• Published 23rd Jul 2012
  • 1,599 Views, 72 Comments

The Lost Pegasus - J8ck78



After trying to help the Doctor get back to his own Dimesnion, Derpy finds herself trapped on Earth

  • ...
5
 72
 1,599

Chapter 1 - An Unearthly Pony

Derpy awoke to a brilliant shining sun on the most perfect of days of the year. Rainbow Dash, it seemed, had gotten up and actually cleared all the clouds away for the first time in weeks, or some other Pony went and did it. Either way, the warm rays of sunshine comforted her as she stretched to get up. Yawning, she looked into her backyard, and to her actual surprise, saw a large blue box sitting in the back yard. She screamed in glee, the Doctor had come back from one his adventure for a visit. She would have went, but she had one large package to deliver, and well, couldn't remember which direction to deliver it to. Besides, he needed Twilight for this one anyway, and the Unicorn was more than happy to oblige. Getting up, she trotted down the stairs and walked into the kitchen to get her morning muffin. Already, Dinky was there eating her cereal while Sparkler drank her coffee. They were both very tired still, having just woke up. Dizzy herself wasn't awake and wasn't even down the stairs. She was just grabbing the muffin when the brown Stallion burst in.

“Ah, Good Morning everypony!” He said cheerfully as he always did, “How did everything go while I was gone?”

He was instantly met with a big hug from Derpy. Sparkler and Dinky smiled and waved respectively as Derpy went back to buttering her muffin. Whooves sat down as Dinky used her magic to hand him some butter and a English Muffin, which he happily went to preparing.

“Same as it usually does.” mentioned Sparkler taking a sip from her coffee before putting it back down, “Dinky and Dizzy went to school, I did my job, Mom delivered that package to Trottingham.”

“Uh, Derpy, that package was from Trottingham.” claimed Whooves with some concern, “You weren't supposed to send there.”

“It was return to sender.” said Derpy matter-o-factly, “I can deliver stuff in the mail.”

Whooves tried his best to give a "I'm sorry smile" as Derpy gave him a dark look. Looking around, he needed to change the subject fast.

“Right. So then! See anything exciting over in Trottingham?”

“I saw a bunch of other TARDIS's... or whatever you travel through time in.” Derpy claimed happily

“What? That's impossible! You're kind wont have the ability to even read the Time Vortex for another.....wait, did it read TARDIS, or was it Call Boxes for Police?”

“I think it's that last one! They were putting them up all over town!”

“Yes, Police Call Boxes. I remember back when those used to be all over the place. Sadly, that changed as time went on.”

“What do you mean?” asked Sparkler

Whooves gave her a funny look to her response. It was silent for a moment until the Unicorn elaborated on her question.

“I mean, I've never seen another box like yours!”

“No, it was back on Earth.... you know, the place I came from before here?”

“I thought that was Gallifrey?” asked Dinky

“No, no, no me dear! That's my home planet! After that I spent most of my time on Earth with Humans! A amazing race they were! Sometimes I just wish I could go back there and see it all again.”

“Why can't you?” inquired Derpy eating her Muffin

“Well I would if I could, but you see, it's not that simple. I'm not only crossing through time and space, but dimensions! Universe's even! I could quite possibly destroy the TARDIS in that process! If not that, tear a hole in the very fabric of both My old Universe and this one!”

'So, why didn't you when you came here?” asked Dinky

"Because that might destroy all of creation." Whooves answered as he patted her on the head not thinking on what she just asked

“No I meant the fist time. We're still here aren't we?”

Whooves, who was pouring himself a bowl suddenly went alert at this.

“You're right Dinky! Why are we still here? By all means tearing through dimensions powerful enough to warp my own body to fit its needs means something must've happened that we are still alive. How is this possible?”

'“I'd like to not have these kinds of questions now.” answered Sparkler

Whooves suddenly ran outside leaving them all to sit in confusion. Dizzy walked in, just barely having been missed by the Doctor.

“What was that all about?”

“I'll go check.” said a annoyed Derpy as she flew out after him.

The door to the TARDIS had been left wide open, and inside, she could hear the Doctor going over everything and anything he could find. Of course that's what it looked like, but he had a idea of what he was doing. Running around the center console, hitting it with his hooves, pushing buttons, throwing levers, and looking at the screen, he was going on and on about stuff, most of it seeming to be in his head since he was speaking in short sentences that didn't make sens when put together. He ran further into the TARDIS in one door, and a few moments he appeared out another holding a long sheet of paper.

“Now if these match the...... yes!” he cheered “Yes they do! Brilliant! I can't believe it!”

“What? What is it?” came Derpy as she walked inside the TARDIS

“I know how to return to Earth! I can go back there!”

“Are you sure it's safe? I mean, you said it can tear a hole through-”

“Not if the current is at the right frequency degree! Ha ha! This is marvelous! I can't believe it! I can return home!”

“Yay!-Wait! Frequency degree? What's that?”

“Oh that's nothing much. Just a little thing that keeps the Universe's from spilling into each other. Sort of like a dimensional fingerprint.”

“Fingerprint?”

“Right, Pony. Never mind! Now if I am not mistaken, the next one to appear is..... well, thirty thousand years into the future!”

“WHAT!? Thirty thousand years!?”

“I know! Pretty short if you ask me..... hmm...”

“What do you mean pretty short?” yelled Derpy

“Well, the next closest one is the one I came through not too long ago. Well... that may be the reason!”

“What are you talking about?” asked Derpy

“Well, if my theory is correct, I am the very reason as to why I showed up here in the first place!”

“Huh?”

“Think about it! I set the TARDIS to arrive in London, and yet I ended up outside Ponyville as a Pony! The TARDIS didn't set those coordinates, that means a outside force set me upon my journey here into Equestria! It makes sense!”

“Uh, kind of.... how exactly do you?”

“All I have to do is set the coordinates to the right time and area in space and.... ha ha! It's working! The TARDIS is reuniting with it's original dimension!”

“Wont that cause some kind of...oh, I don't know, problem?”

“Well, maybe if you were bringing a Army across the dimensions with you, but if you were sending just the two of us with the TARDIS, the effects will be minimal. About the equivalent of when I came through the first time!”

“Nothing happened as far as I remember.”

“Exactly! Now then! We got a barrier to cross!” shouted the Doctor as he powered up the TARDIS

“Hey! Why didn't you exactly ask me if I could go with?”

“Oh....sorry Derpy. Well, ever wanted to see where I come from?”

“I thought it was destroyed or something?”

“No, I meant Earth!”

“Oh! Sure! Why not! I'm sure it can't be that bad!”

“Right, the TARDIS is starting to get ready. Hold on, it may get a little bumpy.”

The familiar sound the TARDIS powering up was music to both their ears. As it began to rise off the ground the door flew open to reveal Sparkler.

“Uh, Mom, Doctor, the Doctor is here?”

“What Doctor?” asked Derpy, Who is sick?”

“It's not who is sick, it's that Who.”

She pointed to Whooves, who looked on puzzled.

“Sparkler! NO! STOP!”

The voice was of Whooves himself. Moments later, the good Doctor appeared and tackled Sparkler to the ground. He stood up and looked into the TARDIS alarmed before ducking to the ground as the TARDIS flew over him.

“Doctor, that was you!” said Derpy in shock, “How was that you if you're right here?”

“Better yet, how did that not cause a paradox?”

“Oh Celestia no, not one of them!” cried Derpy in fear

She ducked down under the stairs to shield herself from the horrors that came from a Paradox. Whooves, meanwhile, knew there wasn't one going to happen, for if it did, there would already be the horrors by now. He tried to turn the TARDIS around to get a better look, but everything seemed to be locked onto something. Whatever it was, he,nor it was in control. The most he could do was slow down the spinning so he could get a better look. He ran over to see what was going on when the TARDIS took off through time. Derpy's house was now a distance away, but he could still see Sparkler and...himself? Standing there looking up in horror. Whooves strained to get a better look when he lost his footing and to his alarm, almost fell out. His hoof grabbed onto the edge of the TARDIS as Derpy appeared and grabbed it.

“Don't let go Derpy!” shouted the Doctor

“I wasn't planning on it!”

Whooves looked around, and something wasn't right. They weren't in the Time Vortex they they should be, if that were the case, he might have been tore apart almost. Instead, they seemed to be flying through Ponyville, with everything going in reverse! It must've been them not going through the time stream, but through the dimensions! What was worse, they were flying right toward the town hall!

“Pull me in Derpy!” he screamed

“Trying!” responded Derpy

She pulled with all her might, and Whooves started to crawl in. He sighed relief knowing he was safe, until the TARDIS hit the town hall, and Whooves fell out the door into Ponyville.

“DOCTOR!” screamed Derpy in alarm.

The door suddenly slammed shut, as if to shield her from something violent about to happen. Derpy suddenly felt funny, and it wasn't the ha ha funny. It was the weird funny. She was scared and covered her fave with her hooves as the TARDIS sparked, and flashed violently. With no Doctor around to comfort her or try and fix the situation, she was on the verge of tears. Then, suddenly, it all stopped. Derpy opened her eyes and saw all the lights in the TARDIS were off, as if the whole time machine had shut off, or died! Without the Doctor to help her, Depry could be stranded here forever, where ever here was. Standing up, a cold chill ran over her. She tried to cover herself with her wings, but to her horror, her wings weren't there. She reached back with her hooves to try and find them, but they weren't her hooves. No, these were pale, hairless palms of sorts. She followed her palm down her arm, and to her stomach, and she realized, she was hairless, standing on two legs, worse, she wasn't a Pony Pegasus anymore! She was some kind of two legged, hairless, alien!

Alarmed that the TARDIS had mutated or transformed her into some freak, she slowly stood up on her hind legs, which now felt oddly natural. Looking around, she found a mirror and ran to it. Sure enough, all her hair had disappeared on her body, as did her tail. All that remained of her previous self was her yellow eyes still walled, and her mane, which cascaded down her neck. She looked to herself in horror. What kind of creature was she? Why didn't she have her wings? Or her hooves? Or her tail? Or just about anything!? Backing slowly away from the mirror, she bumped into something and the TARDIS powered up. The lights and sounds frightened the already unnerved Pegasus and she made a made rush to get out of it. Not used to two legs she stumbled her way a little bit and fell down. The slam echoed throughout the dead TARDIS, and it frightened her even more. She lunged at the door, and it swung open, revealing a dark, foreboding world around her. She was paralyzed, not knowing whether to stay in the TARDIS, or go outside. She took a step back, but tripped and stumbled forward. At first she felt soft grass on her bare feet, but then came cold stone. It was dark and she couldn't see anything, until there came a loud screech from something to her right. She looked to see two giant glowing eyes of some monster coming at her fast, the heat of it's breath could be felt on her now exposed skin. She stood, frozen in terror as it stopped next to her. More eyes above it's normal ones appeared, flashing red and blue.

“Don't move! This is the Police!” came a loud voice from the creature