• Published 25th Apr 2018
  • 958 Views, 16 Comments

Sun's Equestria Girls Adventure: Legend of Everfree - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sun and her friends are going to Camp Everfree for the week, but strange things begin to happen.

  • ...
 16
 958

Chapter 5: Crazy Magic Alert

Back at the camp, sun is looking for Falling Star and Twilight. She can't seem to find either one of them. Just then, she sees Nina the wold cat walking towards her. Sun kneels down and pet her cat.

Sun says, "Hey Nina."

"Hey Sun, have you seen Spike around?" Nina asks.

"I think he's in the tent. I need you and Spike's help with something," Sun replies.

"Sure," Nina answers.

Sun and Nina walk into the tent to see Spike sleeping.

"So many squirrels…" Spike mutters in his sleep.

Sun giggles to see Spike sleeping.

Sun calmly moves him, and ask, "Spike?"

Spike screams, and land on his stomach,

"Ah! Oh. Aw, man! I was having the best dream." Spike says rubbing his eyes.

Just then, he becomes eager as he says, "Wait. That dream could be a reality!"

Spike jumps off of bed and decides to chase squirrels for real.

Before Spike can leave, Sun asks in concern, "Before you run off to chase squirrels, do you have any idea where Twilight and Falling Star could be? I really need to talk to her."

"What happened? Did she do that lifting things off the ground thing again?" Spike asks.

"And what happened with Falling Star?" Nina asks.

"That's just it. I don't know if it was her. What's more, Falling Star experienced some strange magic too. But if it was, we need to deal with it head on," Sun explains.

"I can track them down," Spike says, agreeing to help.

Back in the woods, Twilight is deep in thought about what happened seeing Falling Star. She can understand how she feels. Then again, Twilight star to remember what Sun is saying, and decides to try harder to get control over her fears.

Twilight says to herself, "Maybe I should talk to Sun about what's going on and…"

Just then, she and Timber bump into each other, and screams after seeing each other. When they see who they are, thy stop and smile at each other.

"Oh, hi. What are you doing here?" Twilight asks, chuckle a bit and feeling a bit shy.

"Uh... Looking for you," Timber answers.

"Oh, I just went on a nature walk and got a little lost," Twilight replies, feeling a bit sheepish.

"Let me show you the way. I'm kind of an expert at these woods. I've lived here my whole life," Timber says.

The two then walk beside each other as they talk.

"That must have been nice. Growing up at a camp," Twilight replies with a smile.

"Yeah, though it has its downsides." Timber says, starting to feel a bit down.

Then he says, "When I was younger, I wished we'd sell this place so we could live in a town like normal people."

"Really?" Twilight asks with a smile.

"I was ten. I really wanted to hang out at the mall," Timber replies with a smile.

The two then start giggling with smile on their faces.

Timber walks to Twilight as he says, I've never told that to anyone. You must be special…"

The two then begin to blush a bit.

"And not just because you have tree branch in your hair," Timber adds, pulling a branch from Twilight's hair.

"Ugh. How long has that been in there?" Twilight asks, feeling a little embarrassed.

"Not long. Just the whole time we were talking," Timber answers with a smirk on his face

Surprised by this, she nudges Timber with a grin, and asks, "Well, why didn't you say something?"

As the two walk, Spike, Nina and Sun hear the whole time the two that are talking. They decide that it's best to wait a little since the two are getting to a relationship.

Sun whispers to Spike, "I guess we can help Twilight deal with the magic stuff a little later."

Just then, Nina's ears twitches as she says, "I think I heard something."

Nina runs off to see what the noise, Sun and Spike follow her. When the three reach the source of the sound, they are surprised to see Falling Star is sitting on the ground and crying. Worry for her friend, Sun decides to see what is the matter.

Sun sits next to Falling Star and asks, "Falling Star, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"I… I… I'm scared," Falling Star answers quietly.

She turns to Sun, with ears coming out, and says, "I'm afraid she'll come back, and I'll… suffer the pain all over again."

Sun can understand why Falling Star feels this way. When she's been exposed to magic, it really caused her pain and suffering. In a way, Falling Star has suffered more pain than Twilight, The Dazzling, and the pony version of Falling Star. Sun hugs Falling Star and help calm her down. Falling Star starts to feel much better with Sun around, but still afraid to relieve the suffering the magic gave her months ago.

Later on, some of the students, including the girls are doing rock climbing at the climbing wall. Principal Celestia and Vice Principal luna are supervising. Rarity is climbing while Applejack is holding the rope while Rarity is ready to climb.

"Rock climbing is all about perseverance and trust. Rarity, you can trust that Applejack will spot you," Principal Celestia says with a smile.

"Yeah, so you can totally go faster than you're going," Rainbow whines.

"Rainbow Dash!" Applejack scolds.

"Sorry. I've been waiting to do this since we got here," Rainbow replies, feeling impatient.

"Well, you have to wait a little longer, darling," Rarity says, as she continues to climb up the wall.

Rainbow is still not being patient about waiting her turn. She turns to see Twilight with Timber, and Aria coming to the wall.

"Hey Twilight, Aria, either one of you want to spot with me?" Rainbow asks.

"No thanks," Twilight answers.

"I'll spot for you. You want to climb first?" Aria answers.

"Great! I'll go get another harness," Rainbow says with excitement, and run to find some climbing rope and a harness.

Timber turns to Twilight, and says, "I better make sure my sister doesn't need anything. See you later?"

Timber begin to walks away as he look at Twilight. Twilight is looking at Timber the same way. Aria stares at the two while Adagio and Sonata walk by. They look to see that Twilight and Timber have the look in their eyes. When Timber is gone, The Dazzlings decide to talk to Twilight.

With a smirk on her face, Aria says, "So it's true you do like that Timber Spruce."

"Maybe a little," Twilight shyly replies.

"Come on Twilight. The way you two are at each other, you both got love written all over you," Adagio says.

"She's right. Twilight and Timber sitting in tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Sonata sings as she shows a smile on her face.

Twilight being to blush like a tomato.

Sun walks over holding Spike with Falling Star, and says, "Hey Twilight, I was looking for you?"

"Really?" Twilight asks.

"Yeah. I was worried about you. Both you and Falling Star," Sun says.

Just then, everyone begin to feel a large cushing and rolling noise, along with the ground is shaking. Luckily it last a few seconds and it finally stop. However, everyone are shocked to witnessed the event.

"Was that an earthquake?" Spike asks.

"We aren't near any fault lines," Twilight replies.

"Then what was it?" Falling Star asks.

Before The girls can answer hey hear, Bulk shouts, "Hey! Who left this crystaly dusty stuff here?!"

Everyone look to see more sparkling dust on the ground. People are talking among themselves and wonder if the ghost is real or not.

"Another trail of dust?" Falling Star questionably replies.

"Does that mean Gaea Everfree was here?" Sonata scaredly replies, and hugs Aria.

Aria glares at Sonata hugging her, and calmly asks, "Can you let me go, Sonata?"

"Oh right," Sonata sheepishly replies as she lets go of Aria.

On the rock climb, Rarity slips on one of the rocks and moves her her arms and legs around, afraid of falling. Then she manages to grab on to the rope with yelp.

Rarity cries out feeling scared, "I-I believe I'd like to come down now!"

Applejack hears Rarity and tries to help her get down but notice the harness is stuck.

Applejack struggles as she calls out, "Sorry, it's a little bit stuck."

Applejack tries her best to get the rop unstuck. Unaware, Applejack's hand being to glow and pull on the harness so hard that Rarity is fastly being pull to the air, making her scream in the process. Seeing her hands glow and shocked for the unexpected string, she accidently let go of the rop causing Rarity to fall.

Everyone gasps seeing Rarity fall. Aria runs over as her arms are in front ready to catch her. Just then, her hands turn into a light purple and a long silver strings of five pointed stars appear, and lasso Rarity on the waist. The star chain manage to hold Rarity in midair. Everyone gaps in shock o see it, especially Rarity. Aria is shocked to see that she manage to do that. Then the star chain lower Rarity down until she in Aria's arms. Then they disappear.

Aria looks at Rarity and asks, "Are you alright?"

"Oh Aria, you saved my life," Rarity says with a smile and give Aria a hug.

Principal Celestia comes over and asks with concern, "Is everything okay over there?"

"Uh, I don't know what happened. I didn't even pull the rope that hard. It's like she was light as a feather all of a sudden," Applejack explains.

"I was scared half to death!" Rarity screams sounding upset.

Arai puts Rarity back on her feet as she says, "I don't know what's stranger, Applejack's unexpected strength or me making a silver star chain."

"I have no idea," Applejack says.

She then walks to Rarity and says, "Let me help you get your harness out."

"No, thank you!" Rarity shouts and suddenly make a light blue diamond shield.

Applejack screams as he diamond is pushing her back. Everyone hear a splashing noise. Applejack comes out of the bushes and everyone can see she is soaked and wet. Applejack simply spit some water out of her mouth holding n annoyed look on her face.

"What in the world just happened?!" Principal Celestia asks in a shock.

Still shocked of what happened, Rarity says, "Oh, dear! I am so sorry! I think. Did I just do whatever that was?"

"Whatever it is, I think I like this new ability," Aria says as she look at her hands with glee.

Thn Sonata asks, "Can you do it again?"

"Let's wait on that," Sun suggests.

"If you say so," Aria agrees.

Then Falling Star says, "We should get some towels for Applejack."

"Agree," Twilight and Sun say.

Just then Gloriosa comes by, and happily asks, "Hi, girls! Anything I can do for you?"

"Applejack just fell into the lake!" Twilight panicky says.

"Oh, no! She's gonna need warm towels, dry clothes, oh, and a hot cocoa! I've got this!" Gloriosa says, and show her confidence.

Gloriosa walks away to find some towels.

Adagio walks over and says, "Sometimes I think that girl is trying to do more than what she can handle."

Just then, they hear a loud booming sound following by a familiar scream.

"Fluttershy?" The four girls surprisingly says with confused looks.

Sun, Falling Star, Adagio, and Twilight run over to the mess hall to see the place is covered in cookie batter.

"What happened?!" Sun asks in a panic.

"I don't know. We were just decorating cookies and…" Fluttershy nervously explains.

Then Pinkie happily shouts, "And I was all, "You need more sprinkles! And you need more sprinkles!"

"So, standard Pinkie Pie stuff," Sun calmly replies.

"I was just tossing sprinkles to Fluttershy, when all of a sudden they glowed pink and exploded!" Pinkie says, grabbing some sprinkles from the bottle.

Then toss it on the batter. The others see the sprinkles glow and exploded on the batter. They girls end up with cookie batter and sprinkles on them.

Pinkie shakes them off, and says, "Just like that, only earlier!"

"Congratulates Pinkie, you manage to get batter on my hair," Adagio glares at Pinkie, and holding some of her hair with batter on it.

Pinkie nervously giggles,and says, "My bad."

Sun comes over, and says, "Ooookay. Why don't you lay off touching stuff for a while?"

Oh, dear. We really should clean all of this up." Fluttershy says, seeing the mess.

Fluttershy goes to the shelf to see the paper towels are on the top. Fluttershy tries to reach it, but her hands can't reach it.

Struggling to reach it, Fluttershy asks, "Can someone help me out?"

Just then, a small orange bird flies over, and help Fluttershy get the roll down. It imply picks it up with its claws, fly a bit, and passes it to Fluttershy. Fluttershy catches it.

The bird lands on Fluttershy's finger as she says, "Thank you, Mr. Bird."

Then the bird chirps back to her.

Fluttershy smiles and says, Why, of course I can get you a little something to…

She then gasps and asks, "Did you just... talk?"

The bird then chipr back in reply.

"But I don't speak "chirp"? Fluttershy replies looking a bit confused.

The bird continues to talk in it' own language.

Fluttershy understand it, and says, "I don't know if you're the only bird I can understand."

The bird then begin to call out, which is making Fluttershy nervous.

"Oh, no! Please don't call for your friends," Fluttershy please.

Just then, Falling Star scaredly shout, "Look out!"

The girls move and duck out of the way to see more birds and a few owls flying to Fluttershy. Fluttershy ends up with birds and owls on her arms and the bird she is originally talking to on her head.

Fluttershy simply smiles and says, "It's nice to meet all of you, too."

"Were you just talking to the birds?" Sun asks, looking confused.

Fluttershy simply smiles, and answers, "Um, yes?"

Just then, they hear the door slamming and make fluttershy scream, making the bird fly away in the process. The girls turn to see Rarity, Aria, Sonata and Applejack walking in.

"Did you tell them what happened? So crazy! I hoisted Rarity up the rock climbin' wall like it was nothin'! Like I had way more strength than I usually do," Applejack asks as she explained to them what happened.

Then Aria says, "I somehow able to make a chain out of silver stars and was able to catch Rare before she fell to the ground."

"And I made a diamondy thing appear out of nowhere, which normally I'd be excited about. I mean, the facets were just perfect, and the…" Rarity adds, talking about how pretty the diamond are.

Then Applejack scolds, "Rarity!"

"Oh, sorry." Rarity apologizes,

Then shockley adds, "It knocked Applejack over and then it disappeared!"

"Speaking of disappearing, has anybody seen Rainbow Dash?" Applejack asks, realizing that one of their group of friends is missing.

Just then a fast rainbow stream comes out of nowhere, and bumps into the wal. The stream of Rainbow is Rainbow Dash, and hits the wall so hard, she falls to the ground.

Rainbow shouts, "Ow!"

Applejack shockley asks, "Whoa! How'd you do that?"

"I don't know. I started running to get the harness, and the next thing I knew, I was practically back in town!" Rainbow explains,

"But if you had some sort of super speed, why you were gone for so long?" Rarity asks.

"Because I lost it when I got far away. And then it came back when I got close to camp," Rainbow answers.

Pinkie gasps and happily shouts, "Being at camp is giving us all new magical abilities!"

Then Adagio says, "Not everyone, Sonata, Sun, and I are the only ones who didn't."

