• Published 25th Apr 2018
  • 958 Views, 16 Comments

Sun's Equestria Girls Adventure: Legend of Everfree - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sun and her friends are going to Camp Everfree for the week, but strange things begin to happen.

  • ...
 16
 958

Chapter 4: The Spirit of Gaea Everfree

Later in the night, the students are at the campfire roasting marshmallows and telling scary stories. Pinkie and Screwball have a large stick full of marshmallows that looks like a bouquet. Right now, they are listening to Rarity's spooky story, which isn't that scary.

"...And that's when she looked down and realized she was wearing purple socks with a burgundy dress!" Rarity narrates.

She screams and add, "Purple and burgundy, darlings! The same color family!"

Then screams at the end of the story. However, everyone else is no scared of Rarity's story, like, at all

"Uh... that was a terrifying story," Applejack says, feeling a bit unsure

"Yeah, I'm terrified she'll try to tell it again," Rainbow remarks.

"Aw man, that story is lame!" Sonata replies.

Aria groans with an annoyed look,and says, "Try pathetic."

"But you have to admit, purple and burgundy. That sound like it's a job for the fashion police," Adagio replies.

Everyone else are not saying single word about it while Rarity huffs and crosses her arms hearing the comments from some of her friends.

Vice Principal Luna calmly asks, "Anyone else have a spooky story?"

No one is raising their hands and no one has story in mind.

Just then, Timber raises his hand as he answers, "I have one."

Then he says in a creepy tone, "But I'm warning you, you might as well hug a friend now. That's how scary it is!"

Fluttershy and Spike begin to shake and whimper in fear

Fluttershy hugs Spike as she nervously says, "Oh, dear."

Snip and Snails hug each other chattering their teeth. Bulk hugs the both in fear as well and his teeth begin to chatter.

"It's time I told you about the legend of Gaea Everfree," Timber says.

Then everything flashes back to decades ago. There is smarties couple having cabin being built.

"Many years ago, my great-grandparents came to this forest. Seeing its beauty, they decided that it would be the perfect place for a camp." Timber narrates.

Later on, Timber great-grandparents along with other pioneers work on the camp.

Then Timber narrates, "But once they started building, strange things started to happen."

As Timber's great-grandfather rand other world, a strange green glow appear and vines begin to come out of the ground.

"One pitch black night, when the wind was howling, a tree branch crashed through the roof of their cabin!" Timber adds to the story.

The story leads to one black night when wind is blowing hard. Everything has happened like Timber says.

Then Timber says, "They screamed and ran outside, only to see the giant creature rising from the earth!"

The two previous owners of the camp run outside in fear to be confronted by a large creature.

"She had wild hair like the roots of a tree. Her mouth had jagged rock teeth and her eyes were pools of black tar. But her aura shimmered like diamonds. Anywhere she went, she left a trail of gem dust in her wake," Timber adds.

The creature confronting the couples is exactly like Timber describe her.

"Trembling, my great-grandparents asked who she was and what she wanted." Timber continues.

The two ask the creature.

Then Timber says, "In a deep and hollow voice, she told them that her name was Gaea Everfree… an ancient spirit who held domain over the forest, and that my great-grandparents were trespassing on her land."

As the creature explains she becomes enraged and her aura turns into a crimson red color.

"They begged her to let them stay and build their camp, to share this wonderful place with others." Timber adds.

The couple get on their knees and beg Gaea to let them stay and build the camp.

"Gaea Everfree finally agreed but warned them that they would not be able to keep it forever. Someday, she will return and reclaim the forest as her own," Timber adds to the ending of the story.

At the story, Gaea calms do n and agrees. Then she makes a stern look and disappears into the night.

After the scenes of the event. Timber is finish telling to what happens

Then Timber calmly says, "So if you see a trail of gem dust, you'll know that it is…"

"Gaea Everfree!" Timber shouts and making a scary look on his face.

Just then, strange green eyes appear behind Timber, and everyone ends ups screaming think it's Gaea Everfree.

Just then Gloriosa come out of the bushes as she says, "Hey, guys! Sorry, didn't mean to scare you!"

"Then why'd you come out of the bushes?" Sun asks

"I... took the scenic route, because the forest is beautiful at night," Gloriosa answers with a sheepish smile

Then she says, "But no one else should do it without a guide, kay?"

"All right, everybody, time to head to your tents," Gloriosa informs wilts a smile.

Everyone begin to get up from the log chair and make their way back to their tents

Snails goes up to Gloriosa and asks as he shows his tooth, "Oh, hey, Gloriosa. Do you have extra toothbrushes? I forgot mine."

Gloriosa smiles and says, "Sure do! I'll get one for you."

"I'm scared of the dark! Do you have flashlights?" Snip asks, shaking and holding Gloriosa by the arm.

"Of course! I got this!" Gloriosa replies with glee.

Gloriosa leaves the camp fire with the two young boys. Sun and the girls, along with the two pets are the only ones left.

Struggling in Fluttershy's arm, Spike asks, "Fluttershy?"

"Sorry, Spike. I guess that story got to me," Fluttershy apologizes, putting Spike down.

"Me too, that is one scary story," Falling Star scaredly replies, shuttering.

"Why? It can't be real," Applejack says, thinking that the spirit is a fake

Rainbow feeling unsure and nervously says, "I don't know. Gaea Everfree could be some creature that got booted from Equestria and ended up in this world."

"That's what happened with you three," Rainow adds, looking at The Dazzlings.

"Don't remind us," Adagio mutters, showing a stern look on her face.

"Yeah. I don't want to remember that Starswirl and his friends banished us," Aria agrees.

"Friends?" Sun questionably replies.

"That's another story for another time," Sonata replies with a grin on her face.

"Okay?" Sun questionably replies.

"Eh. Sounded more like something that Timber was makin' up just to scare us," Applejack replies, still not believing the story.

Her face switches to a concern look and says, "At least I hope it was. Last thing I want is to have camp ruined by some power-crazed magical creature."

"Oh, hear-hear. We've had to deal with more than our fair share of those. At the Fall Formal, a musical showcase, the Friendship Games, The Fund…" Rarity agrees, naming the previous magic events.

Rarity looks to see Twilight, Falling Star, and the Dalling are showing worried look on their faces.

Remember at happened, Rarity sheepishly says, "Well, I mean, you know, everything turned out alright, of course."

Then Twilight nervously says,"Mmm. I'm kinda tired. I'm gonna turn in."

Twilight then begin to leave back to her tent.

"I'll join you," Falling Star says as he begin to follow Twilight back to the tent.

When the two friends are gone, Sun is starting to get a little worried about them.

Sun calmly suggests, "Maybe lay off bringing up what happened at the Friendship Games and the Camp fundraiser? I think they're still pretty sensitive about it."

The girls nod their heads agreeing to the idea

Pinkie says with marshmallow on her mouth, "Our lips are sealed."

"Why? Falling Star I get since her's is recent, but why Twilight's still worried about it. She already embrace her magic? What is she afraid of" Aria asks, not fully understanding the problem.

"I think they still getting used to the fact that there's magic here, real magic," Sun answers.

Sun looks back and says, "I just wish there is a way I can help them."

The next day, Twilight and Falling Star are sleeping on the beds in their tents. Suddenly, Twilight being to toss and turn in her sleep. Twilight begins to dream in her head, more like a nightmare. Twilight is sitting on the log at the campfire, all alone and hearing strange noises in the woods.

Just then, Twilight hears a loud and familiar voice shouting, "Here I am!"

She turns around to see no one is there.

She then hears the voice saying, "Over here."

Twilight becomes scared and looks around. Just then, she turns around to see the fire is turning purple.

Midnight Sparkle appears, and evilly shouts, "I'm always here!"

"No!" Twilight screams and shot up sitting in her bed.

Falling Star hears Twilight screaming and shots up sitting in her bed with her eyes closed.

Falling Star rubs her eyes as she asks, "What happened?"

"Nothing. Sorry, Falling Star," Twilight replies rubbing her eyes.

Falling Star rubs her eyes and wakes up as she lets out a yawn. As she fully opens her eyes, she shows a stunned look on her face.

Falling Star nervously says, "Uh, Twilight, I think something happened."

Twilight looks to see that her bed, Spike's bed, Falling Star's bed, and everything else is b big lifted into the air. Twilight yelps in fear to see what is happening.

Falling Star scaredly asks, "What's going on?!"

Just then, Falling Star hands begin to glow a bright blue color. And then, her being to create stars on her hand, and they being told travel all over the room. Scared in fear, the two girls screams in horror.

Hearing the screaming, Sun, Adagio, Aria, and Sonata rush into the tent to see what is happening. All four of them are stunned to see all of this.

"Oh my god," Adagio calmly exclaims.

"What in Equestria is happening?" Aria adds in shock.

The next thing the girls see is all the furniture and small stuff falls back on the ground.

Spike groans with a sigh as he tiredly asks, "Is it time to get up already?"

Spike then falls back to sleep unaware of recent event.

Adagio comes over to the girls and asks, "What happened?"

"I don't know. We woke up to see that were floating into eh and like I did yesterday. Then Falling Star made stars coming out from her hands," Twilight scaredly explains.

"Really?" Sonata questionably replies.

She then smiles and says, "That's so cool."

"You won't think it's cool if you wee the one doing it," Falling Star bluntly replies

Then Sun calmly says, "Girls, we really have to talk about this."

"No, we don't!" Falling Star scaredly exclaims.

Sun and the Dazzlings look at each other with confused looks, and start to think that something is up.

Later in the day, the students are doing fun activities as some work on the docks. Derpy and Sandalwood are sailing in the boat, but stuck on the middle of the lake.

Sun, Twilight, Falling Star, and The Dazzlings are walking to the docks as think about what has opened earlier this morning.

Sonata asks, "So what do you think happened?"

"I have no idea. First Twilight started levitating thing. Then, Falling Star makes stars come out of her hands," Sun says

Then Falling Star sadly says, "I thought we weren't going to discuss it."

"No offense Falling Star, but we do need to talk about it," Aria replies.

Twilight sighs, and says, "I hate to admit, but they're right. Both you and I just got strange magical abilities."

"And it's possible that the rest of us might have it," Adagio replies.

Falling Star thinks about it and says, "I suppose so, but what is causing these strange powers. I didn't have them when I was Mistress Star."

"And I never levitate anything while I was Midnight Sparkle," Twilight adds.

Before Sun can say what she thinks, they hear a loud crashing noise and it's coming from the docks. They turn to see the boat has smashed into the docks, and part of it is broken.

Rainbow comes over and asks, "What happened?"

"We don't know," Twilight answers.

"We didn't see anything, so we don't know what happened," Sun replies.

Sun and the others run over to see Derpy and Sandalwood getting help after the boat they are on has crashed

Sun asks in concern, "Are you okay?"

Yeah. It was so weird. We were stuck in a middle of the lake with no wind, then all of a sudden, bam! The wind picked up, and we were pushed right into the dock."

Pinkie gasps, and screams, "You don't think it was the spirit, do you?!"

Falling Star sadly says to herself, "But what if it's not. What if it's me?"

Falling Star walks away to worried that it might be her.

Trixie has an idea, and calls out, "Spirit, show yourself! The Great and Powerful Trixie commands it!"

Pinkie makes a annoyed look and facepalm her head.

"I don't think that's going to work," Twilight replies.

"And why not?"Trixie sternly asks.

"First off, we don't know if the spirit is behind this. Second, even if she is real, I doubt she's going to simply answer when you call her," Sun answers.

Trixie scratches her chin as she says, "You have a point."

Just then, they hear Rarity scaredly screams, "What's that?!"

Everyone look at the water to see shimmering purple sparkle in the water. Lots are wondering if it's Gaea Everfree who is doing it.

On the docks, Sun and some of the others are look at the damage to the dock.

"Oh, man! All our hard work! Ruined!" Rainbow says in frustration.

"At least the fishies are eating well." Fluttershy replies with a smile, seeing the fishes eating the scraps of wood,

Then Sun says, "Let's salvage what we can out of the water. Maybe we can still fix this."

"We have to try! Camp Everfree needs a runway!" Rarity dramatically replies.

Then Applejack sternly says. "Dock."

"Dock. Yes. That's what I meant," Rarity calmly replies.

As Sun and the others fix the dock, Twilight looks to see Falling Star running into the woods. Falling Star continues to run deep in the woods, and find a clearing in the sun.

Falling Star:

It used to be so simple

It was a world I understood

I didn't know what I didn't know

And life seemed pretty good

Falling Star then sits on the log and looks at the reflection.

Falling Star:

But now the darkness rises

From somewhere deep inside of me

Falling Star looks at her reflection to see the her hair growing long with a dark blue aura. She looks at her hands to see they are normal

Falling Star:

Her power overtakes me

Can I keep this mistress from getting free?

Falling Star gets up and walks into the light of the clearing.

Falling Star:

If I can stay with the light

I know I'll be free

And I can start to be whole

I can start to be me

Falling Star then sits back on the log feeling scared of the darker self.

Falling Star:

But instead I am struggling

With all that I see

And these friends

Mustn't see the Mistress in me!

Falling Star looks at the reflection to see herself as Mistress Star. She hugs herself and closes her eyes on fear.

Falling Star:

The mistress in me!

Falling Star then slowly drags her hand on the water, making Mistress Star disappears, and looks at her original reflection. Falling Star then looks at the sky to see the sun with a sad look and tears coming down her face.

Falling Star:

They mustn't see the midnight in me…

Falling Star begins to cry as she puts her face on her knees with her arms crossed. What she doesn't know is that Twilight has been listening. Sadly, she can see that Falling Star is taking this more harder than she does, and understand to be in that kind of position

Twilight sadly says to herself, "Falling Star… I know how you feel."

Author's Note:

Change the song a little. Twilight can understand how Falling Star feels. How would Sun be able to help them.