• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 8,978 Views, 376 Comments

The Legend of Broly - I-C-U-P



Released from his stone prison to fight the oncoming powerful foes, the residence of Equestria placed their hopes on the most unexpected saviour. Broly.

  • ...
28
 376
 8,978

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5 (Prologue): The Final Decisive Event

Princess Luna couldn’t dare open her eyes. Her futile fight with Broly had left her in a fear-stricken state. Trauma clouded her mind from the fact that she was just mere moments from certain death. All she could feel was the coldness from the snow beneath her. And the pain she felt from her muzzle.

But she could also feel warmth. As if someone was stroking their hand on her face with the gentlest touch. She could also hear a quiet voice. A voice calling out her name.

“Luna!? Luna, can you hear me!?”

In her mind, the voice was very familiar. As if she knew it all her life. As her mind began to process, the voice began to get louder. Causing her to slowly open her eyes as her fear subsided. As her watery eyes opened to their fullest, she could see the face of the white Alicorn. Her sister.

“Please answer me! Luna!”

Luna paused in awe. It was Princess Celestia who saved her from certain death. Her eyes started to tear up again. But what used to be fear and dread, was replaced with sheer happiness and joy. Followed by her smile of relief.

“Celestia!!” Luna cried out as she rose up to give her older sibling a tight affectionate hug.

By feeling how tight the hug was, Celestia could tell that Luna was frightened to near death before she rescued her. But because of how quickly she reacted, the white Alicorn didn’t get a good detailed look at Luna’s attacker. All she saw was that he was big, muscular and had yellow spikey hair. Whoever or whatever he was, he was more then enough to make even the usually fearless Luna scared for her life.

Celestia returned the hug to reassure her little sister.

“It’s alright, Luna. I’m here now.”

After the two parted from their hug, Celestia gave Luna a concerned look.

“But what’s going on, Luna? Where’s King Sombra? And…what was that out there?”

Knowing perfectly well whom her sister was talking about, and saw how much of a threat he was, Luna told her story.

“I’ll tell you sister. This is what happened…”
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Not very far away, Broly was on the prowl. Hovering in the air, moving at a slow pace, the Super Saiyan was looking around. Eying his surroundings to try and find the blue anthro princess. His eyes narrowed as he focused his gaze.

Seeing how Equestrian teleportation worked, Broly knew that Luna wasn’t very far away. Plus knowing that the energy used in the spell was different to Luna’s it meant that someone else interfered. So as he was searching, he was also trying to sense the energy of the newcomer.

After a moment, Broly eventually sensed something close. Two energy signatures. One he already knew of. And the other was new. He turned his head to the right, towards the power levels.

“Hmm?”
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

While sheltered under a ridge of snow, Luna finished explaining to Celestia of what happened.

“What!? He… he defeated Sombra!?” Celestia asked. Both astonished and horrified.

Luna continued.

“Yes. He… he took him down in just a couple of blows. I think he only needed the first punch. He then vaporized his body with some kind of energy attack that wasn’t magic. But Sombra’s shadow became caught in his own curse and then vanished.

Celestia took a moment to take in the situation.

“So, Sombra vanished with the Crystal Empire.”

But Luna reminded her sister of the new danger.

“But we have an even bigger problem. That… being out there is a great danger to everything. He’s not an ally to anypony. Like he did to Sombra, he also attacked me. I…I couldn’t do anything to him. My attacks were useless and…”

Luna paused in fright when she felt the squeezing tension on her muzzle. It was a reminder of what Broly had done to her. The blue princess pressed her hands on her face as she trembled slightly. Remembering how close she was from certain death.

“And he was… so strong.”

Celestia’s expression grew sadder as she watched. Wishing that she had arrived earlier to save her from the pain.

“Luna.”

Then both their ears twitched when they suddenly heard a high-pitched noise in the direction from behind the ridge. Luna’s eyes grew wide when she recognized what the noise was and who it belonged to.

Despite her aching body, Luna grabbed Celestia’s arm and immediately tried to move away from the ridge. Just seconds later, the snow ridge was engulfed in green light. The explosion sent both the princesses hurtling across the snowy ground. The snow cushioning their tumble.

When the explosion died down, both the Alicorns weakly got back up. Luna however remained on her knees as Celestia knelt down to check up on her. But before she could talk to her, the Sun Princess noticed that Luna’s face was stricken with fear as she looked back at the smoke cloud. Following her gaze, Celestia looked in the same direction.

When the smoke cleared, they saw him. With his right arm outstretched in their direction, it was clear that he attacked them. The Super Saiyan Broly chuckled as he grinned at them sinisterly.

Celestia stared at him in a mixture of shock and awe. For him to spot them while hidden was admittingly impressive.

“So I take it that he’s the one?” She asked her little sister.

“Y-Yes. That’s him.”

Celestia could see why Luna was afraid. Like her and Sombra, she too could sense his power. Even by her standards, his power was truly beyond compare. She believed that it might surpass even the likes of Lord Tirek.

As Broly lowered his arm, he spoke out to the two.

“Kakarot. K…Kakarot!”

Celestia was confused and taken back by Broly’s words and tone. His voice sounded aggressive and full of hate. But it was the word that confused her.

But Luna explained what she knew.

“I don’t know why, but he keeps saying that. Sombra believed that it was some sort of name.”

The Sun Princess looked back to her sister when she could hear her grunting. Struggling to stand back up. But both the tumble she had and her fear of Broly prevented her body to function properly.

Knowing what to do for the safety of her sister, Celestia pressed her hands against Luna’s shoulders to encourage her to stay down. Luna looked at her in surprise.

“No Luna. You need to stay here and heal.”

She continued as she looked away and towards Broly.

“I’ll hold him off until you’re ready.”

Luna was stunned. Despite all the things she told her about what happened, Celestia still wanted to fight. She protested in response.

“No sister, you can’t! He’s too strong! If my magic couldn’t even faze him, I’m not sure yours would work either. We…we just can’t beat him.”

Celestia paused in thought before peaking to Luna. But despite the situation, her tone was surprisingly positive.

“Have you forgotten, Luna? The number one duty of being a princess, is to protect Equestria and its citizens. And that means we have to face our foes. No matter the odds.”

She then looked back at Luna with a smile.

“You taught me that in our fight with Tirek.”

Luna was speechless. She was so amazed at what her sister said, she couldn’t even think to retaliate. But it was true. Protecting the land was a princess’s number one duty.

After giving her another heart-warming smile, Celestia looked back at Broly in disapproval. She rose up to her full height and spread out her wings.

But as she did that, an interesting development happened. As Broly finally saw the full appearance of the new arrival, his expression changed, and his eyes grew wide in… surprise and awe. But not from her power, she was still weaker then him. It was from her appearance. The shape of her figure, her gold and white battle armour, her long waving mane. He didn’t know why but for a brief second, he was genuinely amazed.

But it didn’t last long. With his sanity shaken from the horrors of his past, and his mind damaged from the magical effects of that cursed crown he once wore, he shook off the new feeling as anger kicked in again.

“You dare threaten the life of my sister! Now you have me to contend with!” Celestia shouted, almost using her Royal Canterlot voice.

Broly only grinned in response before marching towards her. Though she was weaker then he was, her power was in fact stronger then Luna’s. The revelation causing his Saiyan genes to kick in. Making him excited for battle.

It was then Celestia’s turn to march towards Broly, wanting him to pay for what he did to Luna. As she watched her sister march on in worry, the blue Alicorn mentally admitted that at times, Celestia can be a badass. She then started to use her magic to heal her body.

As the distance slowly closed between them, the two remained eye contact. While Celestia’s was of anger, Broly’s was of sadistic malice. Anticipating an attack, the white Alicorn channeled her magic into her clenched right fist. Making it glow bright gold. The Super Saiyan did something similar. Opening his right hand slightly, he formed a small green ball of ki in his palm.

Then as the two were only forty feet apart, they stopped. Giving each other final looks before…

“RRRRAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!”

With his outburst, Broly threw his right arm out and fired his ki blast. In response, Celestia threw her arm out and fired a magical orb.

An explosion shook the ground as the two attacks collided. Detonating on impact. Using the resulting smoke cloud to her advantage, Celestia launched herself off the ground and flew directly through the smoke. Her right fist tightly clenched, ready to land her first punch. Reappearing on the other side of the cloud, she could see Broly standing still. Not holding back, the white Alicorn threw her punch. But only for her fist… to pass through his face?

Celestia had heard rumours about the existence of the Afterimage Technique. A trick pulled off by immense speed. But as the image of Broly faded in front of her, she was genuinely amazed to see it with her own eyes.

‘S-Such speed!’

Quickly realizing that it would present a problem in her fight, Celestia had to move quicker. Looking behind her, she saw the Saiyan looking at her with his arms crossed and a smug on his face. Determined to avenge her sister, Celestia went on the attack again. Throwing countless punches at his face. Unfortunately for her, he was dodging every single one. Almost as if he was anticipating her every move.

On the side-lines, Luna could see that her older sister was in trouble. Seeing all of Celestia’s attacks miss just proves that Broly might be too much to handle alone.

“Come on. Please go faster,” Luna said to herself as her magic continued to heal her body.

Getting tired of dodging, Broly changed tactics and simply stood firm. Thinking that she found an opening, Celestia took her chance and threw a hard punch to the bridge of Broly’s nose. But to her shock, Broly didn’t even blink at her attack. Meaning that all the dodging he’d done was either unnecessary or just for his amusement.

Seeing that her little sister was right about physical attacks, Celestia had to get some distance away from Broly. So as distraction, she used her levitation spell to rip two sections of ice from the ground either side of Broly. Then throwing her hands together, she used the two sections to sandwich Broly. Attempting to crush him with the large sheets of ice.

But as Celestia backed away, she saw even that failed. Using his arms, Broly elbowed the ice sheets away. Shattering them with his immense strength. Startled, the princess teleported high in the air and, putting her hands together in front of her, fired a golden beam of magic down at Broly.

But to her disbelief, the Super Saiyan jumped towards her beam and, then to her horror, was flying straight through her attack! Immediately switching from offence to defence, Celestia placed a golden forcefield around her. Then as Broly flew up in front of her, a tiny green ball of ki appeared on his chest. Then as he was just a few inches from her, the ki exploded. The force of the blast shattered her shield and sent her hurtling backwards.

After using her magic to stop herself, Celestia gasped to see Broly charging at her again. With sudden panic interfering with her actions, she could only raise her left hand to fire more magic at him. But before she could use her attack spell, Broly shifted slightly to his right. And used his left hand to grab a tight hold on the Alicorn’s left golden bracelet. But before she could shake him off, Broly reached around behind her and used his right hand to grab onto her right bracelet.

Celestia was surprised to find both her spread wrists restrained with Broly behind her holding them. She tried to wiggle out of his grasp, but his grip was incredibly strong. Despite her struggles, she couldn’t get herself free. Then to her shock, she could feel that the Saiyan was placing one of his knees onto her back in-between her wings. She once again tried to squirm free, but with Broly’s left knee pressed onto her back, she was effectively pinned in place.

With his victim immobilized, Broly snickered as he slowly pressed his knee harder as he pulled her arms back. Celestia let out a gasp of pain from feeling the great pressure on her spine and the stretching strain from her arms. She tried her best to fight back the pain, but in terms of strength, she was heavily out-matched.

As she used her magic to heal herself, Luna watched on in horror as her sister was being tortured by the hands of Broly. She desperately wanted to help her, even though her body was aching from the healing process. Though the healing spell was likely the handicap, but what truly held the blue princess back from helping was her fear of the Saiyan. He singlehandedly overpowered both herself and King Sombra with total ease. And was doing the same with Celestia. Whom was known as the strongest magic caster. To the blue Alicorn, Broly was nothing like anything she could compare. He genuinely felt otherworldly. As if he didn’t belong to Equestria in the first place. But there he was.

But she was brought to attention when she heard the cries of her sister. Concern flooded in. If she didn’t do something, then Celestia could be ripped apart… literally.

Looking to her left, Luna spotted Celestia’s blade-tipped lance.

Back up in the air, Celestia tried to use her magic to enhance her strength to overcome her ordeal. But it turned out not even that little trick was enough. Her arms were going nowhere but slowly backwards as she could feel Broly’s knee slowly digging into her spine. Both might pop if it continues. Tears of pain started to appear in her eyes as she cried out more. Her predicament becoming more unbearable by the second.

Looking over her left shoulder, Celestia could see Broly’s face. His grin showed that he was enjoying the moment. Relishing in his own actions.

“W…Why? Why are you… doing this?” The Alicorn painfully asked the Saiyan. Questioning his enjoyment. But the only response she received were more sinister chuckling.

Then the two heard an outburst.

“Release my sister, you beast!!”

Looking down to the ground where the voice came from, both Broly and Celestia saw Luna running with Celestia’s lance in her grasp. Then after enhancing the weapon with magic, the blue Alicorn threw it towards them. The bladed end aimed at the Super Saiyan.

Seeing the oncoming projectile, Broly released Celestia’s left arm and caught the weapon with his hand. Luna was caught off guard from seeing the Saiyan’s palm gripping the blade without a single cut. He furthermore demonstrated his resilience by crushing the bladed lance with his barehand.

Despite the setback, Luna’s true plan succeeded. The lance was just a distraction for her older sister to get her arm free. With an ideal spell in mind, Celestia threw her free hand at Broly’s face, and fired a bright golden light at him.

Broly yelled in pain as his eyes were exposed by the blinding light. Reacting by releasing Celestia to cover his eyes. Free from the Saiyan, the aching princess teleported next to Luna. Only to collapse from her near broken back.

“Sister!” Luna cried out as she ran up to her. Using her magic to heal Celestia’s arms and back.

As she felt her body being healed by Luna’s magic, she gave her thanks.

“Thank you for the distraction, Luna. You got me out of a tight spot.”

Luna then reminded her about her previous statement.

“Now do you see what I’m talking about? He just can’t be stopped.”

The two then heard loud grunting. Looking up, they could see that Broly had not only recovered, but was also glaring down at them. His gaze was less of hate but more of annoyed. Annoyed that his foe got away by using some cheap trick.

Broly then quickly descended to the ground below him, the snowy landscape exploded on impact. The force of the supposed crash landing almost blew the two mares off their feet. As the snow settled and the tremors stopped, Luna and Celestia stared on in fright as Broly marched towards the two. The glare never leaving his eyes.

“Don’t you see, sister? No magic can hurt him,” Luna continued, starting to feel that their situation was hopeless.

But Celestia refused to give up.

“No Luna. There’s still a spell I haven’t used yet.”

After stretching her arms in Broly’s direction, the white Alicorn’s horn began to glow bright with magic. As well as her open palms. Luna was unsure of what Celestia had in mind, but she would soon find out.

Within moments, a sudden bright glow caught Broly’s attention. Looking down, the Super Saiyan found himself standing in the middle of a giant arcane ring. Then looking up, he saw an identical ring high above his head.

From seeing the patterns of the two rings, Luna then realised what Celestia was planning to do.

The Solar Smite. A spell that once said to be as hot as the surface of the sun. The fact was actually an exaggeration. Because when Celestia once used the same spell on Lord Tirek, it only wounded him.

Nevertheless, it was one of Celestia’s strongest spells.

With her attack primed and ready, the princess wasted not time and chanted the name of the spell.

“SOLAR SMITE!!!”

Then out from the top arcane ring, a powerful blast of golden light rained down from it. All Broly could do was watch as his body was consumed by the beam.

From where the two princesses were standing, all they could see was the giant beam slamming into the arcane ring below. Though keeping the attack confined within, the ground still rumbled hard from the force alone.

As Luna watched on in awe, Celestia watched with uncertainty. If it was an ordinary anthro pony, then they would’ve been incinerated by the attack. Which was the reason why she hardly ever used the spell. But with her rough guess on how strong Broly was, her spell would more likely wound him. Which was what she believed.

She was proven very wrong.

To the horror of both Celestia and Luna, they could hear Broly chuckling. Then as the two could see his silhouette through the light, they saw that his clenched arms were raised at his sides as he looked up. Laughing loudly and manically at the heavens.

He carried on laughing as the attack faded around him. The spell had finished. But all it had done was made a large scorch mark around Broly. As for the Saiyan himself, he was completely unharmed! Not even his tattered clothes were affected by the attack.

Broly stopped laughing as he smirked at the Alicorn sisters. Showing off his resilience once more.

“Impossible! Even THAT failed!?” Luna shrieked as she took a step back in fear.

“He’s… He’s a danger to us all.” She continued.

Celestia however shook off her fear. For she may had come up with a solution.

“Then we have no other choice,” She said as she looked to Luna. Reassuring her with a smile as she continued.

“We have to use the Elements of Harmony!”

From hearing only the names of the magical artifacts was all what’s needed to fill Luna with hope once more.

“Yes, that’s right! The elements never failed us before! We can still win this!”

“Then let’s get started,” Celestia said as she looked back at Broly. Whom was just watching with a sinister smile.

Both Celestia and Luna carried the Elements of Harmony in their respective bags. Both possessing three of the elements. Plus for security, the bags themselves were magically sealed and invisible to prevent anypony else from sensing or stealing them.

With a flash of Celestia’s horn, her and Luna’s bags appeared into view. Hooped around the right shoulders of their owners.

Using her magic, the white Alicorn pulled out her half of the elements. The Elements of Kindness, Generosity and Magic.

But as Luna reached her left arm into her bag to bring out the Elements of Honesty, Loyalty and Laughter, her expression darkened from joy to shock. She hastily rummaged deeper into her bag. But found nothing.

“Oh no!!”

“What’s wrong!?” Celestia asked, hearing her sister’s shriek.

Luna opened her bag wide to get a clear view inside. But her worst fear came true.

“My elements!! THEY’RE GONE!!!”

The white Alicorn turned to her little sister with a look of shock on her face.

“What!? What do you mean they’re gone!?”

“I…I don’t know!”

But as Luna opened up her bag even more and looked inside, to her horror, all she saw was a gaping hole at the bottom of the bag. The edges of the hole showed that it was ripped.

“There’s a rip in my bag! It must have happened while I was fighting King Sombra.”

Dropping her bag, Luna looked around at her snow-covered surroundings.

“No! They could be anywhere!”

Seeing that the situation had worsened, Luna and Celestia looked back to where Super Saiyan Broly was. He remained still as he watched the two. Wondering what they were up to and why they weren’t fighting him.

As the two Alicorns looked at the Saiyan warrior, Celestia looked down at the three elements she held in her hands. Then made a bold decision.

“Then we’ll just have to use what we have.”

The startled blue Alicorn looked at her older sister with uncertainty.

“Just three elements? Do you think that would even work?”

“We have to try,” Celestia replied, trying to gain some confidence.

“Right. Let’s do this.”

Then using their combined magic, the two Alicorns channelled their energy into the three elements. Upon being activated, the three artifacts began to enhance Celestia’s and Luna’s powers.

Sensing the build up of energy, Broly decided to hold back for a moment. Curious to see how much stronger the two mares could become.

As the three elements spun wildly around Celestia and Luna, both their bodies began to glow in a bright rainbow aura. Re-energized by their power.

With their magic restored and heightened, the two Alicorns gave glares of determination towards Broly. Believing that they could beat him. The Super Saiyan meanwhile simply smirked back. Thinking that the two could at least give him a challenge.

Then with mighty yells, both Celestia and Luna leapt off the ground and flew towards Broly at full speed. When the two came in close to punch him, the Saiyan raised his wrists up to block them. The two princesses then went all out, throwing punches and kicks as fast as they could. Determined to put an end to the new menace.

But during the clash, Celestia noticed something off. She and her sister were giving their all, yet Broly, despite being pushed back, was blocking all their attacks. Like before, his expression showed that he wasn’t even trying.

When the Alicorns charged up their magic with the added power of the three elements, for a second Broly thought that he had to raise his power slightly. But with the power they’ve shown to him, it wasn’t needed.

Then as Luna threw her left fist out as Celestia threw her right, Broly crossed his arms and caught their fists in his hands. Then with a simple pull, the Saiyan caused the two Alicorns to slam their heads together. The mares briefly yelled as they held onto their aching heads.

Afterwards, Broly quickly took to the skies with green ki building in his right palm. After recovering, the two sisters quickly flew after him. Each of them firing a gold and blue magical sphere at him.

At first, the two expected the Saiyan to counter their attacks with his own. But instead, Broly deflected them away by swinging his left arm out. Then with his right, he fired a small green sphere at them.

Celestia and Luna dodged the attack by parting away from each other. But as they were about to engage Broly further, the two were caught by surprise by a loud explosion and a blinding green light from below. Forcing them to shield their eyes.

When the light faded, the Alicorns looked down at the ground they once stood. They were shocked to see a great smouldering crater a quarter-mile wide! Revealing ancient rocky ground that was burnt or destroyed from the blast.

“His tiny energy sphere did THAT!!?” Luna asked in disbelief.

But then she remembered something. Broly hadn’t gotten any stronger since the start of the fight. And after seeing him launch countless energy attacks since, none were as devastating as the one he just shown. Which in her mind meant one thing.

‘Could he… be hiding even more power!?’

Looking back up, Luna and Celestia were startled to see Broly diving towards them. Laughing insanely as he charged. The two Alicorns teleported away to avoid the oncoming Super Saiyan. Causing him to land on his hands as he hit the ground. Then reappearing in the sky, Celestia and Luna each threw a magical sphere down at Broly. But by throwing himself off the ground, Broly avoided the attacks as he landed on his feet. The attacks exploded behind him.

With Broly in a spot where they wanted him, the two princesses landed either side of him and charged forward to throw their magically charged punches. Celestia’s fist landed on Broly’s right cheek, while Luna’s landed on his left.

But to their shock, even being powered up by three elements, Broly shrugged off their punches like nothing. He rose back up as he grabbed onto their wrists. The Alicorn sisters were lifted off the ground as the Saiyan raised them up.

The two mares briefly struggled to escape his grip but were unable to break it. Broly first dispatched Celestia by raising her up higher and swiftly booted her in the gut. The power of the elements prevented the white princess from sustaining life-threatening injuries, but she still yelled in pain from the force of the kick as it sent her hurtling back. Then as he raised Luna higher, Broly brought his free right hand close to Luna’s stomach, formed a green ki sphere and fired it point-blank at her.

Fortunately for Luna, the type of ki Broly used was the one where it pushed Luna across the snowy landscape. But when she crashed into a small hill, the sphere exploded. The power of the elements tried its best to hold back the blast, but Luna still screamed as she felt pain from its shear energy. When the blast ended, the blue Alicorn collapsed onto the ground. Barely awake as she twinged in pain.

“Luna!!” The recovered Celestia cried as she teleported to Luna’s side. Comforting her beaten sister.

Across from them, Broly grinned at the two as he clenched his fists. His way of taunting them to show that he was stronger. Celestia saw him and gritted her teeth in anger. She really wanted to make him pay for what he did to Luna.

With a beat of her wings, Celestia decided to attack him once more. In response, Broly too charged towards her. Smirking with an upcoming attack in mind.

Just as it seemed the two were about to collide into each other, the Super Saiyan moved to the left with his eyes locked onto Celestia. Then with his outstretched right arm, he formed a small ball of ki in his palm and slammed it into the Alicorn’s gut.

Celestia never saw the attack coming and was not prepared for what came next. As Broly threw her back towards Luna, the ball of ki exploded as soon as she left his palm. She screamed as the blast sent her back crashing to Luna’s side.

Super Saiyan Broly silently watched as the two princesses twinged on the ground in pain. Trying desperately not to fall unconscious.

“S…Sister. What can we do now? H-He’s too strong,” Luna asked. Slowly rising up on her knees.

Celestia gave her answer.

“With only three elements, there’s…only one thing we can do now. We…have to combine all our magic with each other… and fire it at him.”

“I hope it works,” Luna replied.

Wanting their new plan to succeed, both the aching Luna and Celestia slowly got back on their feet and focused their magic into the three elements. Seeing that they still wanted to fight, Broly began to walk towards them. The evil grin remained planted on his face.

After being re-energized once more by the three elements, Celestia and Luna began to channel as much magic as they could into their hands. Celestia’s down her left arm, and Luna’s down her right arm. Their palms glowing bright with blue and gold energy.

As they charged their energy, the Alicorn sisters could see the Super Saiyan approaching them. Just seeing the seemly unstoppable force getting closer was beginning to scare the two. But it only increased their resolve to put a stop to his rampage. With their charge almost done, Celestia raised her left arm at Broly as Luna did the same with her right. The two shoulder to shoulder with one another.

As their magic charge reached its peak, the Alicorns yelled as they fired their joined magical beams from their hands. The massive gold and blue beams, enhanced by the three elements, sped across the snow-covered field towards the unmoved Saiyan.

Not moving out of the way, Broly walked on as the beams slammed into him. Resulting in a massive explosion that engulfed the Saiyan and shook the ground beneath him.

As the great explosion faded, all what’s left was a massive cloud of magical smoke. With the three elements hovering at their side, Luna and Celestia huffed in exhaustion as their arms felt numb from using such an attack.

While the white Alicorn stared at the cloud in uncertainty, her little sister was desperate for a victory.

“Please. Please! We must have won! There is no way he could…!”

Luna paused as dread washed over her and her sister. As the smoke parted away, all it left behind was an amused Super Saiyan. Aside from a little sting, the attack left Broly unharmed!

As Luna gasped in horror and fright, Broly’s smirk grew bigger. Which was followed by an outburst of laughter.

As Celestia stared on at the laughing Broly, Luna began to feel terror in her voice.

“How!? HOW!!?”

Soon Broly’s laughter died down to a simple smirk. Eyeing the two princesses to see if they try something else. While Luna gawked in fear, Celestia made comparisons and spoke up.

“Discord. King Sombra. Lord Tirek. No villain in Equestria has this kind of power!”

She then spoke to Broly.

“Just…just what are you!? Who are you?”

After hearing Celestia’s question, Broly’s smirk instantly vanished. He then began to grunt as he gritted his teeth. Unbeknownst to the Alicorns, the Saiyan tried to focus his damaged mind. He then opened his mouth and sounded as though he was trying to breath heavily.

“Uhh…huhh…uugh…”

At first, Celestia was puzzled at what he was trying to do. But quickly came up with a conclusion.

‘Is he… Is he trying to speak?’

After more heavy breathing, which was in fact him trying to vocalize properly, he slowly managed to put his breathing into words.

“Uughh…B…B-Bro…ly…”

Celestia’s eyes widened in surprise at what the Saiyan said. A word other than ‘Kakarot’ and him constantly laughing.

“What?” She asked him.

After much more effort, the Super Saiyan finally spoke a proper sentence.

“I…a-am…B-Broly.”

Both Celestia and Luna stared at the Super Saiyan in bewilderment. Finally learning the name of their attacker.

“Broly?” Celestia repeated to herself. Remembering the name.

To their surprise however, Broly continued.

“And you…”

He then chuckled as his evil smirk returned. Again, showing malicious intent. As he finished talking, his words struck horror into the princesses.

“…will watch the world…burn!”

Broly then unleashed another loud scream. By doing so, he revealed a devastating secret. As he yelled his Saiyan battle cry, his body was engulfed in a powerful golden aura. The shear force of his energetic outburst caused the ground to tremble and break apart. Almost as if the land of Equestria itself was shaking in fear of the otherworldly warrior.

His devastating secret however, was in fact something that couldn’t be seen. What Broly was actually doing… was charging up his energy. Being able to sense his ki, Celestia and Luna gawked in fear at Broly’s ever-growing power. Even as the Super Saiyan rose off the ground and into the air, his laughing and energy had gained full attention of the Alicorn sisters.

“His power… it’s two times stronger then before. No… three times! Four times…! He’s… getting stronger!” Celestia said to herself. Slowly believing that there was no end to the Saiyan’s overflowing power.

Luna, who overheard her sister, was horrified of the realisation.

“You mean… he was holding back the entire time we’ve been fighting!!?”

Her statement was true. Broly truly had been holding back his true power. By showing off what he had hidden within, it was his way of showing how futile the efforts of the Alicorns were. To show them that they had lost the battle before it even began.

It worked on Luna. From witnessing first-hand of Broly’s might, the facts left her horrified. Her legs gave way from the fear, causing her to fall to her knees as she started to weep in despair.

“Then he’s right. We’re… we’re dead. We’re all dead! He’s going to destroy us all… and there’s nothing we can do about it!!”

The sight of the broken Alicorn shocked Celestia. Even against the likes of Tirek or Discord, Luna had never acted out of fear. She was always the brave one. So to see her sister succumbing to fear felt almost heart-breaking to the white princess.

“No Luna! We mustn’t not give in! We mustn’t lose hope!” Celestia said in an attempt to encourage her little sister to fight on.

But it failed. Instead, Luna began to weep more at Celestia’s words. Tears began to fall from her blue eyes.

“Hope!? How can we lose hope if we never had any to begin with? We’ve lost! If only I hadn’t lost my elements! This is my fault!”

With fear and guilt swelling up within her, Luna hit her right fist in the snow in frustration. But immediately yelped in pain when she hit something hard and pointy.

Confused at what her sister hit other then the soft snow, Celestia watched as the puzzled Luna dug through the snow. Whatever she just hit, it sounded hard and loose.

Once the snow was moved out of the way, Luna’s eyes lit up in surprise.

“M…My elements!!”

She was right. Under the blanket of snow were her three missing Elements of Harmony. She held them in her hands as her smile returned.

“They’re all here!”

Celestia smiled at Luna’s success. Relieved to see her smile once more. But their moment was shattered by the energized roars of the almighty Saiyan. Looking up, both Celestia and Luna witnessed more of Broly’s power. After raising his left arm high in the air, he began to charge up an attack. Causing the whole world around him to turn green. Then with a high-pitched sound, the green environment condensed into his open left palm. Forming a small green ball of ki.

Frightened of what the Super Saiyan could do, Celestia decided to take advantage of the newly found elements.

“Luna!”

The blue princess looked over in response. Seeing what her older sister had to say. Celestia assured her with a smile.

“Are you ready?” She asked as she brought forth her three elements.

Luna looked down at her elements before looking back at her sibling. A confident smile growing back on her face.

“Let’s save the world.”

After standing back up, Luna stood beside Celestia as they prepared themselves. With all six Elements of Harmony reunited and spinning around the Alicorn sisters, the magic from the artifacts surged into their wielders. Both replenishing their magic and further enhancing them far greater then before. The two soon found themselves surrounded by a bright rainbow glow. With their magic increased even further, the princesses began to charge their energy into their hands. Preparing to attack back.

“Time to end this threat!” Luna said as she and Celestia looked up at Broly. But the two let out frightened gasps at what they saw.

Back up in the air, the Super Saiyan laughed in sinister joy. Because within his raised left hand, what was once a small ball of energy, was a giant sixty-five-foot-wide sphere! The attack had grown dramatically within mere moments.

After he stopped laughing, the Saiyan looked down at the two Alicorns. Seeing their fearful expressions before deciding to send them to the afterlife.

“DIE!!! WITH THIS PATHETIC PLANET!!!”

Throwing his arm down, Broly sent his Eraser Cannon attack down towards the Alicorns. Intending to destroy both them and all of Equestria.

Believing in his words, Celestia and Luna retaliated by firing back with their elements.

With one mighty yell, the Alicorns threw their arms at Broly’s attack, and fired a powerful rainbow beam at it.

The world lit up in a bright flash as the two powers collided. Everything fell silent. That was, until the light dimed enough for Celestia and Luna to see once more. With the bright flash, at first they assumed that the elements worked. However, they could still feel the elements at play, and that their arms were feeling a massive build-up of pressure. When they used the elements against Discord, everything stopped. So the pressure was all new to them.

“What’s going on!?” Celestia asked from seeing the elements spinning wildly around her and Luna.

When Luna looked up, her eyes widened in horror before alerting Celestia.

“No way!! Sister, look!!”

Listening to her younger sister, Celestia too gasped in horror at a sight she never thought she would see.

The sight was that their powerful rainbow beam, which never failed them in the past, was being held back by the giant green ball of ki. They thought that the beam would either overpower or blast straight through the otherworldly attack. But it wasn’t the case. Both the attacks were held in place as they struggled to overpower the other. High above the attacks, Broly was smiling in sadistic joy with his left arm pointing at his attack. Using his energy to keep his attack in place.

“That’s not fair!! He has the strength to hold back the elements!!?” Luna shrieked.

But it only got worse. After chuckling, Broly roared in laughter as his left palm opened wider. Releasing even more ki into his Eraser Cannon attack.

Fuelled by more ki from the Saiyan, the giant energy ball expanded to seventy feet in diameter. And with the added energy, it began to push the rainbow beam back. Edging closer towards the horrified princesses.

“And now he’s OVERPOWERING the elements!!? How in the world is he so strong!!?” Luna shrieked again while Celestia stared on in frightened awe.

‘To think…that there’s someone this powerful. It’s…unreal,’ The white Alicorn thought to herself.

“Sister!! What do we do now!!?” Luna asked in panic.

But before her little sister gave up hope again, Celestia proposed a very risky idea.

“Then we have no other choice! We must use the full power of the elements!!”

Luna looked at Celestia in disbelief.

“Full power!? But we’ve never done that before! Is that even possible!?”

“We have to try, Luna! It we don’t, then this could be the end of not just Equestria! But the entire world could be destroyed! We have to stop him here and now!”

After hearing her out, a small smile returned to Luna.

“Then I’m with you!”

After closing their eyes to concentrate, Celestia and Luna felt their connection with the Elements of Harmony. And with it, a desire for them to unleash everything they had. All their power. In response, the elements began to charge up even further. Channelling their magic into the sisters.

High above, Broly took notice. He could sense their energy rising once more. They continued to persist, and it greatly annoyed him. In fact, their constant powering up reminded him of what happened on New Planet Vegeta. The Saiyan who he hated, kept standing back up after being given the energy by his friends and family. They kept coming back for more.

“Ugghh… Ka…karot!”

The Super Saiyan could very easily just power his attack even further to overpower the Alicorns instantly. He could end their lives right then and there. But instead, he had an idea. An idea to show the princesses what true terror looked like.

In his current state, Broly would gladly show them what he was truly capable of. Something worse than hell itself. Something… legendary.

After giving his attack just enough ki to slowly push the rainbow beam back, he pulled his arm away. Then after clenching his fists, he could feel his true power swelling within. And after some grunting, Broly roared at the heavens. As he screamed, his ki changed. His powerful golden aura suddenly changed to an eerie green glow. As Broly continued, the volume of his screams alone shook the world around him. Snowy landscapes and mountains cracked and crumbled before the Saiyan’s might. The clouds in the sky darkened as they began to converge all around. Blacking out the sky.

As they continued to charge up their elements, Celestia and Luna both heard his screams and felt the world rumbling beneath their feet. Looking up, the two Alicorns were startled to see that Broly looked as though he was…changing. Inch by inch, his muscles bulked up. His golden hair was slowly taking on a shade of emerald green. And the green pupils in his eyes were starting to fade away. All the while he laughed manically as thunderbolts began to rain down around him. Slowly surrendering into his own rage and power.

“What’s he doing?” Celestia asked herself, having no idea what was happening to Broly.

But before the two princesses could carry on staring at the Super Saiyan, Luna suddenly felt something in the Elements of Harmony. The glow from the artifacts were the brightest she had ever seen them. They had finally reached full power.

“Sister! The elements!”

Alerted by her sibling, Celestia too felt the elements’ power. And then gave the command.

“DO IT NOW!!!”

After one more scream of power and one final push, their rainbow beam grew even wider and, fuelled by the princesses’ desire to save the world, became far more powerful. No longer supported by Broly himself, his giant green sphere was slowly being overwhelmed. The rainbow beam then punched a big hole straight through the attack and towards the Saiyan.

“Wha…!?”

Sensing the change, Broly halted what he was doing and looked down at the approaching attack.

“Ka…Kakarot!”

With his mind filled with rage and confusion, he couldn’t think straight. Only responding by firing three small ki blasts from his left hand. Of which failed to stop the rainbow beam. Crossing his arms, Broly attempted to put up a barrier to protect himself. But before the barrier could be formed, he was struck by the beam.

At first, all was silent as the Saiyan was consumed by the attack. But what came next was a deafening explosion that burst the clouds apart. Lighting up the sky.

Back on the ground when the spell finished, Celestia and Luna both fell to the ground from exhaustion. Using the elements to such an extreme took a heavy toll on the princesses. As for their elements, when they stopped spinning, they fell onto the snow around the mares. The heat from the glow made them melt into the snow. As if the elements themselves were exhausted, the bright glow from them faded away. Returning them to normal.

With their faces buried in the cold snow, Luna was first to weakly raise her face free. Hearing nothing but silence, a smile of victory appeared on her face.

“W…we…we did it. We beat him.”

“We saved the world,” Celestia joined, exhaustion causing her to nearly fall asleep.

But their silence was shattered by a heavy impact. Shaking the ground as if something crashed down to earth. What followed next was a very familiar war cry.

“RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!”

Luna’s eyes grew wide in pure horror. Knowing who the war cry belonged to.

“He’s STILL STANDING!!? This can’t be happening!!”

But just as Luna was about to fall in despair, Celestia, whom had her head raised to see what was happening, brought Luna’s attention.

“Luna, look!!”

After raising her own head, Luna too saw what was unfolding in front of her.

Broly was indeed standing, but with his shouting and thrashing, he was in trouble. With the bright rainbow glow shining around him, the magic spell of the last attack was doing its work as he tried to fight against it. The Super Saiyan suddenly found himself unable to move. Looking down, he could see that his feet and lower legs had been turned to stone. With the effect of the spell slowly traveling up his thigh. In his panicked, rage filled state, he tried to bash the stone part of him to free himself. But it only accelerated the effects of the spell. Something which he wasn’t immune to. Then as his waist became frozen in stone, he could no longer bend down. Then as the spell went up to his chest, all what the legendary Saiyan could do was scream in defiance at the heavens. And then screaming out the name he hated the most.

“KAAKAARROOOOOOOOT!!!!! RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHH!!!!!”

His voice was silenced when the magic on his body gave off a sudden bright flash of light. Forcing the two Alicorns to shield their eyes. When the light faded, the sky above became clear again. And the whole world went silent.

As Celestia and Luna laid tiredly in the snow, they looked back up to see what had happened. And from what they saw, they could finally breath a sigh of relief.

The Elements of Harmony worked. Standing in front of them, Broly was turned into stone. It turned out while he was immune to physical force and conventual attack spells, in the end, it was the sealing spell of the magical artifacts that ended his reign of terror.

Even though he was encased in enchanted stone, the Royal Sisters could still feel the immense power within the Saiyan. They would have to take extra precautions to prevent him from ever breaking free. But for the moment, they could finally relax.

“At last. It’s over,” Luna said as her face pressed into the cold snow. Finally relaxing her aching body.

It was a hollow victory. While they stopped Broly and saved the world, they still failed to protect the Crystal Empire from Sombra’s curse. But they knew the curse wouldn’t last forever. The empire would one day return.

As Luna lay in the snow, Celestia struggled to stand back up. As she did, she continued to stare at Broly. Never in her life had she encountered someone so strong before. The power he had shown far exceeded any other villain she’d faced. She and her sister only won because of the Saiyan being unfocused and the magic of the spell from the elements. But even so, Broly’s process of being turned to stone was MUCH slower than when she used it on Discord. Meaning that his power might had been too much for even the full power of the elements. Or even worse, he already had the power to SURPASS the elements, but didn’t had the time to use it.

Questions flowed through the white Alicorn’s mind. What was he? Where did he come from? Why was he so powerful? How was he so powerful? Why did he attack them? Why did he wanted to kill them? Who was Kakarot? And why did he hate him so much?

Those were the questions she wanted answers for. But it was too dangerous to free him just to ask. He would more likely go on a rampage again. But the only thing she learned from him… other than his power and wrath… was his name.

“Broly,” She uttered.

Unknown to her, in the far future, Broly’s imprisonment would not last forever. In fact his power may one day…be Equestria’s salvation.

Author's Note:

Holy crap!! Has it really been 8 months since I last came back to his story!? Well after a loooooong break, the next chapter is finally here.

This chapter was originally going to be two separate chapters. But because I think that the prologue section was going to drag, I decided to combine the two into one. I was also planning on releasing it at the same time as Dragon Ball Super Broly movie in January, but complications at home forced me to delay this story a little longer. But at last it's been resolved.

This concludes the prologue arc. Hope you enjoy this. Leave a comment. Leave a like. And I'll see you all later.

PreviousChapters Next