• Published 11th Aug 2018
  • 330 Views, 0 Comments

Shattered Past - Foxy_Sama



A wizard from thousands of years ago, gets thrown into current age Equestria due to a magic fluke.

  • ...
 0
 330

Prologue

Darkness... All I can see is Darkness...

I am suddenly awoken by the wind hitting my mane and nose. I sit up with a start, looking around at the field I am in. The bright, sunny sky shining down on me, my brown coat shimmering against the light. My black, messy mane in curls. I pull a leaf from my mane.

What happened? Where am I? I thought as I look around the field again. In the distance I can see what looks like some buildings. Perhaps a town or village. That's when something suddenly struck me. My name...

I am Solar Terra. I was one of canterlots most gifted wizards. But.. How did I end up in this field? And, where is this field? I get up and dust some grass off my brown coat. Well I suppose that town is my best bet. I thought as I began to make my way towards said town. As I got closer, I could make out a building. Some sort of cottage? Seemingly carved out of a very wide tree, with bird houses hanging all around, and rabbits running about. I walk over. "What a curious place.." I mutter to myself as I get to the door and knock.

The door opened a small crack, and I could see a bit of a mare looking at me. From what I could see, the mare had blue eyes, a yellow coat and a pink mane. "Uhm... Hello?" The mares mouth moved but I could barely hear a word. "Sorry, could you please speak up?" The mare stared at me for a second or two before speaking again.

"Hello?" I could still barely hear what she had said, but I could make it out.

"Uh, yes hello. I was just wondering, where am I?" I ask as I try to give the mare a reassuring smile.

The mare instead looks at me oddly. "Your on my cottage..." She says, still very soft and quiet. I can almost not make out what she was saying to me. I sigh a bit.

"And a wonderful cottage it is, Ma'am. But I was looking more specifically for the name of the town I am in?" The mare looks confused, and tilts her head sightly.

"Ponyville..." She says. Ponyville? I have never heard of such a town! This is too odd.

Suddenly I remember something else! Princess Luna had turned on her sister. The two were fighting! "Wait, what about the Princesses? What happened to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna?!" My sudden outburst seems to have startled the Shy mare, as she cowers a bit and whimpers. "My.. Apologies for my outburst, but I must get to the Princesses Immediately. Please, tell me where the Princesses are." I say and look into the mares eyes, a mix of confusion, fear, and worry in her eyes.

"Uhm... They are at... Canterlot." She says after a few seconds of silence.

"But where is that from here?" I ask as, I had no clue where this 'ponyville' even was. If it even is in Equestria. The yellow mare steps a bit further out, and points to the city on the mountain. "Canterlot is up there..." She says. I nod at her.

"Thank you so very much ma'am." I say as I turn and start heading to Canterlot. The only question is.. How am I ever going to get there? I am no pegasus. I could never fly there, or teleport there for that matter. Perhaps I could rent a balloon to fly there? Or maybe there was a group of traveling merchants that I could tag along with? As I think of a way to get to Canterlot, I find myself walking through this town. This, 'ponyville' is a lovely town, I have to say. It's quite odd though. Last I remember it was night. But its day now. Did Celestia win? Or did the Princesses settle their problems?

As I walk through the town, basking in how large and developed this town is, I suddenly bump into somepony. As I fall back I look at whoever I had walked into. The other pony I had pumped into had fallen back onto her flank. It was a pink mare, with a pink mane. She opened her eyes and looked at me.

"Oh no! I am so sorry mister... Waait...." She stares at me for a brief second before she let out a huge gasp. "I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU BEFORE! WELCOME TO PONYVILLE!!" She shouts, almost in my ear and grabs my hoof, and shakes it rapidly, threatening to rip my hoof off.

"Hey now, hey. That is quite enough, and please do not shout in my ear.." I groan and rub my head. The pink pony was basically bursting with energy and excitement as she erupts into a series of questions.

"Who are you? Where did you come from? How old are you? Do you live in ponyville? Are you just visiting? Who are you visiting? Do you have family here?" I quickly put a hoof over the mares mouth to quiet her.

"Please.. One question at a time.." The pink pony takes a deep breathe. "Oookay! Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie! Who are you?" She beams, her smile as friendly as ever. "Im Solar Terra. A pleasure to meet you, Miss Pie."

Pinkie Pie smiles. "Soooo, What are you doing in ponyville?" I sigh and tilt my head. "

Well, if you truly must know, I am passing through, trying to find a way to Canterlot. I must see the Princesses immediately." I say, with a nod. Perhaps this pink mare could help me get to Canterlot? "Any help would be appreciated." I add, smiling a bit.

The pink mare nods. "Uhhh... Let me think!........ Ah! Ding! I could take you to Twilight! She has a hot air balloon that she rarely uses anymore!" She bounces and starts heading towards a large crystal tree. I sigh.

"How did I get myself into this? Celestia will be most displeased..." I mutter and follow the pink Mare. Would somepony really allow some stranger like myself to take a hot air balloon to canterlot? Ponies seem to be a lot more trusting in this town. How curious.

I suppose I will have to met this pony, a sparkle of hope.

Author's Note:

Please go easy on me for Criticism. This is my first crack at writing! That being said, all criticism is welcome.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment