor little Starlight…”

“Now, does anyone else have anything to add? No?” Starlight looked around the room, almost frowning when no one else spoke. “Was it something I said?”

The bell chose that moment to ring, and when Starlight next blinked her eyes she stood in front of the class, in control once more as her eyes locked with Sunset Shimmer, the girl sat grinning at her. “Uh, y-yes, um…” Starlight was lost for words as the students started to stand up and prepare to leave the class. “Everyone have a good start to the new week…”

Tempest Shadow slowly approached Starlight Glimmer, frowning in concern. She had been somewhat distant the last few days, though played it off as focusing on her studies. “...Are you alright? You seemed out of it there.”

Starlight stood there for a moment, the buzzing in the back of her mind dulling finally as she noticed that Tempest was talking to her again. “T-Tempest! Yeah! Yeah, I’m… I’m fine, sorry.”

“...You sure don’t seem it.” the girl commented as she crossed her arms. “Actually, I can’t recall the last time you looked like this in public.”

“Let’s… Let’s head to our classes, okay?” Starlight said, a hint of annoyance breaking through as the buzzing continued. She stomped towards her desk, grabbing her things before starting towards the doorway, only to freeze when she saw someone waiting for her. “And what do you want?” she hissed quietly at Sunset Shimmer, the girl flicking her ponytail before adjusting her glasses as she smirked at her.

(\/):..:(\/)

Sunset smirked at Starlight as he gave her ponytail a flick before adjusting her glasses and replacing her expression with a small smile. Looks like things worked as hoped. “Well you said that you wanted to talk to me after class about that person trying to get into my room over the weekend.”

“...You know something…” Starlight whispered, furrowing her brow as Tempest Shadow walked up to stand behind her leader, with Indigo, Lemon, Sunny, Sour, and Sugarcoat following closely behind.

“Know something? What do you mean?” Sunset responded, slightly louder than intended as Dean Cadence now walked towards them. She watched as Starlight somehow furrowed her brow further.

“Yes, we should discuss the fact that you think someone is trying to get into your room, Sunset.” Dean Cadence nodded as she shared a worried smile, before turning to look at the other six girls crowding around them. “Why don’t you six head to your classes? Starlight, Sunset, if you two could follow me, we will go discuss this in my office. I’ll make sure to alert your teachers that you shall be late.”

“Of course, Dean Cadence.” Sunset said, cutting Starlight off as the small group started to break up and head their different directions, only for Indigo to take a step up.

“Hey, wait a second!” Sunset hid her smirk as all eyes focused on the blue maned girl. “The five of us have something to add to this!”

Dean Cadence tilted her head slightly as she studied Indigo. “Pardon me?”

“I’m sure it’s nothing. We should go.” Starlight said to the woman, starting to turn away only to get stopped by a hand on her shoulder.

“Just a moment, Starlight.” Dean Cadence turned back towards Indigo and the other five girls. “Go ahead, girls.”

Wide smiles spread across the faces of Sunset’s newfound allies as they were given a chance. “R-Right! Um… Sour?”

“Really?” Sour Sweet frowned at Indigo Zap, rubbing her temples before addressing Cadence. “Guh, fiiiine. Last night me and these four saw Starlight leaving Sunset’s room accompanied by Tempest Shadow and Suri Polomare. The door shut behind them as Twilight Sparkle pulled something off of the door scanner.”

Sunset unconsciously clenched her fist as she heard that name, her eyes narrowing as she glanced over at Starlight, watching as one of her eyelids twitched. This was good, Starlight was reacting- though no one else was watching her, all eyes instead on the girls speaking up for Sunset.

“Twilight? I doubt my niece would do anything like that.” a chill ran down the Equestrian’s spine as she turned towards Dean Cadence, the woman shaking her head. “I’m sorry, but I think you all should head to your classes. Sunset, Starlight, come with me, please.”

“Sure. I’ll see you girls later.” Sunset smile was as frigid as the blood coursing through her veins as she forced herself to wave farewell to everyone before following in stride behind the Dean of Students.

“Those girls always seem to have the oddest claims.” Starlight commented as the trio rounded a corner alone, Sunset’s brow furrowing for a moment before the girl paused and clutched her head, her expression souring brought a small smile to Sunset.

“Well I’ve always stood with believe that all sides should have an equal voice.” Sunset responded. “I say we should give them a proper chance to voice their claims later.”

Cadence looked back as she opened the door to her office, nodding at Sunset. “Perhaps. For now, why don’t we discuss the attempted entry of your room.”

Sunset entered the office first, followed by Starlight and finally Cadence bringing up the rear and shutting the door behind them and separating them from the outside world, causing Sunset to smile as she started to talk. “Right, so as I mentioned earlier, when I came home last night from the mall, I noticed some scratches around the ID Card reader to my room.”

“Really?” Cadence clasped her hands as she finished sitting down behind her desk, looking intently at the two of them as Sunset fiddled around in her pocket for her phone.

“Here.” Sunset tapped on the screen a few times, swiped a few fingers, and handed the device to Dean Cadence. “I took the liberty of taking a few pictures to show you.”

The woman remained silent as she studied the device, before handing it back to Sunset. “Those scratches are indeed quite odd. I will stop by after classes are out to investigate them.”

“Well I can assure you that I saw no such scratches when I came to her room last night to deal with a complaint from Twilight Sparkle.” Starlight said, stepping forward to stand about a half step closer to Dean Cadence than Sunset currently did.

“A complaint?” Cadence looked at Starlight with confused concern. “She hasn’t brought up anything with me.”

“Well I believe it is because Sunset scared her so badly.” Starlight said, tilting somewhat towards Sunset.

Sunset furrowed her brows heavily as she looked at Starlight, her lips moving silently as she felt her mind start to race before she finally managed to sputter something out. “What!? I haven’t talked to her since you took my laptop, Starlight.”

“From what she told me, you looked ready to kill her.” Starlight crossed her arms, a look of disdain building on her face.

“Pardon me, but what’s this about Sunset’s laptop?” Cadence said, interrupting the two feuding students.

“Oh, right, that.” Sunset grit her teeth as she turned at frowned at the sitting woman, pointing a hand towards Starlight. “Starlight here stormed into my room the other morning, backed by Tempest, Suri, and Twilight, and took my laptop in for a supposed ‘inspection’.”

“Whatever for, Starlight?” Cadence turned to look at Starlight, taking her attention off of Sunset.

“Well it was discovered that Sunset had been browsing some rather questionable websites of late.” Starlight said, turning to face Cadence once again. “As well as seeming to visit the social media accounts of almost every student of Crystal Prep.”

“Well I see no issue with trying to find out more about your fellow students, especially as a fresh transfer student.” Dean Cadence said after a slight pause, bringing her hand up to her chin. “But what are these other sites you mentioned?”

(\/):...:(\/)

Starlight held the smirk from her face as she turned to talk to Cadence. “Well, you see-”

Starlight froze as suddenly as her body once again went rigid, and she swore a cold chill ran down her spine as that incessant buzzing grew noisier again.

“Starlight? Are you okay?” she heard Dean Cadence ask, the woman looking like she was ready to get out of her chair. Starlight’s head turned to the left, out of her control as she watched herself shake her head, an unusual smile spreading across her face.

“Sorry, yes, I’m fine.” she heard herself say, Dean Cadence giving a slightly concerned nod as she motioned for the prefect to continue. Starlight was once again helpless, forced to more or less sit and watch as the scene played out in front of her. “Right, so the other day Twilight Sparkle found out that Sunset had been using her internet privileges to visit some rather questionable sites. I also had her take a look over the system for any other discrepancies.”

“Websites for pictures for my Social report due that morning.” she heard Sunset respond “A report that Starlight knew was coming.” Starlight’s mind started to race, was she-

“Are you implying that Starlight had an ulterior motive?” Starlight saw Cadence’s brow furrow as she listened to Sunset’s claim.

“Potentially. I would like to bring up the fact that she has called me here with you how many times before now? Every time there was an issue of some sort that I ended up being innocent of. I honestly believe that Starlight has it out for me.” Sunset paused and turned towards Starlight, the girl’s body forcefully turning towards her fellow student. A grating feeling washed over her as she felt her face take on a rictus frown.

