• Published 10th Aug 2018
  • 209 Views, 0 Comments

Bookstore Anniversary!! - Felixfloetryfox88



It's the One year anniversary of the Books Galore Bookstore and Felix, Rarity and Applejack must get it ready!

  • ...
 0
 209

The Town

Felix and Okami continue making their way up to Cantorlot. the travel was long, but Okami sure didn't mind helping Felix pull his heavy cart along the way. About 2 Miles further, along an old Dusty trail, the Canines came across a small semi abandoned town.

"Hey felix, a-are you sure we are heading the right way...?"

Asked Okami, feeling somewhat uneasy about their current surroundings.

"Umm, I think so.... I've been following the map consistently since the start. I suppose it's possible that we missed our turn somewhere..."
Said Felix as Scratching his head and glancing at the map.

The treaded cautiously, not knowing if anypony was even living in this poor old town they found a street sign, but it was too old and worn to make out Legibly. The town consisted of a couple dozen rundown homes, 2 tattered convenient stores the Appeared to have been ransacked and then burned.
There was an old strip mall Completely littered with trash and graffiti and various other business-like buildings that were crumbling and covered in moss. The roads were broken and riddled with weeds and Garbage. It was like stepping into some old forgotten city that has since been left as a faint blip in existence.

Okami volunteered to search the Eastern parts of the area while Felix went west. The buildings were in gross disrepair with broken windows and assorted vermin ranging from Rats to Large Cockroaches. There were faded hoof tracks everywhere as if this town was at one time Heavily populated.

"Whoa... what in the name of Celestia happened to this place, and which way is Cantorlot from here...??
Felix said to himself as he continued searching for signs of current occupancy.

There are thistles and weeds growing all around and dry perched dirt. It almost seemsed like the entire town was Hit with something devastating at one point, like a bomb or something. As Felix and Okami continued to explore the abandoned buildings, unbeknownst to them, a small band of ponies was watching their every move from inside of one of the old houses.

"I-It seems that there is no Pony here, though I can definitely smell someponys scent....."
Said Okami upon meeting back up at the town's center.

" *Sigh* we've been searching for half an hour now, and no signs are legible enough to tell where the hell we are. It's funny how you mentioned that you can't see anypony around yet you can smell them near. Because Actually, I have been sensing the presence of about 6 different Auras since we arrived here, and none of it is ours....."
Said Felix as 6 pony shaped figures appear in the distance Among the fog.

"F-Felix..... I'm a little scared...."
Said Okami, his ears lowering as the figures get closer.

"I am too to be honest....."
Replied Felix. There's then, the six figures Finally come into view.

They are a group of very sickly looking Earth Ponies, all with Albino Colored coats grey eyes and various Mane styles. They are not very coherent and Appear very malnourished.

"M-Morsle......n-need m-m-m....."
Said one of the withered ponies, dropping to his knees.

Felix and Okami looked at one another briefly
"I-I think he said....'morsle' or something....D-Do you think that he might mean food?" Said Okami, looking at them with concern.

"Perhaps.....I think I have some extra food that I can give to them....."
Said Felix.

He then went over to his cart, rummaged through it, and pulled out a large bag of fresh produce.

"Here! This should help you all!"

He Then tossed the bag towards the poor ponies, who in turn, proceeded to eat the delicious food and thanking Felix one at a time. Okami hitched up the cart Again and looks up at the sky.

"Felix, I think we should get going.... we don't have much time left before the big event!"
Okami said. Felix nodded and said

"Yea, I wish we could stay and investigate, but I Am indeed on a Time schedule.... Please enjoy the food...um...strange ponies."

The two then said off and started to leave the Old Town.

(Back at the bookstore)

Applejack and rarity are putting the finishing touches on the store decorations and all the preparation are nearly complete. Well, except for the fact that Felix is still getting those errands done.

"Alright Rarity, it's time to pass out the flyers! we need everypony in Ponyville to know about this event!"
Said Applejack, confidently admiring her work

"Absolutely, Applejack darling. I've taken the liberty of specifying an important Dress code for this event As well! It's printed on the back!*Shows it to Applejack*"
Said Rarity.

Just then, Felix's Marefriend Squip showed up. She was wearing her favorite blue bowtie. She trotted up to the store's entrance where Applejack and Rarity are preparing to go pass out flyers for the Story Anniversary Event. Squip Smiled and greeted the two Mares.

"Gosh... You two sure have been really busy around here! The store looks great! Where's my Foxfriend Felix?"
Said Squip as she searches the store for her boyfriend.

"Ohh! You must be Squip!" Said Rarity. "Felix has told us so much about you! I must say, I love your bowtie haha!"

Squip Blushed a little And adjusted her glasses and said
"Oh gosh....h-he mentioned me..? Hehe Feelie is such a sweetheart. In fact, today is our 1 year Anniversary of when we first started dating."

Squip Blushes brightly and Applejack walks Over.
"Aww, now ain't that the sweetest thing?"
Said Applejack.

Meanwhile, Felix and Okami Finally made their way to Cantorlot. The huge gates Slowly open and the two Canines head inside.

"We Finally made it! That last Special Item is in this town! I can't wait to get it for her and really make the day Special...."
Said Felix as they enter the magnificent city.

"W-What are we looking for exactly?"

Asked Okami, still looking around in amazement.

"A Jewelry store my friend. A very special Jewelry store. I just hope that we can find it in time...."

Said Felix as they began the search.

----To Be Concluded----

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment