• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 8,993 Views, 376 Comments

The Legend of Broly - I-C-U-P



Released from his stone prison to fight the oncoming powerful foes, the residence of Equestria placed their hopes on the most unexpected saviour. Broly.

  • ...
28
 376
 8,993

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30: A New Dawn / A Foolish Guard’s Request

By the time morning arrived in the land of Equestria, there was a great sense of serenity. It was only just the other day when Ponyville was attacked by the evil of Lord Slug. Yet the citizens had already moved on. Despite the early morning, the anthro ponies decided to sleep in some more. Most likely from partying too hard. Over in Twilight’s castle, it was the same story for Starlight Glimmer and Spike the dragon. The other two occupancies, however, the story was different.

Broly was first to awaken from his slumber. Proceeding downstairs to eat. Despite nothing prepared, he was more than fine with eating fruit from the fruit bowl. Then as he crossed the hallway, he noticed something by the front door of the castle.

“Hmm?”

Curious as to what he saw, the Saiyan moved over to the door to discover a letter on the floor. Picking it up, he was confused to find that, while addressed to Twilight’s castle, it had his name on it. Opening it, he read what the letter said. As he did, his expressions changed. First was curiosity. Then stern. Then confusion.

With an uncertain, but steady breath, Broly gripped the letter and walked out of the castle. After taking a few steps outside, the Legendary Saiyan hovered in the air before taking off to the skies.

‘This is strange. Who sent me this? And why?’ Broly thought to himself. Cruising towards Canterlot. The capital city of Equestria.

Not long after his departure, Twilight was next to wake up. After letting out a yawn, she rested in her bed with a smile on her face. Thinking back to what happened between her and Broly.

‘Wow! I still can’t believe he cared about me that much!’

It was something that she found so unexpecting, she was still trying to process the information. Broly, the Legendary Super Saiyan, saw her, the Princess of Friendship, as his little sister. The thought stayed with her all through the night. Washing away all the fear she felt prier. In a way, she was glad that she and Broly had a moment. Otherwise, she felt that the fear would keep her from sleeping. She would certainly not have such a peaceful rest if so.

Quickly feeling restless, the anthro Alicorn princess rose from her bed with a bright smile. After getting changed, she went downstairs. Expecting to see Broly already up. But upon arriving downstairs, she found that the fruit bowl had been raided and the front door left open slightly.

‘What’s all this? Has Broly already gone out?’

Feeling that it was a possibility, she closed the door with a somewhat disappointed look. She hoped that she would get to see him first thing in the morning. But then her thoughts were on another subject. A new project she had conceived recently. With the smile returning to her face, she rushed through the hallway and proceeded down towards her workshop in the castle basement.

‘Whatever he’s doing, I’m sure he’ll be fine. Besides…’

Opening the door at the bottom of the stairwell, Twilight entered her makeshift lab. Upon entry, she rushed to the small cabinet. Opening it, she was greeted to the small glass container which held the Seed of the Tree of Might. But Twilight was interested in something beside it. Reaching in, she pulled out the red lensed scouter that Turles gave her. Gripping it tightly.

‘… it’s time I made use of these,’ Twilight thought to herself as she turned to the other piece of alien technology. The Terra-Freezing Pod.
……………………………………………………………………...............................................................

Over in the city of Canterlot, the sun was slowly rising ever higher over the horizon. But still, some ponies were beginning to begin their day. Including the royal guards. Some were so dedicated to their jobs that they wake up earlier than others just to get to their positions in time.

One group in particular felt more than ready to take on the day. All geared up in their armour.

“Well? Ready for another long day?” One Unicorn guard asked. The second giving his reply.

“Ready as ever. Though I hope we’re not going to have another alien attack.”

A guardsmare Pegasus voiced her agreement.

“Yeah. I saw what went down with that green giant yesterday. It was actually kinda scary.”

“He just appeared out of nowhere. Good thing that Broly guy was there to stop him,” The other guard stallion added.

But up ahead, the guards noticed that the one up front looked very ecstatic. He was grinning about something.

“Hay, what’s gotten you in the good mood?” One of them asked him.

Looking back with his arms resting behind his head, the Unicorn gave his reason for his upbeat attitude.

“I’ll tell you. You remember what we talked about yesterday? About Broly?”

The other guards nodded before listening to what he said next.

“I already sent that invite.”

The other guards gasped in startlement in response.

“What!? You mean, you want it to happen today!?” One Earth Pony stallion asked.

“I still think it’s a bad idea. He’ll cream us!” Another complained.

But the guard upfront disagreed. Then gave his reasons for his actions.

“Think about it. He just had his fight with that giant yesterday. He may be strong, but fighting a monster that big is surely no easy feat. Even for him. He would still be worn out. Or at the very least, tired. That would give us a chance for sure.”

He then went silent as his smug smile grew. But all the others had second opinions.

“Dude. That’s just cheating.”

“And if he’s tired, what makes you think he would even agree?”

“I doubt he would be bothered to show up.”

But as they were about to pass by the large gymnasium, an oddity caught their immediate attention. All the anthro guards done a doubletake to make sure they weren’t imagining it. Standing in the centre of the massive room was a single individual. It was him. The tall Saiyan that they had summoned. Broly himself.

The warrior from another world had his back to the doorway as he eyed his surroundings. Looking at all the equipment and climbing frames on the walls. It was indeed a place to train. While some of the royal guard ponies were surprised to see that he actually arrived. Seemingly accepted the invitation. They were all shocked that he arrived so early. Before they did in fact. As the other guards muttered amongst themselves, the Unicorn stallion that started it all decided to make their presence known to Broly.

“Uh… hay there.”

Being called out, Broly glanced over his shoulder to look behind him. Eyeing the group of armoured ponies. It was there when the lot of them felt it. Their bodies briefly froze the second the Saiyan laid his sights on them. They didn’t know if it was because he was an alien. Or the simple fact that they knew that he was so strong. For a second, they felt like prey.

But the effect wore off when the tall Saiyan turned to face them. Wearing his infamous alien attire. Added with the vest Rarity gave him, which was still a little too small for him.

As the group of guards entered the gym, they again felt a little intimidated. They were standing in the same room as Broly. The guy who repel an army and slay giants. Something of which not a single one of them had ever accomplished. Then the stallion looked down to see that the letter he sent was clutched in Broly’s hand.

“Oh, so you’ve got my message?” He said.

Looking down at the letter in his hand, Broly replied.

“So, this is from you.”

As the guards began to spread out, the stallion spoke again.

“Yeah. But I didn’t think you would be here this early. Wasn’t expecting that.”

It was something none of the other pony guards were expecting either. With Broly arriving much earlier than expected, it showed them that the Saiyan must’ve been eager. A sign… much to their concern… meant that he wasn’t tired. In fact, the tall alien warrior looked wide awake. As if the battle with Lord Slug didn’t even happen.

The royal guard had no idea that throughout the fight, Broly wasn’t even going all out.

Glancing down at the letter again, Broly looked at the stallion in puzzlement.

“What is this about?”

It was the guard’s turn to look confused.

“What? You mean you never received a formal challenge before?”

“A… challenge?” Broly asked.

The guard then explained what the challenge was about. Starting to feel confident.

“That’s right. A challenge of combat. And by coming here, you accepted that challenge.”

Broly blinked in surprise at what the guard had just said. Wondering if the stallion was thinking straight.

“You… want to fight me?”

The other guard spoke up. Not wanting any misunderstandings to happen.

“It’s not… like a serious fight. It’s just… a mock battle. You know… friendly fighting.”

Another guard joined in. He too was just as nervous.

“W-We do it all the time. Right guys?”

The other guards nodded and muttered in agreement. Despite the nerves running through most of them, there was truth. When off duty, the guards would occasionally fight in mock battles with each other. It was their way of staying in top form for their duties.

Then a mare spoke up. Trying to sound tough.

“You may have helped us, but that doesn’t mean we’re helpless. We can fight too.”

“A-And we’ll show you,” Another said.

Thanks to the tough talk from the mares, the rest of the guards began to feel positive. While some still believed that Broly would slaughter them, they would still try their hardest. If not to beat Broly, but to at least impress him.

The Saiyan, however, questioned their judgement.

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

Broly was right to give the anthro ponies caution. He could easily read their latent power just by looking at them. They talk tough, but they were weaker than the princesses that ruled them. Even Twilight’s magical power was greater than their own. If one wore a scouter, they would’ve discovered that all the guards’ power levels were below a hundred.

Then the lead stallion spoke up. Trying to give directions as clear as possible to Broly.

“Don’t worry about it. But since this isn’t a serious fight, you don’t need to try too hard. Take it easy.”

Despite the reassurance from the guard, Broly was still uneasy. Because of how weak the guards were compared to him, he would have to REALLY hold back his strength. Meaning that he would HAVE to try hard not to seriously hurt them. A small part of him wanted to just leave. But yet, he had never received a formal challenge before. It was a new experience for him. It could be another means of getting to know others. While he found the idea questionable, it seemed that it did well for the guards. All of then clearly had bonded through one way or another. Perhaps, the challenge was their way of getting to know him. Plus, he would get to see how the royal guard fight in person.

After a moment of hesitation, Broly came to a decision.

“Alright. Don’t hold back.” He said calmly. Deciding to go along with it.

Given the green light, the guards began to perk up. The majority of them even began to feel excited. Branding their weapons too. Broly took glances at his surroundings. Because they were magic casters, the Unicorns were going to fight with their spells. While the Earth Ponies and the Pegasi wielded all sorts of weapons. While nervous, they truly wanted to show that they were capable. Which was the main reason why the lot of them wanted to go through with it. Though they hoped that it wouldn’t be till later in the day.

Silence filled the air as the guards were primed and ready. All the while Broly remained still. His stern expression hid the focus in his mind. By sensing the energies within the guards, he could tell when one would move.

To which he did. His left brow twitched from sensing a Pegasus guard charging in from his rear left with his metal club at hand. But as the guard got in position, Broly merely shifted right. Allowing the guard to swing at nothing. Surprised that Broly dodged him without even looking. Then the second guard charged in. The Earth Pony being one of the few to fight with his bare fists. But his punch missed when the taller Saiyan shifted aside. Despite the guards being impressed by the Saiyan’s reflexes, his expression hadn’t changed in the slightest. Almost looking disinterested.

Seeing how quick the Saiyan was, the lead Stallion used his magic to magically enhance himself before he too charged in. Joining the first two. But his punches too were evaded by Broly. As he spun around, Broly swung his right arm out. While deliberately missing the three guards, the sheer force of the swing unleashed a powerful gust of wind that blew the surprised three away. The guards tumbling as they skidded across the gym. Much to the shock of the others, whom all felt the breeze of Broly’s comeback.

But before the fight to carry on, the lead stallion rushed to his feet while raising his hand up. A sign for the mock battle to pause.

“Wha-Wait! Time out!”

Surprised by the guard’s actions, Broly paused as he listened to what he had to say.

“W-we did say that this was for fun, right? So could you hold back that strength? You know… start small?” He said. He and the others were startled by the Saiyan’s attack.

Broly blinked in confusion before he gave his reply.

“I am starting small.”

The whole room froze from hearing the reply. The guards remain awestricken by Broly’s power. Yet, he claimed that he was in fact holding back.

“Oh? Y-You are? Is that a fact?” The lead stallion uttered. Shaken by Broly’s power and feeling that he may have in fact bit more than he could chew.

When Broly spoke next, he was addressing all the guards in the large room.

“All of you are holding back too much.”

The anthro guards flinched from what Broly said, to which turned into startlement from what the Saiyan was about to suggest.

“If you want to fight me, fight me… as if you want to kill me.”

The guards froze from Broly’s words. Did he truly want them to go that far? Was their current attempts really that feeble? Some of them paused in thought. Given how strong he was compared to them, it would make sense for them to really try. But to go so far as to try to actively murder him? They weren’t sure if they could go that far.

“If you can’t do that, then this is pointless,” Broly added. Trying to explain to the ponies that they have to try harder.

There was a pause. But as Broly was about to walk, he suddenly heard a rush of footsteps running towards him. Glancing to his side, he saw an Earth Pony mare rushing at him with her battle axe overhead. She then leaped into the air, ready to swing down. Broly shifted back, leaving the weapon to strike at the very spot where he was standing. The Saiyan looked at the blade imbedded in the ground and the mare who swung it. He was slightly surprised mentally. That strike was just as he explained. Intended to kill. The others noticed too. Much to their surprise.

With a loud grunt, the mare pulled the weapon out of the ground and swung it at Broly once again. The tall alien tilted his head back. Leaving the weapon to pass above his face. Despite the heavy weapon at hand, the mare kept swinging. Each attempt to strike the Saiyan. But after evading another attempt, Broly got behind her pressed his hand against her back. Giving her a forceful shove that sent her tumbling to the ground.

“Are you alright!?” One of the guards asked as he ran up to the fallen guard.

But as she rose back up on her feet, using her axe as support, the slightly dazed mare spoke up.

“Don’t you see what he’s trying to teach us?”

The onlooking guards looked at her in puzzlement before she continued.

“We may have to face aliens in our own battles someday. He have to fight with the intent to kill. If not, than we would be the ones to bite the dust.”

The guards paused in realisation. And some even remembering what had happened some days ago. They weren’t present at the moment, but they remembered very well what they were told. It was during the battle with Turles. The alien warlord had murdered two of their members. Seemingly with little to no effort too. It was a heavy blow to their morale.

They then focused on the present. Could it be the reason why Broly wanted them to fight as if they wanted to kill him? A kind of alien training for them to toughen their resolve? Their will to fight in a life and death battle? With a new mindset, most of them regained their focus and prepared themselves. Broly too readied himself. He could see the newfound determination in the faces of the royal guard. He hoped that their fighting skills would improve. Even by a slight margin. And just in time for the crowd to gather by the gym entrance. Other guards and even the maids paused to see what was unfolding. Especially since it involved their otherworldly visitor.

One Pegasus mare charged in with her short sword in tow. Thanks to her lightweight weapon and her perfect timing of her wingbeats, her assault on the Saiyan was quick. But the reflexes of the alien was superior. With the same neutral expression, he effortlessly dodged her swings. But she was joined by a Pegasus stallion with a similar blade. Then by an Earth Pony who tried to cut in when he could. The onlookers and the other guards were staring in awe. Three of their guards were engaging with everything they had, yet Broly was able to dodge them with hardly any effort. Almost like a blur. For the Saiyan, because of the guards’ low power, their supposedly fast speed was like slow motion for him. Broly reading their moves like a book.

‘They’re trying. But their attacks are too simple.’

By ducking down and throwing his hands apart, Broly released a small ki burst. While weak by his standards, it was more than enough for it to blow the three away. The guards yelled in surprise.

Then as Broly rose back up, the Earth Pony mare from before readied her axe with another overhead swing. As she swung down, she was expecting Broly to move out of the way. But instead, and to her shock, the Saiyan blocked the blade with the back of his wrist. His hands weren’t even balled into fists. Yet, the big blade struck the skin without even leaving a single scratch.

“What!?” She exclaimed in surprise. Just the idea of one using his bare skin to block the weapon was suicidal. Yet Broly was tough enough to pull it off.

With a slight shove, Broly sent the mare reeling back. Then as he saw the large group of them charging at him, he decided to demonstrate the sheer power of his strength. Pulling his right fist back, he threw a punch out towards them. The blast of air from his attack ploughed through them. Blasting them away.

The rough tumble caused them pain. But it was to be expected in mock battles. They wouldn’t let a stumble stop them. At least, that was what they mentally told themselves. Some of them were in fact out of commission. Knocked out by either taking Broly’s attack or by the tumble. The onlookers were in awe at what they were seeing. Some of those guards hadn’t even got a chance to fight properly. And they were out of it by a single attack.

