• Published 27th Mar 2018
  • 531 Views, 0 Comments

Family Split - Bluesea Songspell



When Discord is attacked in his own home, can he and the other immortals face the evil that has long plagued them on a certain aniversery.

  • ...
 0
 531

Chapter 1: What happened to you, Dissy?

Author's Note:

Hello, again! Again Nyx and Snowdrop do not belong to me! Nyx belongs to Pen Stroke and Snowdrop belongs to Silly Filly Studios! My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro Studios. Also, this is part of an extremely alternate universe (follows the same timeline as the show though), where many things (small things) are different! For example, Discord is actually blind, that's a big difference not a small difference that should be addressed. Don't worry, it's not a spoiler, it was mentioned once in the prologue, but it could be interpreted as being blind to his own actions or that such, in the way it is presented in the prologue, but it actually means he is actually blind. Anyways, just wanted to address that, because I realized the multiple interpretations after I posted the prologue and wanted to make it clear. Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

Family Split
By
Bluesea Songspell

Chapter 1:
What Happened to You, Dissy?

Princess Celestia sat on her throne, deep in thought and depressed. She was supposed to be hosting open court, but couldn't keep her mind off of the painful anniversary known only to her and a few others.

A small earth pony stallion with gray fur and a green mane and tail, was in front of her giving his opinions on farming, or something like that. She couldn't remember, but he was probably giving a big rant on financial issues with Equestrian farms, something that happened a lot with farmers at open court.

"So, what do you think, your Majesty?"

Huh, Celestia thought, Uh, oh! I wasn't listening to him at all! This was bad! She had no idea what he had said, so she didn't know what to do! Luckily, the palace staff were used to Celestia being like this on this date. They knew exactly what to do.

"Princess Celestia! Your Majesty!" An earth pony advisor exclaimed, "You are needed in the... um... ballroom?" She had stated it like a question and was a little messy with confusion, she was one of the newer advisors after all, but luckily it worked.

"Of course, Icy, I'll be right there! Icy can you help out Mr... Grapevines, please?" Celestia asked the advisor. Icy swished her ice blue mane and promptly agreed.

Celestia quickly but elegantly hurried off to the ballroom, closed the door behind her, made sure it was only her and the palace staff, and promptly freaked out.As usual, none of the palace staff tried to calm her down, for fear of over stepping their bounds. She paced around in a brisk circle, bantering worriedly about the day.

"How could I have zoned out like that! Just because this day upsets me, doesn't mean I should quit ruling Equestria properly! The poor stallion must think I dissed him for no reason at all! Luckily the palace staff understand!" Celestia bantered. But they don't know why it upsets me so, she thought to herself, but I can never tell. If only I could talk to the others without being overheard.

Celestia walked over to the stairs, maybe she could wake Luna up to talk. After all, Luna was permitted to talk with her without any guards. She would just have to take off some of her night shift of giving the ponies good dreams. Celestia shook her head, she remembered when she had switched places and cutie marks with Luna for 24 hours. Celestia had had extreme trouble and had learned that dreams could alter the state of sompony's psyche, whether it was good or bad. Luna's job was too important to intervene, even for a little bit.

She didn't know what to do, go back to failing at open court, or sitting in her room sobbing and not getting anything important done. Celestia knew neither was a good option, but luckily she didn't have to decide as a sound she heard caught her attention in the way none had in over one thousand years. It didn't bring her joy at all, in fact it brought her even more pain!

"Shadow... landed... help," the sound said. It sounded scratchy and breathless but Celestia would still know that voice through anything! Discord was in trouble and Celestia knew why! She reached into her necklace and pulled out the magical item, a walkie-talkie.

"Sister, Sister!"

"Aunties, Aunties!"

The two voices rang from clear down two hallways on either side of Celestia. The first voice was her little stster, Luna, and the second was her nephew, Blueblood. No, Blueblood was not Luna's son he was actually from another one of Celestia's little siblings. Her name had been Melody, but sadly she was no longer alive, another victim of this cursed anniversary! Blueblood looked like a normal unicorn, but he was actually an alicorn, he liked to hide his wings.

Both of them were levitating their own glowing walkie-talkies. Running towards Celestia like they were terrified of the day, which, come to think of it, they probably were.

"Tia, what should we do!?" Luna asked distressed, "Discord is in trouble, this kind of thing hasn't happened in over thousand years!" Indeed none of them had been threatened in that long, but there had been one subject that had been killed a year before Luna's return from the moon. Silverlining Stargazer, Princess Twilight Sparkle's twin sister. Twilight didn't know what had caused it, she only thought that her sister had committed suicide, which was sort of true, but wasn't the entire truth. This day was awful!

"Auntie! What should we do?" Blueblood asked, worried. "I don't want anyone else to come to the fate my mother and father did! Even if it is Discord! What should we do?"

"I-I don't know," Celestia stammered, "but I think w-we should help him. I know where the entrance to his dimension is."

"Sister, are you sure his home is where he's being attacked?" Luna asked, confusedly. "Knowing Discord, he could be anywhere!"

"Discord was going to stay in his home all day," Celestia stated, somberly. "He told me so."

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Sunset Simmer was in math, although she didn't want to be. Living in the human dimension as a human gave her no excuses for not going to school, except if she told people the truth, that she wasn't actually a teenage unicorn, but a 1,123 year old fire alicorn, but she wasn't allowed to. It was bad enough that she had accidentally undid her disguise not once, but twice.

The first time had been OK, she had been on the school roof at dawn, she had been singing a good song, and it had just happened. There hadn't been anybody around, that was good. The second time was another story. Sunset needed to reform this world's Twilight Sparkle from being Midnight Sparkle. More people had been around, but luckily they thought it was the ultimate good version of a pony up. That's what she and her friends in this world called sprouting pony ears, longer hair that looks like a tail, and sometimes Pegasus wings and unicorn horns! It is always a magical experience whenever that happens, though Sunset already knew what that felt like, she had lived in Equestria for most of her life, after all!

"Miss Shimmer, I asked you a question!"

"Wha- huh?" Sunset stammered confusedly. "Oh, sorry Mr Cranky! Could you please repeat the question?"

"Look, you've been acting weird and acting gloomy all day! Mind telling us what's on your mind, Miss Shimmer!?"

"Yeah, Shim!" This world's Rainbow Dash exclaimed, "You have been acting strange! Please, tell us what's up!"

"I can't," Sunset told them, sadly.

"Why?" Human Pinkie Pie asked, "You'd feel better once you got it off your chest!"

"Yeah," This world's Fluttershy said, "you'd feel so much better!"

"Exactly," human Twilight said, "statistically, the longer you hold it in, the more likely it is to come out."

"Darling," this world's Rarity chittered worriedly, "what's wrong? You can tell us!"

"Sugarcube," human Applejack drawled in her southern accent, "tell us!"

Those two words spun around in Sunset's head, making her feel so bad that she couldn't tell them. It made her feel like she was going to explode. Thankfully, one sound came up to help her, although it brought her more pain than help.

"Shadow... landed... help," this sound was something Sunset never wanted to hear ever again. She had made her decision in a split second.

"What was that!?" Mr Cranky asked, "Don't tell me that that's your phone!"

"It's not," Sunset said, pulling out the glowing walkie-talkie. "It's this." She sighed, knowing the reaction to what she would say next. She took a deep breath, "This glowing walkie-talkie is connected to those in Equestria, the voice sounded out of breath, but I'd have to say it said the code word 'The shadow has landed'. Yeah, so I kind of have to go back to Equestria, and to protect you all from a great evil, I must never come back!" As she said that, she undid her disguise, revealing her fiery wings and unicorn horn. She reached into her bag, took out her message book, and handed it to Twilight. "To keep in touch with me, text messages won't work where I'm going. I'll put some pictures in there, too." She walked towards the door. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go pack the essentials."

After that, she ran out towards her home, grabbed only the essentials and her pet lizard, Ray. Running back towards the portal with one suitcase and Ray in her arms, she noticed something weird. The sirens, Adagio, Aria, and Sonata, were standing near the portal, holding glowing walkie-talkies of their own.

"So, I guess when we broke the red gems that corrupted you, we actually brought you back from the dark," Sunset wondered aloud.

"Well yeah," Sonata said matter of factly, "I mean we wouldn't be standing here trying to figure out this portal if we weren't!"

"You just walk straight through," Sunset told them in an even more matter of fact tone.

"Oh."

All four of them, plus Ray, walked through the portal into the Equestrian Twilight's library. They had turned into ponies, except Sunset had fiery wings that weren't normally there, her disguise was long gone. The sirens were ponies as well, alicorns too, but their wings were see through but still seeable like fish fins. They also had fins on the backs of each of their four legs near their hooves. These ponies had cutie marks as well. Adagio's was a purple music note underneath an orange diamond. Aria's was a purple star above a black swirly line. Lastly, Sonata's was a blue flagged eighth note that had a line that looked like a lightning bolt, above a pink heart. They truly were reformed.

"May I help you?" This was Twilight, "I was just enjoying a good read with my daughter, Nyx and my friends when you come in and... oh, Sunset it's you! I didn't recognize you what with the wings... wait, you have wings!? This is new! Wait why do you have a suitcase, and is that a lizard?"

"Twilight! I have no time for this!" Sunset yelled. "First off this is Sonata, Aria, and Adagio. They are good now and also, we're moving back to Equestria. To answer your questions that I didn't already answer, this is Ray, my pet lizard, and I've always had wings, I am a 1,123 year old fire alicorn, I just normally wear a disguise. Sorry if I was blunt, but does that settle it?"

Uh, yes... yes it... does," Twilight said, confusion filling her voice. "Girls and Spike, could you come over here for a moment!?"

"What is it, Twilight?" said a little voice, "Oh, auntie Sunset!"

"Yes, Nyx!" Sunset exclaimed to the little filly. "How have you been little one, I haven't seen you since my human friends forgot about me!"

"I've been good!" Nyx replied.

"Sunset!" Exclaimed Starlight Glimmer, one of Sunset's greatest pony friends. She knew what it was like to be bad and then try real hard to be good, just like Sunset.

"Starlight!" Sunset replied. "How have you been?"

"I've been good!" Starlight responded. "How have you been, Sunset?"

"Good, I-," Sunset left off as she remembered her mission, "Wait, I don't have time for this! Does anypony here know the new entrance to Discord's realm?"

"Um, I do," said Fluttershy, "I know!"

"Good! Now all merponies and those who bare the elements, please come with us! the rest of you, stay here and hold down the fort!" Sunset gave Ray to Starlight and sped out the door as those she mentioned followed. As those seven with wings flew and those three without ran, they heard rumbling and then a deafening crash!

"We're close, and that sounded like it came from the entrance!" Fluttershy screamed. "Discord!"

Oh, no Sunset thought.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Coloratura didn't want to perform that night, but she had no choice. Ever since her mother was corrupted and sent to another dimension, ever since her father died, ever since she herself was turned to blue crystal and thrown into the ocean as a filly, ever since she escaped that, she had had to hide her true self. Hiding as an earth pony for probably all of time was hard enough, but having to hide her secret and perform on the anniversary of her father's death was even harder!

She didn't have to perform or get ready yet, after all it was just morning, but Rara knew it would feel like torture when the time came! Turning over in her bed, Rara gazed out the window to her bedroom in Manehatten. She wondered what her parents would think of her career, they would probably think that she was stuck up or something. Although, she had been actual royalty one thousand years ago, so she was probably considered less stuck up now, than she was back then.

Rara looked back at the clock, and sighed, 8 AM, it said. She didn't know what t do, time seemed to be getting slower and slower, she just wanted to get this over with. She just wished she could have a viable excuse to get out of performing.

"Shadow... landed... help," said a noise from inside one of the drawers in Rara's nightstand.

Rara's heart sank, never did she want to hear that again! The only memory it brought her, was tear filled and heart broken. She cursed under her breath and ran out of the room, grabbing the glowing walkie-talkie on the way. On the way down the hall, she ran into one of her producers, literally, they both fell onto the floor with a CRASH!

"Coloratura, great I was just about to go get you!" She said. "You need to get ready if you're going to sing in the performance tonight!"

"No," Rara replied, "I actually can't do the performance tonight! Something has come up, you must cancel it! If you are worried about the public getting angry, them tell them that I'm sick, that will get their understandings nice and quick! Now if you'll excuse me, I must go!"

"OK?" The producer stated questioningly. "That's all fine, but might I ask what that glowing thing in your hoof is, I've never seen any contraption like that before!" Rara looked down and realized that she was holding the walkie-talkie tightly to her chest, like it was the most precious item to her in the whole world, which, she quickly realized, was actually kind of true at this particular moment.

"Actually," Rara sighed somberly, "you may not! It is an item of great worth to me, and as I said before, I must go!" She shoved past the producer and ran to the nearest window. She turned to the producer one last time and said, "What you will see here in just a few moments is something of great secrecy! You must not tell a soul, not a soul! Do you understand that, Sandy?"

"Yes I do," said the tan pegasus who was named Sandy, "but what is this secret?" As she said that a blinding light filled the room, making Sandy cover her blue eyes with her brown mane. When the light cleared, there stood Rara, or what appeared to be Rara. Before Sandy, stood a creature with fangs and blue horns on her head, kind of like Discord's blue antelope horn except smoother. On each of her four hooves, was a fin, like the Sirens. Her back was no longer bare, she had wings! They were weird looking wings, though. The right wing was kind of bat like, holding Rara's coat color on the outside of the wing, but it was black on the inside of the wing. Weird enough, the left wing was much different! It was the same color as Rara's coat, but it was like a fish fin, see through, but still seeable, again, like the Sirens. Besides those differences, Rara looked much the same. Sandy stood there, surprised. Mouth hanging open, surprised.

"I thank you for not telling a soul." Was all Rara said before said flew off, out the open window. Then, realizing she needed to explain something to this poor pegasus, she turned around and landed on the open window sill, where Sandy still stood, open mouthed, and, thankfully, alone. Rara knew she couldn't explain through words, but she needed to explain, after all this pegasus had done for her, Sandy deserved an explanation! Rara realized that there was only one way to tell her, to show her! “Sandy, why don’t you come with me?” With that Rara took Sandy by the arm and they both flew off towards Discord’s dimension.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, or Cadence, as she preferred to be called, was on a mission. She knew she had to hurry, if only she could get past this air stream. Looking at the ground she felt a bit of serenity that she hadn't felt in years, peace and quiet. She knew she couldn't enjoy it for long, though, as the glowing walkie talkie in her magic hold reminded her. Now, if only she could get out of this air stream.

"Havin' a hard time gettin' out of my airstream now aren't you, little Deedee!"

Cadence knew that voice, and that nickname. It couldn't be.

"Scorpan? Is that you?" She asked the emptiness.

"Yep," said a tan figure emerging from the airstream. Scorpan was tall, at least as tall as gargoyles go, only thing that was different with him from the last time Cadence had seen him, was the fact that his eyes were no longer glowing yellow, but normal, deep blue. "Why don't you ride my airstream. We ca catch up while we head off to ol' Discord's!"

"Sounds like a plan, Pan!"

"Still on with that catchphrase, huh?"

"Oops, sorry Pan! Forgot you hated that catchphrase that we came up with for you!"

"It's OK. You can't remember most things from back then anyways."

"If you two would stop dawdling, we can all catch up after we save Discord!" The yellow pegasus stallion behind the voice emerged into the airstream, and with him came a pink pegasus mare with an ancient Egyptian pony like outfit.

"Flash Magnus! Somnambula!" Scorpan exclaimed. "You're here... alive!"

"Yes, don't be so surprised, my little ones. If you look down, you'll see that they are also alive and well!" Cadence and Scorpan looked down at the ground and were confounded at what they saw. Somehow, during their flight, the airstream had gotten really close to the ground. That wasn't what surprised them, though, were the three unicorns and two earth ponies that were currently on the ground staring at them.

"Rockhoof, Meadowbrook, Mistmane, some pony that I haven't the clue as to who he is, and... STARSWIRL!"

"Yes, my little Scorpan, tis I, Starswirl the Bearded, the great unicorn wizard, and your former mentor. Oh, and my friend here is named Stygian, by the way."

"Hello," said the grey stallion who was named Stygian, "you're a princess right, judging by your crown."

"Yes, I am, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, but you can just call me Cadence." Cadence told the stallion, then addressed to the whole group. "Now, we may want to hurry, for Discord's sake!"

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Discord had never known this much pain in all his 1,124 years of life. He had only been petrified for a few minutes, but when he had fallen, the landing had chipped off a big part of his back. While the fact that he was petrified meant that he wasn't bleeding, it still hurt, a lot! He was also being basically squeezed to death by Kataten's spell, so Discord thought that this would be one long week, if he even lived that long!

Oh, Celestia hurry up, please he thought I can't make it this long.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

So, the four groups made their way towards Discord's dimension. Each individual hoping to get there in time to save him. They eventually all met up outside of his dimension, you can probably guess what happened, everyone asking why Rara brought Sandy, and beings getting a short little catch up and you know. Rara found her mother in the Sunset group, yes Adagio was overjoyed to see her daughter again! Let's skip that part and get right to the good part now shall we...

"Oh, narrator!"

Why do I get the feeling that the fourth wall in my story is about to be broken?

"Narrator!"

Well, I guess It's pointless to ignore her, what is it Pinkie?

"Why do we have to skip this part?"

Because I'm the narrator and author and I say so!

"Why do you say so?"

Because I've put this off so long that I'm staying up late at night to get this done and I just want to get this chapter done!

"Oh, Bluesea..."

No names! Sorry, no names for the narrator please!

"Sorry, guess I'll let you get back to the story now!"

Thank you, Pinkie!

"Bye, bye!"

Bye! Jeeze, I hate when fourth wall breakers do that to me! Anyways...

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Celestia entered Discord's wrecked home. Searching through the rooms she finally found Discord, frozen in a terrified leaping position.

Oh dear she thought what happened to you, Dissy?

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment