• Published 8th May 2018
  • 1,943 Views, 12 Comments

Unexpecting Rainbow - Sky Slicer



After a freak accident with experimental magic, Rainbow Dash finds herself pregnant with no idea how to handle the situation. With her dreams of joining the Wonderbolts on the line, she begins to panic, like any reasonable pony would do.

  • ...
2
 12
 1,943

Chapter 3: Ponyville Hospital

Twilight and Rainbow Dash trotted toward Ponyville Hospital. Twilight has been curiously eyeing Rainbow Dash’s girth for a while. She swears she could see the surface of Rainbow’s belly move whenever Rainbow stopped and grunted, but she couldn’t be sure. Rainbow looks back at Twilight who quickly averts her gaze.

“It’s been a strange day today, huh?” Twilight says to quickly change the awkward moment.

“Duh, ya think?!” Rainbow says annoyed starting Twilight at her sudden rudeness. “Sorry, I’m just not feeling myself. UGH! I need to fly!”

Rainbow Dash flaps her wings and awkwardly wobbles through the air. She zips back and forth above Twilight. She still can move fast, that’s for sure.

“Mayyyybe you should relax on the daredevil flight maneuvers until we find out what’s wrong with you,” Twilight says nervously.

Rainbow Dash joins up next to Twilight again and hovers in the air next to her, “I guess you’re right Twilight.”

A bump pushes out from Rainbow Dash’s side. Twilight looking over to the side doesn’t notice. Rainbow Dash twitches from the odd sensation.

“Ohh~” Rainbow moans while rubbing her side with one hoof.

“What’s wrong?!” Twilight asks concerned.

“Uhh...uhm...nothing I guess. Cramp or something. Don’t worry about it! Is Angel and Fluttershy okay?” Rainbow says showing concern while also changing the subject.

“Oh. Yes! We can go see them after you’ve got a checkup,” Twilight says smiling.

“I’d like that,” Rainbow says with a smile back.


Dash and Twilight arrive at the hospital. A white cross with hearts at every corner adorns the building. They walk in through the main entrance and up to the counter. Twilight handles checking Rainbow in for an emergency check-up. Rainbow looks around nervously, blushing all the while. She hates being seen like this.

“Can we hurry this up?!” Rainbow Dash says worried and impatient.

“It’ll just be a few more minutes Rainbow,” Twilight assures, smiling back at her. The pen glowing the same color as her horn as she fills out the forms.

Dash looks around the room. No ponies are staring at her, which is a major relief. However, she does notice a pony being carted by who looks similar to her current state.

The doctor yelling, “This mare is having her foal now, we have to get her to the delivery room immediately!”

The nurse replied, “Of course, doctor.”

“Ohhh~” the pregnant mare moans, clutching her belly with both hooves.

Dash stares amazed at the sight. She idly rubs her own belly with one hoof for a moment before realizing what she’s doing. She blushes.

“It...can’t be.” She mumbles.

“The doctor’s ready to take a look at you,” Twilight says putting a hoof on Rainbow’s shoulder, startling her out of her daze.

“Oh yeah....cool.” Rainbow trots off down the hallway with Twilight and a nurse.


The two ponies enter the doctor’s examination room, the nurse heading off down the hallway after showing them the room. The doctor is a unicorn evident from his checklist floating in front of him. He looks up to see Rainbow and Twilight and ushers them to sit down next to him.

“Hell, I’m Doctor Sound. What brings you in today Ms. Rainbow Dash?” the doctor asks while reading the name off the clipboard.

Rainbow flops unto her butt letting her belly rest between her hind legs, “Uhh, this thing?” Pointing a hoof at her belly.

“Is there something wrong with your foal?” the doctor asks flatly.

Rainbow Dash gets horrified look on her face and goes silent turning her head away. A few awkward seconds pass by. Twilight looks at Dash and then the doctor.

Twilight interjecting, “You see...she’s not sure she’s...pregnant.”

“Oh come now. It’s quite clear she’s-” the doctor explains, before being cut off.

Twilight interrupts, “Well she wasn’t like this yesterday.”

“Like what? So quiet?” the doctor looks puzzled.

“She’s never been this quiet, but that’s not what I’m saying. She didn’t have that...large bulge in her midsection yesterday.” Twilight explains.

The doctor looks more confused, “That’s certainly odd, perhaps she’s swelling up. Maybe she’s retaining water...a lot of water.” He looks over Rainbow Dash puzzled.

“Perhaps,” Twilight adds.

“Let me examine her and see what I find,” the doctor asserts.

Doctor Sound gets his tools out and examines a reluctant Rainbow Dash’s eyes and mouth. Examining her abdomen with magical touches, and nods seeming sure of himself. He then asks Rainbow to get on a scale, which she complies with minor resistance. The scale tips over much heavier than Rainbow is used to. She blushes deeply again.

“I’m not normally this high...I mean I exercise.” Dash says trying to explain herself.

“No, no, that’s good for your...condition.” the Doctor says, looking Rainbow Dash directly in the eyes.

Rainbow looks away and huffs, “Why does everypony keep saying that! It’s freaking me out!”

The doctor looks at Twilight with a shrug, “I don’t know what to say. I feel like you two are pulling my leg.”

Twilight looks surprised for a second but asks, “Can you, just for the hay of it, see if she’s pregnant? She just wants to make sure, she’s paranoid that she might not be.”

Dash looks at Twilight with wide eyes, “What?!”

Twilight shakes her head at Rainbow. She just looks at the doctor and lets him look at her again. The doctor pulls out his stethoscope, and he can be seen rolling his eyes like this is a waste of time. He puts it on Rainbow Dash’s abdomen. He moves around listening for a second in a few different spots. He seems to find a good spot and takes the stethoscope off his head and then hands it to Twilight urging her to put it on. Twilight puts it in her ears and listens.

“Hear that, it’s a heartbeat, two heartbeats. There’s one separate from her own. Pregnant.” the doctor explains flatly, seemly annoyed at this point as there are other patients to tend to.

Twilight’s eyes widen, and she looks slowly at Rainbow Dash. Dash is shaking her head like she’s trying to tell herself ‘no’ more than Twilight. Twilight lifts the stethoscope off her eyes and nods at Dash before putting it into her ears.

“You need to hear this, I’m sorry Rainbow,” Twilight explains with some remorse.

*bum BUM bum BUM bum bum BUM bum BUM bum bum*

Rainbow Dash’s eyes tear up from the fear welling up inside her and the gravity of the situation. She lays down and covers her hooves over her head. She wants to scream, but she just can’t.

Dash panicking now, “This can’t be happening to me, my life is ruined. RUINED!”

Twilight looks down at her, she’s seen two of her friends break down into tears in the last 24 hours. She never thought she’d see either in such a pathetic state. It’s truly heartbreaking.

“What would cause a pony to get pregnant so quickly?” Twilight asks in total confusion, just as baffled as Rainbow had to be at this predicament.

“You two can’t be serious. Is this some kind of joke you two are trying to pull? If not I’d be seriously concerned for your sheer naivete.” the doctor says exasperated, clearly frustrated now.

“We are serious...there’s more to this than-” Twilight tries to explain.

“Tell your friend she’s due for delivery in the coming week or two. She should be prepared for her foal’s birth. Now I have ponies with real problems that need to be attended to. So would you both please leave. Contact your regular doctor for cases like this. Emergency room doctors are just that, for emergencies,” the doctor exclaims with frustration.

Twilight tries to continue, “But-”

It’s too late and the doctor shoos them out. Twilight drags the defeated Rainbow out by her tail, leaving her on the side of the hallway. She rushes to her friend’s side, looking concerned. Rainbow tries to look away from her gaze.

Twilight whispers, “Are you okay?” Rainbow Dash remains silent for several seconds. “I don’t know what to say Rainbow, I mean you had to suspect?”

Rainbow mumbles with tears streaming down her face, “I did...it’s different when you hear it put so clearly...with so much evidence so.”

Twilight tries to reassure her, still unsettled herself, “You have your friends Rainbow. I will help you through this. I’m sure the others will gladly help as well.”

Rainbow snaps, “I don’t want to talk about it, okay Twilight!”

