• Published 5th Jun 2018
  • 7,278 Views, 212 Comments

Sirens of the Night - The Crazed Werewolf

  • ...
7
 212
 7,278

Luna! You've Got Some Explaining To Do

Luna sighed. Adagio was holding up the three envelopes that Raven had brought by earlier in the day.

I should have put those in my room, Luna thought to herself.

"Do you think that you can just take us off the street and swoop in to replace our mother," Adagio demanded.

"Adagio, I'm not trying to replace your mother," Luna said, "all that those envelopes contain are birth certificates, social security cards and they other paperwork that you and your sisters will need as you get older."

Adagio reached into one of the envelopes and pulled out one form.

"It says here that you are named our legal guardian." Adagio replied.

"You need an adult to watch after you." Luna said, "this world can be a cruel place especially for a child."

"I. AM. NOT. A. CHILD," Adagio said through clenched teeth.

"And you aren't an adult yet either," Luna countered.

Adagio glowered at Luna. Luna stared back as a silent battle of willpower played out between them. Adagio turned and stormed up to the room that she had claimed as her own.

Luna sighed again as she picked up the envelopes and carried them to her room. I really screwed things up this time.

As she walked past she didn't notice that the doors to both Asia's and Sonata's rooms were slightly ajar.

*****

Luna found herself walking along a moonlit beach. She noticed that the Moon was.... Wrong! The silhouette of a unicorn was visible on it's crater scarred surface.

"Where am i," Luna said aloud.

"You're in Equestria my dear," a voice snarled from behind. Luna turned and found herself looking at a large black and gold seahorses wearing an obsidian crown.

"You are the creature that wants to steal my daughters from me," the seahorse said.

"Your daughters," Luna asked confused, the realization dawned on her, "you're Soprano Harmony!"

"THAT IS QUEEN HARMONY OR YOUR MAJESTY TO YOU," Soprano screamed.

"I'm not trying to take your daughters away from you," Luna tried to explain, "I'm only trying to give them the opportunity to succeed."

"LIAR," Soprano screamed, "you are just like those foolish ponies who think that they can take what is mine. Not that it will matter much longer."

Luna noticed that the tide suddenly began to rise and she found herself being washed out to sea. She tried desperately to keep her head above water, but found it to be impossible in the sudden maelstrom. Luna took one final breath before she felt herself get sucked beneath the waves.

Luna sat up. She found herself in her own bed, the morning sun shining through her windows. She went to brush her hair out of her face. Her hand came back wet. Luna stared at her hand. It was only a dream wasn't it?

After getting dressed Luna made her way downstairs. She found Aria and Sonata watching T.V. in the living room. Aria got up and made Luna a cup of coffee when she saw the older woman.

"You look like hell," Aria commented, "rough night?"

"You have no idea," Luna replied, "where is Adagio?"

"She left this morning," Sonata said, "Aria and I heard you two fighting last night."

"You heard that," Luna asked.

"You two weren't exactly quiet," Aria said.

"And now Adagio has left," Luna said, I really screwed things up this time.

"She left her stuff," Sonata said, "she'll be back, she just needs to blow off some steam."

"So," Luna said as she sat down on the couch with her legs tucked beneath her, "you two heard our discussion last night."

"Yeah," Aria said, "we realize that you aren't our mother. And a we appreciate what you are trying to do for us."

"Why would you go through so much trouble for us," Sonata asked, "after everything we did?"

"Sure, you girls screwed up," Luna explained, "but you are teenagers, your are bound to screw things up, it's human nature."

"But we aren't human," Sonata said, "we're Sirens."

"Back in Equestria you may be Sirens," Luna countered.

"But we aren't in Equestria," Aria said, "are we."

None of them heard the from door open and noticed Adagio enter the house. She heard their conversation and decided to stay just out of sight around the corner.

"No, and I realize that you three are most likely lost and feel alone," Luna said, "you three will always have a place to stay here."

"For realsies," Sonata asked.

She is lying, Adagio thought, she will abandon us the first chance she get when she realizes how different we really are.

"For realsies," Luna laughed, "Could you tell me about your mother, if you don't mind my asking."


Aria and Sonata looked at each for a moment before answering.

"What do you want to know," Aria said finally.

"What was she like?" Luna asked.

"She could be the most loving and caring mother in Equestria," Aria said, "but her mood could change in an instant. Once during a singing lesson, Adagio was having trouble hitting a particularly high note, and our mother got so mad that she summoned a flurry of hurricanes that ravaged the Equestrian coast for weeks."

"When we were little," Sonata said, "she took us on a picnic in Horseshoe Bay, we spent the day with her, playing and frolicking in the waves."

Sonata felt a tear fall down her cheek at the memory.

We had such happy times when we we were younger, Adagio thought, what happened to you mom that caused you to change?

Do you really want to know, a voice said in the back of Adagio's mind. Adagio was startled by the thought. The voice had sounded just like her mothers!

Does she have the power to bring us home, Adagio wondered, is she even looking for us?

Adagio felt something brush up against her leg. Looking down she saw that Tiberius had left Sonata and had found her. Adagio bent over and picked up the plump opossum and held him in her arms.

"Your experience with your mother has shaped the three of you into the strong young women that you are today, and I wouldn't want to take that away from you," Luna said, "but that said, the three of you are still vulnerable and lost, I want to help you if you'll let me."

Adagio rounded the corner carrying Tiberius in her arms. She tried to hide her tears. She looked at her sisters and then at Luna.

"Okay, we'll try it your way," Adagio said, "but I am not calling you mom."

Author's Note:

This chapter has been the most difficult one that I have ever written. I hope that everyone enjoys it and has enjoyed the story so far.

I have been giving some thought to the events of Anon-A-Miss, i have ideas for a story arc in this story that concerns them. But first we need to find out what Discord has planned.

As always I appreciate feedback and comments.