• Published 5th Jun 2018
  • 7,279 Views, 212 Comments

Sirens of the Night - The Crazed Werewolf

  • ...
7
 212
 7,279

Saturday Morning Hijinks

It was the first Saturday since the three Dazzlings had moved in with Vice-Principal Luna. With the exception of Luna, everyone in the house was still asleep. Luna sighed as she quietly sipped at her morning coffee. The morning sun was just beginning to peek in through the windows.

The morning quiet was broken by a blood curdling scream the originated from the bedroom that was inhabited by Adagio.

Luna ran up the stairs to find the other residents of the house crowded around the door. Pushing her way through she found Adagio standing on a chair in the corner and the cause of her anguish looking at her from the bed.

"What is that thing," Adagio cried.

"Tiberius, that's where you've been hiding," Luna said looking at her pet Opossum, "you need to apologize to Adagio."

The opossum looked at Line questionably before turning to Adagio and chittering excitedly at her.

"You have a pet rat," Adagio stated, it was easy to see that she was both afraid and disgusted by animal.

"He isn't a rat," Luna explained "he is an opossum, there is a big difference."

"Just keep him away from me," Adagio responded. Sonata walked into Adagio's room and scooped Tiberius into her arms.

"He is so precious," she cooed as she rubbed his belly. Tiberius smiled and released a soft sigh.

"I'm going back to bed," Raven said from the doorway as she stomped back towards Luna's room.

Luna sighed, so much for peace and quiet. when she returned to the kitchen she found Aria pouring herself a cup of coffee. Aria gestured towards Luna's cup as if to ask if the older woman wanted a refill. Luna nodded. There was a sudden burst of laughter from the living room. Luna found Sonata lying on the floor watching cartoons. Tiberius was curled up on top of her.

"So, do you girls have any plans for today," Luna asked aria as she reentered the kitchen.

"Sonata and Pinkie are going to go see a movie," Aria answered, "and Adagio mentioned something about meeting Twilight and some other girls from her school at the park."

"What about you," Luna asked, "any plans?"

"Not really, I was just going sit on the porch and read," Aria answered.

"Ok, I'll be in the basement if you need anything," Luna said.

"Oh no," Sonata cried suddenly.

"What's wrong Sonata," Luna asked.

"I don't have anything to wear on my date with Pinkie," Sonata said.

"I think we can find something for you to wear," Luna said, "wait, what did you say?"

"I have a date with Pinkie Pie," Sonata said, "is that a problem?"

"Not at all," Luna said, as she gestured towards the stairs where Raven was standing, "but I thought you two were just friends."

"They are," Aria sighed, "but we noticed that there is a lot more going on between them that they don't seem aware of, so Rainbow suggested that they go on a date."

"Oh," Luna said, "I'm still not following, but have fun."

Adagio pushed her way past Raven and grabbed a cup and poured herself some coffee.

"Need coffee," Adagio said, "must have coffee,"

"She is worse than you Lu," Raven laughed as she gave Luna a peck on the cheek.

"What are your plans," Luna asked.

"I have to go home and put the finishing touches on that paperwork you asked for," Raven answered.

"Sonata! Get that rat away from me," Adagio hissed angrily. Luna looked over at the eldest sister and saw that Sonata had poured herself a bowl of cereal and that Tiberius was on the table between Adagio and Sonata.

"Awe, Dagi, he likes you," Sonata said, " and he is an Opossum, not a a rat!"

"Tiberius off the table," Luna said, "and leave Adagio alone!"

Tiberius looked at Luna, the he jumped off the table before chittering an apology and running up the stairs.

"Stay out of my room," Adagio called as she chased Tiberius up the stairs.

"How did you end up with a pet opossum anyways?" Aria asked.

"I found him abandoned by his mother when he was just a Jack," Luna answered.

"I thought his name was Tiberius," Sonata said with a mouthful of cereal.

"Baby opossums are called Joeys like baby kangaroos, the males are called Jacks and the girls are called Jills. Opossums are also the only marsupial found in North America."

"Its Saturday," Raven laughed, "and you are still teaching."

"Sorry," Luna said.

The rest of the morning passed quietly. Raven, Adagio, and Sonata all left the house, and Luna eventually retired to the basement. Aria took a position on the front porch swing with a book and a tall glass of iced tea. She completely lost herself into the book and wasn't sure how much time had passed.

"Ahem," a voice said. Aria blinked. Looking up she found a woman who looked to be Luna's age. She had two-time gray hair that was up in a bun and she wore glasses, a large overcoat and was carrying two suitcases, Aria would have called her "homely".

"Yes," Aria said, "may I help you?"

"I know that this is where my friend Luna lives," the mystery woman said, "who are you?"

"I'm Aria Blaze," Aria answered, "I live here."

"Impossible, Luna doesn't have any kids," the woman said as she walked past Aria into the house.

"Miss Luna," Aria called as she followed the woman inside, "we have a visitor!"

Luna's head appeared from around the corner. Her eyes lit up when she saw her visitor.

"Luna," the woman said, "it's great to see you, but who is this?"

"Oh knock it off," Luna said, "Aria, say hello to an old friend mine, the world knows her as A.K. Yearling, but I know her by a different name."

Aria watched as the woman undid the bun in her hair, and took offer glasses. Next she removed her overcoat, revealing that she was wearing an OD green polo shirt and khaki shorts. She was also quite athletic looking. Finally she opened one of her suitcases and took a white pith helmet out and placed it on her head.

"Sweet Celestia," Aria exclaimed, "you're Daring Do!"

Author's Note:

People asked about Tiberius, and I honestly had forgotten about him. I wanted to work him in and I thought that this worked.

This chapter was fun to write. I hope you all enjoyed reading it. I haven't forgotten the events of the previous chapter, all will be revealed in time, but all the pieces are not in place yet.

And come on, you knew that Daring Do was going to show up at some point.