• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 8,993 Views, 376 Comments

The Legend of Broly - I-C-U-P



Released from his stone prison to fight the oncoming powerful foes, the residence of Equestria placed their hopes on the most unexpected saviour. Broly.

  • ...
28
 376
 8,993

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29: Bonds of Friendship / Broly the Gentle Giant?

The horrendous ordeal with Lord Slug was over. But there was still one final hurdle for the pony group had to confront. Celestia and Twilight flew through the air ascending to the freezing clouds above. They opted to bring Broly. But since they were only dealing with a machine, they believed that they could handle the task.

Learning from Rainbow Dash’s experience earlier, Celestia began to cast her spell. As soon as her horn lit up, both she and her former student were concealed in a transparent orange sphere. Designed to keep put the cold while warming up the inside. As soon as the two entered the clouds, the two Alicorns were immune to the freezing temperatures outside. Being the one to cast the spell, Celestia felt the cold slamming against her barrier. She was surprised at the sudden change. But finally understood how such cold clouds could affect the land below. Equestria truly was going to freeze.

The two then paused within the cloud. Suddenly finding it very hard to breathe.

“This… is as high I would dare go, Twilight. There’s little air… up here,” Celestia explained. Having to breathe heavily just to talk.

Twilight too was having trouble.

“That machine thing… should be around… here somewhere.”

After several moments of gazing at the dark clouds, Twilight spotted a silver object some distance away.

“There! That has to be it!”

Following to where Twilight was pointing, Celestia too saw it. Flying across the sky, the two were soon right below the object. To their surprise, it was still very high up. But could just make out the clouds being emitted from it.

“Yes! That’s it. The Terra-Freezing pod.” Twilight said. Glad to have spotted it.

“Twilight. You take it down. I need to keep this barrier up,” Celestia added.

Twilight powered up her magic as her horn lit up bright purple. But as she looked up at the machine, she mentally came to a last-minute decision. A solution other than destroying it.

After changing her spell, Twilight raised her hands and fired her magic straight up at towards the machine. Thanks to Celestia, the beam was able to pass through the barrier. But the white Alicorn noticed that the magical beam was blue rather than purple. Meaning that it wasn’t Twilight’s attack spell.

When the beam struck the Terra-Freezing pod, the machine suddenly surged with electricity. The magic short-circuiting the device. Within seconds, the midsection of the machine stopped spinning. So did the clouds that escaped from it. But with the machine shut down, it began to plummet back down to the ground. Celestia pulled back, expecting the machine to fall right by them. But looking to her side, she could see Twilight preparing something. The smaller Alicorn’s arms were reared back to her sides as her sights were square on the falling pod.

“Wait for it. Wait for it,” She said quietly to herself.

Then just as the pod fell in front of them, Twilight let out a loud yell as she quickly thrusted her hands forward. Her horn and hands glowing bright with magic. As she did, the large machine suddenly came to a halt in front of them. Surrounded in Twilight’s magical hold, it was snared by her levitation spell.

“G-Got it!” She said. A small smile crept on her face.

Celestia however was unsure what Twilight was planning. Especially with a machine that was spelling doom to their world.

“Mind telling me what you’re up to?”

Not wanting to sound like the bad guy, Twilight gave her reasons for her actions.

“Well… this is alien technology after all. I would like to study this.”

Through all the years she had known her, Celestia always knew that Twilight was the curious one. But while there was no harm in studying, she hoped that her former student wouldn’t get too careless. The last thing she wanted was for the Terra-Freezing pod to start up again.

But a beam of sunlight caught the attention of the pair. Surprised, Celestia and Twilight glanced up to see the dark clouds parting away. The two smiled from seeing the clear blue skies again. The same could be said for all the souls down below. All eyes noticed that the clouds were rapidly receding. With the Terra-Freezing pod out of action, the skies became clear once more. Restoring Equestria back to how it was.

The two Alicorns descended back down to meet with their friends and families. But just as the group cheered for their success, they were immediately confused as to why Twilight possessed the machine. To which she gave the same answer she said to Celestia.

Unbeknownst to them, the off-duty guardsmare Magnolia made her way back to the train station. Despite taking the day to visit Ponyville, Canterlot was her home. Besides, there was something she had to tell her best friend.

But when the group got back into town, they were met with what seemed to be every pony in Ponyville. One stallion brought the attention to everyone else as soon as he saw the approaching group.

“Hay everypony! They’re here!”

To the surprise of the arrivals, the crowd quickly gathered around them. Some staring in awe at the towering form of Broly. Especially the colts and fillies. The young children finding the alien awesome.

“W-What’s going on here?” Celestia asked. Puzzled as to the sudden activity. To which the mayor of the town explained.

“Well, your highness, the whole town witnessed the battle with that evil green giant. We saw him from here. But we saw his defeat by who I can assume is Broly here. So, we as a town decided to throw a celebration for his victory.”

The ponies and dragon were surprised at what they heard. Lord Slug’s defeat was only just moments ago, and already the town wants to celebrate. Broly was the one who was the most surprised. No one had ever wanted to honour his actions in the past. Though granted, he was uncontrollable at the time. But to have just… anyone to give cheers and praise for his good deeds was something he didn’t expect in the slightest.

But the one to give the loudest gasp of surprise was Pinkie Pie.

“WHAT!!? You all were going to throw a party!? WITHOUT ME!!?”

Despite the shock from the outburst, the mayor knew the pink mare too well.

“Well, we still need help with the preparations. And there’s only one party pony I know who could throw a party on very short notice.”

Understanding the hint given, Pinkie Pie quickly vanished before reappearing with her party cannon by her side.

“LET’S PARTY!!!” She declared as she pulled the cord on her cannon. Firing a cloud of confetti.
…………………………………………………………………………………………..........................................................

Within less of an hour, a new party was in full swing. Even as evening was beginning to set in, the whole town was as lively as ever. The one pony who wasn’t feeling as festive as the others was Luna. Who was still trying to recover from having her magic drained from the actions of Slug’s minion. But despite feeling weak, she tried her best to keep being positive for her citizens. Giving them gentle smiles and waves. Her mood was further improved when Celestia joined her at a table.

“Here. I got you a drink,” The older sister said as she passed a glass of punch to Luna.

Celestia had a look of concern from seeing her sister weakly picking up her glass to take a sip. Trying to keep her hands steady as to not spill.

“Thanks sister,” Luna said. Thankful to Celestia’s kindness.

“How are you feeling, Luna?” The concerned Alicorn asked.

Fortunately for her, she received positive news from Luna.

“Slow progress, but I am getting better. See?”

In display of her returning power, Luna was able to light up her horn in blue magic. It was flickering, but it was there. Much to Celestia’s much needed relief.

“Thank goodness. I was worried it was permanent.”

After a quick glance at the sky above, Celestia chose to relieve Luna of her responsibilities for the night.

“Let me raise the moon tonight, Luna. Take all the rest you want.”

Luna was taken back by the sudden level of kindness. However, the suggestion made her think of the thousand year burden the white Alicorn endured during her banishment to the moon.

“A-Are you sure?”

Celestia reassured her with a warm smile.

“It’s fine Luna. No need to worry. Your recovery is more important.”

Despite her insecurities, Luna breathed a sigh of relief. With what little magic she had, she knew that it wouldn’t be enough to move the moon anyway. Celestia was right. It was far important for her to recover as quick as she could.

But there was one particular sight she was seeing that could put her on edge. Her sights were drawn to a huge gathering of colts and fillies of all ages. But among them, the centre of their attention, was the towering form of Broly. The Saiyan looking perplexed while being surrounded from all sides.

The blue Alicorn grew worried from the sight. Almost trying to get up from the table. But the sight of the Cutiemark Crusaders made her pause. The three standing in front of Broly.

“Hay, Broly. Can you do that thing again with your arm?” Sweetie Belle asked while holding her arm out to the side.

Realising what the young Unicorn was talking about, as well as remembering doing it before, Broly copied Sweetie Belle and stretched his clenched muscular arm to his side. Rushing to his side, Sweetie Belle wasted no time in jumping up to grab a hold on his wrist. Using it like a monkey bar, she began to swing.

“Look. He’s so strong, I can’t move his arm,” She said.

Seeing how much fun Sweetie Belle was having, Scootaloo and Applebloom both had the same idea.

“Hay. Let’s try,” The Pegasus said.

Joining Sweetie Belle, the other two crusaders attached themselves to Broly’s outstretched arm. But no matter how much they swung, the three couldn’t budge the Saiyan’s limb. The sight very amusing to the onlooking children.

Luna paused. Completely stunned at the sight before her. She could just understand the grownups adjusting to the Saiyan’s presence, but she never imagined the children to be enthralled by him. She thought they would be scared of him and keep their distance. Or even be intimidated by just the sight of him. But no. They were giving him smiles of awe and admiration.

She then turned to her sister, who was smiling at the sight. Not an ounce of worry from her at all.

“A wonderful sight, isn’t it? No one fearing him. Even the children,” She said.

Luna turned back at the scene unfolding. More kids were having fun. A bunch of them trying to budge Broly’s other outstretched arm. All the while laughing as Broly just silently staring at them in bewilderment. Wondering what was so entertaining.

Seeing the sight caused Luna to think. Not just about Celestia’s plan. But the future going forward.

“Sister? You truly think he could turn good?”

Celestia looked to Luna in surprise. But not from the question, it was from the tone. Ever since the beginning, Luna resented Broly for his past actions at the Crystal Empire. Even just talking about the Saiyan, Luna always had an aggravated tone in her voice. But that one question. There was not a single trace of that same spiteful tone. Was Luna… doubting herself? Questioning that Broly was more than just a vengeful monster? For the white Alicorn, it was a very big step. She then gave her reply.

“Just see for yourself, sister. He really is trying. Just give him more time.”

Luna paused in thought before speaking again.

“I still don’t trust him. But…”

Her thoughts went back to the battle with Lord Slug and his minions. And the moment Broly arrived on the scene.

“…I am grateful.”

Despite a bit of doubt present in Luna, Celestia was deeply relieved that her little sister was beginning to warm up to Broly. Hopefully in time, Luna may even call Broly… friend.

But then the children spoke of something that made even Celestia worried.

“Oh, and he could even shoot lasers from his hands!” Scootaloo stated.

“And he could even turn the whole world green!” Applebloom added.

The rest of the children all let out gasps of awe at the news. Even some of the grownups seemed stunned when they overheard them. But then the children all suggested something that made the onlooking Alicorns tense.

“Let’s see it!”

The children all let out chants of agreement. All wanting to see Broly’s powers on display. As for the Saiyan himself, he was completely startled by the demanding kids making such a suggestion. Making him all the more perplexed. Seeing her alien friend having trouble, Sweetie Belle spoke to him what to do.

“Hay Broly. Just try shooting at the air. You won’t hurt anypony that way.”

Seeing the sensible logic in the Unicorn’s words, Broly saw no harm in simply firing at the open air. His attacks could simply ascend to the heavens out of harms way. Steadily feeling confident, Broly slowly raised his arm up in the air. The children and the onlooking citizens silently eyed his clenched fist. As for Celestia and Luna, the anxious pair felt tense. And yet, something was holding them back. Stopping them from interfering.

Then it happened. The second Broly opened his palms wide, the entire world around him was suddenly shrouded in green light as the sound of energy could be heard. High in pitch. The scene was much to the surprise of all the ponies within the town. The children especially awestricken with the new environment around them. Then another high-pitched sound was heard as the green world began to condense towards Broly. Closing in on his hand. Then as the green glow gathered above his palm, a small flex of his fingers caused it to form into a small ball of ki. Again, to the awe of the onlookers. Then with a second flinch of his fingers, Broly fired the ball of energy. Giving off a burst of sound as the sphere shot up into the sky with the speed of a thunderbolt. Disappearing into the evening sky above.

The children were in an uproar in excitement from witnessing such a spectacle. Completely in awe at the display of the Saiyan’s power. To the onlooking Alicorns, they breathed a sigh of relief. Glad that nothing bad happened.

“I think you should have a word with him, sister,” Luna said.

“I thought him flying would give them more than enough excitement,” Celestia added.
…………………………………………………………………………………………........................................

As for the rest of the group that were present in the battle with Lord Slug, they were mingling with the partygoers. Pinkie Pie letting out balloons for everypony. Rarity and Spike chatting with the other citizens. Fluttershy staying beside Rainbow Dash to see if she needed help with anything due to her sore arm. Which was once a gaping hole caused by the wicked Namekian. Applejack meanwhile was with her two family members.

“Well Granny, what do ya think about all this? Ah mean, with the whole alien thing?”

Granny Smith turned to the orange mare after a sip from her cider.

“Ya say that’s the same fella who helped ya with the fields yesterday?” She asked. To which the younger Earth Pony answered.

“That’s right. The same guy.”

To the Element of Honesty’s relief, the older mare chuckled in response. To which then went into a burst of laughter. She then glanced over to Big Mac with a cheeky remark.

“Ya better watch out, Big Mac! Ya got some competition on ya hands when it comes to work!”

Applejack chuckled when she understood what Granny Smith meant. Broly did in fact produced more results from his single day of hard labour. To which made the anthro stallion a little envious. But still smirked from the upbeat mood from his family.

Near the outskirts of the town, Starlight Glimmer was enjoying a bit of quiet time to herself while eating some snacks. It had gotten very lively in town and just needed some space for a moment. But she was still smiling from the fact that everyone was happy from the fact that they got to live another day. If Lord Slug succeeded, then the whole world would’ve been nothing but a frozen wasteland. She was just happy that everything turned out alright. No pony had lost their lives.

But her moment of peace was on hold from the sight of Broly approaching her. The tall Saiyan glancing at his surroundings. As if he was looking for something. Curious as to what was going on, the Unicorn approached the alien warrior.

“Hay, Broly? What’s the matter? You look a little lost.”

Seeing the mare approaching him, Broly turned his attention to her. The look of puzzlement on his face.

“Have you seen Twilight? She’s not here.”

Starlight was about to answer… only for her to not give a reply. She was just as confused as the Saiyan. Much to her surprise.

“Y-You know, I don’t know. I thought she was with you.”

Broly shook his head in dismissal. Confirming that the Princess of Friendship was not with him. But after several moments of thinking, the anthro Unicorn realised something. Twilight had been unusually absent for the whole evening.

“Now that I think about it, I hadn’t seen Twilight since the party started.”

She began to think back to when she last saw her Alicorn friend. It was just after the party was announced. When Pinkie Pie was busy preparing the sudden celebration, Twilight was seen heading to her castle with the deactivated Terra-Freezing pod in tow. Then nothing. Twilight wasn’t seen again.

“I think she’s still in her castle,” Starlight concluded.

Believing the Unicorn, Broly nodded before turning towards the local castle. After several steps, the Saiyan took to the air. Hovering towards one of the open windows of the castle. Levitating inside, Broly made a firm landing on the hard floor. The room he was in was dark. The only source of light being the evening sun outside. Using his senses, Broly began to track down Twilight’s whereabouts. Taking him down to the ground floor. It was there where he saw some light. Then noise behind the closed door that lead to the basement. But as Broly approached the door, it opened up. Revealing the lavender Alicorn. The mare let out a startled yelp of fright from suddenly having the Saiyan right in front of her.

“Oh, it’s just you Broly! Thank goodness.”

The Saiyan raised an eyebrow in uncertainty. The yelp Twilight let out sounded much fearful than one should when they get startled. What’s more, once she found out that it was him, she looked very relieved. Surely, she would’ve known he was coming. She could’ve sensed his energy with her magic. To him, it meant that she was distracted. Possibly the reason why she wasn’t outside.

“Umm… what are you doing here?” Twilight asked him. To which the confused Saiyan replied.

“You’re not outside.”

Twilight stuttered as she realised.

“O-Oh, right… the party. That’s right. I got distracted putting that alien machine away. Oops.”

Broly grew more confused by the minute. It shouldn’t take someone like her hours to put the Terra-Freezing pod away. Furthermore, the Alicorn was acting very strangely. Not how a very smart pony should be. She then ran past him as she spoke again.

“I’ll meet you outside! I’ll just get ready!”

As Broly watched the purple mare run upstairs, he stood there with a stern look. It was not just her attitude. But the atmosphere she was giving off was different. Full of haste and urgency. But he also felt something else. As if… he could tell that something was putting Twilight off her game. Maybe something…upsetting? Was she… upset?

Going with his instincts, Broly followed Twilight up the stairs and found himself in the castle library. As he entered the room, he saw the Alicorn princess rushing around. But her movements were very sloppy. He wasn’t even sure if she was even looking for something. She checked those draws twice already and didn’t even take anything out. He was more than certain. Something had gotten to Twilight.

“Twilight,” He addressed.

His voice caused Twilight to yelp in surprise again as she quickly spun around. Only to see the Saiyan again.

“B-Broly! I…I told you I’ll meet you outside!”

Broly took a moment to really look at Twilight. Though quiet, she was panting for breath. At first, he assumed that it was her rushing around. But her body wasn’t sweating as much. What’s more, there was her eyes. Her purple orbs looked distressed. Which was strange, since the danger was over. So, something else was worrying her. Ignoring her comment, Broly got straight to the point.

“Is something wrong?”

The Alicorn was quick to deny anything.

“N-No. Nothing’s wrong. Everything is fine,” She said as she turned back to the cabinet. Resting against the wooden frame on the top of the draws.

It was confirmation to Broly. Something really was wrong with Twilight Sparkle. She was obviously upset. And was trying to hide it from him. With her being in the castle, possibly trying to hide from everyone else. With his friend obviously distraught, he was not going anywhere. He wanted to know what was wrong with the anthro pony.

“Twilight,” He said. Trying to get her attention. But not the way he wanted.

“Everything is fine! Yes! There’s nothing wrong! We’re… we’re going to be fine. N-nothing can go wrong.”

Broly began to see another change to Twilight’s behaviour. Her voice was beginning to shake. As if hidden in her words, an emotion was trying to get out. An emotion of what she was really feeling. It was further confirmed when, while resting on the frame, her hands trembled as her fingers clenched. And her breathing began to grow heavy.

Broly was more certain than ever at what was happening. Despite all the denial, Twilight was upset. Wanting to get to the bottom of it, he spoke again. His voice becoming a little sterner.

“Twilight.”

Hearing him calling her name caused the mare to feel a shiver up her spine. Her wings twitched in response. Slowly, her ears began to tuck back. A clear sign that she was sad. A sign Broly picked up from his lessons with Rarity and Fluttershy.

Wanting to understand what was wrong, Broly spoke again. His tone slightly softer.

“What’s wrong?”

The Saiyan took note on Twilight’s form. Her whole body began to tremble. She truly was upset. Then as she stood up, her head kept low. Then he saw something that surprised him. He could just see from the side of her snout. He saw tears. Streams of tears were dripping from her eyes and down her face. Twilight was crying.

The young princess turned around to face Broly. Surprising him by her expression of sadness and fear. He could see it all in her watery eyes. She then revealed the cause of her mood.

“I’m… I’m scared, Broly.”

Broly looked at her in surprise. She was scared? But why? What was there for her to be scared off? In reality, the scariest thing at the very moment was himself. But it wasn’t him she was referring to. Twilight then tilted her head down. Trying to hide her eyes behind her bangs. But the tears could still be seen. She then spoke again. Explaining her sadness.

“It’s been on my mind for a while. But today… with Slug… it made it all the more true. We’re… we’re so powerless!”

Broly flinched in response to Twilight’s outburst. Her confession a big shock to him. He remained silent as Twilight continued. No longer holding back her insecurities.

“We tried our best. We gave it our all. But… but we… we couldn’t do anything to him. Or his minions. We were fighting for our lives. But they just laughed at us.”

She began to think of the casualties of the battle.

“Big Mac. Rainbow Dash. They got badly hurt. And…!”

She paused when the mental image of the conflict reached to her. First was the image of Lord Slug pointing his finger at the downed Applejack. Ready to end her life with a finger beam. Then the second image, which would haunt her for life, was one when the tyrant prepared to kill her. Just moments before Broly arrived to save her.

“If you hadn’t been there. We would’ve been…”

Twilight didn’t need to finish her sentence for Broly to understand. But it didn’t stop the Saiyan from feeling shocked that the Alicorn would even be thinking about it. Twilight then turned away. Tears still raining down her face.

“It’s not just him. Turles too. And those alien invaders. They all wanted to cause death and misery. And what about the next time? Another threat that would come. But why? Why do they keep coming here? What has our world ever done to deserve it?”

She began to crouch down on the floor. Sitting upright while huddling her knees close to her chest. Unable to take the stress anymore, she wrapped her arms around her legs and buried her face in her knees. The upset mare huddling into a ball.

“I don’t think I can take much more of this. All these near deaths. What if you arrive too late? What if you weren’t here at all? We… we would’ve been done for ages ago.”

Twilight began to cry more. Sobbing as she pressed her face harder into her legs. The onlooking Broly couldn’t believe it. Did Twilight always felt that way? Keeping her emotions bottled up within her? Did the invasions scared her that much? Being an all-powerful Saiyan warrior, Broly never really understood fear. There was very little for him to be scared of. But he could only imagine the kind of feelings Twilight was going through. But he began to think back to the events of his past. All those lives he destroyed. The planets he blew up. Even going as far as the foes he faced on New Vegeta. Those who didn’t partake in the battle. What Twilight was feeling, did they feel the same about him? When he was the aggressor?

He never paid mind to it in the past. But with Twilight, his friend, going through the same thing, it was something he couldn’t ignore. How could he? She was one of the first who ever tried to befriend him. In fact, she was the first to reach out to him when he was unstable. He could still remember her voice calling out to him. So to see her so distraught was causing a stinging sensation within him. A felling he never expected to experience. Was it his old wound he was feeling? No, it was his heart. Was it?

It didn’t matter where the feeling came from. Because on Broly’s mind, he wanted to help Twilight. Trying to think of a solution. Hearing her sobbing was only increasing his resolve. He wanted to help her. But unlike before, not resorting to heroics or some amazing power. He was going to help her not as a Saiyan. But as a friend.

And he thought of the only solution. Something a friend can do.

For Twilight, she felt alone in her sadness. Unable to take her mind of the horrors she went through. As well as any future threats from the stars. So preoccupied with her mental struggle, she failed to listen to Broly’s footsteps. Approaching her from behind. Her ears then caught the sounds of shifting. She then felt something brushing against her feet. Opening her eyes, Twilight let out a gasp of surprise to find herself sitting with Broly’s legs either side of her. The tall Saiyan sitting behind her. Then just as she tried to grasp what was going on, two muscular arms wrapped themselves around her front. To which then pulled her against a well-built chest. Not so much as to crush her. Whatever upsetting feeling the princess felt was entirely replaced with a look of complete surprise. She was being held in Broly’s embrace. Something she never even imagined possible would happen.

“W-Wh-WHAA!!? W-What are you doing!?” She asked as she tried to look up to see his face. Clearly surprised at his actions.

But the answer he gave her was just as surprising.

“I’m hugging you.”

Twilight froze with the stunned look on her face. Was he… trying to comfort her? The large Saiyan then explained himself.

“Fluttershy taught me. When a friend is hurt, or upset, you give them a hug. She says it makes them feel better.”

Twilight’s look of surprise transformed to complete astonishment. Broly not only had learnt a lesson from one of his friends, but was even using the knowledge to try and help her. She was upset, and Broly was trying to cheer her up. He was trying to make her happy. A sign that despite only knowing the anthro ponies for a couple of days, Broly truly cared about them. He would never have done so otherwise. The Princess of Friendship was mentally blown away by the development. Was Broly really understanding what it means to be a friend?

Curious if his attempt of a hug was paying off, Broly glanced down at Twilight with a question.

“Is it working?”

Twilight paused. But with the possibilities of Broly’s future becoming more apparent, she couldn’t help but smile. Not just that the hug was cheering her up, but the fact that the one doing the hugging was Broly. The Legendary Super Saiyan. A warrior feared even by his own kind. The person who lived a life of torment and cruelty. One would think he was never capable of being so gentle. Of the fact that he could be so kind and considerate to others. But there he was. Defying even her own expectations. It was all the more reason for Celestia’s plan to succeed. In fact, her idea of redeeming Broly was working far better than they had imagined. She doubt even Celestia would expect such a development to unfold so soon.

Her smile grew even bigger. Whatever worries she had within her were melted away. Both from the warm feeling of her wellbeing and the warmth of Broly’s body she was being pressed against.

“Yes, Broly. I feel so much better now.”

The Saiyan was expecting the Alicorn to get back up. Having been cheered up. But to his surprise, Twilight leaned further back as she could finally breathe easy. Pressing harder against his chest while stretching out her legs. Getting comfortable. He could see the smile on her face. She really liked the hug he was giving her. So he stayed put.

The two remained still for a while before Twilight broke the silence.

“It’s amazing when you think about it.”

“Hmm? What is?” Broly asked. To which the princess answered.

“You’re this great Saiyan of Legend. You have this great power that everyone fears. And yet…”

She continued after getting more comfortable in Broly’s embrace.

“…you can be such a sweetheart. No one would’ve believed it.”

Her smile grew more as she continued.

“I shouldn’t worry too much. Since you’re here protecting us.”

It was Broly’s turn to speak. Himself surprised at how honest he wanted to say.

“These feelings are new to me. I never fought to protect anything before. I… I don’t want you hurt.”

He then said something that peaked Twilight’s attention.

“You’re not like the others.”

“Oh?” Twilight uttered. Surprised to hear his sentence. But was surprised even more so by Broly’s next choice of words. Slowly turning her head to look at him in shock as he continued.

“I like your friends. They’re… my friends too. But you’re more than that. You’re like…”

Broly paused as he briefly struggled to find the right word. Thinking of some of his pony friends as he found such a word.

“…family. Like Applejack… with her family. And Rarity with that little one. Her sister.”

Broly’s attention was gained when he heard the stunned tone of Twilight’s voice.

“Broly!?”

The Saiyan glanced down to see the look of startled awe from the Alicorn. The Princess of Friendship was clearly not expecting such a speech from him. But even more so from what he was trying to say. She just couldn’t believe it. Thinking that she was just hearing things. Being so unsure of what she was thinking, she just had to ask Broly. A question that she couldn’t believe she was thinking, let alone asking.

“Y…you see me… as a sister?”

Broly didn’t have to speak to confirm that it was what he was feeling. Just his stare was all that was needed. Twilight was beyond awestricken from the truth. Broly… the Legendary Super Saiyan… saw her as a sister figure! Much like how he subconsciously saw Celestia as a mother figure. But there, the Sun Princess reminded him of the Saiyan woman who he believed was his mother. So to Twilight, for Broly to confess that he saw her as a sister was completely out of the blue. Broly himself wasn’t entirely sure why he felt that way.

“I don’t have any siblings. I don’t know how it feels to have one. But maybe… it’s like this?”

Feeling that he may had done something wrong, he questioned his actions.

“Is this not right?”

Flabbergasted by the whole discovery, Twilight briefly stuttered. But seeing that such a relationship might actually help benefit Broly’s wellbeing, she felt that she shouldn’t deny him of such an attachment.

“N-No, it’s not that! It’s ok. It’s just… surprising.”

As she spoke, the young Alicorn couldn’t help but feel flattered. Smiling from such thoughts.

“I mean… being friends with you is amazing enough. But… for you to think of me as a little sister…”

Twilight couldn’t finish her sentence. Just the idea of having a second big brother was as surprising as it was heart-warming. And with him being a very powerful person made her feel all the more safer. If things go astray, he would be there to protect them. To protect her. His little sister. A young mare that Broly called family. She remembered the day when she first met him when he was released. Back then, she would’ve never expected for things to turn out in such a way. She then took a moment to think back to his past life. Then comparing it to the present.

‘To think that he was the same person as back then. The difference to how he is now is like night and day.’

Broly took note at how quiet Twilight was being. Glancing down at her with a questionable look.

“You want me to move?” He asked. Thinking that the hug had done its job.

But to the surprise of the Saiyan, Twilight leaned back further into him. Practically resting up against him.

“No. Let’s… stay like this for a little bit longer,” She replied as she began to close her eyes. Her smile remained on her face as she fell into the alien’s embrace. Hearing the sound of his heartbeat.

With the young Alicorn being all snug in his arms, wanting the hug to last longer, Broly obliged. Sitting there silently as he watched the mare getting comfortable. He then looked at the open space ahead of him. Reflecting on all that had happened in the past few days. Despite the conflicts with the alien warlords and their minions, he had been more at peace in a couple of days than he ever had throughout his old life. Paragus, his father, was the one who turned him into a living weapon of destruction and war. The old man would be turning in his grave if he ever saw his son being so tender to a creature like Twilight.

‘I like it here.’ He thought to himself.

Hours passed. Evening gave way to night. And the party was coming to an end. Many of the anthro ponies ventured back to their homes. The princesses Celestia and Luna returned to Canterlot. And Spike and Starlight Glimmer walked through the doors to Twilight’s castle.

“Well, that was fun!” Spike said as he rubbed his belly. Having enjoyed the food at the party.

Starlight meanwhile had a puzzled look on her face.

“It’s strange. Twilight hadn’t been at the party at all. But when Broly went to find her, he vanished too.”

The young dragon looked just as confused as his Unicorn friend.

“I wonder what’s been going on.”

But as the two entered the hallway, they saw a light in the doorway to the library. Entering the lit room, the two were startled to see Broly sitting on the floor with his back to them. Hearing the footsteps, Broly looked over his shoulder to see them enter.

“There you are, Broly. Where have you been?” Starlight asked. Wondering why he didn’t return outside.

“Don’t talk loud,” Broly replied before facing away.

Confused by the Saiyan’s reply, the puzzled Spike and Starlight approached him. When they got in front of him, they were met with a very surprising sight. Their friend, Twilight Sparkle, was sitting between Broly’s lap, fast asleep. Her head resting against his chest. And from how Broly had his arms crossed in front of her, it was a clear sign that it was a hug from behind. But what made the sight more stunning was that it was Broly who was giving the hug.

Failing to hide the awe in her voice, Starlight spoke up.

“Wha. What… happened here? You didn’t come back.”

“Twilight was upset from what happened today. So I made her feel better,” Broly explained.

Spike was especially amazed by the length of time that passed.

“So you’ve been here on the floor the whole time?”

Broly nodded before glancing back down at the sleeping Twilight.

“She didn’t want to leave,” He said.

The two smiled at the scene. It was just heart-warming to see. Celestia would be ecstatic if she was there with them. But all good things had to end.

“As nice as this is, we need to get her to bed. You can only sleep on the floor for so long,” Starlight said.

Deciding that it was for the best, Broly obliged. Careful not to wake up the slumbering mare, he carefully adjusted his body to enable him to carry her in his arms. Standing to his full height, the sleeping princess nestled in his hold, he turned to Spike as the dragon walked ahead of him.

“I’ll take you to her room. It’s this way.”

With Spike leading the way, Broly followed. Carrying the sleeping Twilight towards her bedroom. Taking another glance at the mare he called sister. Staying behind, Starlight couldn’t help but smile at the scene. Broly truly was changing form how he once was. Changing for the better. Not just for the safety of their world. But for Broly himself.

“Looks like I would be writing that letter for Celestia tonight,” She said to herself. Referring to the daily updates of Broly’s redemption.
………………………………………………………………………………………...................................................

Canterlot Castle

Within the halls of the castle, Velvet Willow had just finished her shift. Having returned her weapon of choice, she made her way down towards the changing rooms. Her annoyed expression was shown. The once disadvantage of wearing the standard issued armour was that it took a long time to get it on. While it was easier to get it off, but there were times where she didn't felt the need for armour at all. She found them a nuisance to maintain. Not to mention it limits her manoeuvrability.

“Urrgh. Can’t wait to get this off.”

As she passed the royal guard canteen, her ears caught the sounds of commotion. She saw that gathering around one table, was a large group of ecstatic guard members. All of them seemed to be converging with a single individual. She then approached them. Curious as to what was going on.

It turned out the hot topic for the guards was Magnolia. The Pegasus mare startled by the crowd as they bombarded her with questions. Knowing full well where she spent her day off.

“Tell us! Was he really as strong as they say!?”

“Did he really beat that giant green guy!”

“Was he as fast as a lightning bolt?”

“Woah! Woah! Settle down everyone! It’s just as I said!” Magnolia replied. Trying to calm the masses.

As the crowd discussed amongst themselves, Velvet caught up to her best friend.

“Hay Mags!”

“V-Velvet!” The Pegasus replied. Taken by surprise by the sudden arrival of one of Canterlot’s best guardsmares.

“So, what’s going on here?” The Earth Pony asked. Wondering what the cause of all the excitement was.

With the one mare she really wanted to talk to within earshot, Magnolia was more than keen to tell her how her day in Ponyville went.

“Well, you’re not going to believe this,”

Magnolia then shared what happened down in Ponyville to Velvet. Meanwhile on a separate table, a stallion guard had just finished writing a letter addressed to Ponyville. Smiling in confidence at what he wrote.

“Hmm. I hope he would accept the challenge.”

Back with the two mares, Velvet let out a loud gasp of disbelief. Amazed and shocked at what Magnolia told her.

“WHAT!!? You mean Broly was down in Ponyville the whole time!?”

Magnolia couldn’t help but chuckle at her friend’s reaction.

“That’s right. Guess your hunch this morning was wrong, huh?” She commented. Reminding the Earth Pony mare about the bet she made to herself.

Velvet groaned in annoyance from the truth. She was so sure that the Saiyan would be in Canterlot.

“Uuuuugh! Why didn’t I take the day off too!? This stinks.”

Velvet continued to moan unprofessionally. Again, Magnolia couldn’t help but chuckle at the sight. She then paused to take a look at her friend. Thinking back to what she discovered back in Ponyville. And the possible connection between Broly and Velvet. The reason why the Earth Pony wanted to meet the Saiyan so badly.

‘Velvet. Ever since we first met, you always had this gift. That made you stood out from the rest. Could that be the reason? The reason why you wanted to meet him so much?’

Author's Note:

Here we are. The aftermath of the Lord Slug arc.

Sorry that it had been a while since the last update. It was meant to be released in late March, but work commitments was partially to blame. The other reason was how to bridge the last chapter to the next phase in the story after this chapter. I eventually came to a decision that further expands Broly's bond with Twilight. How he views her differently to the rest.

I hope you all like this little chapter. Please leave a comment. Leave a like. And I'll see you all later.

PreviousChapters Next