• Published 7th May 2018
  • 10,906 Views, 345 Comments

Date-Your-Own-Dashie - CategoricalGrant



This Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story will give you the chance to fall in love with Rainbow Dash! The decisions (and the consequences) are your own!

  • ...
11
 345
 10,906

Chapter 40

“Well, it’s kind of a nice evening out,” you muse. “Why don’t you and I find a cloud to sit on, and just talk?”

Rainbow Dash’s ears immediately perk up and she fluffs her wings in joy. “Yeah! Let’s do that,” she answers, clearly more relaxed than before. “I love being in the sky, it’s just...so open, you know?”

You grin at her. “Of course I know.” You internally applaud yourself for having picked a spot where Rainbow Dash would feel comfortable, since whatever is coming clearly distresses her.

A few minutes of silent travel later and you plop down next to Rainbow Dash on a patch of stratus. You drift with her on the cloud silently for a moment. The valley is dark, and the only light visible at this hour comes either from the crescent moon above or the scattered, twinkling lights of villages and farms in the distance.

Rainbow Dash scoots over and sits right against you, leaning both her body and her head into you.

Your heart races as you wrap a hoof around her. She sighs, pushing against you harder and nuzzling your barrel.

“...I...wanted to say that I like you, a lot. And I want us to be together, as special someponies,” she admits emotionlessly. She looks up into your eyes. “What do you say?” A hopeful little smirk plays at her lips. “Y-you wanna go out with me for real?”

You look out over the dark, peaceful fields of Equestria and think.



To give an unqualified ‘Yes’, proceed to Chapter 41.
To tell Rainbow Dash that you like her too, but think you should take things slow together, proceed to Chapter 42.