• Published 24th Mar 2018
  • 718 Views, 4 Comments

Bedridden Bonbon - DexThePony



Bonbon's stuck in bed, leaving her wife and daughter to have to deal with the things to come with this

  • ...
 4
 718

Chapter 5

Bedridden Bonbon Chapter Five

Tootsie inspected the flowers carefully.

Hmmm, can't be this...it's not Mommy's favorite..oh! There it is!

Pulling out the single petunia hiding among the daisies, Tootsie felt pleased with herself. As she trotted to where she and her Mommy Bonbon were having a picnic, she sang a song her Momma Lyra taught her.

The sea and sky are a brilliant blue
The grass and leaves are an emerald green
Birds chirp and fish swim as the flowers grew
It is time for spring so the pegasi shall preen

Tootsie couldn't go on because she forgot the rest of the song, but it didn't matter now. Her Mommy Bonbon was now within her view, lying down on their picnic blanket.
Though a short trip from the flowers to the picnic area was to be expected. They were having a picnic in their garden after all.

Her Momma Lyra wished to join them, but the conductor sent a letter stating that he wouldn't want to risk another "harpie fiasco" (whatever that meant). This meant that Lyra had no other choice but to attend the next rehearsal, unless she wanted to lose her job that is.

So it was now just Mommy and Tootsie.

Not that Tootsie minded. Being an understanding filly, she knew that her Momma was needed. Besides, quality time with Mommy Bonbon had been scarce lately.

"I found your favorite flowers Mommy!", Tootsie said while she levitated the petunias to Bonbon.

"Thank you sweetie, the shop could really use some more decorations", Bonbon replied with a gentle smile.

Snuggling up to her Mommy's side, Tootsie got a jelly donut from the basket. Taking a bite out of the donut, she watched the clouds pass by.

"That one looks like a duck~!" Tootsie said energetically, free hoof pointing at a cloud.

"Huh. It looks like a rabbit to me" Bonbon responded after looking up.

"Really? Then can we call it a rabbit-duck or duck-rabbit cloud?" Tootsie suggested.

Bonbon giggled then rubbed her daughter's head lovingly, "You can call it whatever you like Tootsie~"

Tootsie grinned, jelly and donut bits all over her teeth. Bonbon got a napkin then wiped her mouth. This caused the filly to chuckle a bit in between protests of her being old enough to do it herself.

===

somewhere in Cloudsdale ...

"Eh, I say it looks like a bunny", Crackle Pop said while tilting his head a bit.

"Nuh-uh! It's definitely a duck!", Rumble replied.

"Hey Mom! What's this supposed to be?!", Crackle asked with his hoof pointed at the painting.

"It's an optical illusion, so it's basically two things Crackle-Muffin", Derpy responded from the living room. The two colts had been arguing about it for the past hour, so she was fully aware what exactly they were arguing about.

"Huh...cool, so these paintings really inspire your Mom for cloud making?" Rumble asked.

"Yeah, wanna go see the one with the three mules sharing ears?" Crackle said.

After a nod from Rumble, the two friends walked on to find the aforementioned painting.

===

"How come my cousin Sunny Strings gets to have wings while I get a horn?" Tootsie asked, leaning against her Mommy's belly (she was careful not to lean too much so as not to upset it).

"Because she has more pegasi genes dear. Skyra and Bons are both pegasi so it's quite expected for their foals to also be the same." Bonbon replied, watching more clouds but still paying attention to her daughter.

"How come Aunt Skyra and Aunt Bons Away get to be pegasi then, Mommy?" Tootsie asked, gently climbing onto her mommy's back.

"Aunt Skyra takes after Grandpa Harper Chord more sweetie. And my sister took after our grandfather" Bonbon answered, now reading the latest Ronald Dole book.

"Genetics can be so weird..." Tootsie said. She was now sliding off her Mommy's back.

"Sweetie, what's with all these questions about our family genes and whatnot? You usually didn't pay any mind to that till now. Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just wondering about the sudden curiosity." Bonbon questioned her daughter, now halfway through her book.

"I'm a kid mom! Curiosity is gonna be expected! And lots of it even, Miss Cheerliee herself says so!" Tootsie responded, now climbing onto her Mommy's head this time.

"Heh, I hope you never stop getting curious sweetie~" Bonbon said, looking up at her daughter, rather literally too.

"Really? But I thought my questions annoyed you and Momma." Tootsie asked as she rested her hooves on top of her Mommy's ears.

Hearing this from her daughter, Bonbon couldn't help but get a little sad. Four weeks ago, Harper Chord had come over to visit. It wasn't the most pleasant of visits and the things he had said left quite the impact on Tootsie. One of these things was about noisy foals being a nuisance and quiet foals being well-behaved.

Bonbon contemplated on the straining relationship of their family with the elderly pegasus. As Bonbon did so, Tootsie hopped off her dual colored curls then faced her.

"Oh Tootsie...they never did, and it's a good thing even that you have lots of them.", Bonbon said after some more contemplation. Tootsie cocked her head to the side a bit and perked one ear up.

"Why is it so good Mommy? Won't asking too much questions end up landing me in trouble?" Tootsie asked.

"It's good because it means you want to learn more, and always wanting to learn more will bring you farther in life. Trust me and your momma when we say that it's good to ask questions all the time."

===

Somewhere in Canterlot...

"So give me the deets. What's doing it like with Bonbon in her uh...current state and stuff?" Vinyl asked, shades near the tip of her nose and eyebrows wiggling a bit.

"For the last time Vinyl, I'm not gonna tell you that...so please stop asking those questions." Lyra replied with annoyance.

But it seemed that the unicorn DJ wasn't going to give up yet.

"Okay okay, I understand...so...new topic, if you were to say...think of how to--"

Vinyl's question was cut off by a sudden slap to the mouth with some duct tape through some golden magic aura. After seeing that she had managed to keep her friend quiet, Lyra went back to peacefully eating her sandwich.

===

"Will Aunt Blueberry bring CC with her when she comes over?" Tootsie asked while she used her magic to stir the lemonade she was making.

"Probably, but we can't be completely sure. Your cousin's been a bit preoccupied with trying to earn his cutie mark. And he's very intent on making sure it's not going to be an 'embarrassing one.'" Bonbon replied while she arranged the cookies on the plate.

Blueberry Curls, unlike Bonbon's other siblings, didn't live in Ponyville. Instead, the eldest of Bonbon's siblings lived in Manehattan with her chubby little son. Not that this stopped Bonbon from keeping in touch with her.

"What do you mean an 'embarrassing one', cutie marks are cool in different ways!" Tootsie responded, her mommy's last statement gaining the most attention.

Bonbon sighed then simply patted her daughter in the head. The pale blue unicorn filly already had an enstranged relationship with her grandfather on Lyra's side. What more if it was the same with the one on Bonbon's side?

"I'll explain when the time's right but for now, can you please help mommy by getting the tea set?" Bonbon said kindly.

"Okay! But what about the lemonade? I made it for all of us!" Tootsie said.

Bonbon mentally choked on her guilt, then explained to her daughter that her cousin would probably want to have lots of lemonade. In truth, she didn't have the heart to tell Tootsie that her lemonade was seriously lacking in sugar.

"Alright~!" Tootsie responded, levitating the lemonade pitcher to the living room.

Bonbon breathed a sigh of relief then looked up at the clock.

It wouldn't be too long till Blueberry Curls would arrive.

Comments ( 1 )

Is the story dead? :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment