• Published 24th Mar 2018
  • 718 Views, 4 Comments

Bedridden Bonbon - DexThePony



Bonbon's stuck in bed, leaving her wife and daughter to have to deal with the things to come with this

  • ...
 4
 718

Chapter 2

Bedridden Bonbon Chapter 2

Lyra levitated the spoon to her wife's mouth. Bonbon sipped up some of the soup.

"Well, how does it taste Bonny~?" Lyra asked with a smile.

"Darling, I lost most of my sense of taste remember?" Bonbon replied.

"Oh..oh yeah. Sorry, I'll make sure to prepare you the best meal after this is all done with~!" Lyra said while putting her forelegs up in the air happily.

Unfortunately, Lyra had forgotten that her hoof was carrying the bowl of soup. The bowl flew out of the window.

"MY EYES!", yelled a stallion who was passing by their house.

Both mares turned their heads to the window. "Sorry!" Lyra apologized while rubbing the back of her head with a hoof.

"Oh gee..I didn't know I made it that hot..." the mint unicorn said while she flushed in embarrassment.

"I think...I'll just make the meal once this is all over...and probably for all of us too" Bonbon said.

"Well, looks like you'll have to prepare more food than you used to prepare. But don't stress yourself out, especially since it'll be after this whole ordeal." Lyra said while fluffing the pillows to make them more comfortable.

"I'll help you out, more hands--er hooves, means more work done~" Lyra continued, giving her wife a kiss on the forehead.

"I'm really lucky to have you~" Bonbon giggled.

===

Tootsie Flute tossed the iron shoe, it landed perfectly and made a satisfying clank!

"See? I told you girls can do it too!" Tootsie said happily while perking up and turning around.

Behind her, Rumble and Crackle Pop sat beneath the shade of a tree. Crackle smiled then nudged Rumble while giving him the I-won-the-bet-now-pay-up look. Grumbling, Rumble got three bits from his pouch.

"What are you even gonna use the bits for CP? Your older sister secretly slips you some of her bits from foal-sitting anyway." Rumble asked his friend.

Suddenly, Crackle's ears perked up. "Oh, well uh..." the blonde colt stuttered, a blush coming to his face.

"Yeah? What're you gonna use the bits for Crackle?" Tootsie asked as well, her curiosity spawning from that of Rumble's.

"I'm saving up for that handbook on roller derby races!" Crackle Pop blurted.

"Oh, okay!" Rumble responded. Tootsie, on the other hand, wasn't convinced but she decided to leave it be.

"So, what do you wanna do now anyway? I'm pretty much free since 'Lane's on a date with Flitter and Cloudchaser." Rumble said.

"Well, my moms are staying at home the whole day." Tootsie piped up.

"Count me in, all my relatives are busy." Crackle Pop added.

"Wait--all your relatives?" Rumble cut in, giving Crackle a questioning look.

"Yeah. Pretty sure they are." Crackle Pop responded.

"Your parents?"

"Mom's making some package deliveries today. Dad's dealing with weeping pegasi, whatever that means."

"Your sisters?"

"Amethyst is going with Chirpy to the trading market to find someone willing to swap a a jar of peanut butter for the quill. Dinky and Dizzy are hanging out with Pip."

"Your grandparents?"

"Bingo with the Apple Grandma and the Pear Grandpa."

"Your mom's unicorn cousins?"

"Uncle Ponet's having a day out with Dipsy. Uncle Pokey's doing community service cuz of the hot air balloon incident."

"Your mom's cousin Cloudkicker?"

"Out to give one of her special massages to Solar Winds. Whatever the heck that means"

"Your tenth half-cousin, four times removed through your mom's great uncle--"

"I think we get your point now, Cracks." Tootsie Flute immediately cut in while shoving a hoof in Rumble's mouth, aware of the huge size of the Doo clan. Not to Apple family levels mind you, but still long enough to give one Q and A after another (which would effectively waste their day).

"Well, that still leaves the question of what to do." Crackle Pop pointed out.

Rumble shoved Tootsie's hoof out of his mouth before spitting out some dirt. "Bleck! What have you been holding with your hoof?!" Rumble questioned his friend.

"Well, the last thing I held was the iron shoe, and I just found it lying around..." Tootsie Flute replied.

Both pegasi looked at her. At least, Tootsie thought they were looking at her. Unbeknownst to the filly, Big Mac was behind her busy searching for something on the ground. And both pegasi noticed that he was missing a shoe...

===

The three friends sat in the waiting room to Nurse Rosemane's office.

"I know that you're worried and all, but don't you think you're overreacting a bit Rum? You already gargled enough water to make sure your mouth's clear." Crackle Pop said.

