• Published 29th Aug 2018
  • 574 Views, 6 Comments

The Other Chrysalis - ChangelingProductions



A good reality of Chrysalis is replaced by the usual evil one. Good Chrysalis must find a way back before it's too late.

  • ...
 6
 574

Chapter 1: Something's wrong...


Queen Chrysalis woke up to the feeling of a soft mattress under her body. At first, she decided to return to her land of slumber for a little while, then her brain began to process what was happening. If she went to sleep on a hard stone floor last night, then how is she suddenly on top of a mattress? Why was she under blankets? And most importantly, why could she smell the scent of fresh books? Chrysalis jarked out of her bed. She was inside some sort of old library house in someone else's bed. When she looked down at her body, she saw that she was wearing purple striped pajamas. Great. Not only is she in some strangers bed, but that same stranger put clothing on her. Next to the bed was someones bright red Glasses. She grabbed them with her hoof and chucked them out the open window... Open window... Oh no.

Chrysalis panicked and used her magic to shut the window. There was a window this whole time. Someone might have seen her a went to inform the local royal guard. This was just perfect. Now she get's to die in someone else's home instead of in the embrace of her changeling subjects like she imagined. She lied back down in defeat. She couldn't care less if she wanted to. Everything was stolen from her, so she decided to just let her be taken away by royal guards... then she looked back at the nightstand the glasses where on. Next to where the glasses where Chrysalis could see the top of a picture frame. She got back up from the bed and picked up the picture. Her jaw dropped.

In the picture, there was a young changeling with red glasses, a black handkerchief, and a green coat standing with a nervous smile next to Nightmaremoon. That changeling was Chrysalis. This... this made her head hurt. This place was her house. Yet, when did she get it? How does she know the queen of evil her self? What was happening?

Chrysalis finally got out of bed and on her own four hooves. She studied the library house to see what more she could pick up on for her current situation. The most amazing thing about it from what she could tell was how she was how the second floor had a terrace where you could see the bottom of the library. She walked down the stairs and saw a sign that said "Off limits" written next to the bottom step. The sing was big, so it wasn't hard to notice. On the bottom, the only thing worthy of note was the single large oval table in the middle of the room with six chairs around it.

"Hay Chrisy you're up!" Said a feminine voice. Chrysalis went stiff. She turned around to see a blue dragon sitting at a corner table reading a book called "Adventures Ahuizotl in Do your taxes". She put a bookmark in and walked toward Chrysalis. Chrysalis first reaction was run, but the dragon didn't seem to have any ill intents so she just stood still. Petrified.

"I was beginning to think you would never wake up. I mean, the way you burst in here crying last night made me think the pressure finally got to ya' and you would sleep forever." The dragon said as she walked right up to Chrysalis face. Chrysalis had to back up from the dragoness and bumped into a bookshelf. "Hey... are you sure you should be up right now?" she said to Chrysalis. "You don't look too hot..." As soon as she said this, Chrysalis passed out from stress. "Chrisy?!" was the last thing she heard.


Chrisy woke up to the feeling of hard stone on her back. She would have slept longer, but she was beginning to feel cold and stiff, and the air felt strangely humid. The first thing she did when once she gained some willpower was to reach for her glasses. It only took her a second to realize all she could feel was cold stone. She jolted up from fear. She tried to see where she was, but all her eyes could make out were blobs of gray all around her except for a small bit of bright green light across from her. She decided to start walking towards the light having nothing else to truly do.

The Closer she got to the light the bigger it got. It wasn't until she felt the heat of the sun, the chirping of birds, the sound of leaves, and the smell of fresh spring water that she realized the light was coming from outside. From past experiences, she was able to realize fairly quickly she was in a cave. Then she felt a draft around her body. When she used her front hoof to inspect her body, she was horrified to discover she was in fact not wearing clothing. Chrisy squicked a little scream and fell on her bum. What was happening?

Chrisy walked down the grass path, (hitting trees as she went along), trying to find somewhere that she could get new glasses. As she walked, she kept hearing the sounds of animals running in fear in the opposite direction of her. Great, at least she knows that the animals are still scared of her. That sure made her "happier". Chrisy scowled now, looking exactly as she felt: angry and alone. After a while of hearing animals scream and run she decided to change into the form of some random pony. Her coat was gray, her hair was a blue mess, and her colors were hard to look at but at least animals stopped screaming in fear as she passed them.

After at least three hours of walking, Chrisy finally gave up. She was defiantly lost. She sat down on the dirt and began to weep to her self. She tried so hard to think of why she was here in the forest, but her last memories before going to sleep were going into her bed wearing her favorite pajamas. Someone must have broken in and kidnapped her, or maybe it was one of Discords jokes, or maybe she was even still dreaming. None of this mattered now to her and she just kept crying. Her tears where so loud and pain filled, that she didn't even notice somebody walking up behind her.

"Do not cry a river, pony who keeps on her quiver." Chrisy's head spun up and she turned her ear's toward the pony behind her. It was no use trying to get a good look, so she at least gave her voice to reply.

"Oh, I'm sorry... I hope I didn't bother you. My name is- Oh wait." Chrisy remembered she was still in another form and quickly turned back. "Hi, I'm-" BAM!!! something hard hit her right on the head as soon as she did that. Chrisy began to feel light headed and started to pass out. She wished she could see the pony who was kidnapping her, but all that walked up was a black and white blob with no features. Her eyes closed as she started to feel a warm liquid on the back of her head.


Chrysalis woke up to a bright light. Her eyes adjusted and she realized she was inside a white building filled with medical equipment and empty beds. Behind her was a window the reviled the town known as "Pony-Vill". Looking out the window, Chrysalis noticed bandages where tied around her reflections head and her own. It didn't take a pony with no brain to realize she was in a hospital being cared for... but why exactly was she being cared for in a hospital? Didn't everyone hate her? Why would they take her somewhere she could be heald rather than killed? Everything was so strange.

"Hello? You awake Chrisy?" Said a male voice from out of the wooden door located in front of her. Chrysalis's first instinct when hearing it was to change shape and fly out the window, but then she thought for a second; if 'they' wanted to kill her, 'they' would have done it by now. It took all her willpower to let the stranger know she was awake.

"Y... yes..." She said in a tone that reeked of drowsiness. As she said her reply, the door burst open with a loud bang, and of all the pony's Chrysalis expected to see, Discord was not one of them. Discord was wearing a pink leather jacket with a gray shirt and white pants. He was using a brown piece of cloth on his waist as a belt due to the pants not fitting quite right. He even shaved his beard. Chrysalis eyes went wide and her jaw dropped. Discord was the one keeping her alive?! DISCORD?!?!

"Are you ok? I'm sorry about yesterday. Hey, why did you pass out? Are you ok? Why do you look so surprised?"

"Y-you're Discord..."

"Yes. and?"

"But you- what- I- Starlight- What. Is. Happening?!"

Discord scratched his head as he summoned a glass of water to help him think. After careful consideration, he decided that Chrisy must have hit her head. It was the only logical conclusion as to why she looked so shocked. Yep, no other reason could create such a look of both terror and surprise. Of course, hitting your head obviously always meant you lost your memories every time. This logic made perfect sense. But just to be safe...

"Oh Chrysi, do you remember what happened yesterday?" Discord said hoping for amnesia.

"... No..." Chrysalis said, realizing what Discord was implying, and she may have agreed. She obviously must have amnesia if she woke up in someone else's bed and is being concerned for by THEE Discord. Maby she could [lay this off to her advantage. All she needed to do, was get him to spill what happened the night before.


