• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 8,960 Views, 376 Comments

The Legend of Broly - I-C-U-P



Released from his stone prison to fight the oncoming powerful foes, the residence of Equestria placed their hopes on the most unexpected saviour. Broly.

  • ...
28
 376
 8,960

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2 (Prologue): Arrival of the Monstrous Warrior

In the void far beyond Equestria, there laid a universe teaming of lifeforms. While some were lower lifeforms that only co-exist on their home planet, others were powerful warriors that some considered to be gods. Well…considering that some had the power to blow up planets, some would assume so. Either forming unstoppable armies or becoming tyrants that controlled an empire.

One such warrior race were the Saiyans. A powerful ape-like species that get stronger the more they fight. But what made the Saiyans unique were their legends and tales. One of their most popular stories was the one about an invincible warrior.

A Super Saiyan.

With their war-like pride, and the tale of the Super Saiyan to back them up, as well as the mythical legend of a ‘Super Saiyan God’, the Saiyans were successful in their conquest.

But it was the same legend that brought them to their near extinction. Because when a powerful tyrant heard that the Saiyans were getting stronger, and fearing that the legends he mocked were becoming true, he decided to wipe them out from existence.

While sparing a few of his ‘most loyal’ solders, including a Saiyan prince, the tyrant destroyed their home world. Hopefully bringing an end to the legend.

But a few numbers survived their apparent genocide. One of which was an extraordinary baby. Despite only being a few days since his birth, the child had an immense power level. While other Saiyan babies were born with a power level of two or above, he was born with a power level of ten thousand.

His name was Broly.

The reason why he was born with such tremendous power… was because he was a living legend. Aside from the more popular stories of the Super Saiyan and the Super Saiyan God, there was another. While not as known as the former two, it was the one most feared. Even to the royal family.

The Legendary Super Saiyan.

What else made Broly unique, was his unfathomable hatred towards another Saiyan. A low-class baby born with a power level of two.

After the two became separated after the near-death of their race, fate eventually brought the two together years later. To fight each other in an epic battle.

Broly however lost his fight to his hated enemy and was left to die on a dying planet. But after miraculously finding his space pod, he made a hasty escape from the doomed planet.

As he drifted through the emptiness of space, his pod would’ve made its way towards a little planet called Earth. But in a startling turn of events, a purple wormhole opened in his flight path, and pulled the Saiyan pod within. Then after being transported through time and space, the pod emerged from the other side. In a region of space unseen by Saiyan eyes.

After more moments of floating through the void, the Saiyan pod found itself approaching towards another small planet. Similar to Earth.
………………………………………………………………………………………….................................................................................

Equestria, The Crystal Empire

Years before its fall, the Crystal Empire was one of the main attractions of Equestria. A crystal kingdom, home of the crystal ponies, and protected by the Crystal Heart.

Inside one of the homes close to the castle, lived a little colt. He was a Unicorn who’s gray with black hair and tail. His name was Sombra.

Unaware of his dark future, the boy’s main hobby was learning magic. But after learning about the existence of dark magic, he became curious. He questioned his teachers about the subject, but they preferred not to answer. So Sombra spent his days borrowing old books from the library to learn as much as he could.

As he was reading, his subconscious… liked what the books said. As if the promise of power and rule would be satisfying for him. Was it just a playful child imagination? Or the first step into becoming a formidable sorcerer?

But his reading was interrupted when he felt something… off. It’s as if the air around him suddenly changed. Curious of what was going on, the young Sombra opened his bedroom window and looked out to the night sky of the empire. After a few seconds of waiting, his sight caught a glimpse of something red in the cloudy skies. As the object entered a clear part of the sky, Sombra saw what looked like a shooting star descending towards the ground.

Sombra was amazed at the sight. But as quickly as it came, it fell behind a nearby mountain and vanished from sight. What came next was a loud impact and the ground trembling from the vibrations.

As the sounds stopped and the vibrations faded away, the young Sombra looked out to where the space object crashed. No doubt the rest of the empire felt the impact.

“Wow. A shooting star,” The small boy said in awe. Unaware of what the object truly was.
…………………………………………………………………………………………...........................................................

At the crash site behind the mountain, lying in the middle of a giant steaming crater, stood the round space pod. As the hatch of the pod opened, a very large muscular man crawled out. Dragging his injured body on the snowy ground, leaving a trail of oozing green blood behind.

The man was huge. Roughly over nine feet tall. His hulking muscle mass exceeded anything Equestria had ever seen. His attire was made up of white baggy trousers and a red sash. The sash was tattered, and the trousers had holes where the knees were. The sash was held up by a golden belt with a blue gemstone on it. He also wore golden boots, wristbands and a necklace which also had blue gemstones on each one. On each of his ears he wore golden hooped earrings, his spiked hair was emerald green in colour, and his eyes were pure white and featureless. Void of any colour or pupils. The green blood was dripping out of an open wound he received in the middle of his muscular chest.

The man was Broly… in his Legendary Super Saiyan form!

After crawling about eight feet from his space pod, the Legendary Saiyan had only enough strength left to turn himself over onto his back. Lying down, breathing heavily form exhaustion, he looked up at the Equestrian night sky. His wound was exposed to the elements. But because of his extraordinary power, his healing was more advanced than normal. But it still was a slow, painful process.

But grieving in pain was the last thing on his mind. As Broly continued looking at the night sky, he envisioned what caused his defeat.

Back on New Planet Vegeta, Broly was at the height of his power. Overwhelming all opposition with absolute ease. Even against four to five foes, they couldn’t hurt him.

But out of all his enemies, only HE was left standing. A man wearing orange and blue. The very same Saiyan that tormented him once when they were infants.

The Super Saiyan named Kakarot. Or as his earth friends call him… Goku.

Having obtained the power of his four allies, Goku had temporarily risen in power to match Broly. With the two Saiyans at full power, on the crumbling planet they stood upon, the two charged each other. One with intent to kill, and the other with intent to defeat.

The two threw their punches, but Goku’s landed a hit on Broly’s chest. With all his energy channeling into his final blow, the punch pierced through Broly’s flesh. Causing his power to go haywire and explode. It was a miracle he even survived.

As the vision of his defeat replayed in his mind, Broly continued to catch his breath as he stared blankly at the sky. Hating the name of his tormentor.

“Ka…K…Kakarot!”

As his power began to fade, his body suddenly changed. His height shrunk by two feet, his muscle mass reduced considerably, his oozing green blood changed to crimson red, his emerald green hair changed to bright gold, and his eyes regained their pupils. Orbs of greenish-blue stare at the sky.

The new form he took on was in fact his Super Saiyan form.

As he continued to rest on his back, breathing heavily, the atmosphere around the crash site began to cool. The hot ground made by the impact had melted the ice and snow around Broly. Water slowly rising up against his broken body. But as the air cooled, the freezing winds of the Frozen North start to come in. Slowly freezing the newly formed water.

Ice began to form all around Broly. But despite the freezing temperatures, he was still breathing. But as his body became half incased in an icy tomb, exhaustion finally came in for the Legendary Saiyan. After taking his last breath, he dropped out of his Super Saiyan form and fell into a sort of coma. In his base form, his eyes became black. The same with his roughed, shaggy looking hair.

As the unconscious Saiyan slept beneath the ice, the elements of the outside world continued to bury him in ice and snow. Within the hour, the entire crash site was buried. And remained hidden for many years.

Until one day…
………………………………………………………………………………………….............................................................................

Twenty years later

During the course of the following years, the grown up Sombra had achieved the power that he desired. And proclaimed himself as the Crystal Empire’s new king. After he clamed the crown, the evil king began to make slaves of the citizens. Keeping them as his prisoners as he ruled with an iron fist.

Fearing that the Unicorn would plan to invade all of Equestria, the two Alicorn princesses, Celestia and Luna, decided to take action. Equipped with their weapons and battle armour, the two stormed through the empire to fight King Sombra himself.

But as soon as the battle started, the princesses had underestimated the Unicorn. Shocked to discover that his magical potential almost rivaled their own. Even two on one, the fight was hard fought.

As the fight continued, the crossfire freed some of the captives. The innocent fled their prisons to their homes or even go as far as to prepare to leave the empire. Despite their fear of the tyrant, they were grateful to have their two saviors.

As the battle reached outside of the castle, Luna found herself separated from Celestia. Leaving her to deal with Sombra alone.

In the air, Luna reached her hand out to fire several bursts of blue magic at the running Unicorn. But by reverting himself into shadow, the blasts flew straight through him and into the crystal ground. After regaining physical form, Sombra fired a green beam from his glowing red horn at her. But Luna was quick to put up a forcefield to block the attack.

The dark Unicorn then readied himself as Luna landed not too far away from him.

“Why don’t you give up?” He asked as a large crystal scythe appeared in his right hand.

“Surrender to you!? Never!” Luna answered as a blue sword appeared in her right hand.

Then surrounding herself in a blue arcane ring, she used magic to propel herself towards Sombra. Raising her sword to her right with both hands clenched onto it, she prepared to swing it down on the dark sorcerer.

Meanwhile, on the city outskirts on the other side of the empire, Celestia was in a middle of a fight of her own. Because Sombra didn’t had time to convert his slaves into mindless warriors, he created shadow warriors from his own magic. Armed with her blade tipped spear, she swung it overhead and slashed it into a group of three shadow warriors. Being made up of magic, the creatures merely fade away from existence.

After readying herself, Celestia found herself surrounded by the snickering creatures. Despite her predicament, she was confident that she could beat them.

Also, there was something more important to worry about.

‘Just as I thought. He separated us so he could fight one on one. That coward! And Luna is with him.’

Desperate to get back to her little sister, Celestia’s horn glowed bright. Charging a ball of magic in her left hand.

“Don’t worry, Luna. I’m on my way. HAAA!” She said as she fired a golden beam of magic from her hand. Aimed right at the shadow warriors.

Back at the main event, Sombra and Luna were clashing blades with each other. While the Alicorn used her wings and the Unicorn used his levitation spell, the two hovered above the crystal road as they attacked. As the two wrestled each other for strength, Luna managed to push Sombra’s scythe aside. She then spun around and slammed her armoured foot straight into the tyrant’s gut. He gagged in pain as he felt air escaping him. As the blow caused him to skid backwards a couple of feet, he briefly hunched over with his left hand on the ground for support.

When he looked up, he could see Luna glaring at him as she landed back on the ground. Her sword pointing towards his head.

“You are indeed strong… but face the facts Sombra. Thou are no match for my experience,” She said as she glared at him more. Not tearing her gaze away for a second.

To her confusion, Sombra chucked as he began to stand back up. Looking at her right in the eyes with a cunning plan.

“True. But my knowledge of dark magic outweighs your pathetic experience.”

After forming a purple ball in his left hand, he fired it straight into the sky above their heads. Both Sombra and Luna looked up to see its ascent. But as it disappeared from view, to the princess’s surprise, a giant purple arcane ring appeared in the sky for only a second. The sounds of the activated spell filling the air.

As the sight and the sound of the unknown spell faded, nothing happened at first. But then to Luna’s shock, the ground briefly shook.

“What is this!?” She asked as she recomposed herself.

Sombra merely gestured his hand towards the crystal castle.

“Why don’t you see for yourself?”

Looking to where King Sombra was pointing, Luna gasped in fright. Horrified at what she saw. One by one, slowly but surely, the buildings and the frightened citizens of the Crystal Empire started to fade away. Plus with the Crystal Heart hidden away by Sombra himself, nothing was protecting the palace from suffering the same fate. The top of the towers too slowly started to fade from existence.

“What have you done!?” Luna demanded as she snapped her head back towards King Sombra.

Sombra briefly laughed at her before answering.

“Isn’t it obvious? I placed a curse on the empire. A last resort if I should ever happen to lose. So if I can’t have the Crystal Empire, NOBODY CAN!!!”

As the evil tyrant laughed loudly at her, Luna realised the horror of the situation. By causing the empire to fade away, then it would mean they had failed to protect it from him. The citizens would suffer another kind of imprisonment. One of which might have no return.

“You… you knew you would lose to me and my sister… and yet you still did this regardless!?”

Feeling hatred and rage towards Sombra for his actions, Luna charged up her magic into her left hand. Forming a blue ball of destructive magic.

The blue Alicorn was furious, but just seeing Sombra’s face as he looked at her tipped her over the edge.

“You… YOU MONSTER!!!” She shouted as she fired a powerful blue beam straight towards her enemy.

But with one slash of his magically charged scythe, King Sombra managed to deflect the blast away. He then laughed at her for attempting to attack him.

But what both Sombra and Luna didn’t realise, in fact what all of Equestria didn’t realise, was that Luna’s energy blast would cause an unforeseen chain reaction that would change history forever.
………………………………………………………………………………………............................................................................

Far away from the battle, a group of two crystal pony families had already fled the empire. With the train station guarded by Sombra’s shadow warriors, the only refuge the group could think of was by the nearest mountain. Hoping to find a cave of some sort as they trekked through the deep snow.

“Quick! Over there maybe our only chance!” The father of one family stated.

“Hay look! The empire is fading away!!” The father of the second family shouted.

After hearing what the crystal pony said, the whole group stopped and looked back. Only to see that he was right.

“No. Our… our home! It’s gone,” The mother of the first family said. Saddened by the sight of the vanishing city while holding a baby colt in her arms.

But then, the mother of the second family alerted them all to an incoming threat.

“Up there! Look out!!”

As all eyes looked up, they too saw an incoming blue magical beam heading straight towards them!

With the snow too deep to run through, the only thing the group could do was lie down and hope not to get hit.

Luckily, the attack struck the ground ahead of them. The resulting explosion caused some patches of snow around the mountain to slide away. One of which, partly exposing an icy tomb.

The sudden loud noise from the explosion also caused the baby colt to get upset. After loudly sobbing, he started to cry as tears fled his closed eyes.

The mother immediately tended to her child.

“Hay, hay. It’s ok. It’s ok, sweetheart. Everything is going to be alright.”

However, the colt continued to cry.

Loudly.

And with the vast expanse of the Frozen North, the cry echoed for miles. Reaching all the way to the other side of the mountain. And towards the icy tomb.

Within the tomb, the unconscious body of Broly laid in the same position he had been for years. The only sounds he could hear were the occasional avalanches and the whistling wintery winds.

But suddenly, a new noise reached his ears. A new but… familiar noise.

At first, nothing happened. But as the loud cries continued to linger, they breached his mind. Despite being frozen in ice, Broly’s expression drastically changed. His closed mouth exposed his gritted teeth, and his closed eyes began to squint. He even began to grunt in annoyance and hatred.

The reason he was acting up, because the constant cries was reminding Broly of what happened to him back in his infancy.

He began to remember what happened on the day after his birth. He was lying in a cot in the maternity ward. Normally a calm, quiet baby. But he was constantly disturbed and traumatized by the constant cries of the Saiyan baby next to him.

His cries went on for hours. Unrelenting. Seeming to no end. The loud noises constantly frightening to the infant Broly’s ears.

But it wasn’t just that. The heart-breaking pain he felt from being stabbed in the chest, and the terrifying sight of his home world being destroyed. To him, the events all linked up to that crying infant.

That baby. That…Kakarot. Kakarot.

Kakarot!

Feeling the primal power and rage swelling from within, far beneath the ice, Broly’s loud grunting slowly turned into letters. Which then turned into his most hated word.

“Ka…K…Ka…karot!”

Unable to control the unfathomable hatred within him, it caused him to immediately ascend to the level of Super Saiyan! His hair spiking up and taking on the bright blondish-golden colour. The sudden power surge also caused his icy prison to crack.

As his grunting continued to get louder, his eyes snapped open. Revealing greenish-blue eyes of pure malice and vengeance.

“KAKAROT!!!”
…………………………………………………………………………………………..........................................................................

Back with the group of crystal ponies, the mother finally calmed her baby down. The colt stopped crying, but remained frightened.

“There you go,” The mother said warmly as she cradled her child.

“Ok. Now let’s move before…!”

The father of the second family was interrupted when to their surprise, the snowy ground beneath them started to shake. The vibrations kept growing to a point where half the group lost their balance.

“What’s going on!? Is it an avalanche!?” One of the crystal ponies asked as he tried to stand back up.

“I’m not so sure!” Another replied.

But then to their shock, the ground started to change colour. The white snow transformed into a shade of green. Again, to their surprise as the ground continued to shake, storm clouds began to form around the mountain. Sparks of lightning striking near the base of the tall peak.

As the confused but frightened group looked back at the ground, they noticed something else. The green glow in the ground seemed to be… leaving them. As if the colour that surrounded the mountain began to condense towards it.

But as soon as the green glow vanished towards the mountain base, the entire area suddenly became engulfed in an explosive green light. A blast so strong it reached to the skies and parted the clouds. Almost like a powerful bomb.

But the blast was only brief. As quick as it came, the bright light faded away. Revealing nothing but smoke and steam.

The two families averted their eyes and ducked down when the explosion occurred. And when the blast faded and the tremors stopped, they slowly rose back up to see what had just happened.

And were horrified at what they saw.

“The… the mountain! It’s… It’s gone!!” One of them shouted.

It was true. Beyond any reason of their understanding, the blast from the explosion completely vaporized the tall peak. In its place was a massive crater.

The group were scared and puzzled as they gazed at the sight of carnage. But through the smoke and steam, they could hear a… pulsating sound. As if a powerful flow of energy was nearby.

Also through the cloud of vapor and ashes, they could see a golden light within the crater. Slowly getting brighter. Almost as if… something was rising.

Indeed it was. As the group of crystal ponies watched on in fascination, which then turned into fear, they could see someone rising out of the crater. His attire was strange, his hair was golden and spiked. A powerful golden, flame-like aura surged around his body. And his facial expressions were both neutral and violent.

Broly had risen once more.

The Legendary Saiyan rose up a few feet above the crater before stopping. After condensing his Super Saiyan aura back into his body, more of his physical features could be seen. One of which was a noticeable reddish mark in the middle of his muscular chest. Which was in fact the same wound he once received. But as it healed overtime, it became a large red scar.

As Broly turned his sights downwards, his eyes laid upon the frightened group of crystal ponies. All trembling in sight of the unknown being.

“It’s…it’s some kind of monster!” One of them said as he took a fearful step back.

With hatred and vengeance on his mind, Broly didn’t care for the anthropomorphic creatures. Deciding to end their lives, he raised his left hand towards them and opened his palm. Preparing to fire a ki blast at them.

Frightened at what the otherworldly being would do to them, the group immediately began to turn and run as best they could. But before they could get very far, they suddenly felt as if they couldn’t feel their bodies. Looking down, they could see to their horror that their legs were fading away. Along with the rest of their bodies.

They tried to run, struggle and scream, but they could do nothing from being cursed along with the rest of the empire. King Sombra’s curse effects not just the empire, but the citizens that lived there as well.

As the confused Broly watched on as the crystal ponies faded from view, he lowered his arm back down to his side. Wondering what just happened and what were they.

But his ears caught the sounds of distant explosions. Turning his head right, he could see the vanishing form of the Crystal Empire in the distance. As he stared on, he could feel three active power levels. Two of which were close together and nearer to him.

As he looked over in their direction, Broly could see two energy beams firing off in separate directions. Both didn’t felt like ki, perhaps something else.

But that didn’t matter to him. Because while one of them was dark green, the other beam of energy was blue. Just like the Saiyan he fought back on New Planet Vegeta. He too fired a blue beam at him once. And it was the very same person he despised the most.

“Kakarot!” He shouted as his expression darkened.

With his mind on vengeance set, Broly began to move. Flying towards the oncoming fight, and unintendedly becoming part of Equestria’s history.

Author's Note:

Hello guys! I'm back!

After gaining some spare time, I decided to use it to make another chapter to this story. And I apologise if you thought the next chapter would be a continuation of the first chapter. But you all need to know what exactly happened at the fall of the Crystal Empire. So the next few chapters will be prologues.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Leave a comment. Leave a like. And I'll see you soon.

PreviousChapters Next