“Talk to any of my teachers,” Sunset continued, now facing Starlight even though she was talking to Dean Cadence. “I’ve never been late, I complete all my work on time, I get top marks- everything! And yet Starlight keeps miraculously finding issues with me!”

“Because you keep stepping out of line, Shimmer!” Starlight’s voice hissed angrily, the venomous disdain of her emotions palpable to all present.

“Starlight!” Dean Cadence shot to her feet with a concerned frown, drawing the heads of the two students. Starlight noticed it was her own actions that turned her, the buzzing dying down slightly. “I do sincerely hope that all this is just mere happenstance! If you indeed are going after another student with personal motivations-”

“I-I-I-” Starlight started to stammer under the assault of Dean Cadence, freezing up when Sunset spoke once again.

“I think you need to keep a closer eye on her.” Cadence turned towards Sunset, her frown disappearing. “I’ve been biting my tongue because I didn’t want to raise any issues, but with everything happening with her, I’m at my limit.”

“I understand, Sunset.” the teacher nodded her head, sitting down and clasping her hands together as she turned to Starlight as the girl finally started to regain her composure. “Starlight, I’m going to let you off with a warning here, because you’ve been a good prefect all these years, but I’m going to be keeping a closer watch on your actions.”

“I… I understand.” Starlight bowed her head, hands held at her side. What was going on today? Everything was flipped on its head! She keeps freezing up and acting oddly- and what is with this buzzing!?

“You two are dismissed for now. I want Sunset’s laptop returned to her tonight, and I don’t want any more potentially false accusations against her.” Dean Cadence said, motioning for the two of them to leave.

“Yes, Dean Cadence.” both of the students, nodded before turning and exiting the room. As soon as they left the office, Starlight turned to Sunset, opening her mouth to speak, only to tilt her head up and see an evil smile spreading over her face.

“I’d be careful now, Starlight.” Sunset whispered with immense cruelty. “I took what you did to my room as an act of war, and I’ll be keeping the promise to end anything you started.” Sunset turned and walked down the hall, completely ignoring the visibly steaming Starlight Glimmer. It wasn’t much, but now Starlight knew she would have to be a little more careful. Maybe call Sunset into a “private” meeting? Perhaps it was time to call in that favour?

(\/):...:(\/)

“Well hey there, Twilight.” the bespectacled girl jumped and gave a quiet shriek of surprise as Sunset rested a hand on her shoulder and turned her around to face her. Math class had just ended, and Twilight spent the entire time hiding from Sunset. Not that it mattered, Sunset knew where to find her. “So I’m going to be getting my laptop back tonight- or... at least that’s what your dear aunty Cadence said this morning in our meeting- and if I find anything missing, out place, or secretly installed, well…”

Sunset smiled darkly down at the quaking girl who was obviously terrified out of her mind and clapped her on the shoulder. “Well, I’d rather not, ya know? Anyways, good talk; I’ll see you in Science class!”

Sunset called as she walked away, waving before turning around. If Twilight really had talked to Starlight about the encounter after the laptop, then this was a good way to get that second, hopefully private meeting. Next up was Social, with Starlight and Tempest- Oh, and Sunstrike, though she seemed a little befuddled still after Homeroom. Oh well, maybe she could help her fix that later.

(\/):....:(\/)

“So Dean Cadence asked to see us all after class.” Sunset looked up from her salad and glanced over at Sunny Flare. “She wants to talk to the five of us about what we saw with Starlight.”

“It’s the first time she’s ever wanted to talk to us alone.” Sour Sweet added as she set down her drink, before whispering caustically. “Biased bitch may finally be tuning into reality…”

Sunset smirked as tapped the table and got the attention of the five other girls, holding a finger up to her lips. “Cadence ripped into Starlight- actually gave her a warning to watch her step.”

“Seriously!?” Indigo Zap slammed her hands down on tray accidentally with enough force to send it flipping over her head only to land on top the head of an incredibly large and now snarling young man. Indigo turned around just in time to see the boy slowly rise up, a bestial rumbling escaping him as he started to walk towards her. “Aw shit…”

“You tryin’ to start something, Pixie?” the boy asked, towering menacingly over the sitting girl probably half his size.

