• Published 2nd Jun 2018
  • 394 Views, 0 Comments

Talking - Masan



Twilight Starlight Spike talking.

  • ...
 0
 394

chapter 1

During the afternoon Twilight and her assistants were together doing their paperwork in the principal's office. Hours have passed, no one has spoken, silence filled the room until Twilight's number one assistant broke it.

“This is boring, why can’t we do something more exciting?” Spike said.

“Not much, but Spike You already went through a lot, one calm day isn't that bad,” Twilight spoke up.

“Like what?”

“Well... You almost died while saving the Crystal Empire, isn’t that exciting?”

“Yes and no, that was exciting for sure but that was a long time ago and it has nothing to do with doing this. And if you want to talk about exciting, you didn’t bring me along when you have adventures like less than a half of them.”

“Really? I swear I brought you along 70 percent of the time, did you count the crystal empire round 2?”

“No, because that time I was with Starlight, but you brought me along so... five out of twelve, still less than a half.”

“12!? I thought we have major adventures like 11 times, what did I miss?”

“OK. Let’s see, Nightmare Moon that time you didn’t bring me along.”

“You were asleep.”

“Discord, you didn’t bring me along.”

“I did!”

“I didn’t go to Canterlot, I didn’t get to see him defeated, I just stayed home cleaned up the place, I didn’t even go in the maze!”

“Fine.”

“Chrysalis you didn’t.”

“You were there!”

“I didn’t fight the changelings, I just stood there along with Shining Armor, listen to This Day Aria Reprise.”

“That still means I brought you along.”

Spike knew that he can’t win this argument so he moved on, Twilight won't let him off the hook. "So that makes it 6 out of 12 according to you."

“Sombra that time you did. Tree of Harmony you did. Tirek that time it’s Celestia's idea so I didn’t blame you.”

Twilight spoke up to defended her teacher.“Hey! She tried her best.”

“She failed. So continued, Starlight enslaved a town,” while he was speaking Twilight looked at Starlight, who was ready to say “None taken”.

“That time it’s the maps fault so let’s move on, but I’ll still count that as you didn’t bring me along, Twilight,” he said as Twilight rolled her eyes.

“Next is Starlight again, this time she destroyed the entire of Equestria seven-time. You did bring me to this all-star adventure so thank you.”

“You’re welcome?” said Twilight.

Starlight finally spoke after waiting for the ”no offense” that didn’t come because Spike forgot that she was there “I have been wondering what were other timelines looked like?”

Twilight surprised that she never know what she has caused after all this time.”Huh, I thought you already knew.”

Spike told her immediately. “The first one, there’s war between Equestria and King Sombra that ruled the Crystal Empire.”

“How was that my fault?”

“What!?” Spike and Twilight said in unison.

“What?” Starlight questioned them back.

“How could you said that?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah, Starlight you did go back in time and change the entire timeline and all of them are doomed, you have seen it yourself.”

“Ok, let’s see this from my perspective, I changed the timeline, Howwww? I interfered with Rainbowdash's race.”

“And because of that, you caused a war,” Spike finished a sentence for her.

“By that logic, you should be hated everyone in 1000 years ago for not loving Luna and made her became Nightmare Moon.”

“Well... Your intention wasn’t nice, they didn't know that it would change Luna. And for Luna, she thought that no one like her because no pony had shown her appreciation that she deserved, you do that because Sunburst moved away,” Spike argued back.

“First of all, I’m not argue that my intention wasn’t nice but I did that to get back on Twilight for ruining everything, and I didn't intend to doom Equestria. Luna became Nightmare Moon because ponies slept at night.”

“OK Starlight,” Twilight interrupted. “Luna became Nightmare Moon because bitterness in her’s heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness, not because other pony slept. Celestia even tried to talk her down, she didn’t succeed but...” Twilight then recalled about the flashback potion and the event that she saw, how The elder sister tried to reason with her and how the event really played out.

Luna, I will not fight you! You must lower the moon! It is your duty!

Starlight interrupted Twilight mid-sentence, Twilight kinda relieved that she didn’t have to defend Celestia from that, “so that means I didn’t cause the war, Sombra did, or his evilness did. Or you could blame Celestia for NOT won the war before you came by.”

“Starlight that is stupid,” Twilight said.

“She sent you to do something that risked crystal empire without told you anything except go there, bring friends, I know nothing, and you almost failed if not for the Spike the Brave and Glorious.”

“She trusted me. She believed in me. She knows that I won’t FAIL.”

“She didn’t have a backup plan. Proof? There’s war between Equestria and King Sombra.”

“She probably did her best without me, and the circumstances were different. It still doesn’t justify you changing the timelines.”

“Twilight, I didn’t try no make what I did ok, I just saying that I didn’t destroy the universes or the timelines.”

Twilight raised her eyebrow.

Starlight Glimmer: But thenImessed with one and nearly destroyed the universe, so...

“I’ve changed my mind.”

Silence then filled the room, everyone expected someone else to talk but no one made a move, Spike expected Starlight to continue with her question, Twilight saw no one speak for a minute so she took the opportunity to finish her works. Then Spike expectation was right and Twilights best working condition, silence, was gone.

“How were our friends in this timeline?”

“They weren’t fine.” Spike did the talking because Twilight didn't look up from her works.

“What!? Why? How? Did they die? Did they get brainwash too? Did they don’t get their cutie marks?”

“No, no, and no. Why do you think that didn’t get their cutie mark? Everypony always got one right?”

“I kinda hope that after I went through a lot to get back to you I at least accomplish something, just today I learn that it didn’t,” Starlight frown.

“Technically, I don’t know, we only met Applejack, she looked different, a lot different, she works at Apple factory in her uniform, it covered her flank so we didn’t saw her cutie mark. We assumed that she has the same one that she has anyway from the fact that we saw Pinkie and Fluttershy with their own cutie marks in the next timeline.”

“So the theory that pony has their cutie marks destined before they’re born was right, so I probably can take everypony cutie marks before they even got one. How was the next timeline like Spike?”

Twilight suddenly interrupted “Starlight, that didn’t prove that theory was right. It does prove that ponies have their cutie marks destine before they got one, It’s could be determined the exact moments they’re born. And I begged you please do not try to test your hypothesis.”

Starlight rolled her eyes. “S P I K E, How was the next timeline like?”

Twilight got worried that Starlight did not say yes to her request.

Spike then answer, “Changelings took over, ponies hide in the forest, Zecora is the leader of the last resistance force.”

“How did they trust you?”

“Huh?” Spike looked at Starlight curiously.

“What?”

Spike almost asked her ”How did you know that they didn’t trust us?” but he realized the answer himself I just said that it’s the last resistance, I told her Zocora is their leader, it means that we saw them herself or at least being told about their leader, their last hope, How did they trust us that is the right question to ask. Starlight has been through a lot of things in the past that we didn’t know, this kind of question is the one she would most likely to ask. “How did you trust someone else immediately, How did you put your hope of living to someone else you just met, how did you ...

“Spike did something dragonish,” Twilight answered, without even looking.

“And they painted us.” Spike snapped back after overthinking.

“I’m gonna need more context.”

Spike then said “Zecora showed up then she painted us with a thing that makes us glow because we are a time traveler and it proved we are not changelings”

“Huh, I didn’t know that.”

“Well, we never told you that.”

“I didn’t see you with the painted on when you came back and fight me.”

Others being in the room realized something they never notice.

“Huh? I never notice that before. Spike, you were on my back did you saw what happen?”

“I were trying to put the scroll back in the bag, I used my right hand too, so when I look in the bag I only see my right hand that didn't have any paint on it when I looked up again the paint was gone and Twilight was levitating me then we got back in Cloudsdale.”

“Time travel is weird,” Starlight burst out a statement that no one would argue. She moved on with the conversation, “anyway Celestia failed in this universe too, what next?”

“Nightmare Moon took over, Celestia got sent to the moon,” said Spike.

Starlight chuckled. "OK, she fought, she lost, she got sent to the moon, what next she got obliterated?”

“Well, next one is Tirek's so you could be right.”

“Spike!” Twilight shouted.

“What!? Next is discord discorded the world, Celestia got turn into a clown.”

“OK!” Twilight just annoyed how two of her assistants are now making fun of her mentor.”I get it, she has been pretty useless for a long time, she didn’t do any help or anything but she been ruling a country for over a thousand years give her a break ok?”

“Did you think I didn’t know that? She has been teaching you for longer than 10 years you are the way out she trying to get, she sent you to do the works she has to or can’t do, she makes you a princess to make her work a lot less (without told anything except you’re ready),” Starlight said.

“To be fair she did send me her princess 101 to me to make me a good princess, at first I didn’t do a lot of princess work and she still taught me, so her work didn’t get less”

“Right now you do a lot so her point still stands,” Spike said.

“Whose side are you on Spike?”

“I get why you got mad Twilight,” Starlight tried to calm her down. " We were disrespected your mentor, I’m sorry. I actually like her, she ruled a country for over 1000 years, I know she could make mistakes, even though it cames a lot from our time, but I still respect her a lot as a ruler.”

“Starlight, I so glad you understand” Twilight felt relieved that her ex-student finally understand her.

“Next timeline FlimFlam brothers took over,” Spike interrupted the moment.

“Who’s FlimFlam brothers?” Starlight questions the obvious. Somehow Spike and Twilight didn’t realize how much she has missed.

“How did you know what Celestia told me exactly before a trip to crystal empire but not FlimFlam brothers?” Twilight questions she back instead of answering her question.

“Huh, I guessed right, how amazing? Ha ha ha,” Starlight laugh nervously. Twilight stared at her.

Spike answered again. “They are business stallions, we saw them destroying the apple farm, the air was polluted, and all the tree that we saw were cut (even though we saw them pulled up the entire tree).”

“So this time Celestia failed as a ruler too,” Starlight didn’t look surprised.

“Starlight!” Twilight called her out.

“Oh, I just noticed something, Twilight-” Starlight ignore Twilight and turned to her "-why is that worse than the last one?”

“Huh?”

“When you said anything about the timeline you always say It’s worse than the last."

“Yeah, wanted to know too,” Spike asked with curiosity. “I understand the Chrysalis ones but FlimFlams, really? Are you afraid of technology or something? We saw the Tirek timeline before so how this be worse?”

With everyone looking at her, Twilight has no choice but to answer. “Fine, I’ll tell you. At first, my theory was it’s going to get worse, my hypothesizes were right until the Discords one but I kept quiet then I saw the FlimFlam ones after that I’m pretty sure that I was wrong. The reason I told you that is I thought it'll probably convince you that what you did was wrong, that you created the last universe, right now I know that my past mistake was for the right. Starlight, you are here with us you have changed, you-”

“OK, I get it but no, by that logic everything was for the right, so no,” Starlight finished Twilights sentence before it goes on for a minute.

An awkward amount of time has passed without Celestia bashing (no one talk).

Then Twilight finished her works. “Phew, finally, Spike now I’m done what would you like to do?”

“Done already!? I still have a lot left,” Spike said.

“That is why you don’t talk while working.”

Starlight realized what to do with this episode moral.

“Spike takes a letter,” Starlight took over Twilights position just to make fun of her, Spike played along.

”Dear Princess Celestia
Today I learned that you shouldn’t talk while working. And when you have something to do but you can’t do yourself it’s ok to ask for help and when someone criticised you it’s ok to correct them even you are in the wrong. It’s ok to do something stupid only if it works out at the end who knows it could do something in future it could be for the right.
Your ... Huh? What am I to her Spike? Spike? Did you write that down? Spike give me that letter
PS This is Spike
She didn’t use her magic for some reason, Oh dammit she continued to speak.
Come here Spike, finally...

Sorry Princess Celestia
Spike drops his quill into his nose and then sneeze.
P.S. Can you sent the paper that went along with the letter back, please? I kinda needed to finish those today.


An hour has passed Spike burped out a letter and a lot of paper.

My faithful student Twilight, You can call me whatever you like.
I sorry I answered you this late I was in the middle meeting so I set the delivered place in my room. It’s nice of you to send me a letter again but next time please send at between 18 o’clock and 6 o’clock. And did you talked about me? Being passive aggressive won’t help anything, asked your student, she is the one that made me learn that. If you want to talk I can adjust the time schedule for the talk and this time I can be the host so you wouldn’t have to go panic again.

“Good job Starlight, YOU made she think I’m you and made me look bad.”Twilight stared at Starlight after done reading the letter. “Now go cleared this miscommunication!”

“WHat? I still have my paperwork left, the one that you asked me for help in the first place,”Starlight seems surprised."

“That your responsibility, you willingly helped me, which I appreciated, but that your fault if you can’t finish both.”

“That cruel, Mrs. Princess of friendship, Principal of the school of friendship you just left your friend to doom without doing anything.”

As Principal of the school of friendship I have to make sure my guidance counselor can do what it takes to keep her word and be able to set an example for the students. If my guidance counselor can’t clear up simple miscommunication how can I be sure that she can do so for the students.” While Twilight was talking Starlight tried to interrupt but she got her mouse shut with Twilights hove, Twilight smirked at Starlight before continued. “Andddd As the Princess of friendship I have learned that sometime to set something right you have to be cruel and I have learned from my mentors to believe in my own student.”

“My point still stands you’re being cruel, if I can’t do it you’re going to fire me”

“I never said that.”

“Fine.” Starlight horn glowing and then there’re two Starlights in the room. Everyone else in the room seems surprised (Only twilight, Spike go to do his things after he’s done with his work).

Starlight GlimmerTwilight Sparkle: Haven’t you learned anything about using magic to solve your problems?

TrixieStarlight Glimmer: No. If we I learned that lesson, how will we I ever have fun?

Somehow this time she didn’t mess up, her paperwork finished on time and she sent Celestia this letter.

Dear Princess Celestia
That letter was from me, Starlight Glimmer. I’m sorry that letter wasn’t meant to be sent, it’s meant for tested my letter pattern. The content of the letter was what is learned from Twilights past. I apologize for this mess.
Your faithful student's student,
Starlight Glimmer

Author's Note:

This is how everyone remembers their major adventure(premiere, finale, Movie). In the story, no one remembers EQG because I just wanted to.
Me

Spike (He count getting capture as an adventure)

Twilight

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment