• Published 25th Apr 2018
  • 958 Views, 16 Comments

Sun's Equestria Girls Adventure: Legend of Everfree - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sun and her friends are going to Camp Everfree for the week, but strange things begin to happen.

  • ...
 16
 958

Chapter 6: Finally Working with Magic

Later in the evening, all the students are making their paper lanterns. Since there are a lot of them, Sun and her friends divided each other at separate tables close to each other. Six on one and five on the other. All of them are making their original paper lantern that represent their personality.

Rarity looks to see Pinkie putting marshmallows on her lantern

Rarity asks with a confused look, "Um, Pinkie Pie, what are you doing?"

"Putting marshmallows in my lantern. Then when we light them, mine will be beautiful and delicious!" Pinkie answers. Then puts a marshmallow in her mouth.

"Pinkie, I don't think the lantern is going to get off the ground," Adagio says, arching her right eyebrow.

"I think it looks fun, and tasty," Sonata happily replies, licking her lips with her tongue.

Adagio rolls her eyes, and continue to work on her lantern.

At the other table next to them, Sun, Twilight, Falling Star, Aria, and Rainbow are working on their lanterns. They are making their look amazing.

"Making the lantern is pretty interesting, and kind of fun," Sun says as she paints her.

"I know," Rainbow agrees.

Twilight is finishing her lanterns, but looks to see Falling Star is working very slowly on hers.

Twilight asks in concern, "Falling Star, are you okay?"

"Yeah. You're working on your lantern slowly," Rainbow adds.

Falling Star sighs, and mutters, "I don't want to talk about it."

Sun can see that Falling Star is so bothered by the magic problem, and it's really getting to her.

Just then, they hear Gloriosa announces, "Okay, everyone! It's time to watch your lanterns fly!"

Hearing that it's time to let go of the lanterns, everyone make their way towards the dock that is still in construction. As Twilight walks to the docks, she sees Timber.

Timber happily says, "Hey, cool lantern! Mine's my face!"

He then shows that the lantern has his face on it. Twilight giggles in reply. She then looks at Falling Star with her lanterns and showing a very sad expression on her face.

Twilight sighs, and walks past Timber without a second thought.

Timber walks with Twilight and asks in concern, "You okay? You don't look like yourself tonight?"

"Just… worried about a friend," Twilight sadly answers.y

Twilight simply walks past Timber, leaving him with a concerned look on her face. Principal Celestia, Discord, and Vice Principal Luna help the students light up the lanterns. All of the students are on the docks waiting for the signal to let their lanterns fly.

"Ready? And... go!" Gloriosa happily shouts.

Hearing the signal, all the students let go of their lanterns and see them all fly up in the air together. Well, all except Pinkie's lantern. When she let her go, it falls to the ground, and everyone sees it too.

"Aw!" Pinkie says in disappointment.

"Told ya, it won't get off the ground with so much marshmallows," Adagio bluntly says with a firm look on her face.

But Pinkie doesn't mind, and happily says, "Oh, well! Now I get to eat it!"

Pinkie then get a marshmallow from her lantern and start eating it.

With marshmallow in her mouth, Pinkie says, "Yep, beautiful and delicious."

The Dazzlings start giggling as they see Pinkie eating her lantern. The rest of the students watch their lanterns fly into the sunset. It surely is a beautiful sight.

Later in the night, Sun and Trixie are sound asleep.

Just then, Sun hears someone calmly shouting as she uses her arm to move her, "Sun!"

"Sun!" The voices says a little louder, moving Sun's shoulder.

Sun slowly opens up as she gets up from her bed, and saying, "Wha-what? Twilight?"

"Sun… I'm so glad you're up," Twilight worriedly replies.

"What is it?" Sun tiredly asks as she lays down.

"It's Falling Star… she's gone," Twilight answers looking very worried.

Sun shots out of bed, and exclaims, "Gone?! What do you mean gone?!"

"I woke up because I heard a strange noise and see that she's not in her bed," Twilight explains.

"Where could she…" Sun is about to ask.

Then she realizes where Falling Star could have gone, and says, "She must be trying to get home."

"Why?" Spike asks.

Nina comes over and says, "I think I know what Sun is going at. Remember how you were worried about Midnight Sparkle?"

"Yes?" Twilight questionably replies.

"I think Falling Star is taking hers even worse. I remember her crying, and look afraid about the magic she suddenly have," Sun sadly answers.

"I'm starting to worry the same thing. I'm starting to worry Midnight Sparkle is coming back," Twilight worriedly replies.

Sun sighs, and says, "Look Twilight, I understand you were still a bit uneasy about the magic taking over you in the past, but it's all over now. The proof of it is when you were able to help me and the others save Falling Star."

"Easy for you to say. You never had to deal being turned into a monster," Twilight says, feeling against it.

"True. But I end up letting my emotions and magic get the better of me and caused a big mess. If you wanted to talk about it, you could have told me and The Dazzlings. We could help you," Sun calmly replies.

Twilight feels a bit at eased after what Sun says.

She puts on a small smile, and says, "You're right."

"Look, Falling Star is taking this a lot harder than any of us so there is something we could do… we could try and find her," Sun worriedly replies.

Twilight nods her head, and says, "Right."

After hurrying to get dressed, Sun is able to rush out with her clothes on and rush with Twilight to find Falling Star who might be somewhere in the woods. Sun and Twilight look deep in the woods to find her. When they find her, they can see her at the same clearing Sun and Twilight has seen her the first time. They can see her crying and having her legs and knees close to her. Sun and Twilight feels like their hearts are going to break seeing her like this.

Sun calmly walks over to Falling Star, and calmly asks, "Falling Star?"

Falling Star looks up who has tears coming out and her eyes are red, and is surprised to see Sun here.

"Sun, wh-what are you doing here?" Falling Star asks in tears.

Looking for you. Twilight told you you run off," Sun answers.

Falling Star simply looks down on her knees, and says, "I don't want to talk about it."

Sun touches by her head as she says, "Falling Star, is there something…"

But before she can answer, Sun's eyes glow white and for some strange reasons seeing some visions on her head. She sees her looking at Pinkie asking if it was a spring, but Falling Star believes it's her. She also sees a couple of times Falling Star is way from the others showing a sad look. The last one, shows her at the clearing in the night.

In tears, Falling Star says, "I… I can't go through it again! I just can't! If I turned to Mistress Star… I'll end up suffering more, and hurt my friends."

Sun then lets go of Falling Star's hand, and realizes that she discovers her new magic.

"I… Falling Star, I had no idea you've been feeling this way. I didn't realized you were so afraid of what happened with Mistress Star," Sun says.

Falling Star looks up at Sun with a shocked look, and yet calmly asks, "How did you know?"

Sun realizes what has happened and says, "I have a magical ability too. It's like I can tell how people feel and what goes on in their memories."

"Oh no! Not you too!" Falling Star shockley replies.

Sun sighs and says, "Falling Star, I understand that you're first experience with magic wasn't good, but magic it's not really good or bad."

"Easy for you to say. When I saw you and the others become, you were so amazing," Falling Star says.

"True, but when I first used magic, it was too much for me and I end up getting unconscious. I understand about having trouble with magic you have trouble controlling or understanding," Sun says.

Twilight comes over, and says, "So did I. I let magic turned me into a monster and regret what I have done. The Dazzlings went through the same pain and suffering you and I have. So we understand the trouble you're going through."

"But we can't figure anything out if you try to run away. The only way we're going to figure out the magic mystery is going to take all of us," Sun says with a reassuring smile.

Falling Star looks at the two and can remember the things they have to deal with.

Falling Star sighs and says, "You're right, trying to had the magic didn't solve anything. We need to find out what's happening, but how are we going to do that?"

"Don't worry, I'm sure we'll think of something," Sun says with a calm smile.

Just then, Sun hears a piece of wood snap in the branch.

Sun quickly asks, "What was that?!"

"I don't know, but it sounds close," Falling Star worriedly replies.

Just then, the three girls sees an axe appear, and the three scream in fear like in a horror film. The person holding the axe is Timber and screams when the girls scream.

He stops to see Twilight and the others, and questionably says, "Wait. Twilight?"

The girls calm down to see Timber.

"Timber? I'm so glad it's just you!" Twilight says in relief.

She then realizes something, and asks, "Wait, what are you doing out here?"

"With an axe?" Sun adds with a firm look on her face.

"I was chopping down firewood," Timber answers, dragging a wagon full of wood.

"In the middle of the night?" Falling Star questionably replies.

"We needed more for tomorrow night's campfire. And if I didn't take care of it tonight, it would be one more thing Gloriosa would add to her list," Timber answers, and from the sound of it, Sun can tell that he's a bit bugged.

He then mimic his sister, saying, "I've got this!"

"What about you three? Why are you hanging out in the woods in the middle of the night?" Timber asks, looking a bit confused.

Falling Star sighs and admits, "It's kind of my fault, I felt that I need some time alone to clear a few things in my head, and Twilight and Sun were looking for me when they notice I was gone."

"Yeah," Sun and Twilight replies.

"Gosh, I'm sorry you have a lot on your mind. You shouldn't go in the woods at night, but…" Timber says sounding a little concern.

He then smile and says, "But it seems you have good friends go care enough to find you."

"Yeah. I do," Falling Star shyly replies.

Then Twilight happily says, "We sure do. And we can both thank Sun for that,"

Sun blushes a bit to hear Twilight's statement.

"I'll bet. From what I heard from everyone here, she seems to be the most helpful and great person to have as a friend," Timber agrees.

Then he says, "Come on. I'll walk you guys back. I'll protect you from…"

"Gaea Everfree! Everfree! Everfree!" Timber spookily adds making is arms look scary.

"Lame," Falling Star mutters.

Sun chuckles, and says, "Come on. That's obviously just a spooky story you made up to tell around the campfire."

"Oh, no. It's legit. How else would you explain what happened at the docks? And that weird thing where the earth shook?" Timber disagrees.

He and Twilight walks together as he says, "Come on. I know a shortcut back to the tents."

The two begin to walk back to the camp. As Sun and the others begin to follow, Sun looks to see the sparkling dust on the ground. She looks at the dust to see the trail leads to a small bag Timber has in his back pocket, and the sparkling dust is falling out. Then has seen something shocking

Sun narrows her eyes, and says, "Legit, huh? I think we just found our "Gaea Everfree""

"But why would he work so hard to make us think she was real?" Spike asks.

"I don't know, but Timber and Gloriosa are hiding something," Sun answers.

"Why you say that?" Falling Star asks.

"Well, ever since we got here, Gloriosa and Timber have a lot of tension about the camp gift and other stuff. Gloriosa has been working hard to make sure we have the best time at camp. I heard Timber saying that we wanted his family to sell the camp when he's young," Timber explains.

"Really?" Falling Star shockley asks.

"Yeah. What's interesting is that he only told Twilight is," Sun says with a smirk on his face.

Falling Star giggle hearing that. She remembers how Twilight blush at Timber when he starts laying his eyes on her.

Then Sun continues, "There's also Filthy Rich. Every time he's here or been mention, Gloriosa gets upset about it. Lets not forget about our strange magic abilities and the boating accident and the sudden earthquake."

"You think the magic and the strange event are connected? And it's possible that Gloriosa and Timber may know about it?" Spike asks.

"I think so, but we'll wait till tomorrow. After we finish with the docks, I'm going to talk to one of them about what is going on," Sun answers.

Sun and the others continue walking down the path back to camp with the two lovers in front of them. Sun is thinking on either talking to Gloriosa or Timber. Either way, she deserve an explanation from one of their counselors.

The next day, the others are trying to fix the docks after yesterday's boating accident. Rarity and Adagio are sewing clothes while everyone else are fixing the docks. Rainbow is carrying the wood, and is trying to be careful of not walking so face. She doesn't want another trouble with this speed.

Seeing she is not away from the woods, she sighs with relief, "Phew!"

She looks to see Rarity sitting on the chair and sternly asks, "Uh, you gonna give us a hand here, Rarity?"

"Oh, I'd love to, but I really need to get the stitching on this poncho done if it's going to make it into the camp fashion show," Rarity explains, while sewing.

"Hu huh," Rainbow bluntly replies.

"And what's your excuse Adagio?" Aria asks.

Adagio huffs, and continues to sew as she says, "I'm trying to help Rarity with the closes. But at the pace these two are moving, I don't know that the runway will ever be finished."

"The dock is our gift to the camp, and it's gonna get finished. That isIf Rainbow Dash would hurry up and bring me more wood," Applejack says with annoyed expression on her face.

"Oh, I can't go any faster! I don't want to end up in the woods again," Rainbow responds upsetly.

"Don't be silly," Applejack disagrees.

"Really?" Rainbow complains as she makes an imitation of the slow hammering which is what Applejack is doing.

Applejack sighs in defeat and says, "I know I said we should try to forget all about this new magic business, but I can't. What if I hammer the board into splinters?"

The others agree.

Then Sonata says, "Maybe that the problem we're having with this magic. We keep putting it off."

"Sonata's right. Mostly Sun is right. We shouldn't try to brush it aside. We should try to make the most of it," Adagio agrees.

Everyone nod their heads agreeing that they can't just avoid magic.

Applejack looks around and says in disappointment, "Aw, shoot! I'm all out of nails."

"Oh, here you go!" Pinkie says, holding the box of nails.

As Pinkie is about to throw it, everyone shouts in fear, "Pinkie, no!"

Pinkie throws the box of nails to Applejack. Applejack ducks, Rarity and Aria makes the diamonds and stars appear. Sonata and Adagio fall off of the docks, but ends up getting caught by the water rising up. Rainbow and Fluttershy fall on the dock.

"What?" Pinkie says looking confused.

"Ohhh, did you think the nails would explode like the sprinkles?" Pinkie asks with a smile.

Then she happily says, "Wow! Glad that didn't happen, huh?"

Sonata and Adagio is being lifted by the water and placed back on the docks. The two are still surprised to see Sonata is able to control water.

"Sorry, girls. I didn't mean to. I don't know how to control this," Rarity apologizes as she help Rainbow and Fluttershy out.

"It's okay," Rainbow says.

"Oh, none of us do." Fluttershy says with a calm smile.

"Which is why we shouldn't pretend this isn't happening," Sun says coming up to them.

Twilight, Falling Star, Spike, and Nina are with them too.

Then Rainbow asks, "Do you have them now, too?"

"It started last night. When I touch people, it's like I can feel what they're feeling and see their memories," Sun explains, still a bit amazed by her new power.

"Oooh, fancy! Try me, try me!" Pinkie shouts with glee.

Pinkie then grabs a hold of Sun's wrist and puts her hand on her forehead. Sun looks to see what is Pinkie's head, and… let's just say it's not something you'll see. Her mind is so colorful, and full of candy with arms, legs, and faces, along with party canona.

"La-la-la-la," Pinkie says.

Then happily says with glee, "Ooh, taffy!"

She grabs a taffy from one of the candy creatures and starts eating it.

When Sun is done. She looks stunned while Pinkie is showing a smile on her face.

Still stunned, Sun calmly says, "That explains so much."

"Yep," Pinkie happily replies.

They zooms back to the others.

Nina comes over and asks, "So what you saw in Pinkie's mind.

"You don't wanna know," Sun calmly replies.

She then explains to the others, "Girls, we can't just brush these powers aside because it doesn't seem like the ideal time to get them. What if it turns out that they could actually make things better?"

Sun:

So you have magic

And it's not that great

But when it found you

You know it was fate

And it might seem scary now

But it can be wonderful, too

So how about we embrace the magic

And make the magic part of you?

Inspired by Sun's singing and words, the girls decide to try to use their new magic for something great.

Sun:

You take a little dash of magic

And you let it ignite

Mix things up a little bit

And it might start to go right

Pinkie uses the sprinkles to make it glow, and exploid into tiny holes. Sonata uses some of the water to clean out the small burn marks on the wood. And now they're ready for Rainbow Dash to hammer them.

Sun:

In just five seconds flat

How the story has changed

Rainbow runs around at top speed building the bench while Pinkie and Sonata grab paint brushes to paint them. When they're done, the bench looks amazing. Then the three give each other a hi five

Sun:

All 'cause now you've embraced the magic

And it just got better in every way

Sun sees the fantastic work the girls are doing, and walk on the docks and feel the magic flowing through her.

Sun:

I say embrace the magic

No more holding back, just let it out

Suddenly Sun glows and she ends up transforming with her pony ears, tail, and wings.

Sun:

If you can take the magic

And learn a little more what it can do

Once the magic is part of you

Sun turns to see Twilight using her magic to put the lanterns on the posts while Falling Star is able to create stars, and help put a little light on them. She feels very proud of Twilight and Falling Star, but feels that Falling Star just need more confidence in herself.

Sun:

What's standing in your way

That you can't move today?

You've got the strength in you

To make your dreams come true

Flash and two of the boys are trying their hardest to get on of the poles up. Aria helps them by making her silver star chain to help them get the pole up. They Are shocked to see Applejack lifting up and putting it on the other side of the dock entrance without breaking a sweat.

Sun:

No need to shield yourself

From the magic that can help

Protect from any harm that might come

Rarity is painting one of the feeders until she sees Derpy is losing her balance on the boat. So she creates a diamond, and it catches her before falling into the water.

Sun:

So you have magic

And it's not that great

But when it found you

You know it was fate

So if you listen close

You might make a new friend

And together we can make it!

Sun sits on the log with Adagio and Fluttershy who are not sure how to see their new talents. Fluttershy hears a bird chirp, smiles, and offer the bird the flower line. The bird then hangs it over the Camp Everfree sign. Adagio find out that she can use her sining to make musical notes and use it to decorate the docks.

Sun:

I say embrace the magic

No more holding back, just let it out

If you can take the magic

And learn a little more what it can do

Sun walks on the docks as she continue to sing. The others has finished with their work and walk with Sun down the docks.

Sun:

Once the magic is part of you

Once the magic is part of you

Once the magic is part of you

Once the magic is part of you

The eleven friends look back at the docks to see that it's complete. They are very proud of their work.

Rainbow happily says, "Okay, that was pretty awesome."

"And look how much we accomplish," Sun says.

Everyone can agree that the docks is finally finish and it looks fantastic.

"I think it's beautiful," Twilight says.

"And it's amazing," Falling Star replies.

Then Rarity happily asks, "Please, please, please, can we do a runthrough for the fashion show on here right this minute?!"

"Thought you weren't finish with the stitching on your poncho yet," Applejack asks with a grin.

Rarity grab the poncho and puts the last stitching on it, and happily says, "I am now."

"Sounds good to me," Adagio says.

Sun walks down the docks as she says, "Well, I think it will be a good idea to talk about the strange things going on. There's something important I need to tell you. But first, I'm going to let Gloriosa and Timber know the great work we did."

Sun walk down the docks and back on ground to find Gloriosa and Timber so she can show them the fantastic work that's been done to the docks.

Author's Note:

Sounds like the issue with their magic is over, but still not in the clear.