• Published 4th Jun 2018
  • 784 Views, 364 Comments

Silent: Windy Chyme's Story - Phoenix Heart 27



Somehow, a little filly can't always speak her mind. Sometimes, she just has to remain....silent

  • ...
2
 364
 784

Entry #011

Dear Diary,

Summer has been, in a word: Heck! There! I said it and am thankful no grown pony will EVER read that! Dad’s been M.I.A for almost a month. This is the longest I’ve been left on my own. I know now why he was extra nice to me when I got out of school. Foal Protective Services had gotten wind of a potential case here at home and dad had to cover his tracks. As in: Making the house spotless, but also making it look like a foal lives there too. Making himself look like a “model” single parent. Plus the rep from FPS came while I was at school so, no statement or evidence of abuse. Smart moves for a criminal. Anyways, Stormy, Lightning and I were having a great time until Stormy told me her family was going on vacation and she couldn't bring a friend. That sucked. So it’s just been me and Lightning roaming around. Doing what we pleased.

We’ve spent most of our mornings at the skate park near my apartment building. Then for afternoon, we’d head to an actual park and play around. I even went to his house! His house is a lot bigger than our tiny apartment. We even went swimming (okay, he swam and I floated on a raft because I can’t swim)! At one point, he asked me if we could hang at my house. Now diary, we both know why I had to say no! Reason #1: My house, while not a mess, is really a small apartment. Reason#2: I didn't have any food there (ya know, in case either of us got hungry). Reason #3 (this one’s the most important one): I didn't want him there in case dad came back. That last one really had me on edge.

Anyways, so in the time span between our last encounter diary, I’ve had another birthday. Yeeaaahhh I did nothing to “celebrate” it truly. I mean...well when “I” told Lightning it was my birthday (and by “I told” I really mean Stormy blabbed it when we got to the park before she left for her vacation. Leaving me to cover my tail). So what does he do? He decides to help me celebrate it by taking me to a cart derby in Cloudsdale. I know what you might be thinking diary, but Cloudsdale is currently floating near Detrot in these summer months. It was kinda sweet of him to do. However, I neglected to remember that I hadn’t eaten anything in about a week at that point. I simply wrote off his offers of food as “oh! No need for that. I’m okay! Really, I am!” However, he was persistent (another big word for today diary) and we did end up going to a nearby café and we split two carrot dogs and hay fries. We even got a milkshake on the house (I think the waiter thought we were on a date! Absolute ewww!!). Later on, he surprised me with a new helmet for my skateboard! It looks awesome by the way.

Okay so, all of this was a few weeks ago. I just wanted to update you on all that’s been happening. Right now, I’m at “Auntie” Harley’s place and she’s making spaghetti and seasoned broccoli bites. Gotta go now. She just called me ‘round for dinner. Goodnight for now, diary!
Love,
Wind Chyme (age 8)

P.S.: I gotta make sure I go to the laundromat soon. Running low on clean cloths.