• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 8,959 Views, 376 Comments

The Legend of Broly - I-C-U-P



Released from his stone prison to fight the oncoming powerful foes, the residence of Equestria placed their hopes on the most unexpected saviour. Broly.

  • ...
28
 376
 8,959

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4 (Prologue): The Near-Death Match

Luna, the Princess of the Night, stood completely still from shock.

What she had just witnessed before her had left her speechless. As she was fighting King Sombra, a mysterious being appeared from out of nowhere and defeated the Unicorn king.

But it wasn’t the defeat itself that left Luna in a horrified state. It was the way he was defeated. The stranger had beaten him with hardly any effort at all. Displaying speed, strength and power the likes she had never seen in her life.

With the Crystal Empire gone due to Sombra’s curse, Luna had a clear view of the being hovering in the air above her. Staring fearfully at him as she tried to comprehend what in Equestria had happened.

‘I don’t believe it! He defeated Sombra so easily! How!? How is that even possible!? Just… just what even is he!? And how is he so powerful!?’

Up in the air with his arm still outstretched, Broly continued to stare at the spot where he vaporized Sombra’s body. Whom he thought was Kakarot. One would think he’s satisfied. But he wasn’t. His expressions showed anger and confusion. He swore that, in his shaken mind, the one he defeated was Kakarot. But the fight was easy. Too easy. And the fight ended much sooner than he expected. Not only that, the power Broly sensed within him was too weak. Even for a base form Saiyan. Even for a Saiyan in general for that matter.

Was Kakarot not fully prepared? Was Kakarot slacking on his training and got weaker? Or was that even Kakarot to begin with?

Unsure of what was going on, Broly retracted his arm and grunted in annoyance.

“Kakarot!”

Seeing the darker expression on the Super Saiyan’s face caused Luna to step back from intimidation. However, she unknowingly stepped on one of the broken pieces of King Sombra’s scythe. Luna froze in place when she felt the piece crushed beneath her shoe.

Unfortunately for her, the sounds of cracking crystals caught Broly’s attention. His eyes went slightly wide in surprise as he turned his head right and spotted the Alicorn below him.

Silence filled the cold air as Luna stared on in fright. Unsure how he would react to her.

As he stared back, Broly tried to piece things together. When he arrived on the scene, he saw her standing next to the one he thought was Kakarot. With his sanity shaken hard, he assumed that she must be some sort of ally to the other. And if she was a friend with the enemy, then she must be an enemy too.

With his mind made up, Broly grew a sinister smile as he started to chuckle like a mad man. His actions made Luna gulp in fear, afraid that it would lead into a fight.

After rearing his left arm back, a ball of green ki formed in his palm. Then with a quick yell, he threw it at the frightened Luna.

Upon seeing the incoming attack, Luna yelped and tried to fly away. Though she avoided the attack itself, the large explosion that followed nearly threw her into a tailspin. Caught in its powerful gust of wind from the blast.

Luna would’ve stumbled over violently if she hadn’t steadied herself and landed back on the ground. Looking back up at Broly in shock and anger.

“What do you think you’re doing!? Why would you…!?”

She was interrupted by the sight of Broly forming not one, but two green spheres in his palms. Then after a quick crazed chuckle, he threw both of them down at her.

From seeing just what one of those attacks could do to a pony, Luna didn’t want to know what two would do. From trying to receive less damage as possible, she teleported out of the way before the attacks could hit her.

Reappearing some distance away, the frightened princess looked up to see Broly. But only to watch him raise his right arm towards her new location and fire a volley of green spheres at her. With a strong beat of her wings, Luna took flight as the orbs descended behind her. As she flew across the snow-covered land, the orbs explode behind her. A trail of destruction followed her every move, causing the Alicorn to keep on flying as fast as she could.

As she panted from fright, she could no longer hear any explosions. Meaning the bombardment had stopped. But she was far from safe. Broly began to follow her at great speed. Looking over her shoulder, Luna was shocked to see the Super Saiyan quickly catching up with her. Even though she was at full speed, Broly was much faster then her. The blue Alicorn then shifted her wings to fly upwards, hoping to outmaneuver Broly. But as she thought he was off her trail, she suddenly felt a very strong grip on her right ankle. Causing her flight to come to a sudden stop. Looking down, Luna gasped to see that Broly’s right hand had grabbed onto her. Before she could fight back however, Broly spun around, let out a brief insane laughter, and threw Luna back towards the ground.

Unable to stop herself, the Alicorn crashed into the snowy ground as she then skidded to a halt. Despite wearing magically enhanced armour and the snow cushioning her fall, she cried out in pain from the crash. Luna squinted in pain as she slowly rolled onto her back. While she took in deep breaths to recover, she looked up to see Broly in the sky. Laughing madly as he looked down upon her.

“Haahahahahahaa!!”

Luna could see it in his eyes. No matter who he was against, royalty or not, Broly was clearly enjoying bringing harm to others. And gaining joy out of seeing others suffer from his actions. He didn’t care if his actions were reckless or had no valid point to them. With no remorse. No mercy. What he did to King Sombra. What he was trying to do to her. What he would eventually do to everypony else in Equestria. Broly was causing destruction… for fun.

From seeing the revelation, Princess Luna never felt so disgusted in her life.

Slowly rising back on her feet, Luna glared at Broly with hate. Even more hate then she felt for King Sombra. With her gritted teeth and her hands clenched into fists, the princess was infuriated with the powerful Saiyan.

“You will pay for attacking me! I’m taking you down!”

Broly let out a quick laugh in response before descending towards the ground fast. As he landed on the ground hard, a cloud of snow was thrown into the air as a shockwave travelled through the ground. Luna felt the tremors beneath her feet, but was unmoved. She continued to watch on angrily as Broly rose back up. Smiling at her as if she wasn’t even a serious opponent.

Spurred on by his mockery, Luna threw her sword at Broly. The sharp end bearing down on him. But with a mere sideward chop of his right hand, the Super Saiyan swatted it away. Shattering it. But with him being temporarily distracted, instead of her hands, Luna fired a concentrated blue beam of magical energy at him from her horn. However, Broly saw the attack coming and blocked it with his left palm. The blue Alicorn continued to fire to try and force the Saiyan back. But with the same hand he was using, Broly fired another blast of green energy. The ball of ki was blasting through the stream of magic with its sheer power.

Luna however teleported to the side before she could be hit by it. And with a mighty flap of her wings, charged forward to engage Broly. She no longer cared if he was stronger, she would fight him with everything she got. As she sped across the battlefield, she copied Sombra’s tactic and channeled her magic into her hands. But unlike the Unicorn, where he only enhanced his fists, Luna enhanced both her entire arms. In order to get a fraction of a chance to at least hurt Broly.

But as she threw her first punch, Broly raised his right wrist up and blocked it. While the Saiyan could very easily take the hit with very little harm, especially since he’s in his Super Saiyan form, he felt like playing games with her. For a brief moment, Broly didn’t care if she was much weaker then him. Or even exacting his revenge on Kakarot just yet. He just felt excited that he would get to fight after years of being frozen.

Using her vast knowledge of magic to enhance her strength and increase her speed, Luna threw countless punches at Broly at lightning fast speed. But with his reflexes heightened by his Super Saiyan transformation, Broly was effortlessly dodging them with equal speed. As she fought, the princess couldn’t believe what she was seeing. She was at a level of where hardly anything could evade her barrage. And yet Broly was dodging her attacks as if it was just a common occurrence. Even his face showed that he wasn’t trying.

As Luna continued to miss her mark, she suddenly found her face inches from Broly’s left palm. Her body froze and her eyes went wide with shock from the sudden action. But before Broly could fire a point-blank ki blast at her, Luna teleported behind him to both dodge the attack and to get a jump on him. But thanks to both his senses of hearing and power reading, the Super Saiyan instantly knew she was behind him. So in response, he spun around and swung his right arm out to backhand Luna away. Although she was out of his reach, his swinging motion created a powerful draft from his strength alone. Caught by surprise of being struck without even being hit, Luna yelled as she was flung backwards from the strong force.

Before she could fall on her back, the blue Alicorn adjusted her wings so she remained on her feet. But as she looked ahead, she wished she had fallen to avoid what was coming. Because before she could react, Broly clotheslined her with his right arm against her chest. As she fought against the pain she felt from the impact, she found herself being dragged across the snowy landscape. Looking over her shoulder, she was shocked to see that she was rapidly approaching a huge chunk of crystal.

She could clearly foresee an outcome. Broly was going to squash her into the shiny rock.

But before she could be crushed, the princess teleported away in a flash of blue. Leaving Broly to smash his arm into the crystal.

Reappearing up in the sky, Luna, whom was almost winded from the attack, looked down at to where Broly was. Wondering if he broke his arm. But to her dismay, he was unharmed. His arm merely was buried in the crystal. After pulling his arm free, Broly turned around and smirked at Luna.

‘Doesn’t anything hurt this monster!?’ She thought.

Beating her wings, Luna flew backwards. Gaining altitude while trying to figure out a strategy against the Saiyan. But she didn’t had the time to do so. Because Broly launched himself off the ground and towards the Alicorn. With not much of a plan, Luna swung her arms out and fired a volley of blue magical spheres. But her attacks either missed or did nothing to Broly as he flew through the blasts unscathed. Quickly closing the gap as he stormed towards the princess.

As Broly reached out to grab her, Luna teleported away before he could lay a finger on her. Reappearing behind him, the Alicorn channelled her magic into her left leg. Enhancing her strength as much as she could. Then as she dive-bombed towards the Super Saiyan, she threw her strengthened leg out to kick him in the neck. Attempting to knock him out.

But even though her kick landed a very hard direct hit, Broly however was unmoved. The kick was nothing to him.

Knowing that he would quickly react, the shocked Luna backed off and placed a forcefield around her. But as Broly launched a backwards kick at her, he instantly shattered her forcefield. Forcing her back even further.

After recomposing herself, Luna looked at Broly with uncertainty. She was starting to run out of options. She threw almost everything she had at him and it hardly done any good. She even started to feel exhaustion washing over her. And it didn’t help that she had to constantly flap her wings just to stay airborne. Realising her situation and seeing that the Saiyan had a great advantage at fighting in the air, she teleported straight to the ground. Where she could try to get any advantage if any.

While watching her every move, Broly could clearly see that the Alicorn was exhausted. It looked as though she was nowhere close to fight a Super Saiyan. He even doubt that she could even be a match to his base form. But he could sense that Luna still had plenty of energy left. Meaning that she could still fight. Deciding to toy with her more, Broly lowered himself to the ground. His landing caused the ground to tremble once more.

Then to add more fear into the anthro pony’s heart, he began to march towards her. The ground shook with every echoing footstep he took.

Luna could see the sinister grin on Broly’s face as he walked towards her. Clearly seeing that he wanted to fight more. With her options limited, she decided to give it her all.

“Let’s see how you stand against THIS!” She stated as she brought her hands close together in front of her. Preparing her strongest attack spell.

With her horn glowing bright, she began to harness every drop of magic she had left and channeled it into her hands. Her palms glowing bright blue as her spell charged up.

As he marched on, Broly could obviously see the blue light growing brighter by the second. His eyes slightly widened when he received a flashback. That blue light, it looked very similar to Kakarot’s. He called it a… Kamehameha.

Seeing such resemblance started to anger Broly. Could this attack be the same one? Did she learn it from Kakarot? Did she know him? Many more questions flowed through the Saiyan’s mind as he marched on. His anger burned in his eyes as he whispered to himself.

“Kakarot.”

Luna stared at Broly as she continued to charge up her attack spell. But she was confused. He could plainly see that she was preparing to attack. So why wasn’t he retaliating? Or moving out of the way? Or something?

But as her spell was nearly charged to its fullest, she didn’t care. Broly was locked onto her sights as he got nearer and nearer.

Then as Broly was only twenty feet away from her, Luna’s spell was charged. Ready to give it all she got.

“HHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!”

Luna screamed as she closed her eyes and threw her hands out, firing a large blue beam straight towards the Super Saiyan. Given the size of the attack, Broly was pretty much in point-blank range as the powerful blast slammed into him. Consuming the body of the alien warrior.

But Luna didn’t stop, she kept up her attack to be completely sure that she would win the fight. But for some reason, she felt as though she was going nowhere. She opened her eyes, only to see a terrifying sight. The spell was the most powerful she could ever muster, it landed a direct hit on her foe. But Broly, to her horror… was WALKING THROUGH her beam!

She could see the Saiyan’s outline as the river of magic was slamming into him. But he wasn’t fazed by it. He didn’t budge. He didn’t even bat an eye. He was just walking through her attack… like it was nothing!

‘No way! I…IMPOSSIBLE!!!’

Luna’s horror only skyrocketed when she saw Broly’s right hand reaching out to her. But her shock prevented her from doing anything to stop him. Which left him to grab her by her muzzle.

“Hmmmph!!?”

Feeling the super strong grip on her face caused Luna to cancel her attack as she used her hands to try and pry Broly’s arm off her. But before she could do much, she suddenly found herself being lifted off the ground. Her feet dangling freely as Broly held her up by her muzzle. Feeling the strain as gravity came into play.

“HMMM!! MMMMMPPH!!” The Alicorn tried to shout, but her voice was muffled by the Saiyan’s hand.

Luna instantly tried to teleport away. But she used up nearly all her magic in that last spell. All she could do with her magic was fire weak blasts from her right hand at Broly’s face. But as the smoke cleared, he was left unharmed. He only chuckled from seeing her futile struggles.

The defiant princess continued to struggle to break free. She tried grabbing a hold on Broly’s fingers and thumb to try and force them to loosen. But to her shock, she found that she wasn’t strong enough to do even that. She then started to bash her fists onto his outstretched arm as she kicked him in the chest. All the while demanding to be let go.

“Mmmmmph!! Mmmph hmm mph mm!!”

With desperation growing ever higher, Luna began to flap her wings as hard as she could. Trying to pull away and breaking the Saiyan’s grip. But even that failed. Her muzzle was simply locked in place by the Super Saiyan’s hand.

She then became very desperate. Beating her wings, pressing her feet against Broly’s chest as leverage, punching him and trying to force his arm off. She tried everything. But no matter how hard she tried, she simply couldn’t get free.

Over a minute of struggling went by and Luna still couldn’t get herself free. The entire time, Broly was enjoying seeing her struggle and cry for her release. But to him, she was a possible ally to Kakarot. So he had to deal with her in the only way he knew best.

With very little effort, he started to squeeze his grip.

Luna’s eyes instantly went wide with fear as she felt the slight squeeze. She remembered how easily Broly crushed King Sombra’s fist, he could do the same to her.

Fearing that the Super Saiyan would go through with it, the princess panicked as she thrashed around franticly. Hoping that her actions could at least budge an inch closer to freedom.

But again, her attempts were futile, and her magic was still not enough for an effective teleportation spell.

But to her horror, she could slowly feel Broly’s grip on her getting tighter. It started to hurt. Already feeling the squeeze of his hand on her muzzle becoming unbearable. Her blue eyes started to water from the pain. She then squirmed wildly to free herself as she screamed some more. But her screams were not of demand and anger, they were of plea and fear. She was becoming very desperate.

“MMMMPPH!!! HMMMM MMPH!!!”

As the pain continued to grow, Luna’s actions started to slow from exhaustion and fear. It was hopeless. She just couldn’t escape Broly’s grip. Opening her eyes, she looked at him to see if he really wasn’t planning on doing the unthinkable. But to her horror, Broly showed that he would. His eyes showed no remorse or mercy as he grinned at her fearful eyes filled with tears. For him to show no compassion to someone like her, especially when she was desperate to cling on to life, he was a pure heartless monster.

Luna was beyond shocked. Even Lord Tirek wasn’t as heartless as Broly was. She started to feel the fear burn within her. The Super Saiyan was not like anything she had ever seen. A being of pure absolute strength, but with a heart void of anything except cruelty and destruction.

In that moment, Luna feared Broly more than anything in Equestria.

Then as she felt the Saiyan’s grip getting slightly tighter, causing more pain, Luna closed her eyes. Fearing that he would crush her muzzle and end her life, in total desperation, the Moon princess screamed for help.

“HHMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPHH!!!!!”

Then just as the chuckling Broly was about to clench his hand, Luna’s body was suddenly engulfed in a bright golden light. Then in an instant, she was teleported away.

The confused Broly stood still in silence. That energy didn’t belong to Luna. It came from someone else.

“K…Kakarot!? Kakarot!!”

Author's Note:

Here we are again, the next chapter.

Because of the epic trailer of Dragon Ball Super Broly movie, as well as the hype it came with it, I decided to come back to this story and make another chapter. Sorry if it's a little short.

I know I said I would be making a new chapter for 'BlackWarGreymon: Warrior of Harmony' every two weeks, but with an upcoming holiday in August I decided to take a break for a while. Don't know when I'll release the next one, but I will come back.

So until then, see you guys later and have a great summer!:pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next