• Published 4th Jun 2018
  • 784 Views, 364 Comments

Silent: Windy Chyme's Story - Phoenix Heart 27



Somehow, a little filly can't always speak her mind. Sometimes, she just has to remain....silent

  • ...
2
 364
 784

Entry #017

Dear Diary,

I HATE it when I have an argument with a friend. It's somehow even worse when the argument is with your coltfriend. It was a stupid thing really! See not long ago I got “promoted” to head of security for Dusty Hooves. As the lead mare (okay, can’t even call myself that yet), my small squad of ponies (all colts, I’m the only girl) and myself are charged with protecting Dusty. While the boys are capable and competent, I’m usually the one who’s taking on the heavy work. That’s impressive for a filly my age to be able to perform amazing acrobatics while beating the shit out of anypony who dare to try to attack Dusty. Tracy, she’s like a big sister to me! Over the past 2 years, I’ve leveled up in rank rather fast. So have Lightning and Wave. So anyways, back to the incident between me and Lightning. So we were on a job: Protect Dusty while she went out for the day. Thankfully it was an off-day for us students so we weren’t worried or nothing. Anyways, During Dusty’s small picnic in the park, there was an attack on her life and mine. Now thankfully Lightning, Dusty and I had our weapons. It was the North Detrot’s again. While we protected her, I did get shot in the shoulder (okay it was a graze wound). Lightning saw me go down and he absolutely flipped out. Those high schoolers who shot at us instantly regretted it. We only let two of them get away to report back to their boss. The other two were taken captive by our back-up that we had on hoof.

So anyways, after we got back to the hideout, Lightning instantly ushered me into our “medical” space (a converted hangar space for zeppelins that we made into a med bay). Of course despite my protests he still dressed my wound as best as he could. This ultimately lead us into the argument. Him claiming that I needed to be way more careful and that I needed a vest on. I shot back angrily that I could take care of myself and that I already had a team of ponies watching me whether or not I liked it (quickly bringing up the fact that I’m still on near constant watch by my dad’s ponies). I also yelled at him to stop worrying over me! Words were said. Tempers flared. Basically we had our first actual fight as a couple. Now Diary, I’m sure you’re hella confused as to why I said that last part, but here’s that explanation. Months ago, after our...maybe...4th time out just the two of us, be just kinda pulled me aside and up in the air we found ourselves. Then (very shakily) he just asked me to be his filly. Now of course after the shock wore off, I said yes and the rest is--as they say--history!

Okay so that’s how that happened. I remember not speaking to Lightning for a solid week after that. It was only after Stormy and Wave got involved is when we finally reconciled (I won’t bore you on the details of their little scheme. It was convoluted and confusing, yet brilliant) and resumed being the top couple of the 6th grade. I practically run the informants ring at the middle school for the 6th graders. My cohorts, a 7th grader by the name of Earth Song (an Earth Pony) and a 8th grader by the name of Fizzy Twist (A Unicorn) were more than pleased to meet with me on a weekly review since the first day of school. We report anything we find interesting (like attack plans, squadron moves, test results etc.) and get that info back to Quick Draw and his right hoof mare, Lucky. Those two are truly characters in their own right! They’re hilarious! They even showed me how to get free food from the teacher’s lounge and I showed them how to hack every snack machine in the school. Oh, did I mention that I passed my first session of Flight Class in 5th grade with flying colors (pun intended)? It was awesome. Second session is proving to be difficult, but I’m catching on fast. However my instructor was confused as to why I was taking the course as to when he saw my cutie-mark, the boxing gloves part, he said and I quote: “Young mare, why are you in a flight class when you should be in a boxing ring?”. My response was: “Because my special talent won’t help me fly better will it? I can’t fly too fast with boxing gloves on yet. I can float and flitter rapidly but fly? Not really. So Mr. Rápidamente I seem to have all the reason to be here as much as the rest of my classmates.” I know, I wish I had written that out after I said it originally. That was funny as hell to see my self-righteous, pompous teacher be put in his place and by my own mouth! Now that’s a boss power move! That right there is when I earned my flight teacher’s respect. Anyways, that’s how school’s been.

Home?....honestly, I really think I should just up and run off. Pack up some clothes, emergency bits, Bubby and Cheyenne, personal care items and whatever else I’d need and just leave. Over the past 6 months he’s broken 2 of my ribs, my hooves has been fractured three times, and I now sport a large scratch across my right eye. Food has once again been hard to come by and I’ve been reduced to illegal grazing in parks. I know, sad. Thankfully I haven't been caught. My ribs are again, pulsing through my skins and sometimes I feel too weak to get out of bed. Yet I still soldier on Diary. I still have hope that things will change...soon I pray. I must go now, I’m tired and I have school tomorrow. Oh yeah! One more thing. Today was my birthday….yay I guess? I really am too tired to care. Maybe if I rest I’ll feel better.
Love,
Wind Chyme (age 11)

P.S.: Things I got for my birthday (despite my objections):
A new camera (from Wave Rider)
A hoof held gaming system (from Lucky)
Some clothes (from Quick Draw)
Some shoes (from Aunt Twister)
New boxing gloves (from Lightning)
A stuffed rabbit (from Stormy)