Twilight ponders, “We still have to figure out how this happened to you though. Were you with a stallion? You can tell me, I won’t judge.”

Dash fumes, “NO! I WASN’T! UGH! Gross. Stallions.” Dash’s eyes widened realizing she’s said more than she wanted to, “Look! I said I don’t want to talk about it so let’s not talk about it!”

Twilight shyly asks, “You want to see Angel?”

“Sure,” Rainbow Dash responds.

Rainbow struggles and gets up on her hooves heavily and waddles down the hall with Twilight.


Twilight stops in front of Angel’s room. She ushers Rainbow to stay back.

“I’ll go in first, you just wait here a second. I’ll smooth things over.” Twilight explains.

Rainbow tilts her head then nods in agreement. Twilight enters the hospital room. Angel is still unconscious laying in his bed. Rarity and Fluttershy are in the room. Applejack must have gone back to work. Rarity is combing Fluttershy’s mane. Fluttershy is awake and clean now, back to looking like her old self.

Twilight walks in nervously, “Hi girls...”

Rarity looks over at Twilight with a smile, “Oh Twilight darling, you’re back!”

Fluttershy looks up contently, “Hi, Twilight. Thank you so much for everything! Angel and I will be forever grateful for what you have done.” She looks so happy and pleased knowing her pet child is okay.

Twilight blushed, “I didn’t do anything, it was all Rainbow.”

Fluttershy says sternly, “No don’t say it was both of you. You bandaged him up and gave Angel enough time!”

“Rainbow brought Angel here so quickly, we can all thank her for that,” Twilight nods.

Fluttershy interjects, “Also your magic is what brought Rainbow Dash to us, she heard your spell being cast.”

“OF COURSE! The elements! The magic! That must be it!” Twilight bursts out in excitement as she typically does when her brain clicks together with a solution to a problem.

Rarity raises an eyebrow, “What are you talking about darling?”

Twilight blushes from her outburst, “Oh, uhm, we’ll have to discuss the details later.”

Fluttershy asks with concern in her voice, “Where is she? She stayed with us for a while, but I haven’t seen her since. She said she wasn’t feeling well and went home. I would have checked up on her, but Angel needs me here.” She puts a hoof on her bunny friend’s head.

Twilight urges Rarity and Fluttershy in closer, and with a whisper, “Something happened to her.”

Fluttershy in her normal voice, slightly louder than a whisper, “Oh no!”

“Oh dear, what happened?” Rarity whispers with genuine concern in her voice.

Twilight groans trying to figure out how to explain this, “It’s not...life threatening exactly. She just has an issue we’re not quite sure how to solve right now. And she’s sensitive about it so be careful what you say.”

Fluttershy unquestioningly answers, “I’ll be careful.”

Rarity looks at Twilight with confusion, “Well, what exactly is wrong?”

Fluttershy leaning in curiously as well.

Twilight looks down, then between both her friends with a sweat drop forming on her brow, “She’s kinda...sorta...with foal.”

A long silent ensues between the three ponies.

Rarity glares at Twilight, “She’s...expecting?” Twilight Nods. “Expecting a foal?” Twilight nods again. “You’re serious right now?”

“Yes!” Twilight exclaims, almost losing her whisper.

Fluttershy looks at Twilight, “How is that possible?”

“Magic,” Twilight responds.

“Oh come now Twilight, really.” Rarity whispers with disbelief and annoyance.

Twilight sighs, “I’m not kidding, it’s magic!”

Clopping of hooves on linoleum resonate, and the door opens a crack and Rainbow’s head pokes in. They all look at her.

“Can I come in yet?” She asks shyly, unusual for her.

Fluttershy whispers, “Oh, she’s here?!”

Twilight sighs, “Yes. Now she looks different, like pregnant different, please don’t make a big deal out of it.”

Fluttershy exclaims, “Got it!”

Rarity is not so sure, “...alright.”

Twilight raises her voice to a normal tone, “Okay you can come in Rainbow!”

Rainbow Dash sykes herself up. She’s the mare who saved this young bunny’s life. She can do this. Just pretend like nothing’s different and no one will care right? I mean it’s not that noticeable, right.?

Rainbow Dash bursts in strutting her stuff like she normally would in other circumstances. Her large tummy bobbing side to side slightly.

“Mare of the house coming through, make way!” Dash proclaims.

Rarity and Fluttershy’s mouths both drop. They both stare in shock. Rainbow Dash wasn’t just pregnant, she was pregnant. Like totally ready to deliver, pregnant. She was enormous.

“Make way indeed!” Rarity blurts out before realizing it.

Dash snaps, “And what is that supposed to mean?!”

Rarity frantically tries to correct herself, “Oh, heh heh, nothing nothing, here have a seat so you can rest.” Rarity gesturing to a bench next to Angel’s bed.

“I don’t need to sit,” Dash huffs.

Fluttershy has been staring at Rainbow the whole time. Rainbow turns to look at Fluttershy. She blushes when being caught staring.

“Your....looking cute today,” Fluttershy says smiling.

“Uh, yeah you look... Radiant my dear.” Rarity stumbles, faking a smile.

Rainbow Dash grumbles angrily, “I’m not cute! I’m not...what...radi- UGH! You girls are ruining my awesome entrance!”

Fluttershy grows quieter, “Oh we are? I’m sorry...”

“Need we forget how I HEROICALLY saved a young bunny’s life?” Rainbow proclaims proudly.

Fluttershy brightens up, “Oh no, I’d never forget that. Not ever.”

Rainbow clears her throat, “I searched high and low for Fluttershy’s cries for help. I heard a noise, and looking down I see a glow coming from Twilight’s tree. SHWOOM! I darted quickly to the rescue in Twilight’s home. Where I got hit by something...from Twilight’s horn...some kind of sp-”

Rainbow Dash’s expression goes from deep thought to shock. She stares blankly for a second before her expression turns to rage, and her head cocks toward Twilight.

You did this to me didn’t you...” Dash growls, anger seeping out of her voice.

Twilight looks terrified, her voice trembles, “I...might have...

Before she has time to think about what’s going on she has the wind knocked out of her. Rainbow Dash lunged with lightning speed and tackled her to ground. Her nose pressing against Twilight’s. Twilight feels like her organs are being crushed under Rainbow’s additional weight.

Rainbow booms, “So when exactly were you planning on telling me it was you who ruined my life.”

Twilight almost crying, “I just figured it out...I was going to tell you. It was a complete accident!”

“That’s what they always say, it was an ACCIDENT. But I’m the one whose futures at stake!” Rainbow fumes.

Twilight, trying to explain herself, “Fluttershy and I were just trying to use the power of our elements to infuse life force-”

“Fluttershy too?!” Rainbow looks over at Fluttershy with surprise.

Fluttershy draws circles in on the floor with her front hoof, “This is awkward...”

Twilight, trying to ignore the kick she felt from Dash’s belly, “The life force infusion worked, but it was infused inside of you Rainbow!”

Rainbow shifts her weight off Twilight and walks to the side. Twilight lets out a gasp for air and wiggles onto her side. Rainbow Dash looks back on them with anger and hurt.

“I’m out of here!” she huffs.

Dash walks up to one of the windows and opens it, she flaps into the air and tries to leave. She gets stuck when her belly mass wedges between the frame. She wriggles around until she can squeeze her girth through the window and proceeds to fly off into the distance.

Rarity stares, then turns to Twilight laying on the floor, “Anything else interesting you want to tell me?”

Author's Note:

This is the last chapter written in 2012, rewritten and edited in 2018.

Comments ( 8 )

Baboos for Rainbow. Keep up the good work

Jojoj you have a follower

I LOVE THIS SO MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rainbowkiss:

8917487
Aww that really makes my day! :pinkiehappy: I never posted it in 2012 because I thought no one would like it. :twilightblush:

I thought this was gonna be a cheesy fetish fic but I was DAMN WRONG. It's awesome and funny! Keep it up - can't wait for more!

I honestly cannot wait for more this is funny and Intriguing at the same time. I hope you continue

Loving it so far. Continue please. :pinkiehappy:

10673625
I could I coulllld. Been in a fanfic mood lately. Been reading Fallout Equestria lately. =p

Login or register to comment