“It was an accident.” Sunset said loudly, standing up with a smile as she rested her hands on the table. “I gave her some pleasant news, and-”

“Was I talkin’ to you, wench?” Sunset sighed loudly in response to the boy’s remark. It seemed this whole school would have to learn respect. She slowly walked towards him, hands resting on her hips.

“Look, uh…” Sunset paused, looking over him for a moment as she tried to recognize his face from the multitude of CPA related MyStable accounts. “Ah, right. You’re Bitch- I mean, Butch Strongarm.”

“What did you just call me!?” the young man trundled towards her, whites of his eyes red from all the veins. Sunset sneered as she walked up close to him, walking around and studying him before she started to recall what she’d learned about him.

“Sorry, trying to remember all the new names is a little taxing. Anyways, I know you’re a quarterback for the school football team.” She started, before dropping her voice to a whisper, a dark sneer spreading across her face as she leaned in close to his ear. “I also know you wet your bed until you were fifteen, and you still sleep with your teddy- what was his name again? Mister Ticklebottom?”

The boy froze, almost looking like he was shrinking as he tried to shirk away from Sunset, only for her to rest a hand on his shoulder as the rest of the lunchroom watched silently. “You’re going to apologize to Indigo for yelling at her, or else I’ll let the entire school know about the “Monday Incident”, okay?”

Needless to say, Indigo got a really humble apology from Butch, the boy prostrating himself on the floor before running away to clean up as everyone watched Sunset return to her seat. “What did you whisper to him?” Indigo asked in awe, the other four nodding in agreement.

“I just told him to apologize.” Sunset Shimmer smiled before taking another forkful of her salad.

(\/):.....:(\/)

Sunset stretched as she entered the Upper Floor foyer, happy to be back and out of the school. She had walked with the five girls to Dean Cadence’s office, before leaving them to head back to the dorms. If her favour was to come, it would be happening right about…

“Sunset Shimmer.”

Perfect. “Yes, Starlight?” Sunset kept an even face as she turned to look at Starlight Glimmer standing in the common area, arms crossed.

“Would you come talk with me.” it wasn’t so much a question as an order that came from Starlight, though Sunset shrugged and walked towards her.

“What do you want to talk about? Apologizing to me, perhaps?” Sunset smirked as Starlight scoffed at her, before motioning to follow her.

Of course she would have room number one… Sunset chuckled internally as she followed the girl into her den, nodding at Tempest and Suri as they brought up the rear, closing the door behind her. The room was incredibly regal and ornate, not quite to the level of the Sirens, but more than any of the other students had most likely.

“Search her.” Starlight nodded her head towards Sunset, and suddenly two pairs of hands were roaming all over her, patting her down.

“Wha- Hey! Watch the hands!” Sunset spun around in annoyance as Tempest’s hand grabbed her phone out of her pocket.

"Not feeling any wires.” Suri said, pulling away.

“A fucking pat-down!? Really!?” Sunset laughed in amazement as she watched Tempest hand her phone to Starlight, the girl flipping it over before walking over and placing it in a drawer in her desk. “What the hell do you want, Starlight?”

“You may think yourself clever, using a Social report to talk about me.” Starlight started as she sat on the edge of her desk, looking down her nose at the taller girl. “You may think yourself smart, for what happened with Dean Cadence this morning.”

“You mean where she told you to watch your step?” Sunset crossed her arms as she glared at Starlight in amusement. “Yeah, I remember that well.”

“I know you’re behind what’s been going on with me today…” Starlight said quietly, earning a chortle from Sunset.

“What are you talking about, Glimmer?”

“The freezing up, the buzzing…” Starlight sighed before recrossing her legs. “ I know you come from a rich family, and stayed here with some rather young landowners before transferring into our school. What better people to act as cover to get you some kind of illegal narcotics?”

“...Wait, are you trying to say that I-”

WHAT OTHER REASON IS THERE FOR WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING TO ME TODAY!?” Starlight Glimmer exploded as she launched herself at Sunset, the loud crack of the girl’s hand hitting Sunset’s face echoing in the air. “EVERYTHING WAS FINE AND IN PLACE BEFORE YOU SHOWED UP- NOBODY SPOKE OUT, NOBODY ACTED OUT- EVERYTHING WAS FAIR AND EQUAL!!!”

Sunset’s head was unmoved by the force of Starlight’s slap, the stinging was almost non existent as she remained locked with Starlight’s pinprick sized pupils as they shook violently in her eyes. “You mean you ruled everything and everyone served you.”

THIS IS MY SCHOOL, SUNSET! IT HAS BEEN SINCE I FIRST SET FOOT IN HER, AND IT WILL BE LONG AFTER YOU LEAVE! I DON’T CARE WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE!”

“Alright then, Chipmunk Cheeks.” a cold smile spread across Sunset’s face as Starlight suddenly calmed down. “Or was it Pumpky-Wumpkin?”

“What are you-” Starlight started, only to get cut off by Sunset again.

“Oh, he has toooons of nicknames for you, Starlight. In fact, he just won’t shut up about you. He keeps treating you like a little girl, doesn’t he?”

“Shut up.”

“Especially after your only friend got into a private academy.”

“Shut up!”

“Oh, boo hoo! My name’s Starlight Glimmer and I never learned how to make friends ‘cause I have to make up for my inferiority complex!”

SHUT UP!” Starlight screamed, stamping her foot on the ground repeatedly in time with her shouts. “SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!”

“Hit a nerve, did I?” Sunset smiled smugly at the shaking girl.

“When Dean Cadence hears about this invasion of privacy, she-!”

“Find that he’s posted all of that online, for the public to see. Just like MyStable. Look, are we done here?” Sunset asked with a tired sigh.

“So what, you can go to your pigsty of a room?” the malicious sneer that appeared on Starlight’s face continued to grow as she tried to egg on Sunset to do something. “It was so much fun ruining that doll of yours.”

“I’m sure you did.” Sunset nodded and shrugged. “Now, can I have my phone back? I was hoping to get a snack before I get my laptop back from your slave.”

“Or else what?” Starlight asked from atop her desk.

“I’ll mention to Cadence when she comes to look at my door lock that you also took my phone.” it was Sunset’s turn to smirk as Starlight froze for a moment before shaking her head and dismounting her desk, rummaging around in the drawer before none too gently tossing Sunset’s phone to her.

“Whatever… Take it and get out of here…” Starlight waved at Sunset with the back of her hand before turning her back on the girl. “You two see her out.”

Sunset smirked as she pocketed her phone, walking out of the room ahead of the two other girls. The door shut behind her with a dull thud as a smug look spread across Sunset’s face. Starlight just gave her everything she wanted, she just didn’t know it yet. For now, she needed to make her next stop, which just so happened to be the next floor up.

“Heya, Sunstrike.” Sunset smirked as her human self opened the door to her room, a tired look to her eyes. “We need to talk.”

(\/):......:(\/)

“Good talk, Sunstrike.” Sunset said as she exited the girl’s room, no response coming from her other self. “All right, next on the itinerary is…”

A door opening to Sunset’s side drew her attention, a lavender hued girl carrying a familiar shaped exiting it. “Of course! There we are, I knew I was missing something.”

“U-U-Umm… H-H-Here you go, S-S-Sunset!” Twilight stuttered as she handed the Sunset’s laptop back to her. She was shaking like a tree in a tornado as Sunset took the device out of her hands. “I-I-I, U-Umm-”

“Don’t care, traitor.” Sunset spat as she tore her laptop out of the girls hand, tears building in the corner of her eyes. “Now go back in your hole.”

Sunset paid no attention to what Twilight the Traitor did, instead walking to her room and swiping her ID across the lock, entering slowly and walking over to her desk, depositing her laptop before walking over to pause in front of her bed. Her hands lingered on the chain of her necklace, her hands shaking as she removed it, only to place it around the neck of her replica pony self, a slight frown coming to her face as she caressed it slowly.