Chrisy woke up to a dim light shining in her eyes. She couldn't see anything other than some brown, green, and purple blobs, but she could still hear, feel, and smell what was around her. She felt rope uncomfortably tieing her around a large wooden piler, she heard a pot bubbling with some strange liquid, and she smelt the trees of the forest. After a while, she heard some hoof steps and began to panic. The strange pony from before was coming back. Chrisy squirmed around in her bandaged state but was unable to free her self. The pony said nothing as they walked around the area, grabbing things and splashing them into her pot of heated liquid. Chrisy was horrified. What was this pony going to do? She needed to know. Chrisy worked up the courage to finally ask them what they wanted.

"...W-what d-d-do you w-want from me?" Chrisy finally asked with a quivering voice what was on her mind. The gray blob went up to her face and, by what Chrisy could tell, began to tilt its head.

"Remember me you do not? Hold on, let me trot." It said before pacing around in a small circle. After a while, the sound of steam could be heard and it rushed over to the noise. When it came back, it started sprinkling some strange blue liquid on Chrisy. It was only a few moments before she started to glow. The blob did some motions and decided to untie our kidnapped friend. Chrisy was so relieved to be untied she started crying a little from her eyes. Mabe things wouldn't be so bad after all...

"Please follow me inside, I promise I have nothing to hide." The blob said as t walked away. Chrisy tried to follow but ended up tripping on a random root. Great. She could feel the blobs eyes fallen upon her and she decided to tell it what was wrong.

"Sorry, I have trouble seeing without my glasses," Chrisy said. The blob helped her get inside.


Chrysalis was amazed at how much she was able to figure out when talking to Discord. Her first question was of what had happened last night, and he told her about how they were playing in the woods when she decided to go to bed early because she was tired and not mad at him. After starring at him like a ticking time bomb for a few moments, she then asked him where they where. He replied that they were in a town called Filly-Villa. She then asked if Celestia was going to come to find her... and he just stared.

"Wow," He said, snapping his fingers to make the glass disappear into dust. "I didn't realize your memories where that messed up." Apparently, during the battle of Celestia and Nightmaremoon, Celestia ran away. When she heard this, Chrysalises maw dropped. This had to be a dream she thought at first... then she realized she would have woken up by now if it was. After some more digging, she came to the conclusion that time must have changed. Maby someone used a time spell and changed the past, or something else could have decided to change history in a more natural way, but time was changed. She came to the conclusion that the hole of events changed thanks to Celestia running away. Apparently, after she fled Nightmaremoon set the world into an eternal night for about 980 years... until she found a blinded baby changeling named Chrisy.

Chrysalis was smiling as she and Discord walked home to the library.

"Thanks for the help Discord, you have no idea how happy I am!" Chrysalis aid, looking at Discord. Discord looked at her with confusion.

"Um... Thanks? I would say something back, but I don't know how to respond to my old name... so..."

"Old name?"

Yah, you know how you helped me change my name... or did you forget that too?" He said.

"Ya... I forgot... what was it?"

"Fuwa," He said. Chrysalis had to stop moving to process what was just said, before laughing loudly to the heavens.

"Hay!" Fuwa said as she fell to the ground in hysteria. Out of all the things she expected to hear, something that sounded like a bird species name was not one of them. Fuwa had to pick her up and carry her home... But then again, maybe it would be best for her to see some stops first to jog her memories first... Discord smiled as he snapped his fingers and teleported out of there.


Nightmaremoon was looking around her gardens of shadows. Apparently, one of her guards heard some strange sounds coming from the bushes. Of course, being the coward he was she killed him on the spot. But after a while, her curiosity got the better of her and she decided to check it out for her self. It didn't take long to hear the infants crying, and it took even less time for her to find the baby Changeling. Their eyes were green as the leaves, and their pupils were white as the moon. Nightmaremoon loved them at first sight

Author's Note:

Welp, here we go. Time for days on end of writing these chapters... ;-;

Comments ( 2 )

9144443
Let us hope then that the reactions to good chryssi and prejudices from everypony are good to read. I do so love a story where those are forcibly overcome after being so prevalent.

Ouch... i like this idea though...

Login or register to comment