• Published 4th Jun 2018
  • 777 Views, 364 Comments

Silent: Windy Chyme's Story - Phoenix Heart 27



Somehow, a little filly can't always speak her mind. Sometimes, she just has to remain....silent

  • ...
2
 364
 777

Entry #009

Dear Diary,

I’m in so much pain! My back left hoof is cracked and bleeding. My wing has healed over a large period of weeks, but it too still throbs with pain. Yet this pain pales in comparison to the pain in my back. It’s like somepony dropped a chair on me. Oh. Wait that’s exactly what happened to me. Take a wild guess as to who that somepony was who threw the hard, wooden chair at my back. He’s been a lot worse lately. He calls me horrible things. When he does come home, he reeks of alcohol. Then...well then I hide. Sometimes he can’t find me if I hide under the terrace (takes a lot of wing power for me to stay under there for an hour or two). Most of the time he finds me. Then he’ll scream at me. Hit me. Tell me it’s my fault that mama died! Newsflash: HOW WOULD I HAVE KNOWN SHE’D DIE OF CANCER?!? And yes, my science class has been on the topic of diseases and our current unit is Cancer. I now know what kind my mama died from. Apparently she didn’t know she was even sick with it until too late. It’s a very rare one, especially in ponies between 0-60 years old. Even many unicorn doctors can’t figure it out. I miss my mama everyday. She….she told me to stay strong and do my best. I’m trying diary! I really am trying! Dad got rid of a lot of my toys. I still have my dollhouse and dolls. I still have Bubby and a few other stuffed animals. That’s really it. I’ve figured out how to use the microwave and the stove. All by myself too! So I can at least feed myself when he’s not here. Yet, that’s the main reason I’m in pain right now. We ran out of food last week. I’m SOOOO hungry!!

Diary, I’m gonna try and be positive for a second. Now that I got the bad stuff out the way, here’s some good stuff. Storm Streamer just turned 1 year old recently. Yay! He’s a yearling! They’re so much fun to teach and play with! Okay...uuuhhh...oh! I made a new friend recently at school. His name is Lightning Zap. He’s a Pegasus like me and he just transferred to my class 2 weeks ago. He’s the best (just don’t tell Stormy, or she’ll have my blood for a snack! Just kidding. But seriously, she will get mad). He likes skateboarding and drawing like me. His fur is light coffee brown. He has amethyst (which is a shade of purple) eyes and a black mane and tail with a gold highlight in both. He has his cutie-mark of a race cart with wings. He’s super sweet, but well...he’s recently become Stormy and mine’s partner-in-crime. It honestly started out as harmless pranks! Then it snowballed into stealing from the bullies that torment our playground. Don’t worry diary, we have NEVER gotten caught. It’s funny to see them frantically search for their stuff and we’ve either eaten it or hidden it good. Yeah diary, I can be bad if I wanna. Though I heard from a couple of 3rd graders that they’ve seen how my dad acts and therefore they think “oh she must be a little punk! Weak little filly!”, believe me, once I knock one of them out with one hoof and both wings tied behind my back, they’ll think twice. Sorry! Venting again. I am apparently very vicious when starving. Anyways, I guess I’ll go scavenge the alleys for some food again. Once again, wish me luck diary.
Love,
(a very hangry) Wind Chyme (age 7)

P.S.: Dad said I can bring my boxing duffel with me for show-and-tell next week. That’s cool.