• Published 4th Jun 2018
  • 781 Views, 364 Comments

Silent: Windy Chyme's Story - Phoenix Heart 27



Somehow, a little filly can't always speak her mind. Sometimes, she just has to remain....silent

  • ...
2
 364
 781

Entry #016 (Second Diary)

Dear Diary,
You are my 2nd diary. Yay! I hope you can handle my writing (and small tinges of profanity, because I don’t care. I won’t speak these words aloud anyways). Anyways, I should inform you of your predecessor before getting into today’s entry. Your predecessor, to whom I named Veronica, was with me for 5 years. During that time, Veronica had “seen” me go through some trying times. I’m only warning you that my life sucks and you’ll be filled with all kinds of crazy blabbering (and considering you’re a thicker diary with a padlock just like Veronica, you’ll be fine). Before I get into my session, I wish to present you with a name. You will be called: Tracy (however, I’ll still refer to you as “Diary” in entries). Now that that’s taken care of, time for my entry.

For starters, it’s currently summer and while I know my dad is “at work” I also know that I...probably won’t see him until close to my birthday (you should know that my birthday is September 18th 02 A.L.). That’s alright. I’m used to it. It’s not like it’s the first time he’s abandoned me and it sure as hell won’t be the last. Guess I’ll just have ta scavenge again. It’s become the only other way I know how to obtain food. Ever since Mrs. Brownstone passed away and “Aunt” Harley moved to the Appleloosan Mountain Range to be with her boyfriend I’ve literally got no other family that’ll take me in. Living with dad is living in a constant state of fear and mistrust. Only 3 ponies know what I’m really about: Stormy Night, Wave Rider and Lightning Zap. They’ve become my 2nd family. They’d do anything for me and I’d do anything for them! I won’t lie, these past few months have been a living Tartarus! I...I haven’t been able to hit the gym because my dad’s been being a total bastard and he won’t let me leave aside from going to school. I don’t even know why I’m being punished?! He just said “Stay here. Don’t leave unless for school. If I find out you went anywhere else, I’ll kill ya!”. So...my activity with the gang has been limited. I can’t even hang with Stormy and the boys for longer than school permits! He’s got ponies posted at my school to make sure I’m where I’m supposed to be. Uhhhggg!!! I hate it! No. No, I hate him. Yes I said it: I HATE MY DAD!!! I didn’t think I could be able to write this, but I did. I hate him with an intensity I never knew I had in me! In the name of Faust, it’s truly amazing how I haven’t run away by now!

Anyways, onto how most of my last few weeks of school were. The war has now turned deadly. Two shootings at the elementary school (both were 1st graders I knew and was deeply saddened when I found out). A bombing threat at the middle school. 2 isolated gang fights at the high school. A drive by at a nearby park almost killed me 3 weeks ago. It was the only other primarily adolescent/pre-adolescent gang in the city: The Noth Detrot Phoenixes. They are the enemy. Their co-leaders also just happen to be the foals of the boss of the only other top-rate gang in the city: the Wendigos. My dad’s rivals. Somehow they knew that there were some members from the Dragon Shields who had kids who were in that gang. The ones who shot at me in the park had to have known who I was and targeted me in broad daylight. Stupid mistake on their part because I caught a good glimpse at the trigger pony. Told Leader and now I am to be made sure I have protection on me at all times at school. Leader made sure of that. Even when I move onto 6th grade in the fall. My fellow informants will be coming too as well as some new contacts I’m supposed to meet on the 1st day to be briefed. I know I’m sounding like a real movie right now, but this is real shit!

Anyways, onto some more happy news. Well...what I can offer would be considered “happy”. I’ve now gone through my first molting session (a Horrible thing I assure you, Tracy! Should never happen to a Pegasus! My wings were in so much pain for 2 days afterwards). Thankfully my cousin who lives nearby helped me figure out how to properly preen and keep my wings safe throughout this time of year. She says it’s important to know how to do this so that I won’t be in a hell of a lot of pain. I was shocked to find that Stormy had simply laughed when I told her before she explained to me that the spring before, she had gone through it herself. Thankfully she had an older friend who knew how to preen. She told me asking her parents was useless because their wings are leathery and fur covered. Therefore, no feathers=no molt season. I’m glad she got help when she did! Well, I gotta go now diary. Dad just got home and I can already smell that he’s been at the bar. Wish me luck as I hide under the fire escape!
Love,
Wind Chyme (Age 10 and ½.)

P.S.: Cheyenne fell out my window into a mud puddle. Now I gotta wash her at the laundromat tomorrow! Great.