• Published 5th Jun 2018
  • 7,279 Views, 212 Comments

Sirens of the Night - The Crazed Werewolf

  • ...
7
 212
 7,279

Harmony and Hand Grenades Part Two

"So are you," Pinkie exclaimed excitedly, "no wait, you're a unicorn!"

Sunset reached up and felt her horn with her hoof.

"That was fun," Sonata said

"Ow, my head, is that how it feels when I punch someone," Aria said, "where are we?"

Sunset looked out to sea and watched as the sun set and a familiar looking moon began to rise.

"We're in Equestria," Sunset said.

"What," Sonata cried, "tomorrow is Taco Tuesday, I want tacos!"

Adagio was to busy looking around to listen to the others. The first thing she noticed was that she was no longer human. She had hooves and fins. Most importantly to her was the red jewel embedded in her throat.

"WE'RE HOME," Adagio cried out excitedly.

"Discord what are you up to," Sunset said.

"I just gave the Dazzlings a chance to reconcile with their mother," a disembodied voice said, "that's all."

"Where are you," Sunset asked furiously.

"You know as well as i," Discord said, "that at this point in Equestrian history I am a pigeon roost in the Royal Gardens."

Aria looked at Sunset.

"What does he mean by this point in Equestrian history," she asked.

Sunset sighed, then she looked at her four friends.

"In my time, you three are a nearly forgotten legend," Sunset sighed, "your mother died nine hundred years before I was born."

"How is that possible," Aria asked.

"My only theory is Starswirl used some sort of time displacement spell on you," Sunset said. She looked around and felt like she was forgetting something. Then it dawned on her.

"This is the night your mother died," Sunset said in a near whisper. Adagio's head snapped around at Sunset's statement.

"How do you know that," Adagio asked, the bright red glow of her jewel matching the anger in her eyes.

"According to the chronicler Blueberry the Bard," Sunset said, "Queen Harmony was killed by three Seaponies and two ponies."

She pointed to the three sirens and the Pinkie and herself to prove her point.

Adagio was about to speak when they all heard a mournful song coming from the sea.

"Oh, she cries for her lost daughters," Discord said in Sunset's head.

"Pinkie, we need to hide," Sunset said, "NOW!"

"Why do we need to hide you silly filly," Pinkie said, "I want to meet Nata's mommy!"

"No you don't," Aria and Sunset said simultaneously.

"Queen Harmony really hates ponies," Sunset said, "on a genocidal level."

"But I'm not a pony," Pinkie said as she looked at her hooves, "ohhhhhhh."

Sunset and Aria found a large log that had washed up onto shore, and Sunset pushed Pinkie behind it before joining her.

"My, my, my, isn't this a surprise," a new voice said, "my wayward daughters have returned to me? Tell me, where have you been keeping yourselves?"

"Mother," Adagio started to say.

"DON'T 'MOTHER' ME," Harmony screamed before returning to a softer tone, "I gave you three one simple mission, rid Equestria of Ponies. Instead you vanish for a century."

You'll never defeat Equestria, Sunset thought, you psychopath! I need to warn the Princess!

Ah, Ah, Discord replied, you know the rules of time travel, no interference. And before you ask, I'm not interfering, i am helping time continue it's natural course.

Sunset gasped. A little to loudly. When she looked up she found herself staring directly into Queen Harmony's lavender eyes.

"It is all so clear to me now," Harmony said sweetly as her eyes darted between Sunset and Pinkie, "Discord was right all along. You three abandoned me for the Ponies."

"We didn't abandon you," Adagio cried, "we were-!"

"YOU ABANDONED US," Aria screamed, "YOU ABANDONED US THE MOMENT YOU MADE US INTO YOUR PERFECT WEAPON!"

"You always were the fiery one," Harmony said softly, "you would have made a perfect queen."

Adagio looked at her mother and then at her sister. She knew that she was angry, but she didn't know who she was angrier at, her mother, Aria, or Sunset. I deserve to be queen, she thought.

Aria felt her anger rising as well, and she did the first thing that came to mind, she lashed out and slapped her mother with her tail.

"So is that your plan," Harmony said, "kill me, steal my crown and rule together? Now you DIE!"

Queen Harmony's own jewel began to glow a bright purple that slowly turned crimson. Her eyes also changed colors to match. With a deep breath she unleashed a note that knocked the three Dazzlings, Sunset and Pinkie to the ground, and shattered the log like glass. Sunset looked at the three Dazzlings. They had taken the brunt of the blast and weren't moving. She wouldn't allow her friends to be hurt. She jumped up and felt her horn ignite.

"Stay away from them," Sunset said defiantly.

"And what are you going to do about it my little pony," Harmony said mockingly.

<TING!>

Sunset watched as a small green cylinder the size of a soda can went flying through the air and exploded in the air above the Queen. Sunset tackled Pinkie to the ground.

<POP!>

Confetti rained down.

"Pinkie, why did you have a grenade," Sunset asked.

"For hand grenade emergencies," Pinkie said, "besides it was only confetti."

"Thhhbt! That is it," Harmony said as she angrily spit out confetti, "I am done playing with you ponies!"

Her jewel began to glow again. Sunset knew that she and Pinkie wouldn't survive getting a full blast from the Queen so she tried to conjure a shield spell. She winced as Queen Harmony opened her mouth to unleash her deadly song.

Queen Harmony went flying as she was hit broadside by a musical blast from Sonata.

"DON'T. HURT. MY. GIRLFRIEND," Sonata screamed as she unleashed another note.

The Queen focused her attention away from Sunset and Pinkie and turned back to her daughters.

"So you three aren't dead yet," Harmony said, "you have sealed your fate Sonata."

Harmony unleashed a blast of her own focused solely on the furious Dazzling.

"SONATA," four voices screamed at once as Sonata's limp form went flying and bounced along the water's edge.

"You killed her," Aria said quietly, "you killed the only thing that was pure in our lives."

Adagio stood up and stood before her mother.

"You don't deserve that crown," Adagio said, "if it means my own death, I will see that crown removed from your brow!"

Aria stood next to her sister and they were soon joined by both Sunset and Pinkie. Both Sunset and Pinkie began to glow. Booth of their names grew longer, Pinkie's mane and tail had rainbow highlights running through it, but the most amazing thing was Sunset's horn, it grew longer. As one the four of them unleashed the magic of friendship upon Queen Harmony. In her final moments Harmony realized what her actions had wrought.

"My daughters," she said as she faded away to nothing, "I give you one last parting gift."

The four friends found themselves alone on the beach. They immediately ran over to Sonata.

"Sonata," Pinkie cried, "speak to me!"

"COUGH! Did we- COUGH- win," Sonata asked weakly, "why can't I feel anything? I want to go to sleep now."

"Shhh don't say anything," Pinkie whispered, "we'll get you help."

"Nata," Adagio said, as Aria cried into her older sister's shoulder.

Sunset felt a magic surge run through her.

You have the power you need my lost student, Sunset heard Celestia say in her mind.

"Stand back," Sunset told her friends as she focused on Sonata's injuries. Her horn began to glow as she enveloped Sonata in a magical aura. Soon the aura engulfed the five of them.

"So relaxing," Pinkie said.

"Hahaha- Stop that tickles," Sonata said as she stood up.

<POP!>

The five girls found them selves standing back in Luna's kitchen.

"Sonata," Pinkie said as she jumped into her girlfriend's arms and started planting kisses all over Sonata's face.

"What did she mean by one last parting gift," Aria wondered aloud.

"OMYGOODNESS," Adagio exclaimed, she was standing by the kitchen counter. She was holding up a small red pendant on a black silk choker. Two more sat on the counter.

I'll be back, Sunset heard Discord laugh.

Author's Note:

This ends the Queen Harmony arc.

I always appreciate comments and feedback.