• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 8,993 Views, 376 Comments

The Legend of Broly - I-C-U-P



Released from his stone prison to fight the oncoming powerful foes, the residence of Equestria placed their hopes on the most unexpected saviour. Broly.

  • ...
28
 376
 8,993

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: New Day in Ponyville / Broly Arrives in Town

It was half eight in the morning. Time for most of the royal guard ponies to change places. Many ponies unfamiliar with Canterlot Castle would assume the guards to stay in one position all throughout the day. Such descriptions would make it sound like one of the most boring jobs around. But such descriptions were entirely false. To ensure flexibility and mental health, they would exchange positions. They would stay in one location for thirty minutes or an hour, then move to the next area on their listed routes.

Standing by her post, the Earth Pony guardsmare, Velvet Willow, looked up at the clock held up on a nearby wall. She huffed in annoyance from what the clock said.

“Uugh! What’s taking him so long!?”

As if on cue, another member of the royal guard had arrived. A scrawny Unicorn, named Trippy Hoof, stuttered as he fumbled around. Almost dropping his sword.

“Hay. S-So sorry for being late.”

Velvet looked at him with an unamused glare. Her height being taller than him.

“You better be, rookie! You’re fifteen minutes late!” She said with a stern tone, added with annoyance.

Velvet’s description of the new arrival was not a form of insult. Compared to her, the young stallion was new to the role of being a royal guard. Having joined not too long ago. But with his tardiness, Trippy was causing considerable problems for the other guards. When he’s late, it makes the others late. Disrupting the favourable system.

“S…So sorry! I got distracted! H-Here’s your next post.” He said as he handed over a note. The note containing her next assignment.

After looking at the note, Velvet looked over to him.

“You really need to start remembering your work patterns. Writing it down on note pads is a security risk, you know.”

Seeing that he made another error, the stallion felt very nervous.

“So sorry, Lady Velvet! I-I’ll try!”

After putting the note away, Velvet held onto her spear and began to make her way. But not before replying to the younger guard.

“It’s fine. And stop calling me lady! I don’t like that.”

The new guard looked confused. He knew that Velvet came from a noble family. Yet, she opposed to the idea of being addressed as one. In fact… she sounded like she resented it.

But before the Earth Pony mare could leave, the Unicorn said something that caught her attention.

“Oh, hay. Before you go, I was just wondering. M…Maybe… you and I…”

But before Trippy could finish his question, Velvet quickly turned around and gave him a stern and annoyed look.

“I thought I already told you.”

She then quickly looked over the stallion’s frame. Short and scrawny.

“You’re not my type. Nor muscly enough.”

Without a second look, Velvet left the room. Leaving the Unicorn to ponder as he flexed his right arm. Only forming a small muscle on his bicep.

“Well, I’m getting there.”

Strolling alone along the corridor, Velvet thought back to the stallion she left behind.

“That may had been harsh, but he’s too scrawny and wimpish for my liking.”

She then thought about his tardiness.

“And he’s always late to get to his posts every time. Why is he even a royal guard again? Why can’t we have more guards like…?”

She began to remember the alien warrior whom she was informed was fighting on the side of good.

“…like…him?”

Closing her eyes, she began to daydream. Remembering the events of what happened the night before. She recalled seeing the warrior battling another that looked like he was from the same species. But was wearing the same armour as the alien invaders earlier the same day. The enemy then turned himself into a giant monkey monster, but failed to defeat the good alien.

Then came a moment Velvet truly remembered. At first, it looked like the good alien powered up by roaring and screaming. Then it happened. The great warrior’s body was suddenly shrouded in golden light that lit up the night. Despite being far away, she could only guess how magnificent he was as he was being radiated by his surging aura. She was so caught up in the spectacle, she just had to drop her weapon and remove her helmet to get a better view. She even remembered the words she said after witnessing such brilliance.

“W…wow.”

She then began to remember the events after the battle. As she helped with the clean-up and escorting the citizens back to their homes. Velvet overheard what the ponies were talking about. That the alien who defeated the alien army was the same one who had just saved them from the monster. She even learnt the name of the alien from them. To which she uttered quietly to herself.

“Broly. That’s a nice name,” She said as she smiled.

Her final thoughts were when she was off duty. Rather than going back home, she snuck around and eventually found out where Broly was sleeping. She really wanted to see him up close. In fact, she really wanted to meet him. But with her first assignment being on early shift, all she could do was leave a note by the door. She wasn’t even sure if Broly found the note or was mistakenly picked up by somepony else. All the more reason for her to see him in person.

But she began to grunt in frustration as she opened her eyes. The nice thoughts in her head were thrown out the window.

“But thanks to that idiot, I might miss my chance at seeing him again. Honestly...”

As she looked ahead of her, Velvet caught the sight of Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Twilight, Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor appearing from around the corner. Seeing all the royalty at once brought Velvet out of her mood as she stepped aside to let them through. She then bowed her head in respect before addressing them.

“Good morning, your highnesses.”

Celestia smiled at the friendly greeting before responding back.

“Thank you. Good morning to you too.” She said with a warm smile.

Seeing Celestia’s smile had certainly made Velvet’s mood a little better. The guardsmare continued on as she walked past Starlight and the element bearers. As she approached the corner of the corridor, her eyes closed again as she tried to think. Her thoughts were of Broly’s possible whereabouts.

‘With him being an alien, Broly shouldn’t be hard to miss. Where would he be at this time?’

Despite her eyes closed, Velvet had walked through the same corridor so many times that she could visualize where she was going. So when she walked past Spike, she instinctively turned around the corner and down the next corridor.

If only she had opened her eyes at that moment.

With her eyes shut and in deep thought, Velvet Willow had walked right past Broly. Him walking in the opposite direction. But where’s she failed to notice him, the opposite happened to Broly. As soon as the mare walked past him, the Saiyan’s eyes briefly widened in surprise before turning his head to look at the departing mare. He thought that he was just imagining things. But upon looking at her, he could sense something within the mare. Something that none of the other guards had. Something… that not even the princesses had.

‘That one. She’s… not like the others,’ He thought to himself as he watched her walk down the corridor towards another guardsmare.

Upon realizing that he wasn’t being followed, Spike turned back around and saw that Broly had stopped.

“Hay. You coming, big guy?” The small dragon asked.

With his attention regained, Broly followed Spike and disappeared around the corner.

Back with Velvet, she approached the Pegasus mare. Who was looking at her with complete bafflement.

“Sorry I’m late, Mags. ‘You know who’ kept me waiting,” Velvet said. Clearly not pleased at being late.

But as he opened her eyes, Velvet was surprised to see the look of disbelief on her friend’s face. Staring at her in shock.

“What?” Velvet asked her friend.

The Pegasus named Magnolia, who Velvet nicknamed ‘Mags’, continued to stare at her in surprise.

“You seriously not notice him!?”

“What? Who?”

Seeing the genuine confusion on the Earth Pony, the Pegasus revealed what had surprised her.

“That alien! You just walked right past him!”

Velvet stared at Magnolia with a surprised expression of her own. Dumbfounded at what she had heard.

“WHAT!!?” Velvet shrieked as she turned her head sharply back towards the corridor. Only to see that there was nothing in sight.

Velvet couldn’t believe it. Broly was right there, just inches from her, but she was so caught up in her thoughts she completely missed him. The mare let out a loud moan of frustration as she held her hands against her head.

“Ohh, come on!”

Magnolia could only watch Velvet in amusement. Cracking a smile at her friend's dismay.
…………………………………………………………………………………..................

As the group all walked through the castle, Rainbow Dash walked up to Twilight with a question.

“Wouldn’t it be quicker if you just teleport us to the train station?” She moaned. The blue mare quite eager to stretch her wings outside.

“Well, I did think of that. But…”

Twilight paused as she looked back at the back of the group. Seeing that the intrigued Broly was fascinated with his new surroundings.

“…I think this is better for Broly.”

As the walk went on, the group all found themselves in the hallway illuminated by the colourful stained-glass windows. As he entered the hallway, Broly was surprised at all the colours shining through the room. He glanced up to see the image on one of the windows. The ponies then realized that Broly had stopped walking as he looked up at the window. Bedazzled by the colours. Twilight then approached him, curious as to which window he was looking at.

“What is it?” She asked.

“That’s you,” Broly replied as he pointed up at the window.

Following his finger, Twilight could see what he was talking about. And smiled at what was on the window.

“Oh, that. That was the day when I passed Celestia’s test. And when I became a princess for the first time.”

Broly looked down at Twilight as she spoke. When Celestia joined to two, she joined in on the conversation. Explaining to the Saiyan about the stained-glass windows.

“You see, Broly. All these windows reflect on the major events that happened throughout our history. Such as this one. Twilight’s ascension as the Princess of Friendship.”

To the Alicorn’s surprise, Broly was able to understand very quickly what she was talking about.

“I see. So… these windows show the past.”

“That’s right,” Twilight exclaimed before moving along to the next window.

“And that one shows the time when Discord brought his reign on Equestria.”

Broly looked over to the two princesses in confusion.

“Dis…cord?”

“He’s the Spirit of Chaos that brought disharmony and misery to everyone in Equestria. But now he’s changed his ways and has used his powers for good,” Celestia explained.

As the group all listened, Luna felt uneasy from Broly learning about Discord. Given his personality, she feared that the spirit would try and do something underhanded to the Saiyan. Such as pulling a prank. The last thing the ponies would want was to antagonize the same warrior who had the power to eradicate an entire galaxy.

As the three moved down the hallway, Celestia and Twilight explained to Broly each one of the windows. And what they represented. Most of the group thought that the Saiyan wouldn’t be so interested in learning their history. But to their surprise, he was quite keen. Which further solidified Celestia’s idea of rehabilitating Broly.

Upon reaching the last window, Twilight concluded the surprise lecture.

“And there we have it. That’s all the major events that happened on our world. The good and the bad.”

The ponies assumed that Broly would move on with them out of the hallway. But to their surprise, the Saiyan stood his ground. Looking back and forth at all the windows he had gone past.

“What is it, Broly?” Celestia asked. To which the question was answered.

“I’m not up there.”

The group all paused in response to Broly’s words. But for Celestia and Luna, it was something they were worried about. They did say that all major events were reflected in the windows. The good… and the bad. And some of the events that were shown spanned thousands of years. As such, the Royal Sisters knew exactly which event Broly was talking about. But with a worry breath, Celestia walked up to Broly before placing her hand on his shoulder. Gaining his attention.

“You have to understand, Broly. You arriving in our world is a big part in our history. But… it needs to be just mine and Luna’s. Most of the citizens of Equestria fear a lot of things. So, if they were to find out that you, their hero, tried to destroy the world, with Luna and I barely able to fight back, they would lose confidence in us. Or worse, they would fear you. Thinking you to be a monster.”

Then Luna joined in. And to Celestia’s mental surprise, was in an agreement with the latter part of what she said. As if the Moon Princess was trying to find common ground with the Saiyan.

“She’s right. And that is the last thing all of us would want. You understand?”

Broly looked at Luna before glancing down to the ground. His expression showed that he was feeling regret. Regret for his past actions.

“I… understand.”

While the group all breathed a sigh of relief, they did feel bad for Broly. But then Fluttershy rushed up to him with a bright idea.

“But it’s not all bad news. You did save us from the aliens and from that evil Turles. Surely that would count as a big event, right?” The Pegasus mare asked as she looked over to Celestia. Whom stared at Fluttershy in surprise.

But after some quick thought, Celestia seemed to be in an agreement.

“You’re absolutely right, Fluttershy,” She said. Turning towards Broly as she continued.

“It was your actions that saved Equestria from destruction and enslavement. Now that would certainly count as a big event in our history.”

Thanks to Fluttershy’s idea, Broly’s mood had improved. The expressions in his eyes showed that he was more upbeat as he looked back up at the stained-glass windows.

“So… I’ll be up there?”

Celestia chuckled in response. She found it quite adorable for the Saiyan’s obsession of being on a stained-glass window. Like a little kid who wanted to be in a painting. She then glanced over to the windows as she answered.

“I’ll see to it.”

Once the group made their way out of the hallway, it didn’t take them long to reach the exit of the castle. Making their way outside. While the trip to the train station didn’t took long, the group had certainly gained attention from a lot of ponies. Firstly, was the fact that so many royals were all grouped together. Secondly, and most noticeably, that the tall Saiyan was among them. The ponies of the group could all see that the citizens were gazing at Broly in awe and surprise as they muttered to each other. Amazed to see the warrior up close and in the flesh. But more importantly, how glad they were when they saw him. From seeing the alien protecting them, the ponies were greeting him with smiles.

For Twilight and Celestia, the discovery was exceptional news. Already, Broly’s path to redemption was underway. As for the Saiyan, he silently took in the sights around him. As well as eyeing the nearby citizens looking at him. Though grateful for his help, some of the ponies were a little intimidated from his huge muscular frame. More so from the stallions. The same couldn’t be said for the mares. In fact, quite a lot of them liked looking at the tall Saiyan. For a variety of reasons.

The group all eventually made it to the train station. And after a couple of minutes, a steam train arrived on the platform. As the Ponyville group prepared themselves to enter the train carriage, Twilight turned back towards Celestia with a mixture of uneasiness and confidence on her face. No doubt that the task at hand would be one of the biggest she and her friends would’ve ever done.

“Ok, Celestia. I’m a little nervous, but we won’t let you down.”

Celestia replied back with a warm smile.

“I have full confidence in you and your friends, Twilight. Just remember all that we spoke of.”

Broly paid close attention to how the two Alicorns spoke, coming to a conclusion.

“You’re not coming?” He asked the Sun Princess.

While Celestia felt flattered that Broly seemed to be enjoying her company, she was still a princess first.

“I’m afraid not. Me and Luna must stay here to perform our royal duties.”

Then Cadence spoke up, gaining Broly’s attention.

“And Shining and I would have to go back to the Crystal Empire.”

“I don’t think Sunburst could handle Flurry Heart for so long,” The prince said quietly to Cadence. Feeling bad for the Unicorn to babysit a young Alicorn.

The group’s attention was suddenly gained when the train conductor spoke up.

“All aboard! Train bound for Ponyville!”

Seeing that the train was ready to disembark, the group made their way onto the carriage. With Twilight and Broly the last ones to enter. But not before Twilight turned around to say her farewells to the other royals on the platform.

“We’ll let you know how things turn out.”

“We’ll look forward to it,” Celestia replied back.

She then turned her attention to Broly. Smiling at him as she spoke.

“I wish you all the luck, Broly.”

As the Saiyan looked at her, he complied to her with a simple nod. While the gesture seemed ordinary, it was more than enough to make Celestia feel like she had really accomplished something. Broly was really going along with her plan to help him. Making her smile grow bigger.

Because of his size, Broly had to duck his head as he followed Twilight into the carriage. The wooden floorboards of the carriage creaked as the Saiyan moved through to find a seat. Eventually sitting down beside a window. With his size and bulk, he felt a little cramped. But he would have to bare it.

With everyone on board, the train slowly left the station and soon enough, Canterlot was behind them. Back on the platform, the four remaining royals watched on as the train travelled down the mountain.

“It’s strange,” Cadence spoke up. Gaining the attention from the other three.

“What is?” Shining Armor asked in confusion. To which the pink Alicorn looked at him with an answer.

“This feeling. An alien from outer space… is really living with us on our little world.”

Celestia and Luna smiled at how surprised Cadence seemed about the revelation. But it was something that they were all too familiar too. When the Alicorn sisters first met Broly all those years ago, they always knew that there was something otherworldly about him. Only to find out that he truly was an extra-terrestrial.

As memories began to fill their heads, Luna turned to Celestia with a query.

“While I do wish for your plan to succeed, sister. But I thought that we would be doing all that here in Canterlot.”

Celestia turned to face her sister with a reply.

“The best way for him to adapt to our world would be for him to go and explore it. And besides…”

She continued as she faced away towards Ponyville, while also remembering the Saiyan frozen in stone.

“…I think Broly’s been in Canterlot for far too long.”
……………………………………………………………………………..................................

As the train traversed down the mountain and towards the distant town of Ponyville, Twilight and her friends were discussing on the task at hand.

“We have some time before we arrive in Ponyville. So where should we start?” Twilight asked.

But to Twilight’s confusion, the rest of her friends were staring at her with looks of confusion and surprise.

“We thought you already have an idea, Twi,” Applejack admitted. Leaving Twilight surprised to find out that no pony had any ideas of what to do.

“Wait. So, we don’t have a plan at all?” Spike asked in a worried tone.

Starlight began to feel uneasy.

“Once we reach Ponyville, then what?”

The rest of the group began to feel tense. The task given by Celestia had just started and already they felt like they were failing it. But after taking in a calm breath, and remembering everything that Celestia said, Twilight slowly pieced together a plan.

“Calm down, everyone. I think… I think I know what we should do.”

All eyes turned to the purple Alicorn as she explained.

“We’ll each spend time with Broly and teach him how to coexist in Equestria. By doing it this way, he’ll learn from each of our viewpoints.”

“So what you mean is… we each take turns teaching him?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Exactly.” Twilight answered.

With explanation out of the way, the group settled down from the prospect of the idea. They each get to teach Broly how things work in Equestria. The ponies and dragon each seemed keen on the thought.

“Ok. So, who gets to teach him first?” Pinkie Pie asked.

Out of the thinking ponies, it appeared that both Twilight and Fluttershy were the keenest on being the first ones. For the Pegasus, she would get to show Broly the kinder, gentler side of life. Something that the Saiyan was deprived of all his life. As for the princess, she was just excited at teaching the ways of Equestria to an alien. Something that no pony had ever done in history.

But before the two could utter a word, an unexpected voice spoke up to tackle the challenge.

“Well, if teaching him our ways is so important, then I’ll gladly step up,” Rarity proudly spoke.

All eyes stared at the white Unicorn in surprise. They figured that out of the whole group, Rarity would be one of a few ponies to accept the responsibility so quickly. Maybe after getting her workshop done, but not immediately.

“You want to teach him first?” Applejack asked. Surprised by Rarity’s determination to which she showed.

“Certainly. It’s high time for someone to show him generosity. And what better pony to do so than I?”

Rainbow Dash however felt that there was some hidden motive behind Rarity’s decision.

“You’re not planning on dressing him in something frilly, are you?” She asked. Taking on a joking tone. To which Rarity strongly opposed.

“Certainly not! Something like that wouldn’t match him in the slightest.”

As Twilight chuckled at the two bickering, she smiled proudly at Rarity. Amazed that the Unicorn was generous enough to be the first pony to give guidance to Broly. She then motioned her head towards the said Saiyan on the seat across from her. She could see the warrior looking out the window. Eyeing the sights as the train travelled through the countryside.

Wondering what the Legendary Saiyan was thinking about, she shuffled on her chair closer to him before speaking.

“Hay, Broly? Are you alright?” She asked kindly.

Despite staring out the window, Broly heard her question. Transfixed on the sites outside the moving train. As Twilight joined him in looking out at the fields, she was wondering what he was looking at. Only to see that it was just fields and grasslands. As she was about to speak up, Broly spoke first. Surprising Twilight with what he said.

“This world. It looks nice.”

Twilight looked at the Saiyan in surprise. She couldn’t believe that he was the same warrior who was one of legends. He complimented her homeworld. She smiled in response as she looked at the scenery.

“It really is. Isn’t it?” She said. Agreeing with him.

“From what I can remember, there aren’t many planets like this.” Broly said as he continued to admire the sights.

“All the more reason to protect it. Right?” Twilight asked as she looked back at Broly. The Saiyan glanced back at her from her words.

Twilight then took a brief look around her surroundings before turning back to Broly. Noting that he was still somewhat hunched over.

“Sorry if this train is too small for you.”

Broly would agree that he felt rather confined. But he didn’t want to upset his new friend.

“It’s… fine.”

Another thing Broly had to bare was all the staring. Him and his pony friends weren’t the only ones in the carriage. Fortunately, the rest of the occurrence knew of who he was. The alien that chose the side of good. But his imposing size and the fact that he was from outer space still earned looks of awe and interest. Twilight was one of the few ponies who noticed. But was then surprised from what she heard further down the carriage.

“No. Get back here. You might bother him.”

“I just want to look at him.”

Twilight followed the sounds of harsh whisper and a reply of a youngster. It belonged to a mare rushing up the carriage. The reason for her distress was because of her son. The young colt seemed excited as he rushed up towards the princess’s position.

The Alicorn already figured out what was happening. The colt had seen Broly on the train and wanted to have a closer look. Which was the reason why she suddenly felt tense. From what she and the others had seen in Broly’s memories, he had never interacted with young children in the slightest. He might act up. Which would cause unneeded problems. All she could do was hope that Broly would remain calm.

The small six year old colt soon appeared and immediately spotted the giant Saiyan. The boy froze on awe as the alien looked back at him in surprise. Never in his life had someone so young approach him.

“Woah. You’re huge,” The boy said to Broly. Impressed by the Saiyan’s height.

Soon the mother of the child caught up. She was about to tell her son off but was cut off from the sight of the Saiyan. Causing her to briefly hesitate before apologizing.

“Ooh… I-I’m so sorry for the bother. My son’s just excited.”

From seeing that Broly was remaining calm, Twilight spoke to the mare.

“I-It’s perfectly fine.”

“Oh, Princess Twilight,” The mare replied. Surprised to see the Alicorn accompanying the alien. She then turned towards her son.

“Ok. You’ve seen him. Now let’s get back to our seats.”

As he was being pulled back, the colt asked a question to Twilight.

“Princess? Is he friendly?”

Twilight was about to answer. But beyond her control, she began to remember all the destruction Broly had caused in his past. The most noticeable part being the destruction of the South Galaxy. The memories ended as quickly as they came. But Twilight had to answer. Making a nervous grin while doing so.

“Well… only to ponies.”

Satisfied, the colt took one last look at Broly before departing with his mother. Waving goodbye. Leaving him and Twilight alone. The Alicorn let out a loud exhale as she relaxed. Letting the sudden stress leaving her body.

“That was a close one,” Rainbow Dash whispered to Twilight. The blue mare and some of the others of the group were eavesdropping on the whole scene.
…………………………………………………………………………………..................

Eventually, the train was finally approaching the town of Ponyville. And luckily for the group on board, word of Broly’s heroic actions in Canterlot had clearly spread to the town. Every pony seemed to be up and about to make up for the week or two of inactivity due to the invading aliens. Shops and businesses were open as usual.

“Well… here we are,” Twilight said as the train pulled up at the station.

The ponies and dragon felt nervous about how the town would react to seeing Broly. The citizens of Ponyville were the same ponies that at one point all went into hiding from a Zebra. What’s more, the ponies may be afraid of Broly just because he was an alien. The group wished that that had thought of those possibilities before leaving Canterlot. They could’ve sent a message to Ponyville that the same alien who saved them was coming to visit.

Fortunately for the group, they spotted the Mayor of Ponyville waiting at the platform. The way she was standing, it looked as though she was waiting for them. Feeling that she might be the key to carefully introducing Broly to the town, Twilight was the first to leave the train as soon as it stopped. Approaching the elder mare.

“Hello there,” Twilight greeted, causing the Mayor to smile in joy.

“Oh, Princess Twilight. So good to see you and your friends back safely.”

“You were expecting us?” Twilight asked. Confused as to how the Mayor knew that they were coming.

“In a way, yes. When news of the aliens’ defeat reached here, I knew that you would be returning here soon.”

As the elder Earth Pony continued, most of Twilight’s friends left the train to join her.

“What’s more, there was news that what defeated the aliens… was another alien that chose to fight to protect. And that he currently resides in Canterlot Castle.”

“Oh, you heard of that?” Starlight asked as she joined in.

“Everypony has heard of that, Miss Starlight. In fact, if he were here, I would like to shake his hand,” The Mayor said with a joyful smile.

Most of the group all looked at each other and chuckled in response. Knowing full well the reason why.

“Well, Mayor. Today is your lucky day,” Rainbow Dash teased.

“What do you mean?” The older mare asked. To which Twilight answered.

“Well, the thing is. The alien who saved our world… he’s actually here with us.”

