• Published 18th Sep 2018
  • 1,372 Views, 11 Comments

The Nobody Next Door - Glitzy Glow



Sticks and Stones can break your bones, but words can do much more, especially when they never stop...

  • ...
0
 11
 1,372

Come Clean or let it be

Twilight sighed as she dropped onto her bed. She had managed to get through the rest of her classes without much trouble from the other students, although she did have some extra homework. After a short break, Twilight sat up and looked around her. Her bedroom wasn’t large, but it wasn’t exactly small either. It had everything that Twilight needed. Her computer, desk, pencil box, beanbag, alarm clock, and dark purple comforter on her bed with a large, pink six-pointed star with five smaller white stars in the center. The roof was painted dark blue, and had white dot representing distant stars in the solar system, along with comets and planets. Purple curtains covered the windows, and graphs, notes, and awards that she had won over the years were pinned to a small wooden bulletin board on the wall.

But the most important thing in the room was the large bookshelf. It contained lots of books, obviously, but also many worn out journals that contained notes from different classes and results from experiments that she had conducted. One journal, however, was not kept on a shelf. It was one that Twilight kept with her at all times and paid careful attention too. People might think that this was because it was some sort of diary, but it was much more than that. It was more of a secret keeper. This book had information from “observations” that Twilight had made about the other students of CHS. Information that a lot of the students would want to know, but didn’t. For this reason, the book was always with her. If someone else knew what was in the book, then she would be in trouble.

Twilight sighed again, then dragged her backpack with her towards her desk and sat down. She pulled out her now smelly history notebook and looked at. She had managed to convince the janitor to get it out for her by telling him that it had all the answers to her homework, which wasn’t a lie, because it did. Mostly. It took him a while, but in the end, he was victorious. Twilight opened up the books she needed one by one, and then got to work.

***

“Find me, I’m standing right here where you left me. Still shredded and bruised but I’m breathing. Be brave for me….”

Twilight looked up from her textbook and fished around in her backpack for her phone. A picture of Shining Armor filled the screen.

“Hello?” Twilight said.

“Hey Twilight. What are you up too?”

“Nothing interesting,” she said.

“How was school?” Shining Armor asked.

“Fine, I guess. Same as it usually is.”

“Are you sure? You sound kind of down.”

“It’s high school Shining Armor, I’m not exactly going to be ecstatic about it,” Twilight replied.

Shining Armor laughed. “Ok, well I’ll be home in little while. See you soon.”

“Yeah, see you,” Twilight replied before hanging up the phone.

***

About 45 minutes later, Shining Armor walked into Twilight's room.

“Hi Twilight. What are you up to?”

Twilight looked at the pile of text books on her desk and sighed. “Homework,” she replied.

“This late?” Shining Armor asked. “You always finish your homework in like 2 hours.”

Twilight looked out her window. It was getting pretty late. The sun was setting, but with the bright light streaming through her window, she hadn’t noticed.

“Well, I never said that I was doing my homework,” she conceded.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Shining Armor said.

Twilight sighed. “It means that someone at school didn’t feel like doing their homework, but they need to have it done if they want a C average,” Twilight explained. “Anything lower and they get kicked out of whatever team or club their in. So, they decided, ‘Hey, let’s make Twilight do our homework because she totally has no plans or life whatsoever after school and doesn’t deserve any free time after school.’” Twilight finished, anger slightly growing visible in her voice.

“What were your plans?” Shining Armor asked curiously.

Twilight stared blankly at her brother before replying. “Oh, well actually I didn’t have any,” Twilight admitted. “But that’s not the point. They didn’t know that. The point is that even if I had plans I wouldn’t have gotten to do them because I’m stuck doing someone else’s homework!”

“Oh-kay. Have you told the principal?” Shining Armor asked.

Twilight looked at him like he was crazy. “Are you kidding? You’re kidding right?” Twilight asked. Shining Armor shook his head. “If I tell the principal then things at school will be even worse for me than they already are!”

Now it was Shining’s turn to look at Twilight. “What do you mean by worse?” he asked.

Twilight realized her mistake. “Did I say worse? I meant thing will just get, err, difficult between me and the other students. Nothing will get worse because everything is perfectly fine and I get along perfectly with the other students and nobody hates me because we’re all just best friends and you totally don’t have to worry about anything!” Twilight said quickly, adding a large smile at the end. “The homework is just a little favor for someone,” she said more quietly.

Shining Armor raised an eyebrow at her. “Well, you still shouldn’t be doing someone else’s homework Twilight, even if it is a favor,” he said.

“Yeah, no kidding,” Twilight grumbled under her breath.

“The best thing that can be done is to work with them after school, like a study-buddy or something. I think that I can arrange-”

“NO!” Twilight interrupted. Shining Armor looked at her strangely. “I, mean, you really shouldn’t. It’s perfectly fine. I really don’t mind. It’s not like I really had anything else to do anyway,”

“Well ok then. Are you sure?” Shining Armor said.

Twilight nodded her head. “I like studying.”

“That you do. Ok then. Pizza for dinner?” Shining Armor asked.

“Yes please!” Twilight replied.

Shining Armor nodded and then left the room. Twilight breathed a sigh of relief. She had almost broken her rule and let her problems slip. She made a mental note to be more careful of her words and anger next time, then sighed and got back to work.

Author's Note:

The song for Twilight's ringtone is called Strangers, by Scratch21. I recently watched this video and now the song has been stuck in my head for 2 days. :ajbemused:

Scratch21 - Strangers [PMV Animation] - YouTube

YouTube‎ · ‎Mr KupKake

Next time on The Nobody Next Door:

“Wait, don’t tell me.” the boy said, putting his hand on his chin in concentration. “Sunlight? No. Starlight? No, that’s not it. Hmm…” he studied the girl in front of him. Something about her was familiar, but he didn’t know what.

“It’s-” Twilight tried again.
“I got it! Twisight!” he exclaimed, obviously proud of himself.

Twilight shook her head. “Not exactly.”

The boys face fell. “Well then what is your name?”

Please leave comments! Hope your enjoying the story!! I know this chapter wasn't much, but I hope you liked it anyway!! Please Leave comments!!!!
:twilightsmile::pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

Also, special thanks to my editor, TheMysteryMuffin:derpytongue2:

Comments ( 3 )

:ajbemused:Twilight, Sugarcube, yah need to talk tah Shinin'. Keepin' this all bottled up is gonna destroy you and devastate him

Thanks, AJ.

Reads the Author's Notes: ....:facehoof:Flash, you stupid... well I did ask for him to step to the plate.
Let's see what happens.

9222428
LOL glad your enjoying the story:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment