• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 8,993 Views, 376 Comments

The Legend of Broly - I-C-U-P



Released from his stone prison to fight the oncoming powerful foes, the residence of Equestria placed their hopes on the most unexpected saviour. Broly.

  • ...
28
 376
 8,993

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16: The Adolescence of Broly / The Fall from Grace

While remaining motionless in Broly’s mind, the group took a moment to process what they had just witnessed. Just as they thought things couldn’t get any worse for Broly in his past, more horrific things had happened.

“I still don’t believe that actually happened,” Rarity said. Like the others, she was shaken from the experience.

“And the way she died like that. It ain’t right,” Applejack joined. Remembering the death of Pruna.

Starlight began to feel upset.

“You’re right, Applejack. This isn’t right, at all. Broly was nearly killed as a baby. Lost his home planet. And then the person he saw as a mother was taken away from him. Why is life being so cruel to him?”

The group took a moment to think of what Starlight was talking about. It seemed that wherever Broly goes, his life kept turning upside down. Almost like he was doomed to have bad luck.

Starlight’s question was one that not even the Royal Sisters had an answer for. All they could do was move on. Using her magic, Luna summoned forth more orbs of light. Pathways to Broly’s past. But like before, a large majority of the orbs were dim and couldn’t be viewed. She eventually found one. But from seeing how dimly lit it was, the memory was very short. She then turned her attention to the others.

“Are we ready to carry on?”

The group were hesitant to reply at first. They had just witnessed two events in Broly’s history that left them emotionally scarred. They weren’t entirely sure if there could be more to come. But despite their doubts, they all nodded in agreement. They were on a mission and they wanted to see it through.

With a flash of her magic, Luna transported herself and the others through the orb. But only to find that the memory was so brief that she struggled to hold the memory in place. Causing her to put in more effort to keep the memory stable.

The group eventually made it through to the memory. But found themselves in a dark room in the middle of night. After quickly looking at their surroundings, they found Broly sleeping in his bed in the corner of the room. The boy had aged up once more. Possibly resembling an eight-year-old. But confusion dawned on them when they saw him. Despite in a deep sleep, it wasn’t a pleasant one. The boy constantly shifted around in his bed uncomfortably. Grunting in distress. What’s more was that he was sweating, and his hands kept clenching into fists.

Luna knew exactly what was happening. To which she openly explained her thoughts.

“He’s having a nightmare.”

But it wasn’t an ordinary nightmare. From how the child was acting, the thoughts that ran through his head were very unpleasant. Despite her mastery of dream magic, Luna was unable to see into the thoughts of one who himself is a memory. But she didn’t need such ability for her and the others to know what Broly was thinking about.

Beyond the child’s control, his mind kept bringing him back to what happened on Planet Vampa. Though a couple of years had passed since the terrible event, it was something that Broly could not accept. The sight of Pruna’s lifeless body and feeling the uncontrollable rage that followed had burned into his subconscious. What’s more since the day he became a Super Saiyan, other traumatic parts of his life had reemerged. Thoughts that went all the way back to the events of Planet Vegeta.

Then as he envisioned himself exploding in anger, the young Broly screamed himself awake. Sitting himself up in his bed as he took in deep breaths. Trying to calm down.

The group could see the shock on Broly’s face as he started down at his bed. But just before the memory ended, most of the group spotted his changed of expression. As he glanced up from his bed, the ponies saw a different look. The look of hatred.

Back in Broly’s mind, the group discussed what they had witnessed.

“I think we all know what Broly was having nightmares about,” Twilight said. Wanting to hear it from her friends.

“Yeah. It’s about what happened in that last memory we saw,” Rainbow Dash said.

The others remained silent from remembering the events on Vampa. Then Fluttershy spoke up.

“But did you all see that look on his face before the memory ended?”

As the group all looked at the yellow Pegasus in surprise, most of them knew what she was talking about.

“Yeah, I did. He looked… really mad,” Shining Armor uttered.

Unsure of what outcome the revelation would lead, Luna spared no second thought and searched for another memory orb to look into. But like before, a lot of Broly’s memories were lost. That was until she found one at last.

“Ready?” She asked before preparing her magical spell.

Seeing that the Moon Princess was about to see into another memory, the group all focused their attention back on her. With the group ready to go, they entered into the next memory. To their confusion, they found themselves in the same dark room as before. After a quick look around, they found Broly lying in bed once more. At first, they thought that they were in the same memory. Even Luna thought so. But upon closer inspection of the young Saiyan, his features showed that he had been aged up again. Possibly in his tens. Which meant that the Saiyan was in the same location for a couple of years.

But like the memory before, Broly was tossing and turning in his sleep due to the trauma he experienced on Vampa. No matter how long he had been fighting the nightmares. No matter how much his father told him that it was only his dreams. It did nothing to calm the stress of his mind. It seemed as if every night, his mind continued to unravel. The group had no words to speak of. The sight was too depressing and disheartening.

It once more ended up with Broly gasping for air as he woke up from his slumber. Breathing heavily as his eyes stared blankly at his bed sheets. Some of the ponies could see that the young boy wanted nothing more than the nightmares to go away and leave him in peace. But his traumas had gone on for far too long.

Celestia especially frowned at the sight. Really wanting to step in to help. Only to remember that the events were all in the past. They had already happened.

“Broly,” Celestia whispered in remorse. Seeing that him losing his mother figure had tortured the boy for so long.

But what caught their attention next was that Broly turned his head to look out at the window. Eyeing out at the hills in the distance. The group were confused as to why Broly was looking out the window. But after looking back at the boy, they could see that his expressions became slightly darker.

What was actually happening was that the boy could sense the energies of many people over the horizon. Possibly in a large city. The Saiyan sensed the citizens countless times since his stay on the current planet. But recently, he felt differently towards them. He could imagine all those people gathering together. Possibly plotting something. Either against him and Paragus, or on each other. The thoughts however were reminding him about the gathering of the Saiyan survivors back on Vampa. How they all ganged up on him and Pruna. And how it all ended with their leader killing the female Saiyan with an attack that was aimed for him. She died because he dropped his guard.

He began to grunt in anger and hate. His feelings tapping into the power within. His rise in energy caused his aggression to steadily peak. The ponies and dragon could all see it in his eyes. The eyes of a person who wanted vengeance.

It was exactly what Broly was thinking. Because after letting out a frustrated grunt, he surprised the group by jumping out of bed and flying out of the room. Smashing straight through the brick wall and speeding outside.

“Let’s go, Luna!” Celestia said to her sister. Wanting her to take action.

“Right,” The blue Alicorn replied before using her magic to levitate herself and everyone else off the ground and followed Broly out of the hole in the wall.

By the time the group caught up with the young Saiyan, they were speeding across the hills and valleys in the middle of the night. But when they caught up with him, most of the ponies were shaken at how furious Broly was being. His eyes showed complete anger.

“W-What’s going to happen?” Fluttershy uttered, both scared and saddened at how Broly was turning out.

“I don’t know. But I can imagine that is not going to be good,” Celestia replied.

They continued to follow Broly all the way towards a giant city. The land illuminated with bright lights that shined from the buildings. The group were almost amazed at the sight, but their focus was taken away from the sight of Broly stopping in his tracks. Levitating in the air as he looked down on the city.

The group were nervous of what Broly was about to do next, but the Saiyan knew exactly what his degrading mind was telling him. His homeworld and his mother were taken away from him and his life had been threatened far too many times. The young boy finally had enough. The universe itself seemed to have tried to kill him and ruin his life. In the Saiyan’s eyes, he was about to exact his revenge. Payback for what the world around him has done. His own twisted sense of justice.

To the shock of the onlooking ponies, Broly formed two green balls of ki in his hands. Then with an enraged roar, Broly threw his left hand down. Launching his energy attack down at the city block. When the ball struck the ground, it triggered a shockingly large explosion. A blast of green energy vaporized the entire area, along with the people in the area. By the time the explosion died down with a large crater in its place, the group all stared on in horror. Broly had just lashed out on the world.

Unbeknownst to them, that what they were seeing was only the beginning. The hundreds of innocent people killed were the first of millions to fall under Broly’s wrath.

“He… He just killed them,” Starlight stuttered. Shocked to see a child taking lives with his own hands.

But Broly wasn’t finished. With another angered yell, he reached out his right hand and fired a volley of green ki at the city. The screams of the citizens were heard as the entire city went ablaze.

The ponies looked at the young Broly in horror and disbelief. Only to see that the boy looked as though he was just as in shock as they were. His mind raced as he watched the city burn from his actions. To him, the universe had payed dearly from what it had done to him. And from the carnage, he felt… satisfied. Either because of his vendetta against the world, or his Saiyan genes kicking in with the lust for battle and bloodshed. Either way, it caused the boy to smile. The left edge of his lips curling up into a sadistic grin.

The group felt uncomfortable by his grin. Possibly seeing Broly very first taste of causing destruction with his own hands. It left the group speechless.

Then as Broly yelled once more while firing another energy attack, the explosion that followed left the entire city vaporized into nothing. All the lives were extinguished and what was left of it was a massive crater.

But Broly didn’t stop. He felt great satisfaction from lashing out at the world that wronged him. He wanted more. He wanted the universe to suffer more. With another grunt, he began to speed across the land. Heading towards another city far away. As horrified as the group were at Broly’s actions, they followed him, nonetheless. When they caught up with him again, they saw his face. To their surprise, it was a mix of satisfaction and shock. Almost as if Broly himself couldn’t believe what he had done. The boy was greatly confused at what was happening to him. But as he closed his eyes, his grin grew bigger. He no longer cared about the greater good. All he cared about was payback. Making life itself pay for what it had done to him. He began to chuckle. Lashing out at the world for what it had done felt… liberating. He was giving himself into hate. And with his tremendous power level, it only made his mental state worse. As his chuckling was on the borderline to insanity, Broly opened his eyes and let out a burst of laughter. But it wasn’t the good kind of laughter. The group knew exactly what kind of laughter it was.

The laughter of a person going crazy. It reminded Celestia and Luna of the Broly they had first meet all those years ago.

Broly continued his decent into madness as he made his way to the next city. And with no hesitation, he fired a single Eraser Cannon at the city. It was followed by an explosion that tore the city apart. Everything erupted into flames and debris. With energy building in his hands, the mentally unstable Broly was about to strike again. Laughing uncontrollably. Then to the surprise of the group, Paragus arrived and attempted to restrain his son. Grabbing a hold on him to keep him still.

“Broly!” He cried out to snap his son out of his crazed state. To which Broly responded with more insane laughter.

The group remained still at the sight. Even after the memory ended, they were left shaken at what they had just witnessed.

“Woah. Tell me that didn’t just happen,” Rainbow Dash said. Not believing what she had seen.

“I’m afraid it had, Rainbow. It… had happened,” Twilight added. With Fluttershy joining in with a saddened tone.

“Those poor people.”

Shining Armor however was confused.

“But I don’t get it. Why did he just flip out like that?”

Celestia was there to give him the answer. Believing what had happened inside the young Saiyan’s mind.

“It’s clear what had happened. The nightmares he had about what happened to Pruna had pushed him over the edge. And with Pruna no longer there to give him support, his emotions couldn’t handle the truth. Which caused him to lash out.”

“And possibly memories of what happened when he was a baby,” Rarity added, seeing a connection.

As the group fell silent in thought, Celestia had a brainwave.

“I think I’m starting to understand Broly more. His violent outbursts isn’t because he’s evil, it’s likely caused by…”

Her sentence was finished by Twilight.

“PTSD.”

“Huh?” Rainbow Dash asked as she looked at the lavender Alicorn in confusion. To which Twilight explained what she was taking about.

“Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. It’s an anxiety disorder caused by very stressful or frightening events. In Broly’s case, it’s his childbirth experience and loosing someone close to him at a very young age.”

Celestia explained further.

“I have seen this happen to many ponies in the past. But none as violent as Broly’s. Such events would have a significant impact on his life. Which is what we’re seeing.”

The group began to process what Twilight and Celestia were talking about. But Luna however remained uncertain. While the theory seemed plausible, it didn’t excuse the fact that when she first met Broly, the Saiyan was out for blood. Enjoying torturing her before attempting to kill her with his bare hands.

Then Cadence spoke up.

“But from the two memories we just saw, Broly was going though that trauma for years. Surely his father must’ve done something to help him.”

The group paused in thought from the pink Alicorn’s words. From what they saw, it had been roughly five years between Pruna’s death and Broly’s outburst. Yet from what they saw, nothing had changed Broly for the better. He kept suffering from the nightmares throughout that time. Some of the mares had an uncomfortable thought. it could mean that either Paragus wasn’t as good at being supportive as Pruna. Or that he hadn’t done anything to help his son from the start.

But guessing wasn’t getting the group anywhere. Their only option of figuring out the truth was to go into Broly’s next memory. To which they did.

Upon entering the next memory, the group found themselves in a different location. Once more showing that Broly and Paragus had skipped to another planet. But before they could process their whereabouts further, they were interrupted by the sounds of battle. Turning in the direction of the commotion, they saw the two Saiyans in the middle of a sparring match. Out of the two, it was Paragus who was looking worse for wear. Showing that that it would be a matter of time before he wouldn’t offer much of a challenge to Broly anymore.

But it was the sight of the younger Saiyan that caught the group by surprise. Despite wearing rags for clothes, his physical appearance was different. He had aged up again. Possibly in his early to mid-teens. But despite his age, he was already nearly the same height as Paragus. That and his growing body revealed more of his muscular body.

As he huffed for breath, Paragus called out to Broly.

“A-Alright! Let’s… Let’s go again!”

But rather then responding in kind, to the surprise of the group, Broly grunted angrily before clenching his fists. They were puzzled as to why he was acting in such a way to his father.

But before they could ponder on, they saw Paragus charging in to attack Broly. But to the shock of the ponies and Paragus, Broly roared out in anger before landing a heavy punch to his fathers unprotected gut. The older Saiyan gagged for breath as air was forced out of his body. Broly followed his assault with a knee to the chest before grabbing the back of Paragus’s head and throwing him across the landscape. The battered father skidding to a halt.

“Woah, was that a bit much?” Rainbow Dash asked, questioning Broly’s actions.

Paragus coughed as he slowly sat back up. Just as puzzled as the blue Pegasus.

“B-Broly! There’s no need to use such force!”

But as he looked up at his son, Paragus flinched in surprise at what he saw. When the group followed his gaze, they too paused in shock. Broly was glaring angrily at his father. Grunting loudly with his rage building higher. While the group remained silent, Paragus became concerned.

“Wha… what’s come over you, son?”

“Father!” Broly snapped back. Causing Paragus to flinch in surprise by his son’s tone. The onlooking group were just as shocked. But remained silent as all ears listened to what Broly had to say. His voice showing more hostility by the second with veins pulsating under his skin.

“Where were you… on Vampa!?”

The ponies were taken back at what Broly said. But they weren’t too surprised, it was obvious that it was something he would never forget. But it seemed he finally decided to call his father out on it. Paragus flinched in response to hearing the name of the destroyed planetoid. He thought that training would get his son’s mind off those events. But it seemed to have been for nothing.

“Broly. I…!”

Paragus was silenced by Broly. Who was growing angrier by the second.

“Where were you!? You left us alone! You could’ve helped us! You could’ve saved her!”

As Broly continued, greenish golden sparks began to flare up all around him. His energy spiking in response to his feelings.

“But you weren’t there! She died… because of you!”

The group stared on in stunned silence. In Broly’s eyes, the events on Vampa were all his father’s fault. He blamed Paragus for what had happened.

But unable to contain his anger, Broly let out a mighty scream that shook the planet beneath his feet. Causing rocks to crumble away and Paragus to nearly loose balance. Then as Broly grunted loudly from the rush of energy coursing through his body, he could feel it again. The same feeling he felt back on Vampa. It caused his hair to briefly change as golden energy began to form around him. While the silent group all knew what was coming, Paragus however had no clue.

“Wha… what’s wrong son!?” The concerned Paragus asked. Never seeing such a change before.

Then as Broly’s power reached its peak, the young Saiyan roared as his entire body shinned in bright golden light. Causing Paragus to shield his eyes. Then as the light dimmed enough to see, Paragus couldn’t believe his eyes. Despite not having the ability to sense energy, he could tell that his son had changed. There he was standing tall, his body remained mostly the same. But golden energy surged around his body as his hair spiked up with the colour of blondish gold. Plus a feature that the ponies had yet to see on the past Broly. His black pupils were replaced with greenish blue. Looking more like the transformation that they were accustomed to.

While the group all stared at the young Saiyan, it was the baffled Paragus who broke the silence. Gawking at his son in shock and disbelief. But as moments ticked by, the older Saiyan gasped in surprise. He knew what had happened. But the truth was just unbelievable.

“I.. Incredible. Unreal. Has he…? The warrior that appears every thousand years?”

His shock gave way to joy. Excitement in his voice.

“Ha… Haha. I don’t believe it! Broly! You’ve become a Super Saiyan! I knew you were special, but I had no idea you had that kind of power within you! You really have become the most powerful Saiyan!”

The group thought that they would be happy to see Paragus expressing such joy. But they didn’t. They felt confusion. Broly gave a speech about what he was feeling. The hardship he had to endure for years before letting it come out in words. But Paragus completely glossed it over with praise for the ancient power he was witnessing. He didn’t even give a second thought about Broly’s feelings.

But in response to his father’s praise, Broly glanced over to him. His expressions showed that he was completely enraged. Glaring at his father before taking several steps towards him. The sight of his angered son caused Paragus to stop praising as joy gave way to alarm. The older Saiyan knew very well what a Super Saiyan was like in the legends. So he was quick to try and talk reason to Broly.

“N-Now Broly. T-Take it easy. It’s me! Don’t you recognize your father!?”

Paragus’s voice became more frightened as Broly advanced closer. Not daring to move to not provoke the Super Saiyan. Then Broly stopped. Just inches away from his father, the young Saiyan glared dangerously at Paragus. The scene made the group feel tense. With most of them remembering that Broly said that he killed his father.

But just as they thought it would come to pass, the Super Saiyan grunted loudly before launching himself off the ground. Yelling in rage as he soared through the sky and over the horizon. Paragus was left completely flabbergast at what had happened. But after realising that Broly might cause destruction far away, he snapped out of his trance and flew after him.

“Broly wait!”

Then as Paragus disappeared over the horizon, the memory came to an ended. The group were completely stunned at what they had seen.

“Wow. A lot happened for a short memory,” Twilight uttered. Feeling that she and the others had learned quite more about Broly.

While the others were processing their thoughts, Applejack spoke up.

“Hay. Remember when Broly said that he… killed his dad? Could… that be the reason why?”

The others looked at the Earth Pony in response, wondering if seemingly abandoning him and Pruna might be the likely answer. But Celestia was unsure.

“If that’s the case, then he would’ve done so right there. But I believe that event is where he would start to resent his father.”

The others took a moment to think. Back at dinner, Broly really seemed to hate his father. While it’s likely because of what happened, but they felt as though it could be something else that Paragus had done.

With the answers likely in more of Broly’s past, the group wasted no time in traversing into the next memory. When they looked at their new surroundings, they found themselves inside a large room of a strange building. Through the room was dark, it was still bright enough to see. After looking around, they found Broly. The young Saiyan sitting in the corner on his own. Deep in thought. The group could see that Broly had aged up again. His appearance resembling someone in his late teens. Possibly even his early twenties.

“What’s he doing on his own?” Cadence asked. Curious as to why the troubled Saiyan was all alone.

But before the others could pay mind to the question, Paragus entered the room and addressed his son.

“Broly. Can you come with me? I have something to show you.”

Curious as to what his father wanted to show him, Broly got back on his feet and followed Paragus out of the room. The group followed the two Saiyans out of the room and into a different, much brighter room.

“What do you want to show me?” Broly asked his father.

But instead of answering back, Paragus reached into a cupboard and brought out a couple of things. He turned around to show his son before telling him what they were.

“Your new clothes son.”

Broly and the group all stared at the clothes in curiosity. But what got the attention of the ponies and dragon was what the clothes looked like. Held out in Paragus’s arms, were red and white fabrics with golden armbands and boots resting on top. The group instantly recognized the clothes. It was the outfit Broly wore when they first met him.

Broly looked at the clothes with interest.

“These are for me?”

When Paragus replied, he revealed something that not even the ponies had known about the clothes.

“Yes. I also had these clothes manufactured from the same materials as our Saiyan battle uniforms. So if by chance you ever transform into a Great Ape, these clothes will grow bigger with your body. A nice upgrade to those rags you’re wearing.”

The group were surprised at what they heard. Amazed that clothes can be designed to grow and shrink with whoever wears them.

“Oh, that explains a lot,” Rarity said. She and the others remembering the Great Ape transformations of Paragus and Turles.

As Broly looked at the clothes with interest, Broly began to strip. Seeing such actions caught the group completely by surprise. Causing them to yelp in shock. But before more could be seen, Luna used her magic to block out the sights while they could still hear the memory. All the girls were blushing deeply from what their imaginations were telling them.

“W-What nerve! Getting undressed in the open like that!” Luna uttered. Repulsed from the idea of the Saiyan suddenly exposing himself.

“I-I guess… it’s how Saiyans are?” Twilight guessed.

Cadence however took note of Celestia’s expression.

“You don’t seem that surprised, Celestia.”

The others looked to the white Alicorn in wonderment. Celestia hesitantly decided to tell them the truth. But despite being over a thousand years old, she found the subject rather embarrassing.

“Well… before Broly went to sleep, he… well…”

It didn’t take long for the others to realise what she was trying to say. The mares all let out gasps of surprise as their blushes turned into a deeper shade of red.

“He stripped in front of you!?” Luna shrieked.

“You saw him naked!?” Pinkie Pie joined. Getting the wrong idea.

Celestia understandably stuttered as she tried to explain what had actually happened.

“W-Well… what happened was that I left the room as soon as he started undressing.”

The group calmed down as soon as the Sun Princess told them the truth. But the fact that Broly would do something indecent remained baffling. Then as the group tried to forget the awkward tension, they heard the voice of Paragus.

“Well, how do you like your new clothes, son?”

Feeling that Broly was dressed, Luna restored the visuals of the memory. When the group could see again, they saw Broly all dressed up. The golden boots on his feet, the white trousers and red sash held up by his golden belt. And him adjusting the gold wristbands on his arms.

“Well he does look better wearing that then rags,” Starlight mentioned.

Despite not answering his father, it was clear that Broly liked his new look. The young Saiyan inspecting his clothes with enthusiasm. It was also the group’s first time seeing Broly’s recognizable outfit without it ripped and torn.

As Broly was being distracted, Paragus opened up a draw and brought out something else. As he held it tenderly, he spoke up to his son.

“Lastly, there’s this,” He said as he turned around to face his son.

As Broly looked at Paragus, he let out a quiet gasp at what his father was holding. After following his gaze, the group too could see what was in the older Saiyan’s hands. They were amazed that they got to see it again.

“Father. Is that…?”

“Yes, son. It’s your mother’s necklace.”

The group were amazed. Not only did Paragus held onto Pruna’s necklace as a momentum, but the fact that even after her death, Paragus chose to not tell Broly about who the female Saiyan really was. Keeping her false identity as Broly’s mother alive.

As Paragus approached Broly, he surprised his son by wrapping the string around his neck and tying it to the other end of the necklace.

“Your mother would want you to have this,” He continued as he took a few steps back to look at his son’s makeover.

The group too stared at the young Saiyan. If he were a little older, then he would be a spitting image of the Broly they knew. The necklace not only completes his look, but it suits him surprisingly well. The blue gemstone in the middle of the golden metal plate matched perfectly with his new clothes. Making the group wonder if Paragus deliberately chose the design of the clothes to match the necklace.

As he looked down at Pruna’s necklace, he began to think of the good times with her. Which caused him to smile.

The onlooking group felt as though it was a wholesome moment. That was until they overheard Paragus as he turned to walk away. Whispering to himself.

“Hopefully, that should keep your temper at bay.”

Then without warning, the memory ended abruptly. Leaving the group feeling torn and conflicted at what Paragus said. And the meaning behind it.

“Wait. So he didn’t gave Broly those things because he cared?” Spike asked in confusion.

Starlight then spoke out loud what she thought was the likely cause. But the revelation left the group disheartened.

“No. I think he did it… just to calm Broly down.”

Hearing Starlight’s words out loud made the group fell uncertain of Broly’s relationship with his father. It was no way for a parent to say. Even if it was not directly at their child. The gifts weren’t for Broly’s benefit, it was just for Paragus to save his own skin.

Through the older Saiyan’s motives, Celestia felt betrayed by Paragus. He started out as a person who valued the life of his son back in the boy’s younger years. But it seemed that as Broly got older, the bond was starting to break up. Which caused the white Alicorn to think back to Broly’s outbursts.

“I think Pruna’s influence was much stronger than I thought. Without her good nature, Broly’s emotions couldn’t be checked properly. She was what calmed him down. That’s why Paragus gave him that necklace. To hope that it could do the same thing.”

The group were all silent as they listened to Celestia. Though it was just a theory, it was something that they believed in.

But when the group entered the next memory, they were met with complete shock. All around them they could see nothing but utter devastation. Looking down, the ponies and dragon were horrified to see that the planet below was completely torn apart. No living thing was on the surface as debris and rubble drifted all around them. Then as they looked up. They saw the person responsible.

Paragus’s plan had backfired disastrously. They could see Broly looking out at the devastation he had caused with a blank expression on his face. Not that much older from the last time they saw him. Golden ki surrounding his body as he was in his Super Saiyan form. His clenched fists engulfed in energy. But what’s strange was that he wasn’t wearing the necklace.

“I guess his dad’s plan didn’t work?” The shaken Pinkie Pie asked. Despite knowing full well what the answer was.

“I think having that necklace reminded him of the bad things too,” Shining Armor guessed.

The prince was in fact correct. As well as the good times with Pruna, the necklace also brought back memories of what happened back on Vampa. Broly no longer just had mental evidence of the events. He now possessed physical evidence. Which possibly but evidently caused Broly’s outbursts to be even more destructive than before.

The group then saw something moving up behind Broly. It was his father, trying to call out to him.

“Stop it now, Broly!”

However, hearing his father’s voice caused Broly to snap in insanity. The boy completely consumed in his anger and rage. As he turned around to see Paragus trying to reach out to him to make him stop, Broly lashed out. With a single swing of his right arm, he bashed Paragus back. But in doing so, he punched out his father’s left eye. Paragus screamed in pain as blood escaped his wound.

The onlooking group were all stunned at what they saw. Broly openly attacked his own parent. Then as Broly flew off to cause more havoc, Paragus was left alone. With his hand covering his injury, blood dripping through his fingers, he watched his son in shock and fear. He was beginning to see why the other Saiyans feared him. And why King Vegeta wanted him dead.

Wanting to see the events immediately after without interruptions, Luna used her magic to directly skip into the next memory. Much to the surprise of the others.

“Luna? Did you…?! Cadence asked. To which Luna replied.

“Yes. Since this memory was not long after the last one, I thought we ought to check it as soon as possible.”

The others mentally agreed with the blue Alicorn. They wanted to see what Paragus would do next in an attempt to cure his son’s problems.

After an agreement had been made, the group looked at their surroundings. From what they could tell, they were in a rocky location in the middle of the night. They also saw two buildings in opposite directions. One was a house in complete disrepair and the other was a much larger building that was in much better condition. But seeing that lights were on in the larger building, the group decided to investigate.

Because it was all a memory, Luna had no problem using her magic to pass through the walls and doors. Some of which they noticed was brand new. Then after going through a large metal door, the group found themselves in a giant room with all sorts of scientific equipment. Filled with large machines and test tubes.

“What is this place?” Fluttershy timidly asked.

“I think this is some sort of laboratory,” Twilight answered. Recognizing some of the equipment, but more advanced.

After a brief moment of exploring, the group were surprised to see Paragus emerging from a separate room. The look on his face showed that he was impatient.

“Is it ready yet, Krang?” He asked. Followed by a voice that was completely new to the ponies.

“As a matter of fact, you’re just in time. I just finished making the prototype.”

Following where the voice came from, the ponies and dragon saw a person wearing a black cloak. But as he turned around to inspect a control panel, the group were surprised by his appearance. The scientist looked like a large purple brain with tentacles. Plus he had eyes, a mouth and very long moustache that reached to the floor.

“That’s one strange alien,” Rainbow Dash commented.

But before more could be said, the scientist pressed a button which caused a large machine to open up. When the group looked at what was inside the machine, they saw two objects. One looked like a device that could be worn on someone’s hand, but it was the second one that gained the attention of the ponies.

“Is that… a crown?” Rarity asked.

With the shape of the object, the description wasn’t entirely off. It appeared to be a segmented golden ring with a blue gemstone on the front.

As they stared at the ring, they overheard Paragus talking with Krang about the device.

“Does this really work?”

Yes, it does. While not fully tested yet, it’s basic purpose still functions.”

“And how do I work it?”

In response to Paragus’s question, the group saw the scientist grab the first device and gave it to the Saiyan.

“First you put this device on your right hand. Then you put the ring on your son’s head and simply point your palm at it.”

It was what Krang said that caused the group to look at him in surprise.

“Wait? The crown is for Broly?” Spike asked.

But what Paragus said next immediately gained their attention. Something they did not expect to hear.

“I hear that you used some sort of magic for this device. Is that a fact?” Paragus asked as he placed his device on his right hand.

“Wait, what?” Twilight asked. Followed by Starlight who was just as surprised.

“Did he say magic?”

The scientist then explained what he had done.

“Well not just ordinary magic. During my research, I stumbled across old textbooks and scrolls written by the ancient wizard Bibidi. He was a brilliant sorcerer. Legends state that his magic was powerful enough to tame the monster Majin Buu. With the archives I found several magical artifacts which possessed magic similar to enslavement or mind control. I included such artifacts in your devises. Combining magic with technology isn’t easy, but it’s a marvellous feat in technical engineering. With it, you can not only control your son’s actions, you can even restrain his power for better control.”

The group couldn’t believe what they were hearing. While the history of where the magic came from was interesting, it was what Paragus was going to do with the device was what left them mortified.

“He…He isn’t going to do what I think he going to do?” Cadence asked.

“He’s goin’ to put his own son under mind control!?” Applejack joined.

When the orange Earth Pony’s words reached the ears of the rest of the group, it caused Celestia to pause and think. Remembering back to when they first entered Broly’s mind. And how it was in such a terrible state that was further caused by the involvement of magic. She was putting the two and two together.

“So, the damage to Broly’s mind was caused by…” She whispered to herself. Shaken at what her mind told her.

After hearing the scientist out, Paragus looked at his control device on his hand. As his mind began to process the possibilities, he grew a satisfied grin.

“This will do.”

To the surprise of the group, the scientist Krang seemed surprised at the sight of Paragus reaching in to pick up the crown. The octopus alien beginning to question.

“Wha-What do you think you’re doing!?”

Paragus looked at the scientist in mild confusion.

“What does it look like I’m doing. I’m going to use this today.”

“But you can’t! The project isn’t ready!”

Paragus glared at Krang in confusion. His expression showed that he demanded an explanation. The group too were curious as to why the scientist objected to the Saiyan’s decision. Even after building the device that was for Broly. Krang then explained himself.

“That device is just a prototype. It’s not meant to be used this early. Like I said, it hasn’t been fully tested yet. The final product hasn’t been finished yet.”

“But you said its basic function works. I fail to see a problem,” Paragus said. Interrupting Krang.

Then to the group’s curiosity, the scientist gave the real reason why he was so concerned.

“The magic that device uses is unpredictable. If you place that on Broly without proper magic shielding, then the magic within it would surly leak into his mind. It will likely cause phycological damage the likes we cannot comprehend. You need to wait until I can produce a full working model.”

He then summed up his concerns.

“Paragus. If you put that on him now, it will reshape your son’s very mindset. He could end up even more dangerous than before.”

The group all fell silent as they looked at Paragus. Curious to see if he would think of his son and make the right decision. But the Saiyan was thinking about his son. But for all the reasons that he feared.

“It’s a risk I’m willing to take.”

The ponies and dragon were left speechless at his statement. Without a second thought, Paragus left the laboratory with the crown in hand. Leaving the scientist behind with a comment that the group overheard.

“That poor boy,” Krang said in a disappointed tone. Talking about Broly.

The group left the laboratory and followed Paragus out of the building and into the outside world. As they caught up with him, they could see the determined look on the Saiyans face. They simply couldn’t believe that he would risk the wellbeing of his son just for his own sake. Broly already had enough to contend with due to his emotions. But it seemed it could only get worse for him.

Whatever respect Celestia had for Paragus was gone. He started out as a person who truly cared for his son. But had lacked the ability to truly help Broly. Rather than putting up an effort to help, he resorted to tricks and magic. He was becoming just as heartless as the rest of the Saiyan race.

But before they could utter a word, the group saw Paragus enter the small decrepit building. After entering the building themselves, the group saw a chilling sight. Broly sleeping calmly in bed, with Paragus looking down on him with what was essentially a mind control crown in his hands.

But as Paragus lent forward to place the crown on, his shadow caused Broly to stir and wake up. Seeing his father as he opened his eyes.

“F-Father? What are you doing?” He asked gently.

But unsure of what Paragus was holding in his hands, the sight caused Broly to immediately act up. Not wanting to take part of whatever his father had in mind. With the element of surprise compromised, Paragus was left with no choice but to try to force the crown on his son.

“Broly!” Paragus said in response to his son’s defiance.

The group held their breath from the sight of the two Saiyans struggling, which ended with Broly throwing Paragus off of him which caused him to drop the control device. But just as the ponies thought the trouble had ended, they started to hear Broly chuckling as he stood up from his bed. Which turned into demented laughing. When the group all turned to see the tall Saiyan, they saw that the crown was placed on his head.

Seeing that he had little time to waste, Paragus quickly grabbed the control device and placed it on his hand. But seeing that his father was up to no good, the crazed Broly reached down and grabbed Paragus’s head. Trying to squeeze his grip. But as Paragus yelled from the pain, he managed to raise his right arm at the crown. As soon as the device faced the crown, it began to beep while giving off green light. Within seconds, a similar light appeared on the gemstone on Broly’s crown. With the magic in the crown channelling into Broly’s mind, the young Saiyan began to feel a completely different kind of pain. Causing him to release his father as he wailed in both pain and anger.

As Paragus watched his son in shock, most of the group watched in horror. Broly was being subjected to an unknown kind of magic that the scientist said would be dangerous. Yet Paragus allowed it to happen regardless. Trying to resist control, Broly grabbed the sides of his head as he thrashed around while yelling in pain. Mentally trying to regain control while trying to remove the crown. The sight of Broly fighting for his freedom was disheartening for the ponies to watch.

Then as Broly stopped thrashing and remained still, his yelling became soft grunts. Then his breathing returned to normal. Calming down, the Saiyan relaxed his body as he released his head. The group had a bad feeling at what had just happened. As they saw Broly standing up straight, he opened his eyes. Revealing the most blank facial expression the group had ever seen.

Cautious if the device was working, Paragus carefully stood back up and approached Broly.

“Broly?”

Hearing his father, Broly acknowledged him by glancing over to him with a neutral tone in his voice.

“Father. Is…something wrong?”

The group were in shock at what they saw. For Broly to act so calmly soon after his scuffle with his father, it was a sign that Broly had become under mind control. Paragus’s eyes widened in response to Broly’s change in personality. But seeing that his son had become passive for the time being, he decided to have a moment alone.

“N-No, Broly. Go back to sleep.”

Without looking back, Paragus left Broly alone to lay back down in his bed. The group followed the older Saiyan as he left the small building. The look of shock planted firmly on his face.

“It… it worked. The device worked.”

He then looked down at the control device in his hand. Remembering how easy it was for him to escape death and gain control of his son. As thoughts of endless possibilities arrived, Paragus started to slowly grin. Something that the group took note. It wasn’t the grin of joy, it was a sinister grin.

“I can control the Super Saiyan.”

That one sentence alone was more then enough to convince the ponies that in a cruel twist of fate, Paragus, the only Saiyan that was Broly’s family, had turned on his own son. Just like all the other Saiyans that once lived. Just like the universe itself that seemed to have turn its back on Broly. The ponies felt that it was truly unfair that fate kept dealing Broly a very bad hand.

With the realisation that he was in full control, Paragus felt something he hadn’t felt in a very long time. Power. Being the once in charge. The one calling the shots. He started to quietly chuckle at the new sensation.

“Yes. With Broly under my control… I can rebuild our race. All will fear the Saiyans once more. I can control the entire universe!”

Paragus began to laugh in victory. Even after the memory had ended, his laughing echoed in the minds of the stricken group. They truly thought that Paragus would find a way to help Broly deal with his issues. Help him recover from the trauma of losing Pruna. But it wasn’t meant to be. One way of another, the poor boy continued to suffer.

While the group stood still silently, it was Celestia who was the first to speak. Her voice quietened by the shock and sadness.

“I truly thought that the magic was caused by a nefarious being who wanted to use Broly’s power. But I was wrong.”

She continued as she looked at her surroundings, seeing the damage that had been done to Broly’s mind.

“It was… his own father. He did this.”

“I can’t believe he would do that,” Twilight uttered. Joined by Rainbow Dash.

“And to his own son. That’s messed up.”

“I can see that he wanted to calm Broly down. But… to take away his freedom like that is just wrong,” Cadence joined.

Determined to find out what happened next, Celestia turned straight towards Luna.

“Luna. Let’s go to the next memory.”

But as Luna looked through the memory orbs, he gave bad news.

“I found some. But a lot of them have been heavily damaged. Those that I could find are very small.”

“But can we see them?” Twilight asked.

“We can. But only for a moment.”

With no hesitation, the group immediately jumped into the next available memory. Where they found themselves in a large room with Paragus, Krang and the mind controlled Broly. But what the group noticed was that Paragus looked different. His hair became untidy as a black moustache started to form on his face.

“I see that you’ve been experimenting on what your device can do?” The scientist asked. To which Paragus was eager to demonstrate.

“I have. It turns out that I can still control Broly even when he transforms. But only for a short time.”

Paragus then turned towards Broly with a command.

“Broly. Transform into a Super Saiyan.”

Responding to Paragus’s command, Broly began to build up his energy. Despite the crown acting as an energy dampener, the young Saiyan could build enough to trigger the transformation. After a quick yell and a burst of golden light, Broly had transformed into a Super Saiyan. But with the expression on Broly’s face remaining the same, it proved that Paragus was right. He remained under his father’s control.

As the group looked at Broly’s form, they noticed that something was different about the transformation. Normally, Broly’s hair would be blondish gold. But to their confusion, it was neon blue in colour. Also the way his hair spiked up was different too.

Paragus turned towards the scientist with a satisfied grin on his face.

“As you can see, Krang, I can truly control the legend that is the Super Saiyan.”

Within moments, the memory had ended. But as short as it was, it spoke to the group a lot about what Paragus was doing.

“And now he’s using him as a puppet,” Spike mentioned. He was joined by Fluttershy, who made a comment that surprised the group.

“It’s… disgusting.”

While surprised by what Fluttershy said, Starlight was next to speak up.

“Well… did anypony else see his hair when he transformed?”

The others looked at Starlight with interest.

“Yeah, I saw it too. It’s different now,” Pinkie Pie said. Joined by Twilight who made a guess of what the cause of the change was.

“It must have something to do with that crown. Maybe a side effect.”

Rainbow Dash then expressed her opinion.

“Well… I think neon blue is a good look for him.”

After their conversation, the group were quick to jump into the next memory. Once again, they were in a large room with Broly and Paragus. But the two Saiyans were joined by a completely new stranger. An alien they had to assume was working for Paragus. To their confusion, Paragus looked like he was in shock. He then grabbed the alien by the neck as he yelled.

“Are you absolutely sure what you said was true!?”

“Y-yes, lord Paragus. He was spotted on a distant planet called Earth.”

Paragus released the alien as a look of anger fell upon his face. He was furious of the truth that had been revealed. To which, he reviled in fury.

“Vegeta! The Saiyan prince! Of course, he would survive! But he should have died with the rest of those bastards! His bloodline should’ve ended!”

The group were surprised at what they heard. The son of the Saiyan king had also survived the genocide of the Saiyans. Possibly being off world at the time. The group guessed that remembering what happened on the Saiyan homeworld had reminded Paragus of what happened to him and Broly. But while most of the group were trying to imagine what the Saiyan prince was like, they heard Pinkie Pie’s voice.

“Hay. Broly looks sick.”

Surprised at what the pink mare said, the group all turned to see Broly. To their shock, the party pony was right. Broly lost his neutral expression as he looked genuinely unwell. His face looked pale as she struggled to keep his eyes open. Sweat formed all over his face as he quietly grunted in pain. Using his left hand to rub the side of his head to try to keep himself together. The group however noticed that while he was rubbing his head, he was mostly rubbing the side of his crown.

When he spoke to Paragus, his voice carried a very weak tone.

“F-Father. I… I don’t… feel so good.”

Hearing his son’s distress, Paragus glanced over to Broly with a curious look. While he could plainly see that it was because of the crown, the older Saiyan was too occupied with thoughts of vengeance to pay any mind to his son’s wellbeing. Much to the shock of the group.

“You’re a strong boy, Broly. Just tough it out. I need a moment to think of a strategy against the Saiyan prince.” He said before walking away.

“O-Ok,” Broly replied as he tried to stand up straight.

Seeing Broly standing on his own, most of the group were horrified at what they had just witnessed. Broly was clearly suffering from the effects of the crown on his head, yet Paragus was too consumed in his vendetta to even acknowledge his son’s agony.

“Is he serious?” Applejack asked. Questioning Paragus’s way of thinking.

“Broly’s calling out for help. But he just ignored him,” Cadence added. Her sympathy for the Saiyan growing.

“His illness is very likely the cause from that crown. The magic effecting him in a bad way,” Celestia said. Understanding how the effects of artificial magic work when left unchecked.

Before the group jumped into the next memory, Fluttershy shared the pink Alicorn’s sympathy as she stared at Broly struggling to stay awake. Out of the whole group, she was the one who probably felt bad for Broly the most.

After arriving in the next memory fragment, the group were surprised to see Broly following Krang and two guards down a corridor. With Paragus not in sight. Curious as to why the Saiyan was following the scientist, they followed them and eavesdropped on what the octopus-like alien was talking about.

“This won’t take long, my boy. I just need to run a few tests on your device.”

As he continued talking, he was clearly speaking to himself out loud. Expressing what was on his mind.

“You’ve been wearing that device for several years now. I’m amazed that you’ve lasted as long as you did without severe repercussions.”

The silent group were startled at what the cloaked alien said. Broly had been wearing the crown for many years. Which meant that the artificial magic within continued to plague Broly’s mind further. To a point where the damage caused to his mental state could be permanent. But another fact caused some of the group to look at Broly with confused expressions. Krang said that it had been years. But unlike the previous memories, Broly looked virtually the same as before. He hadn’t got any taller, yet still looked so young. Showing that the group still had no idea on how Saiyan biology worked.

But something unexpected happened as soon as Krang turned to look at Broly. To the surprise of everyone, the scientist, the guards and the onlooking ponies, Broly collapsed. His large body suddenly became limp and fell to the ground with a loud thud.

“W-What happened to him!?” Twilight asked in concern. But no one had the answer.

Krang was just as curious at what had happened. After rushing up to Broly’s face, the scientist could see that Broly was trembling in pain. The boy letting out loud grunts in agony as he tried to reach for the crown on his head. Krang could plainly see what was happening to Broly.

“Oh no. It’s happening.”

With a concerned tone, he called out to the guards. The look of shock written on his face.

“What are you two waiting for!? Help him up and get him to my laboratory immediately!”

Not waiting a second, the two guards rushed over to pick the Saiyan up. But just as they were about to move him out of the corridor, the memory ended. Leaving the group shocked and confused at what had transpired.

“Wha… what just happened?” Spike asked. But Twilight was there to figure out the answer.

“It has to be that crown he’s wearing.”

Celestia then spoke up. Agreeing with Twilight and putting together the evidence that was presented.

“Yes. That scientist said that Broly had been wearing that crown for years. It seems all that magic clouding his mind had finally proved too much for him.”

In response to Celestia’s statement, some of the group all looked at their surroundings. Seeing the twisted deformed sight of Broly’s mind that was caused by the heartless actions of his father who once cared for him. Not wasting a moment due to her own desire to know, Luna immediately checked to see if there was a memory that showed the events moments after the last one.

To her surprise, there was one. To which she spoke to Celestia about.

“Sister. This memory takes place just moments after Broly collapsed.”

“Then let us see.”

After going straight into the memory, the group found themselves in the laboratory again. But to their surprise, everything seemed to be in chaos. Large amount of mess on the floor. Guards and other workers running around frantically to get things under control. And the sight of Krang using his tentacles to tap away at the buttons on a control panel. But what gained the most attention from the group was Broly. Strapped to a large vertical slap in the middle of the room, wires were seen connected from the crown on his head to the machine that took measurements of the device. Broly himself was struggling. Not to break free, but to stop the pain that was being inflicted to his mind. The Saiyan fidgeting while grunting in anger. The pain pinching away at his head.

The group then heard Krang talking to him.

“Just hold on a little longer, Broly. I’m trying to contain the flow of magic back into its proper place. Just give me a few minutes.”

The group were amazed. Out of everyone they saw, it was the scientist who was trying to help Broly. Then to their surprise, they suddenly saw Paragus storming the room as he approached Krang. The group noticed that the older Saiyan’s hair grew slightly longer, and his black moustache had grown larger. Covering his top lip.

“What’s going on!? What’s happening to my son!?” Paragus demanded. To which the scientist responded.

“It’s Broly’s device! The magic within is causing him to act out! It’s effecting his behaviour! I told you that this would happen! I did say the prototype wasn’t ready!”

Paragus chose to ignore the scientist as he watched his son struggling to keep his sanity. But as Broly started to act out aggressively, grunting angrily as his muscles began to tense up, Paragus decided to act.

“Behave yourself, Broly!” He shouted as he pointed his control device at Broly. Which gained the attention of Krang.

“No! Don’t use it now!!”

Krang’s plea fell to deaf ears. Paragus activated his control device. But the second Broly’s crown responded to the signal, it unleashed a massive surge of unstable magic into Broly’s mind. Causing the young Saiyan to suddenly scream in agony as he instantly ascended to the level of Super Saiyan. His powerful aura shattered the slab apart and shook the entire building with shear force alone. The blast of energy blew away everything and everyone in the vicinity around him. Guards and equipment were flung to the walls, and Krang had been blasted away from his control panel and directly into Paragus. Knocking him off his feet.

The group couldn’t believe how reckless Paragus had acted. But when they looked up at neon blue haired Super Saiyan, they were left speechless at what they saw. Floating in the middle of the air surrounded by his golden aura, Broly thrashed around as he grasped his head with both hands. Almost as if he was trying to remove the crown himself. But the shear amount of pain that was tearing is mind apart prevented him from doing so. No matter how hard he struggled, he couldn’t shake off the pain. As he cried out in agony, tears of fear and pain flowed out of his closed eyes. He couldn’t bear the pain in his mind and he was so confused as to why he was feeling it. It was the kind of pain he had never felt in his entire life. In his agony, he tried to call out to Paragus.

“F-FATHER!!! H-HELP!!! HELP ME!!!”

Broly tried to call for help some more. But from feeling another jolt of pain from the malfunctioning crown, he couldn’t do so. He simply cried out even louder in agony as his energy began to build ever higher. Reaching the levels that even he had never ventured before. As the other aliens all fled the building, Paragus and Krang simply watched Broly as his power continued to explode. His energy causing the building itself to fall apart. Walls and ceiling were ripped apart as the group could all see the outside world again.

But as Broly continued to cry out in agony, Paragus and the group all saw something. Within the golden glow of Broly’s Super Saiyan aura, they started to see a faint green energy surging around Broly’s body. Rather than being flame-like, the energy looked eerie. Almost like a cloud of green mist emanating from the Saiyan’s body. As the green energy became more brighter, Broly began to grunt loudly. He could feel something deep within him. The last time he felt it, it was back on Planet Vegeta where he escaped its destruction. But unlike the past, the one he was feeling felt far more primal. Far more malevolent. He could feel it swelling up from within. As he continued to yell loudly from both the feeling and the pain, for a split second, his hair flashed green.

As the group were confused as to what the green energy was, Paragus stared at him in horror. He knew exactly what was happening. With fear for his safety reaching top priority, he reached out to Krang.

“We have to get off this planet now!!”

To the surprise of the group, Paragus grabbed the scientist and flew out of the destroyed building. Then within the next minute, they saw the two entering a space pod and took off straight into the sky. Accelerating as fast as possible into the depths of space. The ponies and dragon couldn’t believe what they had just witnessed.

“Did he just leave his own son behind!?” Rainbow Dash cried out in disbelief.

But as all eyes turned back to the wailing Broly, they felt the entire planet beneath them breaking apart. Everything was crumbling away as Broly’s power continued to rise. But it was the look on his face that shocked them. The Saiyan looked vicious. His teeth clenched hard as his eyes were filled with anger and hate. As his golden aura grew larger, the mysterious green energy grew brighter. Broly could then feel the new power trying to break through his own body. His eyes shining bright green while beams of energy escaped from his eye sockets.

Then with one mighty scream to the heavens, Broly’s entire body was engulfed in an explosion of green light. The light was so intense that the group had to cover their eyes. But they only had to endure it for a second. Because as the blast reached to where they were, Luna’s emergency teleportation spell kicked in. Sending the group to a place very… very far away.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

The teleportation was so sudden, even Luna was caught off-guard when it happened. The group blinked in surprise in response to their change of location and the quiet atmosphere.

“Wha…what just happened!?” Spike asked.

“There’s nothing to worry about. My magic sent us to a safer location to escape that blast,” Luna explained. Reminding the group about her emergency teleportation spell.

“That’s all well and good. But… where are we?” Rarity asked.

The rest of the group could see what the white Unicorn was talking about. Looking to where they last saw Broly, they saw nothing but the void of space. Nothing but distant stars could be seen.

That was until Shining Armor turned around.

“Woah! Look at that!”

Curious about the awe in the stallion’s voice, everyone else soon turned around and like the prince, all gawked at one of the most stunning sights they had ever seen. Right in front of them, was a massive spiral galaxy.

“Wow! It’s a galaxy!” Twilight cheered. Never seeing one that appeared so close before.

“It’s beautiful!” Cadence joined. Mesmerized by the sight.

While see too was stunned at the sight of the galaxy, it caused Luna to grow puzzled. Then after using her magic to check up on something, she surprised the group by letting out a startled gasp.

“What is it, Luna?” Celestia asked. To which Luna gave everyone a very stunning answer.

“It’s… the planet we were just on. It’s there… near the middle of the galaxy!” She said as she pointed at the galaxy centre.

The others looked at each other in surprise before turning towards the galaxy in disbelief.

“You mean we were in there just a moment ago?” Pinkie Pie asked. Joined by Starlight.

“But then… why were we teleported all the way out here?”

As the group tried to think of an explanation, Luna reminded them of the purpose of the spell.

“That spell is only used to protect us from any intense explosions that could damage our eyes. It happened when some of those planets exploded.”

Hearing the explanation out in the open, it caused the group to realise a possibility. The reason why they were teleported so far away. With wide eyes of uncertainty, they all turned back towards the sight of the galaxy. Just waiting for something to happen. Twilight began to feel skeptical of the outcome.

“Ok. Let’s be real here. Yes, he can destroy a planet. But surely there is no way that he can destroy an entire gal…!”

She was silenced when she and the others saw something happening. Just off the centre of the galaxy, they saw a bright green light that shined so brightly, it consumed a quarter of the galaxy. But as soon as it came, the light quietly faded into nothing. Seemingly leaving the galaxy intact.

With confusion written all over their faces, Twilight started to believe that she was right.

“See?”

“That wasn’t so bad,” Rainbow Dash joined, starting to agree with the Alicorn.

But to their disbelief, they suddenly heard a strange noise. Then… something horrifying on an astronomical scale happened. The lights from the stars in the galaxy started to go out. Spreading from the centre of the galaxy, all the way to the outer edges of the star clusters. Within a span of a couple of seconds, the entire galaxy seemed to have vanished from their very eyes.

The whole group floated there silently. Staring in complete disbelief at what was once a beautiful galaxy. With Pinkie Pie giving off a single comment.

“Holy smoke!!”
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Using her teleportation spell, Luna transported herself and the rest of the group back to where they were before. But when they looked at their surroundings, they witnessed devastation the likes they had never seen before. What was once a planet they stood upon, was nothing more than fragments and rubble. But what was most shocking was that all around them, there were no stars. All what was left of them were either dying husks or they turned into supernovas. The group were speechless. While it wasn’t his fault, the devastation was caused by Broly’s power. It was his energy that completely annihilated everything. The sight of such destructive power was almost unbearable to take in. Luna being the most horrified at what the Saiyan could do.

"E...everything's... gone," Cadence uttered. breaking the silence.

But before they could do anything, they saw something moving towards them. When it got close, the group were admittingly amazed to see that it was the space pod Paragus used. While it was able to withstand the blast, it wasn’t left intact. Dents and scratches were dotted all over the pod with smoke seeping from the metal that was super-heated.

The group decided not to say anything. Just allowing the memory to flow through. As they moved beside the pod, they could see through the glass the expressions of Paragus and Krang. The two were just as speechless as they were. But as he looked at one of his devices, the scientist was horrified at what he was reading.

“This… this is impossible! It just can’t be! I… I’m not picking up any signals from my space buoys! Not a single one! It’s… it’s as if the entire South Galaxy has been shattered! Why didn’t you tell me that your son has this kind of power Paragus!?”

The scientist however received no reply.

“Paragus?”

Looking over to his boss, Krang, as well as the group, all saw Paragus staring out at something in front of him. Following his gaze, the ponies and dragon saw what had gained his attention. Drifting in the cold void of space, was the unconscious form of Broly. His body exhausted of his energy and the prototype crown on his head had been shattered. Half of the golden ring remained on the side of his head with the blue gemstone on the front.

As Paragus stared at his son. He began to think back to what he saw in the laboratory. And how much power Broly was exuding. And seeing the malevolent expression on his face. The look of someone so savage and violent. Though whispering to himself, the group could hear his every word. But what he said greatly confused them. As well as peaking their curiosity.

“Broly. For you to cause this much destruction… you are clearly much more than a Super Saiyan. C…c-could you be…”

Paragus’s eyes grew wide in fear from the realisation of the truth. What King Vegeta tried to prevent. What Broly truly was.

“…the Legendary Super Saiyan?”

Author's Note:

Hello everyone. I've returned.

Firstly I want to say how sorry I was at being so late with the update. The delay was due to complications at work. While most of it is resolved, there's still a couple of things I need to sort out. Hopefully this doesn't keep me too occupied when working on the next chapter to my BlackWarGreymon story.

The reason I chose to bring magic into the creation of the mind control crown was because... well... they never really explained how the crown works. But I did hear somewhere in YouTube that one of the likely causes was magic. So I chose to go in that direction. Plus since it's space magic in the world of DragonBall, I felt it would be fun to bring in the elements of Bibidi. I mean, surely he must've done something else other than looking after Majin Buu. So I decided to expand on that.

We're getting very close to the events of Movie 8, people! I hope you all look forward to it. Until then, I hope you all like this chapter. Leave a comment. Leave a like. And I'll see you all soon.

(PS. If anyone is curious as how events played out outside of Broly's vicinity, it's all magic. So I don't have to explain sh##.) :rainbowlaugh:

PreviousChapters Next