• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 8,993 Views, 376 Comments

The Legend of Broly - I-C-U-P



Released from his stone prison to fight the oncoming powerful foes, the residence of Equestria placed their hopes on the most unexpected saviour. Broly.

  • ...
28
 376
 8,993

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22: Lesson One / Generosity

In the early mornings, Ponyville was usually full of activity. The citizens going about their everyday lives. Opening up markets. Going to schools. And meeting up with friends. But with one particular morning, a day after Equestria was liberated from the Frieza Force, the town was bristling with ponies. All because of one special visitor.

Moving through town away from the train station, the Mane Six, Starlight and Spike were gaining a lot of looks from the crowd. Due to the presence of Broly. The Saiyan who saved them all. For ponies who had yet to see their alien visitor, it was their chance. Looks of awe and amazement continued to fill the air. To which was noticed by Rainbow Dash.

“Wow. Talk about a big attraction,” She commented. Comparing the sights to that of a zoo.

“Well, ya’ can’t blame them,” Applejack said to the Pegasus.

The orange Earth Pony had a point. Even though the aliens had invaded Equestria, Ponyville was one of a few places that was yet picked out by the invaders. So the ponies of the town didn’t got a chance to see them. Broly was the first alien they ever saw. As for the Saiyan, he was simply looking at his new surroundings. Seeing that the buildings were much smaller than the ones in Canterlot.

The Legendary Saiyan was a little put off at first from all the staring. But thanks to the reassurance from Twilight, he quickly got used to it. As well as him being an alien, his height was quite an eyecatcher. Literally towering over every pony he saw. That and despite being a creature from another planet, he looked so much like one of their own kind. But like in Canterlot, a large majority of the gazes was due to his physique. His tall muscular frame had gained quite a lot of attention. Especially from the mares.

It was proven when Broly looked over to a small group of Pegasi. The second he looked in their direction, their faces turned red as they bashfully looked away. But taking quick glances at the Saiyan’s build. To Broly however, he was oblivious to their behaviour. And continued on with his friends.

“What are we doing here?” Broly asked. Wondering what his new friends had in mind for him.

Hearing his question, Twilight stopped to face him. Explaining to him what she and the others had decided back on the train.

“Broly. After what we’ve seen in your memories, we decided that this is the best way to help you. Not just about learning our way of life, but all the things that was never taught to you. Such as friendship. And that’s why we’re here. To teach you all you need to know.”

“And Ponyville is one of the friendliest places around. So here is more than ideal,” Spike added. Backing up Twilight.

“So, I’m… learning new things?” Broly asked. Getting a clear picture of what was to come.

“You got that right!” Pinkie Pie cheered.

Fluttershy then explained the specifics of what they were about to do.

“We all agreed to take turns teaching you. We think it would make it easier for you.”

“Take… turns?” Broly asked.

Then Rarity stepped forward.

“Yes. And I volunteered to go first.”

Broly silently looked at Rarity in curiosity. Wondering what the white Unicorn had in mind for him. Rarity then turned towards the others with the upmost confidence.

“I believe I can get a lot done by lunchtime.”

“Perfect. We can all meet back and check on your progress,” Twilight said. Believing that Rarity could pull it off.

The purple Alicorn looked over to Broly before speaking to him.

“You will be going with Rarity for now, Broly. I trust that you’ll be alright?”

Broly was mentally stunned. Twilight just openly stated that she trusted him. Despite that the day was only the beginning of him redeeming himself for his past sins. He had rarely done any good in his life, yet the Princess of Friendship believes that he could be on his best behaviour. As well as being trusted in the care of someone else.

With the notion in his head, Broly felt that disappointing Twilight would be the last thing he should do. He then gave his reply.

“I’ll try.”

Smiling in satisfaction, the group began to split. Going in separate directions.

“I gotta go and check up on the farm. See ya later,” Applejack called back.

“And I need to see if my animal friends are alright,” Fluttershy added.

As Pinkie Pie rushed away, Rainbow Dash hovered in the air with one more thing to say.

“And Broly. Make sure that Rarity doesn’t try anything funny,” She laughed as she flew away. Leaving behind a confused Saiyan and an irritated Unicorn.

“I’ll do nothing of the sort!” The anthro pony cried back.

“As much as I would like to join you two, I need to take care of something back at the castle. Good luck,” Twilight said as she, Spike and Starlight made their way through the town. Towards the tall crystal castle.

Left alone with the tall Saiyan, Rarity turned towards him with a smile.

“Alright, Broly. Time to take you home.”

Rarity paused the second she spoke those words. Her eyes widened in surprise. The way she spoke sounded as though it could be taken out of context. Even embarrassed if other ponies overheard her. Getting the completely wrong idea. Her face gave a small blush as she corrected herself.

“Ohh! Errr…! That came out wrong! I’m sorry! That’s not what I meant!”

But Broly simply stared at her in confusion.

“What do you mean?”

Rarity looked at the giant alien in bafflement. He truly had no idea about the possible double meaning of what she previously said. As if his lack of social activity was to a point where he had no idea about taking words out of context. He had no idea what she was talking about. Or why she was suddenly apologizing.

Not wanting to escalate the situation, Rarity calmed down and cleared her throat. Then gave a simple request.

“Follow me.”

Seeing that Rarity wanted to take him somewhere else, Broly followed her. The Unicorn and the Saiyan walked further through the town of Ponyville. Passing by many ponies who saw them. As Rarity walked on, she took a couple of glances at the other ponies. While they were startled at seeing the alien warrior up-close, they weren’t running away in fear. Something that she liked seeing. Smiling from the fact that the citizens of Ponyville would get used to the Saiyan.

But as she watched the other ponies, the white Unicorn did notice something odd. The other mares. When they took a glance at Broly, most of them bashfully look away. As well as whispering amongst themselves with a small grin on their faces. Some even let out a slight giggle. As she looked over her shoulder, Rarity was starting to understand why. Despite lacking a snout, Broly’s physical appearance was virtually identical to their pony kind. Which meant that the Saiyan’s exposed muscular chest was very much to their liking. What’s more despite his age, Broly had a youthful appearance. A young, fit man.

As Rarity turned her head to face straight, a thought crossed her mind. As well as one that made her uncomfortable.

‘I can see why they would think that. Not that I blame them since he has that body. But if they’re like this now… I can’t think of what would happen when their season comes.’

Rarity then received a shiver when imagining Broly’s Legendary Super Saiyan form. To her, there was such thing as too much muscle.

After several minutes of walking, the two eventually made it to Carousel Boutique. With Rarity giving the introductions.

“Well, here we are, Broly. Welcome to Carousel Boutique. My home.”

Broly paused as he looked at the large building. Admittingly taken back by the bright colours and the surprisingly large house for one pony. To which he was about to learn why as Rarity lead him inside. Due to his tall stature, he had to duck his head as he walked through the doorway. Upon entry, Broly once again stopped in surprise. He found himself surrounded by mannequins. Each wearing all sorts of clothes. Mostly dresses for the mares.

“Lots of clothes here,” Broly commented as he looked at his surroundings.

“Well, that’s because I’m a fashion designer,” Rarity said. Giving her reason for possessing such a large amount of clothing.

Broly looked at the Unicorn in puzzlement.

“You… make clothes?”

“That’s right. It’s my passion to design the best garments and suits. My home is also my workshop and my place of business. I guess you could say it’s my purpose,” Rarity proudly said.

Broly then gave her a puzzled expression.

“Is that… why I’m here?”

“Oh no. Like Twilight said, we’re going to help you adjust to this world. Which involves each of us teaching you what we know is best for you.”

To Broly’s confusion, Rarity’s expression became stern.

“But before all that, there is one thing you must do. Something very important.”

Broly looked at her intently. Wondering if it was some sort of challenge she had come up which. Which was what he thought, until the anthro Unicorn spoke.

“Broly. You need a shower.”
…………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................................

Twilight’s Castle


Within the crystal walls of Ponyville’s castle, Starlight and Spike were wondering aimlessly through the corridors. The looks of confusion across their faces.

“Where is she? Why would Twilight teleport away like that?” Starlight asked Spike.

“Beats me. She did say that there was something in the castle she wanted to do.”

Starlight’s expression changed to annoyed.

“She couldn’t just walk here like we were?”

“I guess it was important.”

Then to their surprise, Spike suddenly belched out a small note pad. The green flames fading away as he looked to the Unicorn.

“Excuse me.”

Starlight then motioned down to the note on the floor.

“What is it?”

After picking up the note, Spike read it. Then revealing to Starlight what the message said.

“It’s from Twilight. She says for us to… pick up a flowerpot and take it to the basement.”

Starlight looked at the young purple dragon in confusion.

“A flower pot?”

Spike answered back. Him equally confused.

“Yeah. One with soil in it.”

Despite the confusion to Twilight’s request, Starlight and Spike decided to just roll with it. On their way down towards the basement, Spike managed to pick up a rose pot sitting on a window ledge. The two eventually made it down to the castle basement. Opening the door, they were surprised to see that the whole room had become a makeshift laboratory. Spike wasn’t too surprised however. He had seen Twilight done the same thing to their previous home. It didn’t take long for the two to see the purple Alicorn standing by a table.

“Hay, Twilight. We’re here!” Spike called out. Joined by Starlight.

“And we brought you a flower. Still don’t know what you need it for.”

Hearing her two friends, Twilight spun around and greeted them.

“Ah, good. You’re here. And you’ve brought exactly what I need,” She said as she took the flower pot from Spike’s hands and placed it on the table. Spike and Starlight looked at each other in confusion before turning back to the princess.

“Uhh… Twilight? What is this about?” Spike asked.

“Just a little experiment I want to try out. I just need to get everything prepared.” She answered as she finished getting the table absolutely clean. She then placed an empty petri dish in the middle.

“Twilight? What’s going on?” Starlight asked.

The young princess replied as she got everything prepared.

“Just to test something out. In fact, you two are here just in time.”

Confused at what Twilight was on about, Starlight and Spike stood there and just wait for her to explain. It was then they saw her sticking her hand down her pocket. Then within moments, she pulled out what was inside.

Pinched in-between her index finger and thumb, was a small green seed. While Spike was puzzled at what she was holding, Starlight however stared at it in surprise. Remembering it from the night before.

“Wait, Twilight. Isn’t that…?”

“Yes, Starlight. The Seed of the Tree of Might.”

While the anthro Unicorn felt intimidated from such a thing, Spike remained puzzled.

“Uhh… the what?”

Seeing the confusion on the dragon’s face, Twilight explained to him what she found out.

“Well Spike. You remember that red fruit Turles ate that gave him extra power?”

Thinking back to the big fight between Broly and Turles, Spike indeed remembered the Saiyan pirate taking a bite on some fruit.

“Yeah. He called it… the Fruit of the Tree of Might.”

“That’s right Spike. And all trees come from seeds. And this fell out of Turles’s cyborg minion. So it has to be the very thing,” Twilight said as she gently placed the seed in the middle of the petri dish.

“So… what are going to do with it?” Spike asked.

“Turles said that our soil is ideal for the Tree of Might’s growth. I just want to test if what he said was true,” Twilight answered as she turned towards the flowerpot.

Starlight however was having second thoughts about the test.

“Are you sure you should be messing around with that thing? We’ve never dealt with anything like it before.”

“Which is why we’re doing it in baby steps,” Twilight confidently said as she pulled out some tweezers.

Using the tweezers, Twilight managed to take a tiny sample of soil from the flowerpot. No bigger than a head of a pin. Then with the upmost care, gently placed the soil sample in the petri dish. Just a few centimeters from the green seed.

“Ok. Here we go,” Twilight said as she, Starlight and Spike silently stared at the dish. Patiently waiting for something to happen.

Then just after a couple of seconds, the three started to see movement. A small green root began to grow from the seed’s body. Slowly motioning towards the soil sample. The three stared at it in surprise.

“So that’s it! The seed must have some special senses to know where the nearest soil sample is!” Twilight said. Admittingly excited at the discovery.

Then came the moment she was waiting for. The root eventually made it to the soil sample. Then… just a mere second after making contact, the seed suddenly exploded in size! With numerous tendril-like roots shooting from its body. The sudden change caught the three by surprise. Almost falling backwards.

“Wha… What was that!?” Starlight shrieked out. With Spike thinking the worst-case scenario.

“Is it the end of the world!?”

After getting over the shock, Twilight spoke to the others.

“Hay look.”

All eyes stared at the petri dish. And surprised at what they saw. Twilight only gave the seed a tiny speck of dirt, but it was enough for it to grew five times bigger from it alone! With the soil sample drained of its nutrients, and the seed unable to sense any other nearby soil, the moving tendrils began to retreat back into the main body. The sight left the group stunned.

“It grew that big just from that bit of dirt?” Spike asked. Still unable to comprehend what he just saw. He then turned towards Starlight.

“Think how big it would’ve been if we gave it the whole flowerpot.”

“I’m surprised at how quickly it grew,” Starlight commented.

It was the Unicorn’s words that caused Twilight to think back about the night before.

“That’s why Turles wanted to plant this seed so badly. With how well our lands grow around here, it is the perfect environment to grow the tree. And it was a good thing we found it. If it made root in the ground, with its speed, it would be impossible for us to stop it.”

Starlight and Spike exchanged worried expressions before looking back at Twilight.

“That thing is dangerous. We need to keep it away from any form of soil,” Starlight said.

“Way ahead of you,” Twilight said as she levitated a clean glass jar to the table. To which she then dropped the grown seed in. After closing the lid, the Seed of the Tree of Might was sealed away. To which was then placed in a sterilized cabinet while the jar had a forcefield placed around it.

After shutting the cabinet, Twilight turned towards her two friends with a joyous smile on her face.

“There. A potential crisis everted.”

The Alicorn’s words reassured Starlight and Spike. The two breathing a sigh of relief. But thoughts crept in the back of the princess’s mind. If not for it to drain the planet of life, the Fruit of the Tree of Might would be very beneficial for them. Just one bite of the fruit would give the individual incredible power. Power that the royal guards of Canterlot for example would very much need. But to do so would mean that they would have to sacrifice an entire world. Something that they would never do.

But still, Twilight felt as though some time in the future, the Seed of the Tree of Might will be needed.
…………………………………………………………………………………………..................................................................

Back at Carousel Boutique, Broly stood still. Confused at Rarity’s request.

“A… a shower?”

Not wanting to criticize the otherworldly warrior that could blow up a planet, Rarity explained as nicely as she could.

“I’m not being rude or anything. And I’m only saying this as a friend. But you… don’t smell very good. I can’t imagine the last time you bathed.”

In a comical fashion, Broly raised his right arm to have a quick sniff at his pit. While he himself was not bothered by his body odor, it was clear that someone as freshly scented as Rarity would be repelled by the stench. What’s more, he couldn’t even remember the last time he had a wash. The only faintest idea he had was that it must’ve been back on New Planet Vegeta. Then he was frozen in ice for twenty years. Then frozen in stone for over a thousand more.

With no need to explain more, Rarity gestured him to follow her.

“Follow me. I’ll take you to the bathroom.”

With the only path laid out to him, Broly followed the white Unicorn. After a silent minute of walking, the two made it to the bathroom. As the Saiyan walked in, Rarity spoke up.

“Now Broly. Me and the others are here to help you settle in. And one way to get ponies to like you is to have good hygiene. Be clean and smell nice. And the same goes for your clothe…!”

Rarity paused. For she was seeing something she never thought she would see before her very eyes. Broly was getting undressed… with no shame… right in front of her. He already took of his golden boots and red sash. It was when she saw his hands gripped on the waist of his white trousers where she shrieked in response. Her sounds caused Broly to pause as he looked at her in surprise.

“B-BROLY!! WHAT IN EQUESTRIA ARE YOU DOING!!?” She shrieked as she tried to cover her eyes. A deep red blush formed on her face.

Broly however looked at her in confusion.

“Taking my clothes off. Isn’t that how your kind shower here?”

“O-Of course it is, but that’s not the issue here! You’re getting undressed in front of me!”

Broly however, looked even more puzzled.

“What’s wrong with that?”

Rarity silently stared at him with so many emotions. Mostly shock and complete bafflement. Was the Saiyan that untaught that he had no concept of personal boundaries and common decency? That was when she realised something. With what little memories he had, he may have no idea that such concepts even existed. Or if what he was doing was common for Saiyans and that it was all he knew. But if it was to be his usual habit, she really needed to sort him out.

“Well… you’re not supposed to... It’s just that…umm…”

Broly turned to face Rarity as she struggled to explain. But after much quick thinking and a deep breath to calm down, the Unicorn was finally able to explain.

“Listen. I’m not sure if this… is normal for you. But in Equestria, it’s considered rude to strip in front of someone. If you want to get undressed, you need to do it on your own. With no one watching.”

Broly looked at her in conformation.

“I understand,” He replied. But in his mind, Broly still found it confusing as to why such thing was not allowed. It didn’t bother him. To him, it was just his body. But Broly chose just to do as Rarity said. She looked flustered enough.

“I-I also need to wash your clothes. Once you finished getting undressed, just leave them by the door,” Rarity said as she hurried out of the bathroom. Her face red of embarrassment.

As soon as the Unicorn closed the door, Broly finished undressing. Stripped down to the bare, with the exception of his golden necklace. Then as to Rarity’s request, he placed his clothes by the door and got in the shower. Closing the curtain behind him. Upon hearing the water in the shower turned on, it was a sign for Rarity to pick up the Saiyan’s clothes. Opening the door a little, she decided to use her magic to drag the garments out of the room. Doing so would prevent her from any risk of peeking at the muscular warrior through the shower curtain. Of course, she would never do such things. She was a lady.

Not wanting to touch the smelly clothes, Rarity kept them levitated in her magical grip as she walked down the hall.

‘Celestia did a fine job at mending his clothes. A shame she didn’t do something about the smell.’

After arriving in the kitchen, Rarity stuffed the sash and trousers in the washing machine. As for Broly’s golden boots, belt and wristbands, she had to clean them by hand. The poor Unicorn literally had to hold her breath when washing the boots. But luckily there wasn’t much of a fuss with the wristbands. But as she washed them, Rarity began to notice something. The material of the wristband was very tough. But upon putting pressure on one end…

“It bends,” She uttered in surprise.

She then turned back to Broly’s clean boots. And found that they too were surprisingly flexible.

“Tough in battle but comfortable to wear. Very clever.”

But as she inspected the boots, her sights were then drawn to the blue gemstones decorated on them. Curious as to what they really were, she began to inspect them with the same equipment she used on the gemstones in her collection. And was surprised at what she saw.

“Wow. This is not like any gemstone I’ve ever seen,” She said as she continued to inspect the gem.

About twenty minutes had passed as time went on. Rarity was cleaning and planning while Broly was enjoying himself in the shower. It had been a very long time since he felt the hot water rain down on him. So he was taking as long as he wanted. Meanwhile, a commotion was brewing outside. Word of Broly in Ponyville had passed around very quickly. But to the confusion of the citizens, he was last seen entering Rarity’s home. The anthro ponies were trying to figure out why the fashionista would bring the warrior in her house. With her other friends seemingly absent.

But for three mares, their curiosity got the better of them. With no one looking, two Earth Ponies and one Pegasus snuck up to the large house unnoticed.

“You’re sure that he’s in there?” The orange Earth pony asked. Her voice in a whisper.

“Well, that’s what everypony was saying. The big handsome alien was invited in Rarity’s house,” The navy-blue Pegasus replied. Her being equally quiet as to not be heard by anyone else.

“Why do you think she brought him in?” The small green Earth Pony asked while sneaking ahead of her two friends.

The other two paused in thought.

“Maybe trying to make him her own?” The Earth Pony asked. Of which the Pegasus denied.

“I doubt it. Rarity is a lady. She’s the sort who could go with a dashing young, handsome…”

She paused in thought as to what she was describing. Then turned towards her friend.

“You’re right. Maybe she is trying?”

Up ahead, the green Earth Pony mare peered through one of the windows. Then let out an audible gasp before ducking down. A massive blush formed on her face as her eyes went wide in shock. The other two heard her outburst and moved towards her.

“What is it?” The Pegasus asked. Wondering what startled her friend.

The small Earth Pony looked to her two friends with a surprised expression on her face. The two noticing the deep red blush. She told them what she saw as she pointed at the window.

“T-The alien. He’s…He’s in there.”

“Really?” The other Earth Pony asked as she was about to look. Only to be stopped by the green mare. The latter then explained what got her startled.

“He’s having a shower.”

The other two mares froze in silence as they looked at their smaller friend with expressions that looked blank on the surface. But in their minds, thoughts were flowing through their minds. Trying to envision the Saiyan warrior in the shower.

But why try to envision it… when such a sight was just through the window?

Without a thought of hesitation, the three mares quickly, but silently, rushed up to the open window and looked inside. The thought of seeing such a muscular figure washing himself caused the three to blush in anticipation.

And there he was. The tall muscular male from another world was washing himself. But while his body was being obscured by the shower curtain, the peeking mares could see his silhouette. They could make out the Saiyan’s muscular frame. Despite the limitations, for the mares it was quite a sight. Almost mesmerized from seeing the curvature of his biceps as he washed his hair. Their expressions explained it all. They couldn’t believe that they were doing this. They couldn’t believe what they were witnessing. Their faces turned redder as their blushes grew ever more. All with the fact that the thin shower curtain was the only thing standing between them and a body that looked as though it was carved by the gods.

“Woah. Just look at that masterpiece,” The orange Earth Pony whispered to her friends. Making no attempts to hide her sheepish smile.

“Yeah. I bet his muscles are as hard as rocks,” The Pegasus joined. Almost trying to see through the curtain to get a look of Broly’s chest.

The two then went silent as they continued to marvel at the sight. That was when they heard the green Earth Pony spoke.

“Woah, I wouldn’t mind a piece of that.”

Surprised at what the smaller mare just said, the two looked down at her with startled expressions. Upon inspection, the blushing green mare had a peculiar smile on her face as she continued to stare. Even her long fluffy tail was wagging like an excited puppy.

“Hay. You’re not in heat, are you?” The orange Earth Pony asked. Comparing the signs.

“Oh, I wish I was,” The green mare admitted. Her gaze glued on the Saiyan.

As the two stared back at the scene, it was abundantly clear why their friend would think that. And why they too were having such thoughts. From the brief glimpses of him they’ve seen earlier, they found him quite attractive. A tall, strong, muscular male who carried a powerful yet primal feel to him. Something that kept their sights on him.

But eventually, their time came to an end. After seeing Broly’s silhouette reaching down, the sounds of water from the shower stopped. The three flinched from realising what was going on.

“He’s finished. Than that means…!” The Pegasus uttered in a harsh whisper.

Then just as Broly opened the curtains to step out, the three mares immediately ducked down out of view. Both from not being spotted by the Saiyan, and…

“I don’t think we’re ready to see that yet,” The orange mare uttered. Just like her friends, her face couldn’t be any redder. Embarrassment written all over their faces.

Suddenly feeling shy and overstaying their welcome, the three mares quietly rushed away from Rarity’s house. The small green mare wishing that Broly stayed in the shower longer. She really liked what she was seeing.
………………………………………………………………………………….................................................

Back inside Carousel Boutique, Rarity had just finished cleaning Broly’s boots, belt and wristbands. After her thorough search, she remained intrigued about the blue gemstones that adorned them. Then after setting them aside, the Unicorn took a moment to stretch on her chair and relax. All the while thinking of where to begin on Broly’s lessons of redemption.

“Hmm… where should I begin?” She pondered.

As she kept on thinking, she shifted her sights on a stack of towels sitting on her desk. Just staring at them as she thought. But as she kept staring at the towels, her mind set began to change. As if… she had forgotten something. Something that she should take account.

Then it hit her. Her eyes widened in concern and alarm. Of course, due to the invading aliens of the Frieza Force, she had to close her business for a while. But that didn’t mean that she didn’t do things for herself. And thanks to Celestia and Luna summoning her and her friends to Canterlot the day before, Rarity didn’t had time to sort her home out. Such as… putting the towels in the bathroom.

The same bathroom Broly was in!

“Oh no!” She shrieked as she almost fell of her chair in panic.

“He’s got nothing to dry himself with!”

After grabbing the towels, Rarity immediately bolted out of the kitchen and through the hallways.

“I hope I’m not too late!” She shouted as she rushed through her home.

She could see it. The bathroom door. And it’s still shut. She could make it.

That was until as she ran towards the door, the door handle moved. The door opened with steam escaping. Rarity immediately screeched to a halt as the door opened wide. Then the second she saw Broly’s shadow, the unfortunate Unicorn yelped as she raised the towels over her face. Blocking the view of the Saiyan standing in the doorway. Knowing full well that he was completely bare, she began to form a very deep blush of embarrassment on her face.

The naked Broly looked at the quivering Rarity. Seeing that she was covering her face with the towels. The giant looked at her in confusion.

“What are you doing?”

Rarity gawked in response. As if Broly was thinking that she was the one acting odd.

“What am I doing!? W-What did I say about being naked in front of others!?”

“I’ve got nothing to dry myself with.”

Rarity paused in realisation. With some thought, she realised that the whole situation was her own fault. It was her that didn’t provide Broly towels to dry himself. And he was still new to pony customs. As shock gave way to guilt, Rarity felt bad for snapping at him. So much so that she almost lowered the towels to look at Broly’s face. Only to remember that he was wearing nothing and recomposed herself. Daring not to look at his wet naked body.

“Oh, right. I’m sorry. I didn’t give you towels. Here.”

But just as Rarity was about to hand Broly the towels, the two heard the bells of the front doors opening. Followed by a friendly greeting of a young pony.

“Rarity! I’m home!”

While Broly looked down the hallway in confusion, Rarity looked over her shoulder in the same direction in complete shock.

“Sweetie Belle’s home!?”

“Who’s that?” Broly asked.

Not wanting her younger sister to catch her in what could be her most awkward moment, Rarity threw the towels at Broly. Covering most of his body. Then with haste, the Unicorn tried her hardest to push Broly back in the bathroom.

“Quick! Get back in there!” She panicked as she grunted from pushing what felt like a brick wall.

Confused at what was going on, Broly stood his ground as he watched Rarity trying and failing to move him. The poor mare began to plead with him.

“Please! Get in there! And get dry!”

“…Ok.”

Obliging to the Unicorn, Broly walked back in the bathroom. Much to Rarity’s relief.

“And don’t forget to use the towel to cover yourself,” Rarity said as she quickly closed the door. Only to remember that Broly might wear the towel on his head. She quickly shouted to give direction.

“Around your waist!”

She was then surprised when she heard her sister’s voice calling out to her.

“Rarity! There you are!”

Looking down the hallway, Rarity could see her younger sibling rushing up to her. Sweetie Belle had a bright smile on her face as she got closer to give the white Unicorn a big hug.

“You’re back from Canterlot!”

While Rarity was glad to see that her little sister was alright after the alien ordeal, she was confused as to why she was home so early.

“It’s good to see you safe, Sweetie Belle. But what are you doing here? I thought school reopened today.”

After pulling away from the hug, Sweetie Belle explained what was going on.

“It was. But Miss Cheerilee gave the whole school the day off. To celebrate winning against the aliens and for ponies to get back to their families.”

“Well, isn’t that very thoughtful of her,” Rarity complimented. Thinking that it was the right thing to do after their horrendous ordeal.

Sweetie Belle then brought up something that Rarity wasn’t expecting so soon.

“What’s more, me and the others heard that it was another alien that stopped them. And on my way here, I heard rumours that the alien is here in Ponyville. Is it true? Is the good alien really here!?”

Startled by the barrage of questions, Rarity tried to settle down Sweetie Belle.

“Woah, calm down, Sweetie. Don’t get too excited.”

The younger Unicorn grew an annoyed frown at her big sibling.

“Can you stop that? I’m not a little filly anymore.”

Rarity paused as she looked at Sweetie Belle. It was true. But with all that had happened over the past few years, all the adventures she had with her friends, she at times kept forgetting that her little sister was growing up. Practically half-way in her teens.

“Oh. Sorry Sweetie,” Rarity said with a smile. Still wanting her sibling to be the cute little sister she always had known.

Sweetie Belle then brought up the previous subject again.

“But is it true though? That a good alien saved our world and is in town?”

“Umm… well…

Rarity felt uneasy as she tried to answer. Being in the same town was one thing. But to explain that the same alien was in the same house as her… she didn’t know how Sweetie Belle would react. Would she be intimidated? Would she be scared? Should she even say that he was just a couple of feet in the other room?

As Rarity tried to think of an answer, Sweetie Belle’s attention shifted. Her expression changed to confusion as she looked at the floor behind the older Unicorn.

“Hay? Why is the floor wet?”

Startled by the question, Rarity quickly turned to look at the floor as well. Only to see a small puddle of shower water was present. After stuttering to find an answer, Rarity made her reply.

“Oh that!? Well… umm… I… I just got out of the shower.”

Unfortunately for her, the answer only puzzled Sweetie Belle more.

“Really?”

She then explained the reason for her doubts.

“But… you’re bone dry. And you usually wear your bathrobe when you finish.”

She then pointed at a rather big evidence.

“And your feet don’t make a print that big.”

Following Sweetie Belle’s finger, Rarity could see a large wet footprint in the carpet. The white Unicorn began to feel nervous as she tried to think of an explanation.

“Oh… well… about that…”

Sweetie Belle began to get suspicious. Even making a guess.

“What’s going on? Are you… Are you hiding someone? Is there someone in the bathroom!?”

Rarity’s nerves began to go haywire. Making her wish that the school didn’t send the students home for the day. In fact, one of the main reasons she wanted to be the first to rehabilitate the Saiyan was because her sister would be in school and not in the way. But with her at home, it would only cause complications. Not to mention how the warrior would react to her. Her nerves caused her to mumble and sweat.

“Umm…errr… S…Sweetie. Let… me explain. The thing is…”

All the tension that was building up in Rarity suddenly reached new heights from the sounds of the bathroom door opening. The white Unicorn froze on the spot in suspense. The moment had come. But more importantly, hoping that the towel had been worn. The surprised Sweetie Belle looked behind her older sister. She was about to see for herself what Rarity was not telling her. But what she saw left her stunned in awe. Stepping out of the bathroom, was a huge muscular figure that towered over Rarity. In fact, Sweetie Belle’s height was only just below his waist. To her, the individual looked like a stallion. But upon looking at his furless body and the shape of his face, she knew that the person was no anthro pony. Something so familiar. Yet… so alien. Her eyes widened in astonishment.

Rarity held onto her breath as she slowly turned around. Mentally praying that the Saiyan heard what she said about the towel. And where to wear it. As she turned to her head to look, she saw that he had listened. The large yellow towel wrapped around his waist. The Unicorn let out a loud sigh of relief as she calmed down.

“Oh, thank goodness you heard me,” She said, relieved that the Saiyan was already learning.

As he responded by looking at Rarity, Broly then turned his gaze towards the smaller Unicorn behind her. The girl standing motionlessly as she stared at him in surprise and awe. And much to his interest, with no fear displayed.

“Who’s this?” Broly asked Rarity.

Remembering that her sibling was present and wanting their first meeting to go as smoothly as possible, Rarity put on a smile as she replied.

“Oh, right. I should introduce you to her.”

She continued as she stood beside her sister. Speaking softly as she gave introductions.

“This here is my cute little sister, Sweetie Belle. She lives here with me.”

With the younger Unicorn unable to respond, Rarity tried to get her to speak.

“Well? Aren’t you going to say hello?”

When Sweetie Belle finally spoke up, she spoke with the most basic of greetings.

“H…Hi.”

Rarity then motioned towards Broly. Continuing the introductions.

“Sweetie. You know that alien everypony is talking about? Well… this is him. His name is Broly.”

The continuous lack of response from her little sister caused Rarity to give her a questionable look. But upon seeing her face, the younger pony’s expression remained the same. Stunned in awe as she continued to stare at Broly.

“Sweetie Belle. It’s rude to stare like that,” Rarity added. But Sweetie Belle’s reply remained the same. As if her mind had become lost.

“H…Hi.” She repeated. Not tearing her gaze from the Saiyan over twice her height and only wearing a towel.

After their introductions, Broly turned towards Rarity.

“How are my clothes?”

“Oh. They should be finished soon. You can wait in the sitting room while I fetch them,” Rarity replied while holding on to Sweetie Belle’s shoulders. Trying to move her body as it remained still from mental shock.

“Come on, Sweetie Belle. Let’s make our guest feel welcome,” She continued as she finally got the younger sister moving with Broly following behind. Despite walking at Rarity’s pace and facing away from the Saiyan, the same expression of awe remained plastered on Sweetie Belle’s face.

“H…Hi.”
…………………………………………………………………………………........................................................

After a short walk, the three made it in the sitting room. With the violet sofa being the only thing big enough for him, Broly sat down on it. Rarity meanwhile went in the kitchen to check on the Saiyan’s clothes. It left Sweetie Belle alone to keep the Saiyan company.

The almost former filly sat silently in her chair. Fidgeting her hands and looking at the ground, Sweetie Belle had never felt so awkward. Taking quick glances at what was essentially a big hulk of muscle. A lot of things about Broly was making her feel uncomfortable. One of the most obvious was the fact that he was an alien. An actual extra terrestrial in her own home. Sitting only a couple of feet away from her. But what was more interesting was how much he looked like her own kind. Another thing that made her feel nervous was the obvious fact that he was only wearing a towel. The giant practically naked. Causing her to blush a little as she glanced away. Broly meanwhile passed the time by looking around. Bewildered by his surroundings. While the Saiyan was distracted, the nervous Sweetie Belle took another look at him. Upon another inspection, she saw that Broly was wearing his golden necklace. The girl didn’t know why, but she was fascinated by it. The colours. The way it looked. She found it quite interesting. But then as Broly turned is gaze to look at her, Sweetie Belle made a nervous squeak as she looked away.

‘What’s the matter with me!? He may be an alien, but Rarity said that he’s a guest in our house. I should stop acting like a little filly and act up.’

But just as Sweetie Belle turned to look at Broly, she immediately backed out and looked away again. Surprised to see that the Saiyan kept looking at her.

‘Wh…Why is he staring at me!? J-Just what is he thinking?’

Sweetie Belle kept trying to keep level-headed as she kept taking quick nervous glances at Broly. Only to see that his remained unbroken. Keeping his sights on her. Sweetie Belle soon timidly kept her sights on Broly. Wondering why he was looking at her. Could it be that she had something on her? Or could it be… that he was waiting for her to make conversation? Either way, being stared down by an alien felt quite intimidating. Even if he was on the side of good.

Despite feeling pressured, Sweetie Belle still needed to be a good host. Broly was a guest after all. Wanting to break the tension, she asked him the first thing that came to her head.

“Uhh! A-Are you thirsty!? Y-You want a milkshake!?”

Though Broly didn’t answer, Sweetie Belle felt as though she should just go along with it. The nerves getting to her.

“I-I’ll get you a milkshake!” She said as she rushed out of the room.

Broly was left alone as he continued to inspect the room he sat in. Then passed the time by pressing his hand down against the sofa he sat on. Intrigued at how soft the material was. It almost felt like a bed. Not long after, Sweetie Belle arrived back. Holding a tall glass of strawberry milkshake in her hands.

The nerves kicked in again for the young Unicorn. Handing the glass over meant that she would have to get close to the huge Saiyan. Taking nervous steps, the shy pony reached her arm out to hand over the glass.

“H-Here. It’s a drink.” She said in a timid tone.

Seeing the pink milk-like fluid within the glass, Broly was curious as to what it tasted like. Since he had never seen a liquid with such a bright colour to it. Accepting the drink, Broly reached out his huge arm and held onto the tall glass. Using as little strength as possible as to not crush it.

Sweetie Belle took a step back as she curiously watched Broly inspect the drink. The Saiyan even went as far as sniffing it. His eyes widened from how sweet and delicious it smelt. Deciding to taste it, Broly took a sip of it. The second the fruity taste touched his taste buds, his eyes widened in surprise as he took another look at the drink. He had never tasted anything like it before. And he found it tasty.

“D-Do you like it?” Sweetie Belle asked. Unsure of what to make of Broly’s reactions.

She then received a reply.

“It’s… very good.”

Not expecting a compliment, the stunned Sweetie Belle began to smile as she watched Broly take a second sip of the milkshake. Surprised at how amazed he looked for what was otherwise a normal drink to her.

“Wow, you’re… acting as though you never had a milkshake before.”

To her surprise, Broly began to chug the drink down. The Saiyan obviously finding the drink very delicious. But as he kept consuming the cold fluid, Sweetie Belle began to feel concerned. Warning Broly.

“Woah, slow down. If you drink that too quickly, you’ll get…”

Sweetie Belle paused as soon as Broly quickly stopped drinking. The Saiyan briefly grunted as he suddenly felt a very cold feeling in his head. The warrior squinted as he placed his right hand on his head to try and ease the sudden but minor pain. Sweetie Belle then finished her sentence. Revealing to Broly what he was feeling.

“… brain freeze.”

As Broly slowly recovered from his first brain freeze, Sweetie Belle suddenly found herself not as shy as before. In fact, she no longer felt intimidated by the Saiyan as all her nervous tensions faded away. The way he acted from tasting the milkshake, seeing his almost child-like response… she found Broly less scary and more… adorable.

As Broly fully recovered, he looked at Sweetie Belle before speaking. Surprising her with what he said.

“T-Thank you. The drink was good.”

Sweetie Belle suddenly felt the feeling of accomplishment. She had offered an alien a treat and showed gratitude for it. Her smile began to grow bigger. Feeling as though she was starting to connect to Broly. In her mind, she hoped that she and him could be friends. The thought then gave her ideas. One of which was to introduce him to her other friends. Scootaloo and Applebloom. Surprisingly, she found the idea exciting.

She then averted her gaze towards Broly’s necklace. Wanting to get a closer look at it.

“Hay, B-Broly? Can… can I have a look at that?” She asked as she pointed at the necklace.

Seeing that Sweetie Belle was talking about his necklace, Broly felt unsure. While his mind remained foggy from his past, he still felt very attached to it. But looking at the Unicorn, she was only a harmless little girl. An innocent soul that just moments ago gave him a tasty treat. She clearly wanted to befriend him. So, after swallowing his anxiety, Broly allowed it.

“Ok.”

Given the all clear, Sweetie Belle walked up to him to get a closer look at the necklace. Even getting a chance to hold the golden plate. Caressing the metal with her small thumbs.

“Wow. This is pretty cool,” She said.

As she let go of the necklace, Sweetie Belle paused in realisation. She had already grown comfortable around Broly. Even going as far as to approach him in a casual manner. Her stunned expression soon changed into a smile. Quickly taking a liking to his surprisingly gentle eyes.

“You know… you’re pretty cool.”

While Broly appreciated the compliment Sweetie Belle gave him, he was surprised that the Unicorn went from being shy to being confident all within a couple of minutes. Reassured that Broly was friendly, the young pony began to ask him a question.

“I was wondering. What kind of alien are you? I mean, you don’t look too different from us.”

“I’m a Saiyan.”

Sweetie Belle took the name in. She had never heard of such a word before. She began to inspect Broly’s muscular arms before making an assumption.

“You really took on a whole army by yourself?”

“Yes. Saiyans are a warrior race.”

After poking Broly’s right bicep, the Unicorn asked one more question.

“How strong are you?”
………………………………………………………………………………….......................................

Meanwhile in the other room, Rarity had just finished getting Broly’s clothes from the washing machine. As she took a long glance at them, she formed an idea. Normally, she would have to hang the wet clothes up to dry. But the process would take hours for the clothes to dry completely. And she didn’t know how long Broly would be willing to wear the towel. Instead, the Unicorn brought out a spell book Twilight lent to her. After finding the right page, she read the instructions on what to do.

“Right. This should do the trick.”

After putting the book aside, Rarity began to use her magic. Both her horn and hands glowed blue as she pointed at the pile of wet clothes. Closing her eyes to focus, she began to use the spell. The clothes too began to emit the same glow. Then after a couple of seconds, the spell ended. Both the clothes and Rarity stopped glowing as she opened her eyes to inspect the results.

The fashionista smiled in joy. The clothes were instantly dry.

“Yes. The instant dry spell worked like a charm. Thank you, Twilight.”

Happy with her accomplishment, she went to go and met up with Broly. Eager for give him the good news and for him to get back being clothed. But she then felt a little concerned.

‘Wait. I left Sweetie Belle with him. I hope she isn’t too frightened.’

After walking into the sitting room, her fears were put to rest. And replaced with mental shock from witnessing something she never thought would ever happen. Broly and Sweetie Belle were getting along with each other. In fact, Rarity’s sister was having fun. Broly was just standing there with his right arm stretched out. While Sweetie Belle was hanging on the end of his wrist as if it were a big monkey bar. The small Unicorn swinging and jerking about to see if she could budge the Saiyan’s arm.

“Wow. You’re like a rock. I can’t move your arm at all,” Sweetie Belle said in amazement. No matter how much she swung around, she couldn’t get Broly’s arm to move in the slightest. Broly meanwhile was just staring at her in interest. Curious of her antics.

“Umm… what’s going on here?” Rarity asked. Curious as to what caused such a sight.

Seeing her big sister in the room, Sweetie Belle released her grip and landed on the floor.

“I-I was just testing to see how strong Broly was,” She answered. Feeling as though she was in trouble.

Rarity smiled at Sweetie Belle’s curiosity. The fact that she would do such things with Broly showed that she was beginning to warm up to him. Something that Celestia wanted to happen to aid in the Saiyan’s mental recovery. Once more, proof that Broly being good was possible. But what made her especially happy was the fact that she just watched her own little sister playing with him. Having fun with such a powerful being.

After remembering what she had done earlier, Rarity turned towards Broly.

“Oh, Broly. Your clothes have finished and are now fresh and clean. You can put them on now.”

But just before Broly could move, Rarity immediately stopped him before correcting herself as a small blush of embarrassment appeared on her face.

“In the other room!”

Remembering what Rarity said earlier about public decency, Broly nodded in acknowledgement before walking in the kitchen. The Unicorn closing the door behind him.

As Rarity breathed a sigh of relief, Sweetie Belle looked at her in confusion.

“What was that about?”

Rarity looked at her little sister with an uncertain expression. Unsure how to answer her question. Whenever such a subject was brought up in her presence, Rarity’s usual response would be ‘wait until your older’. But she knew that Sweetie Belle wouldn’t accept that excuse anymore. She was indeed approaching such an age where she would eventually learn such things. Or to Rarity’s worst fears, want to discover them for herself. She wanted to preserve what little innocence Sweetie Belle had left. But at the same time, not to treat her like a baby. After a rush of uncertain thoughts, she decided to explain something about Broly to her. But in a way that’s not too adult.

“Well… you see, Sweetie Belle. You know when ponies get very shy at… getting changed in front of others?”

“Yeah?” Sweetie Belle replied. Raising her eyebrow in suspicion.

“Well… Broly is… the exact opposite.”

Sweetie Belle only had to ponder for a second what Rarity was implying. The Unicorn froze as shock overtook her expression. A small blush formed on her cheeks.

“Y-You mean he’s…?”

“Yes, Sweetie. It’s a bad habit he needs to work on. I hope.”

Not long after, Broly returned to the sitting room. Thankfully, fully clothed. Much to Rarity’s relief.

Ahh. Now that’s much better.”

It was Sweetie Belle’s first time seeing Broly in his normal clothes. Looking him over with eyes of interest from top to bottom.

“Wow. I really like your look,” She complimented.

But as Rarity looked at him, she felt as though Broly was missing something. Despite wearing all his garments. It was when her sights moved onto Broly’s chest. It was the only place where he was not clothed. While there was nothing wrong with that, the topless Saiyan would certainly draw a crowd. Especially with a body that certain mares in heat would drool over. He would need some sort of concealment. Broly noticed Rarity staring at him.

“What is it?” He asked. With Rarity answering.

“Sorry, it’s just that I think it would be best if you wore something on your top. I’ll be right back.”

Leaving the Saiyan confused, Rarity quickly rummaged through her draws and closets to find something that not only suited Broly’s look, but that would be in his size. But with him being larger than any anthro stallion would be problematic. After her frantic search, she had found something.

“Got it!”

Upon holding it up, it turned out to be a large white open vest. Turning around, he handed it to Broly.

“I may be a little dull, but it should do you nicely.”

After inspecting the material, Broly proceeded to put the vest on. After so many years, Broly was finally wearing something over his top. However, upon wearing the vest, it turned out that it was just a little small for him. So much so that it was impossible to zip up the vest. Which caused his muscular chest to still be in open view. To which Rarity and Sweetie Belle noticed.

“Oh. I will have to take your measurements later. But that would have to do for now.”

Sweetie Belle however had mixed feelings about it.

“Hmm… I don’t know. I think he looks better without it.”

After giving her sister a questionable look, Rarity turned back towards Broly. Finally giving him an explanation of what was going to happen.

“Alright, Broly. Now that you’re properly cleaned up, we can begin.”

Sweetie Belle looked at her big sibling in confusion.

“Begin what?”

Realising that Sweetie Belle was new to the whole thing, Rarity explained.

“Well, Sweetie Belle. Celestia tasked me and the others on helping Broly adjusting to our way of life in Equestria. And right now, it’s my turn.”

Knowing of what was going on, Sweetie Belle suddenly grew excited.

“Oh! Oh! Can I help!? I won’t get in the way! Pleeeeeeese!”

Surprised at how eager her little sister was, Rarity thought about it for a moment. Eventually deciding to go along with it.

“Alright, Sweetie Belle. I guess some extra help would be needed.”

“Yay!”

With the extra assistance decided, Rarity turned back to the patient Broly.

“Alright, Broly. Our lesson for this morning is going to be one of the most important. I’m going to teach you about generosity.”
……………………………………………………………………………………….......................................................

With all the detours and distractions out of the way, Rarity was ready to implement her teachings to Broly. And what way would she teach him better than the element that she represented. Making him learn how to be generous. One of the lessons of life that was incredibly absent in his past. It didn’t take long for the Unicorn to implement a practical exercise.

“Alright, Broly. I’m going to give you an example of how to be generous. By telling you about how I used it to overcome a problem,” Rarity said.

As Broly patiently listened, Rarity then explained one of her acts of generosity from her past.

“There was once instance where me and my friends had to cross a rapid river. Which was caused by a giant distressed sea monster.”

Then like a teacher, she turned to Broly with a question that he had to answer.

“Now, what did you think we’ve done to resolve the problem?”

But with all that he knew, Broly’s answer was not what Rarity expected. As well as it being rather morbid.

“You put him down.”

Rarity was left aghast at what the Saiyan said. She never thought that such a heartless option was possible. Sweetie Belle meanwhile giggled in response. Thinking that what Broly said was just dark humour. Rarity then gave Broly the correct answer.

“Absolutely not! We would never consider such a thing. What we’ve done was ask him what was wrong. To which he told us that half his moustache was cut off.”

As she continued, she revealed to Broly what act of generosity she’d done.

“So, in act of generosity, I cut off my tail and gave it to him as a moustache extension. By doing that, he calmed down and the river settled.”

Broly however showed confusion as to what Rarity was telling him. Seeing the confusion, Rarity explained what she had done.

“You see, Broly. Me giving him my tail is me being generous and it made him feel better. Generosity is giving something without expecting anything in return. Let’s practice that.”

After a quick trip to the kitchen, Rarity returned with a tub of vanilla ice-cream and a pack of ice-cream cones. Much to Sweetie Belle’s confusion.

“What’s with the ice-cream?”

“We’re going to teach Broly how to be generous.”

After putting a scoop of ice-cream on one cone, she handed it to Broly.

“Hold this,” She said.

But as she turned her back to get another ice-cream cone, she heard Sweetie Belle giggling in amusement. The older Unicorn looked over to her sister in confusion.

“What’s so funny, Sweetie Belle?”

“Broly just ate it.”

Surprised at what she heard, Rarity turned to look at Broly. Only to see that he had already eaten the ice-cream. Vanilla covering his lips. Something that Rarity didn’t want.

“No Broly. That was for the practice were about to do.”

“But it tasted nice,” Broly responded as he licked his lips.

Despite being a little annoyed, Rarity couldn’t help but find the situation a little humorous. It was Broly’s first ice-cream. Of course, he couldn’t help himself. Also, she didn’t specifically say that he wasn’t supposed to eat it yet. So, the fault was her own.

Letting it slide, she reached down to set up a second ice-cream.

“Don’t eat this one yet,” Rarity instructed as she gave Broly the second cone.

Broly stared at the tasty treat in fascination. Almost tempting to eat it again. But he had to restrain himself. But if that wasn’t enough, Rarity handed him another ice-cream cone. The Saiyan held two vanilla ice-cream cones in his hands.

Then as she got back into the pack of cones, Rarity gave Sweetie Belle a cone with no ice-cream. Much to Sweetie Belle’s disappointment.

“Hay! Where’s mine!?” She whined.

“You’ll see,” Rarity answered. Much to Sweetie Belle’s confusion.

With everything set, Rarity explained the scenario to Broly and Sweetie Belle.

“Ok you two. Imagine this. Both of you went out to get ice-creams. You bought two for yourself, Broly. And Sweetie Belle bought one for herself. But as you two walked along the path, Sweetie Belle accidently dropped hers.”

Rarity looked over to her little sister, signalling to her to drop her empty cone. Receiving the message, she dropped her cone. Rarity then continued the scenario.

“You see, Broly. Sweetie Belle wanted that ice-cream. But because she dropped it, you see that she was getting upset.”

She then gave Broly a stern glance as she asked him a question.

“Now Broly. With your two ice-creams, what would you do to make her feel better?”

Broly looked to Sweetie Belle. Acting out the scene, the young Unicorn grew a sad expression. Simulating her disappointment of her loss of ice-cream. Then Broly looked down at his two ice-creams in wonder. Slowly figuring out what to do. And as he did, he remembered Rarity’s story of what she had done in her past. Her act of generosity. She gave up something of hears… to make another happy.

The Saiyan felt surprised. Rarity’s story actually had relevance to what was happening right before him. Discovering the right answer, he spoke up.

“I… give one to her.”

Rarity’s eyes widened in surprise at what she heard. She was astonished. Despite his lack of experience, his answer was correct. That was what he was supposed to do. She was stunned even more from the sight of Broly reaching down to give Sweetie Belle one of his ice-creams. To which the little Unicorn accepted.

“Wow. Thank you, Broly,” Sweetie Belle said with a big smile.

Broly paused. He just performed what could be his first act of generosity. And it made Sweetie Belle happy. What’s more, seeing the young teen smile at what he’d done, made himself happy. The large Saiyan grew a small grin on one side of his face. A sight that made Rarity speechless. She finally understood why seeing the Saiyan smile made Pinkie Pie jump in joy back in Canterlot. Because his smile was genuine. He was happy. And if he was happy, then it was a sign that he was happy being among the ponies of Equestria. A sign that… it was possible for him to be good. Celestia’s plan was working. And it happened right in front of her.

Seeing that the white Unicorn was being quiet, Broly turned towards Rarity with a puzzled expression.

“Was that… the right answer?”

Snapped out of her awe, Rarity smiled as she answered.

“Yes, Broly. That is exactly what you’re supposed to do.”

It wasn’t long before the lessons continued. But what Rarity found surprising was how fast Broly was progressing. Despite being new to generosity, and a few odd hiccups, he was learning much faster than she imagined. She predicted that Broly would get almost full understanding of generosity by lunchtime. Much like her promise to Twilight and the others. In fact, Broly was learning so fast, that she snuck in a couple of lessons on how to be a gentlemen. Such as their current lesson.

“Now Broly. For your next lesson, you need to know how to assist a lady in distress,” Rarity said.

With how well his progress was, Broly was quite keen to learn. Sweetie Belle however was unsure of the legitimacy of the task. Catching on to what Rarity was doing.

“Does that really count as a lesson in generosity?”

“Of course, it is,” Rarity answered. Trying to brush aside any acts of deceit.

“I don’t know. Because some of your tasks is less about generosity and more about manners,” Sweetie Belle continued.

Using her magic, Rarity moved her ‘fainting’ couch next to her. Afterwards she explained the next scenario to Broly.

“Now pay attention, Broly. Because this may be one of your most important lessons. First, you see me walking down the street, enjoying myself. But then suddenly…!”

Rarity surprised Broly by purposely falling down onto her couch. She continued as she laid down on her back. Her tone taking on a dramatic tone due to how ecstatic she had become from teaching Broly.

“…I trip and fall over! Hurting myself and unable to stand back up! But I need to get to a hospital. Then you arrive to see me in need of help.”

She then asked Broly the question.

“So Broly? How can you help me?”

Unlike some of her other questions, the answer Broly found was rather straight forward.

“I carry you.”

Rarity smiled as she replied.

“That’s correct. Now… show me how you carry me.”

Closing her eyes and shifting her position, Rarity was ready to be carried bridal style. Expecting her legs and back to be supported by the Saiyan’s arms. But as she waited, she suddenly felt a firm grip on her waist. By the time she opened her eyes, Rarity yelped in surprise as Broly lifted her up and placed her over his right shoulder. Held in place by his right arm around her hip.

The fashionista gawked and blinked in surprise at what had just happened. When she told him to carry her, it was not in the way she had in mind. Not at all. She gasped in surprise as she began to squirm on Broly’s shoulder.

“Wh-Wha!! Broly! What do you think you’re doing!?” She shrieked as she tried to turn her head to face Broly.

Eventually seeing his face, the Unicorn could see the Saiyan looking at her in confusion.

“You told me to carry you,” He answered. Wondering what he was doing wrong.

“Yes! But I didn’t mean a fireman’s lift!” Rarity responded as she struggled to get loose. Pushing her hands against Broly’s back and shoulders as leverage and even flailing her legs about. But the grip of the puzzled Saiyan locked her in place.

As she grunted, Rarity began to hear a giggle. Looking around, she spotted Sweetie Belle. Sitting on the couch and snickering at the sight before her.

“Sweetie Belle! This isn’t funny!” She snapped. With the chuckling Sweetie Belle responding with what she was seeing.

“But it is, Rarity. From down here, it looks like he’s kidnapping you.”

Rarity paused at what Sweetie Belle said. Even looking away as a small blush appeared on her face. The lift Broly used was what firemen used to rescue victims of a burning building. But with the way she was struggling, it gave a different impression. Rarity began to feel embarrassed. If anypony were to see her, they would certainly get the wrong idea. Especially since some mares liked that sort of roleplay. Which caused her to blush more.

“P-Please let me down,” Rarity calmly said to Broly. To which Broly had done so.

Back on her feet, Rarity turned to Sweetie Belle. Who was still snickering at the comment she made and sitting on the couch. Nettled at her little sister mocking her, Rarity decided to teach her a lesson. By making her part of Broly’s lesson.

“Alright, Broly. We’ll try again. But this time, you have to carry Sweetie Belle.”

The young Unicorn stopped laughing as she looked at her big sister in surprise.

“What!? M-Me!?”

Rarity then grew a smug grin as she turned towards her.

“You did say you wanted to help, right? Now lay down.”

From having her own words used against her and recognizing that Rarity was trying to get back at her, Sweetie Belle had no choice but to comply. She didn’t want to hinder Broly’s steady progress. Just like Rarity had done, the young teen laid down on her back. Admittingly feeling nervous regardless of what kind of lift Broly would use.

Feeling that she was getting payback, Rarity turned towards Broly.

“Ok, Broly. Imagine that Sweetie Belle hurt herself and needs to be carried to hospital. How do you carry her?”

Rarity began to grin mischievously at her sister. Thinking that Broly would give her the fireman’s lift as well.

But as Broly looked down at the nervous Sweetie Belle, he could see that her knees were raised up. Much like how Rarity’s legs were before he picked her up. Obviously, the way the two Unicorns were laying down was a sign. A hint of how to pick up a fallen lady in distress. He then looked down at his arms. Picturing how to pick Sweetie Belle up.

With a mental guess of what to do, the silent Saiyan reached down towards the nervous Sweetie Belle. His right arm placed behind her back, and his left arm under her knees. Then to the surprise of the young teen, with the upmost care, the giant warrior lifted her up from the couch. Standing up to his full height.

Rarity had no words. For starters, her idea of pay back had backfired. Then was the fact that Broly had already learnt how to properly carry a lady in need of help. Further showing that despite appearing to be a brute, the Saiyan could learn very quickly. But what surprised her the most, was the sight of a world-destroying alien being so gentle with someone as small and fragile as her little sister.

As for Sweetie Belle, she had no idea what to feel as she stared up at Broly with a look of surprise and awe. On one hand, she was just as surprised at how gentle Broly was treating her. Another was the fact that by being carried in such a way, it made her feel like a princess from one of her old story books. What’s more was that with him holding her so effortlessly in his huge arms, it made her feel so small and light. As if she weighed nothing at all.

Sweetie Belle began to realise. She was being carried like a princess. Being supported in the arms of a strong man. Treating her like a lady. So when Broly turned his sights to see if she was alright, the perplexed Unicorn made a little squeak of flattery and embarrassment while blocking her face with her small wrists. Trying to hide a blush forming on her face.

Rarity watched the sight with an amused smirk. Finding Sweetie Belle’s reactions simply adorable. She was also very proud of Broly for learning so fast. Smiling at him. Believing that with her teachings, Broly might become the most behaved he’s ever been. A funny idea appeared in her head. An idea that, she would make a gentlemen out of the Saiyan.

As she watched on, Rarity knew that one thing was abundantly clear. With Broly’s newfound eagerness to learn, Twilight’s idea might pay off even better than expected.

Author's Note:

Here we are everyone. The next chapter is finally here.

Apologies for yet again another delay. Between work routers and helping the family, writing this chapter had taken far longer than I hoped. (Apparently listening to music while wearing headphones helps me concentrate). Also this chapter was originally much shorter. Unsatisfied with it, I decided to add in 'filler'. Hopefully I could get another chapter out before the end of the year. If I'm lucky.

And as a note, it's never confirmed how old Sweetie Belle was in MLP. Despite that years had gone by between seasons 5 to 9, her voice and appearance stayed the same. So for sake for clarity, she is slightly aged up in this story. Roughly 15 to 16 years old. The same goes for Applebloom and Scootaloo.

I hope you all enjoyed his late chapter. Please leave a comment. Leave a like. And I'll see you all later.

PreviousChapters Next