• Published 4th Jun 2018
  • 781 Views, 364 Comments

Silent: Windy Chyme's Story - Phoenix Heart 27



Somehow, a little filly can't always speak her mind. Sometimes, she just has to remain....silent

  • ...
2
 364
 781

Entry #013

Dear Diary,

Today was such a crazy day! For starters, it's Hearts and Hooves Day. The most insane day of the year it appears. I really don’t get it! Maybe it’s because I’ve never really been interested in...well…”grown-up” love? Maybe I’m still sore over last year when some dumb colt thought it’d be so funny as to give me a dirt pie as a gift (to note: I was completely grossed out by that). An act, that ended up with him having a concussion and me being suspended for 2 days. Anyways, that was last year and now...well...today was odd in that I not only got cards and candy from colts and other fillies, but I also got one “special” card from a filly from another class. That part creeped me out a bit, but I nevertheless accepted it (however uneasy I was). Don’t get me wrong! I’m sure she’s a nice filly, it’s just that...well it felt a bit awkward for me. Of course I gave out cards and I brought some store-bought candy from the market to school to pass out like everypony else. However, Stormy gave a colt in our class a whole cake! Plus a really nice card. They took it back to the front office til the end of the day (Stormy told me this by the way). So that was school.

Lightning said he had a surprise for “his two favorite fillies” (that obviously being myself and Stormy). You know what he did? He managed to sneak the three of us into a ‘PG-13' movie! Complete with popcorn and snacks! We saw “Justice Herd pt.2”. It was...honestly somehow slightly better than pt. 1. Afterwards we had to go home and Stormy bailed on us as soon as she saw the time (because she was late, I swear I’ve never seen that filly fly so fast ever). So it was just me and Lightning. Thank Faust he only lives 2 blocks from my apartment building. So he walked me home. When I got to the stoop however, that’s when something I didn't expect to happen happened. He told me goodnight and then...he kissed me! Okay so it was a small kiss on the cheek (like something I’d give my [hopelessly confused] grandmare), but it still counted! By Celestia’s Sunrays, I still can’t believe that! However, I think it was just a friendly thing (oh how I hope to be wrong someday).

Anyways, when I got home, that’s when the strangeness continued. For one, my dad was home. Now I should note that I haven't seen him since New Year's Day--which was about a month ago (okay now that is the longest he’s ever left me here alone). Not only that, but the apartment was cleaned spotless, we actually had food in the fridge (which I haven’t seen our fridge full in waaaayyy too long) and dad actually looked happy. Now that last thing, that immediately tipped me off as to there's something wrong here. Well turns out, he had “company” over himself and he wanted to make a good impression on her. Now it’s truly none of my business as to what he was planning, but I went along with it. I mean, she seemed “nice” I guess. Honestly diary, the entire evening was crazy awkward! After dinner, dad insisted we spend some time together, so we ended up going to the gym with “her” tagging along. Let’s just say...I don’t regret knocking my dad out for a full minute. In fact, I actually felt relief when he was unconscious!

Okay so that was what happened when I got home and the gym. I’m currently in the process of repairing an old toy that I was gonna donate. However, think I’m gonna take a break from that til’ morning as well as stop writing because my hoof is starting to hurt.
Love,
Wind Chyme (age 8 and ½)

P.S.: Tomorrow’s Bubby’s birthday! I gotta make sure his present is all wrapped up!