After sensing a sudden rise in energy, Broly turned to see three of the Unicorn guards were preparing an attack spell. With the colours of red, green and blue, three beams of magic were fired from their raised palms. But as the attacks streamed towards Broly, the Saiyan turned to backhand them away. Sending the attacks back to their senders. Exploding by their feet. The onlooking crowd gasped in awe. They had never seen anyone capable of deflecting magic with their bare hands.

As the magical cloud from the explosion faded, the three Unicorns were struggling to stand back up. Despite the armour they wore, it did little to protect them from the force of their own attacks. Not that it would help them against an all-powerful Saiyan.

Despite their best efforts however, Broly’s expression remained the same as when the mock battle started. The royal guard may be having a hard time. But for him, it was too easy. Turning towards the lead stallion, both his hands and horn glowed bright blue in magical energy. He held back for a while. But seeing his comrades engaging the alien warrior made him feel left out. Getting his act together, he decided to participate in what he started. Firing a large blue beam of magic, the attack sped across the gym towards the awaiting Saiyan. But rather than blocking or countering, Broly decided to take the full force of the attack. A large explosion followed as the result of the magic colliding with the alien. Concealing him in a cloud of magical smoke.

The stallion paused in confusion. Wondering why Broly would allow himself to be struck by his attack. It was followed by the looks of uncertainty from the other guards. As well as the look of concern from the ever-growing crowd outside the gym. But a silhouette could be seen through the smoke. Then, emerging into the clear was the unharmed Broly. Hovering just off the ground as he glanced down on the anthro ponies. Unseen by the naked eye, the guards all felt a little shiver up their spines. Seeing the Saiyan levitating and looking down on them was quite an intimidating sight.

The lead stallion let out a nervous gulp. Feeling that he and his comrades won’t last much longer.

‘Well… so much for my idea of showing how tough we are.’
………………………………………………………………………………………......................................................

Meanwhile back in Twilight’s castle, the lavender Alicorn was in the middle of tinkering the Terra-Freezing pod. With both her tools and her magic, she was able to dismantle the outer casing. She then moved onto one of the four cloud dispensers. Carefully trying to separate it from the rest of the large machine.

“Almost… got it,” She said as she gently twisted the mechanism from the machine.

With patience, she was able to succeed. The dispenser held in her hands. But her finger just caught a wire. Causing the dark cloud to vent from it. After a quick yelp of panic, Twilight was able to turn it off. Breathing a sigh of relief.

“Good. Don’t want another early winter to happen again.”

As she placed the component on her desk, she turned towards the scouter that was beside it. Holding it in her hand, Twilight pressed a button on the side. Making the scouter beep as it booted online. The Alicorn princess eyeing the red view screen.

‘From what I’ve seen, these scouters blow up after reading high power levels of others such as Broly. Possibly from overheating. But Turles was smart enough to have a limiter on this one.’

She then glanced towards the Terra-Freezing pod.

‘But with how that freezing pod works, it might be possible to use it to stop the scouter from overheating. It can read a high-power level without blowing up.’

She then smiled at a fun thought.

‘It would be fun to see just how much power Broly truly has. Well… if this works.’

But her thoughts were interrupted by her rumbling stomach. Remembering that she had yet to have breakfast.

“Well… it’s a good time to have a break.”

Placing the scouter back on her desk, Twilight wasted no time in leaving her basement and back upstairs. Not realising that she had left the scouter on. After letting out several loud beeps, it registered an individual’s power level seemingly at random. Locking onto the details of the person. An Earth Pony mare in Canterlot.

Her current battle power… Eighty-Five.
……………………………………………………………………………….................................................

In the hallways of the castle, a pair of royal guard mares were present. Having just left their changing rooms. The anthro Pegasus, Magnolia, had a glum look on her face. Rubbing her head in frustration.

“Urrgh. Sometimes I just can’t believe you.”

Walking beside her, the anthro Earth Pony, Velvet Willow, could only reply with a sheepish, yet guilty grin.

“Heheeh. I did say I’m sorry. But I had no choice.”

Magnolia cringed at the memory of what happened early in the morning. It was barely sunrise, but she was woken up by a knock on her front door. Only to be greeted by a sheepish Velvet. Including all of her belongings packed in numerous luggage. Leaving the Pegasus dumbfounded in dismay.

“Things really aren’t going well with your old man. Right?”

“Nope. Me and father had a… disagreement. So he cut me off. Now I can’t afford my own place,” Velvet explained. Painfully lamenting what happened.

She then turned towards her best friend. Her hands clasped each other as if her prayers had been answered.

“I really appreciate you helping me, Mags. You’re truly the best.”

Magnolia then grew a little smug from the praise.

“Hmm. It’s not every day that the great Velvet Willow would come crying for help.”

She then frowned at another problem.

“But I only live in an apartment. Trying to fit in all your stuff is going to be tough.”

She then rested her chin on her hand. An idea forming.

“Maybe we can sell some of your stuff. Probably worth some money.”

“Please no!!”

Magnolia chuckled from Velvet’s reaction. Though in truth, he was only messing with her. A form of payback for what happened. But there was one more thing she had to deal with her friend. The main cause of her irritation.

“But still. You have your beef with your dad for a while now. Why didn’t you mention it yesterday? It would save us from all the rush this morning. I’m surprised we were able to make it on time.”

“Well, I was. But when you were talking about Broly being in Ponyville. And saw him in action against that green giant. I guess I got so excited, I forgot.”

Velvet tried to look innocent, but she couldn’t fool Magnolia. She knew her too long for such a trick to work. She then fell silent as she looked at her Earth Pony friend. Thinking back to the reason why Velvet wanted to meet Broly so bad. Making a guess in her mind that the reason why… was because of her gift. She just couldn’t shake the feeling away.

It felt… important.

She then noticed the long-haired guardsmare looking at her.

“And you got to see him in action. You get all the luck.”

The word ‘luck’ was something Magnolia didn’t entirely agree with.

“I wouldn’t say that, Velv. That giant almost killed me.”

Velvet paused in shock at what her friend said. Surprise filled the tone in her voice.

“Wait! You didn’t tell me that part!”

“Didn’t I? I thought I did?”

“I would’ve remembered something like that!”

Velvet took a moment to breathe. Trying to comprehend the thought that she had almost lost her best friend. She then became curious.

“How did you survive?”

“Well actually. Broly…s-saved me.”

Her speech stuttered for a moment. For a moment as she tried to explain, a mental image appeared in her head. It was the moment when the Saiyan rescued her from certain death. Being held in his arms.

‘Whoa. What was that about?’ She thought to herself. Surprised that the moment stayed with her.

But Velvet was oblivious to the stutter. Blinded by another fact.

“Wait! So, you got to see him up close!?”

Magnolia could see that Velvet’s interest in the Saiyan had resurfaced. Much to her relief. She didn’t want the Earth Pony to make fun of her in any way. But the question made her think of that mental image again. Almost blushing.

“Y-You could say that.”

Then Velvet revealed the reason for her enthusiasm.

“Tell me! How muscley is he?”

“…Huh?”

But the two were interrupted by the sounds of commotion down the hallway. Seeing the guard members, both on and off duty, rushing down into the next hall. Confused, Velvet and Magnolia rushed over to the stampede.

“H-Hay! What’s going on!?” Velvet asked.

Luckily, one guard paused just enough to reply.

“It’s the alien, Broly. He’s being challenged by the other guards.”

The guard left to join with the others. Leaving the surprised mares alone. But out of the two, it was Velvet who was the most stunned. Her eyes wide with disbelief.

“What. Does… does that mean…? H…He’s here? Right now?” She uttered quietly to herself. Shock gripping her voice.

Magnolia paused in thought. She figured that the Saiyan would still be in Ponyville with Princess Twilight. But for some reason, the members of the guard challenged him. Though she was puzzled as to why they would do it. But even more puzzled as to why Broly would agree to it.

But the timing couldn’t be anymore worse for the two. They have to be at their posts soon. Meaning that they couldn’t get a chance to see. Which was bad news for her Earth Pony friend. Though she was a little disappointed herself.

“Oh. Shame we have to be on duty soon, hey Velv.”

But as she glanced over to where Velvet was standing, she saw her dashing past her vision and down the same corridor as where the others ran to.

“V-Velvet!?”

“I’m not passing this chance! I have to see him!!” The mare said as she turned around the bend. Leaving the Pegasus to groan before flying after her.

After turning around several bends through the hallways, Velvet soon saw a mass gathering of both guards and even maids crowding the entrance of the castle gymnasium. All of them looked stunned at what they were seeing. Just as Magnolia caught up, Velvet dashed away again with surprising speed. Trying to force her way to get to the front of the crowd. Grunting as she struggled to move with Magnolia following behind her.

Then, finally reaching the front of the crowd, Velvet paused with wide eyes of awe. Her sights finally falling on the subject of her fascination since the Turles incident. Dotted around the gym were numerous defeated guards. Either too worn out to move, or straight-out unconscious. Some guards who weren’t involved in the fighting tried to drag the beaten out of the way of any harm. Very few were left standing. All tired out, but unwilling to give in. And standing at the very heart of the room, was the unscaved Saiyan himself.

After seeing another guard trying to charge at him with a large metal hammer, Broly lunged at him before ducking down. Using his leg to sweep the guard clean off the ground. A Pegasus attempted to jump him with a lance. But Broly caught it before swinging both it and the stallion away. Falling hard as he landed on the ground. Then the lead Unicorn guard tried a new trick. Using his levitation magic, he lifted most of the fallen weapons into the air. To which he then hurtled them towards the Saiyan. But the alien’s reflexes were supreme. Dodging them with total ease and even deflecting them with his palms and feet.

Then with a stomp of his foot, Broly caused the ground to tremble. Rattling the lead Unicorn enough for him to lose focus of his magic. As soon as his magic ended, the guard froze. Only for exhaustion to take over. Falling to his knees as he huffed for breath.

As Broly eyed him, the last two guards try to jump him from his sides. One with his hammer again and the other with his armoured fists. But despite seemingly not noticing them, Broly blocked the attacks. His clenched right fist against the hammer, and his left wrist countered the other guard. He then threw his arms out, knocking the two away with raw strength alone.

Finally caught up with her friend, Magnolia too paused from the mock battle in front of her. But not from the efforts of the other guard members. She knew full well that they never stood a chance. But from seeing Broly in action once more. It was strange to see him fight. Even against her own kind. It felt otherworldly. Just like him.

As she watched on, she spoke to Velvet.

“Well, there he is. So, what do you think of him?

But she didn’t receive a reply. Much to her confusion.

“Umm… Velvet?”

But glancing over to her side, Magnolia froze from what she was seeing. With her hands pressed against each other as if making a prayer, Velvet looked completely ecstatic. Panting excitedly with an overjoyed expression as pink hearts appeared in her eyes. Then as Broly threw a guard over his shoulder, the enthralled mare spoke up. All the while staring at the Saiyan. Getting into great detail.

“Just look at him, Mags. Those arms of pure muscle. Not an ounce of fat on them. Those perfectly sculpted abs that could grind the toughest corn. And the nape of his neck… so solid…so strong.”

She then summed up her thoughts in her own words. Her voice full of pure ecstasy.

“He’s…. EYE CANDY!!!”

The startled Magnolia had finally learned the truth. Much to her disbelief.

‘Is Velvet for real? THIS… was the reason why she wanted to see Broly so badly?’

Her expression deformed to match what she was thinking.





‘SHE WANTED TO SEE HIS MUSCLES!!?’

Author's Note:

Hay everyone! Sorry for being so late.

I have a confession to make. For the past couple of weeks, I have been very busy at my work place. Doing extra overtime. But because of that, I have little to no time at all to properly work on this chapter. I'm surprised that I had the time to write THIS much. In fact, this chapter was originally going to be much longer. But with the promise of making this chapter in August, as well as to get started on other projects, I decided to split the chapter in two. This one being the first half of what could've been a longer chapter. I just didn't want to keep you waiting any longer.

Plus, Velvet's obsession over muscles is a reference to a recent anime. See if you can guess.

PreviousChapters Next