Forelegs crossed, Rumble shook his head then responded, "If my mouth doesn't get checked, I might get sick. And if I get sick, I might not be able to fly again. And if I won't be able to fly again, then I won't be able to be a Wonderbolt. And if I won't be able to be a Wonderbolt, then my life is over."

Crackle face-hoofed.

"Well, at least we found something to do." Tootsie pointed out.

"Well anything would've been better to do than just sitting here for forever!" an annoyed Rumble said, hooves in the air.

"But..you're the one who suggested to sit here." Tootsie responded.

Rumble paused...

Then he replied, "Correction: I suggested we wait here I didn't suggest we sit here."

Before Crackle could point out the holes in his friend's logic, a familiar mare walked into the waiting room. She was guiding a dark blue pegasus stallion with his head in a bowl.

"Okay, okay. Just follow my voice Winds. Follow the sound of my voice..." Cloudkicker said gently to her stallion companion. Solar Winds ended up crashing into her.

"Aunt Cloudkicker?" Crackle Pop said.

"Huh? Oh, hi Crackle! What're you doing here?" Cloudkicker asked.

"Same as you. Going with a friend who got into a stupid sounding situation partly because of his fault." The grey colt replied, much to Rumble's displeasure.

"Hey! The only reason this bowl is stuck on me is because Heartstrings threw it out the window!" Solar Winds responded.

"Oh dear! I'm sorry my Momma did that, Mr. Winds!" Tootsie Flute said. It was always in the little filly's nature to apologize on behalf of other ponies. Usually, on Rumble's behalf.

"Also, we're not exactly friends..." Cloudkicker added, rubbing her foreleg with one of her wings. She had a light blush on her face.

"Oh that's weird. If you're not friends, then why did you bother bringing him all the way here? I get into lots of trouble and the only reason Crackle brings me here is cuz we're friends." Rumble asked.

"Yeah, continue getting into trouble, and the 'friend' part might get debatable." Crackle Pop responded, once again, displeasuring Rumble.

"Oh no no no! It's not that we're not friends..." Cloudkicker immediately replied.

"We're actually...more than friends..." Solar Winds said. A blush was probably on his face, based on his tone.

"Oh, best friends then~! That's what my mommies called each other before they got married~!" Tootsie Flute responded.

The two adults looked at each other (though it was a bit hard to tell in Solar Winds' case). Nervous laughter came from both of them.

===

Bonbon panted heavily, tongue out. Her eyes were looking right into Lyra's. Sweat was trickling down her body. The cream earth mare felt strange feelings throughout her entire body.

"Lyra..." Bonbon called out.

"Yes Bonny~?" Lyra asked her mate.

Bonbon's words were incoherent to the mint unicorn, much to her frustration.
Unable to hold it any longer, she yelled.

"WILL YOU PLEASE STOP STICKING SO DAMN CLOSE TO ME!? FOR THE LOVE OF CELESTIA, I AM HEATING UP HERE!"

Lyra winced at the sudden outburst. "Wh-why didn't you say so earlier?" the still somewhat petrified unicorn asked.

"I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU THAT FOR THE PAST HOUR! HOW COULD YOU NOT HEAR IT!?" Bonbon yelled. Shakingly, Lyra levitated a fan into the room then set it near her wife. Although she loved her Bonny very much, the poor unicorn couldn't help but cower in fear from her unbroken eye contact. Bonbon watched intensely as Lyra turned on the fan.

"There~! All taken care of!" Lyra said, a nervous smile on her face.

It took awhile, but Bonbon's anger subsided. Eventually, the earth pony settled into bed and fell asleep.

Sighing, Lyra wiped a sweat from her brow then looked up at the ceiling. "Faust, I wonder if I'll have to tolerate this any longer..." Lyra looked at her wife, who was now in a deep sleep (thankfully). Leaning closer (but not too close so as not to enrage her again), Lyra gently brushed Bonbon's mane out of her eyes.

"I know Nurse Redheart said it's most likely because of your condition but... I can't help but worry." Lyra said to the sleeping cream colored mare.

Author's Note:

Some small tidbits of info:

-no Thunderlane isn't stringing two mares along. In my HC of Equestria, Polyamory is the norm
-Crackle usually stays in Cloudsdale with maternal extended family. Equestrian law here allows minors to be under the care of extended relatives if the parents can't handle all their children. Provided of course, the foal still gets in contact with his/her parents.
-Cloudkicker is quite...well acquainted with different stallions. Obviously, she can't just outright tell her cousin's son what she's often up to.