The Mayor stared at the princess in amazement and surprise.

“Really!? You mean… he’s on the train with you!?”

Before an answer was spoken, the answer instead revealed itself. The Mayor caught a glimpse of something huge moving in the carriage behind the Mane Six. Then she, as well as the other surrounding ponies, saw the said alien emerging from the train. Standing tall to his full height, he towered over every pony in town. His clothes, his build and his unique facial features were seen by all. The Mayor and the other ponies all stared silently at the giant in surprise and awe. When they heard that an alien was helping them, they imagined him to be very different in appearance. They thought of him as a little grey man. Insectoid. Reptilian. Or any sort of creature with tentacles. But there he was. A mammal with hair. Bipedal. Wearing clothes. For them to see the said alien to look so much like one of their own, it was the last thing they ever expected. Aside from his face and his height, he could very easily blend in with the crowd. To which was a good thing. With him sharing so many similarities to their own, they could quickly welcome him with open arms. What was also a plus was his build. Despite appearing lean, his body was incredibly well toned and muscular. To which a lot of mares had noticed.

Seeing that the Saiyan had gained the town’s attention, Twilight quickly rushed to his side and introduced him to them.

“Everypony! This is the alien who saved our world! His name is Broly.”

She was then joined by Fluttershy. Much to the town’s surprise.

“And it would be nice if you all welcome him like we did.”

The town was stunned. It was not just the Princess of Friendship, but Fluttershy, the Pegasus who was well known for her fear of many things, wasn’t the slightest intimidated by the otherwise imposing alien. For two such anthro ponies to show such trust in him, than it must mean that he truly was the one who saved them all.

While trying to shake off her awe, the Mayor had to stay true to what she said earlier. Taking tentative steps forward, the elder mare approached the giant Saiyan. Looking into the eyes of the alien as he stared back at hers. Watching her walking closer to him. As the Earth Pony mare stopped a couple of feet from Broly, she felt slightly intimidated from how tall he was. But pushing that aside, she put on a brave face as she slowly extended her hand towards the Saiyan. As she spoke, she tried to remember the warrior’s name.

“B-Broly was it? M-May I say… welcome to Ponyville.” She said as she extended her hand to him. Offering her friendship.

Broly looked at her hand in curiosity. Confused as to what the gesture was. Seeing this, Fluttershy spoke to him.

“She wants to shake your hand.”

Finally knowing what the elder pony wanted, Broly cautiously extended his own hand and, remembering his strength, grabbed onto the Mayors. Despite the Saiyan using as little strength possible, the Earth Pony gasped in surprise from the feeling as her hand looked as though it was entrapped in Broly’s giant hand.

“T-That’s some grip you got there,” She said with a nervous smile.

“Thank you,” Broly replied. Taking what she said as a compliment.

As for the Mane Six, Starlight and Spike, they were worried about the handshake. Worried that Broly might accidently hurt the Mayor. Fortunately, the Saiyan was being careful. With the welcome being official, the ponies on the train platform began to settle down as they muttered amongst themselves. All wondering who and what Broly was. Some of which even wanted to get a closer look at Broly. Again, intrigued and curious about his appearance. The Saiyan was slightly startled from the approaching crowd. Never receiving so much attention before. But with a supportive smile from Twilight, Broly settled down and allowed the citizens to greet him.

Twilight and all her friends were watching in amazement. Having the citizens interact with Broly in a positive manner would no doubt help him be sociable. Which was something that he truly needed. While they were a little nervous about how he would react, they were glad that his temper was under control. Again, surprised by how docile Broly was. Despite his immense battle power and potential.

‘I wish you were here right now to see this, Celestia. His new life truly is starting.’ Twilight thought to herself. Looking forward to seeing how Broly’s new life would turn out.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone.

I'm really sorry for such a late chapter. Between planning this part of the story, as well as other things going on at home, it's becoming harder to get the time to set things out. Hopefully things would clear out for me in the future and I could finally get back in my stride.

I hope you'll all enjoy this sweet chapter. Please leave a comment. Leave a like. And I'll see you all soon. (Hopefully not another three months):facehoof:

PreviousChapters Next