"Yeah. Twilight was able to levitate things while Falling Star makes shining stars appear," Santa happily says.

"Really," Rarity asks.

"Yeah. It was so weird, and kind of scary," Falling Star worriedly replies.

"What's more, we don't even know how it happen," Twilight adds.

Sun scratches her chin and says, "Hmm, something very strange is going on here."

Applejack sighs and says, "So much for my theory that leavin' CHS would mean leavin' any new magic business behind."

"Something at the camp must be making this happen," Twilight says.

Fluttershy worried it suggests, "Um, Gaea Everfree?"

Then Sun says, "We better clean this mess up before Gloriosa sees this."

The girls nod their heads agreeing to the idea. Sun, Rarity and Fluttershy grab the paper towels, Rainbow, Twilight, and Falling Star grab some mops. Applejack, Aria, and Pinkie grab the broom. Finally Sonata and Adagio are filling the bucket with water. But when Sonata turn on the water, her hands begin to glow aqua blue and water begin to make a long line and travel the room. Adagio hurries and turn the water off, but the water that is still out remain. When Sonata hands stop glowing, the water fall to the floor.

Next Adagio, hits her foot at the table after she slips. Then makes a high c sound from her mouth. The sound creates a sonic wave that causes the light bulbs to break and the glasses fall to the ground.

The girls look around to see a big mess has been made.

Aria groans and says, "Gloriosa is so going to kill us for this."

Just the, the door opens and Fluttershy lets out a frightful screams. The think it's Gaea Everfree, but It's Gloriosa with towels and Applejack's hat.

Gloriosa happily says, "Applejack! I was looking for you!"

"Here, I brought you some towels and dry clothes," Gloriosa cheerfully says, giving Applejack the towels and put on her hat.

She looks to see the mess, and questionably asks, "Uh, what happened in here?"

"We're kinda trying to figure that out," Sun answers.

Gloriosa simply smiles and says, "Well, don't worry about it. I got this!"

"Why not leave the mess to us," Adagio says.

She then firmly stare at Pinkie and Sonata as she says, "After all, it was kind of our friends' fault."

Before Gloriosa can reply, Sandalwood barges in and says, "Gloriosa, I kicked my beanbag into the lake!"

Gloriosa eyes twitch for a second, but shows a happy face, and says, "I'll get you another one!"

"And I'm all out of arrows!" Derpy adds, showing the broken arrows.

Then Gloriosa happily says, "Say no more! New arrows coming right up!"

Timber comes in to see Gloriosa and says, "There you are!"

Tiber whispers to Gloriosa, "Filthy Rich is back. Do you want me to handle it?"

"Absolutely not!" Gloriosa sternly hushes.

Then she happily says, "I've got this!"

Hearing it makes Timber displeased about it. As Gloriosa leaves, she touches Sun by the air, and Sun suddenly hear a loud scream.

Sun groans and says, "Fluttershy, enough with the screaming!"

"I didn't scream," Fluttershy replies.

"For once," Rainbow bluntly say.

Then Rarity says, "Nobody did."

"Huh?" Sun questionably replies, scratching her head.

Just then, the speaker comes on and Principal Celestia announces, "Attention, campers! Anyone who's interested in making floating paper lanterns, please meet us by the picnic tables.

"I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I've been lookin' forward to comin' here for months. Maybe we forget about this "new magic" for a bit and just try to focus on enjoyin' our time at camp?" Applejack suggests.

"I was oh, so excited about designs I've come up with for the camp fashion show," Rarity happily adds.

"And I've barely gotten to whoop anybody in tetherball," Rainbow adds.

"I don't know, I really like to figure this out," Sun says.

"I'm with Sun on this one. This is an unusual kind of magic we're dealing with. And some of the magic is what my sisters did have when we were sirens," Adagio replies.

Then Arai says, "All of us are looking forward to have some fun, but I don't think this is something we should avoid."

"I think I know. Tomorrow while we work on the dock we can discuss it. I need some time to think. Also… I think I'm starting to gain this magic too," Sun says.

"How you know that?" Twilight asks.

"Well, twice already when I come in physical contact with Gloriosa she sounds upset. Like when I touch her I can hear what she's really thinking. And… I think something is really bothering her, especially with how she and Timber are showing so much tension towards each other," Sun explains.

"But could that be?" Sonata asks.

"That's something we need to find out," Sun answers.

Sun and the others nod their heads agreeing to pull off the magic trouble till tomorrow. Twilight do feel a little easy now, but she turns to see Falling Star with a worried look on her face, and shows tears coming from her eyes. Twilight is starting to feel bad or her, and on how she's worried about her magic problem even though Falling Star went through worse than she does.

Author's Note:

Magic is getting out of control. Can Sun and the others figure it out?