• Published 23rd Jul 2012
  • 1,594 Views, 72 Comments

The Lost Pegasus - J8ck78



After trying to help the Doctor get back to his own Dimesnion, Derpy finds herself trapped on Earth

  • ...
5
 72
 1,594

Chapter 10 - My Little Humans

Whooves and Reine helped the drained Lou into the backseat of the Cruiser. Derpy checked on her to see if she was okay as police sirens sounded in the distance. Knowing that everything was going to be okay, the Doctor turned to his unicorn companion with a smile on his face.

“Great timing Miss Sparkle!” he praised.

“Uh, you mean her?” pointed Twilight.

Whooves looked at her funny and looked to where she was pointing, only to see, Twilight? His view shifted back and forth between the two, and aside from clothes, they were exactly the same! He jumped back in shock still looking at them both as Reine and Derpy looked on as well, reacting the exact same way.

“They're multiplying!” said Whooves, as he ran his fingers through his hair in fear.

“No, Doctor,” said the other Twilight, who removed her headband to reveal her horn.

“What? How?” He whipped out his Screwdriver and activated it over both of them. “Hold on! If I am correct, this is just a cosmic coincidence and-!” His speech went uninterrupted as he continued to stare intensely at his little device that gave him information on the scan he just did. “You two are exactly the same.”

“What?” asked Jack walking out, not hearing half of what The Doctor had discovered. They looked to him wanting answers for a different reason for why Jack was here. “Security is handling it. Now, what's going on?”

“Who is she?” demanded the Doctor pointing to the other Twilight

“That's my friend Tara.” Jack caught The Doctor before he could ask another question, “Yes, she looks like Twilight over there. Is that what I'm missing?”

“Yes! They are exactly the same! How can it be!? Could there be-” The Doctor's mind kept buzzing as another idea crossed his mind. “Wait!”

He scanned Jack, and breathed in relief. There was nothing similar in the Pony Universe he was similar to. He wasn't done however, and he spun around and scanned Reine, and then Lou. Taking out his brainy specs he put them on and looked over his Screwdriver with great curiosity.

“Impossible!” he said in fear.

“What?” asked Twilight.

“They're... They're exactly the same!”

Derpy looked between Lou and Reine, and couldn't find anything similar about them: “Uh, Doctor, they're completely different.”

“No, not that! I mean, they are exactly the same as the others in Equestria! Amazing! Absolutely amazing! That explains why Discord is here! But why? He wouldn't do it, would he? No, he may like games but the chances of him being defeated by the 6 would be too risky for him. Why?”

“Hey! Number 12! Care to explain what you're rambling on?” called Lou from the cruiser.

“It's the Doctor, thank you. As it turns out, you, uh, Tara, and Miss Reine here are exact copies of the Ponies back in Equestria.”

“Copies of who?” inquired Derpy.

“Well, look at them. Isn't it obvious? Miss Tara here is Twilight. Reine is Rarity! Are there more of you?”

“Well, there's Dash, April, Diane, and Fiona,” spoke Tara nervously.

“Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy!” He practically jumped in joy at his discovery. “This is incredible! In fact, I don't think even human words can describe it yet! Let's see, what's another language I know that can describe this?”

“Hey! Who am I based off of?” demanded Lou, her energy returning to her as she tried to get out of the vehicle.

“Why, Princess Luna!” spoke Whooves as if it was obvious.

Jack felt a large smile cross his face, “This is awesome.”

“How is this awesome?” came Twilight.

“We're all copies of fictional characters from a little girls cartoon show!” added Tara.

“Not to mention there is a villain with poor taste from that exact same show loose amongst the city!”continued Reine.

“I don't think awesome is even the right word to describe this!” finished Twilight

“No, not that. THAT is weird and horrible respectively.” answered Jack.

“Then, what's so awesome?” inquired Derpy

“I'm dating Princess Luna! WHOO!” cheered Jack

He turned around and walked off, unable to contain his joy, holding both his hands and his shotgun in the air still cheering. The rest, outside the still pondering Doctor, looked on at him bemused at his little display.

“I guess the only good thing to come from this is, I'm a princess.” chuckled Lou

“Are you going to do anything about that?” asked Tara, pointing to the still celebrating Cop.

Lou just leaned back into the Cruiser gave a smirk: “He just saved our lives. Might as well let him have this moment to be happy.”

“Well, technically your Majesty, you saved us after you used your magic.” spoke Derpy

“Huh? What?” responded a confused Lou thinking back to what she did.

“Yes, how did you do that your Highness? I mean, you shouldn't have control of magic. You're just a human” came Whooves, his attention now to her.

Lou liked the fact she was suddenly being referred to as royalty, but regardless she had no clue as to how she was able to do what she had just did. “I don't know. I just wanted them to get off me and then all of a sudden, they were off of me.”

“Interesting.” remarked Whooves beginning to pace and tapped a finger on his chin.

Almost instantly Jack returned: “Hey! Backup's here! Look sharp! Doc, lose the Scarf for a moment!”

Whooves looked at his scarf and quickly discarded it into the cruiser. Jack walked over as several Police and Sheriff squad cars rolled up, followed closely by a few ambulances. One of the other Officer stepped out gun drawn as he met with Jack, who was still brandishing his shotgun.

“Jack, what is going on here?”

Jack thought fast and formulated his best lie on the subject,and then decided it was better go with a variation of the truth: “The Mannequins started to attack people.”

“What? Mannequins?”

“Yeah. That's what everyone is going to tell you. Don't believe me, check the security cameras.”

“You sure it wasn't some kind of... gas attack?”

“Well, I thought that, but I didn't put all those things by the front door.”

The Officer looked inside to see the piles of the plastic figures littering the inside near the door. He scratched his head and walked over, opening up the door and nearly falling over. Laying all over the floor were dozens of them, the whole mall it seemed. What was more, many that had been knocked in half or torn apart were seemingly crawling along the floor as if grasping for something. Others were in pieces, ripped apart or torn asunder by a weapon. Looking toward the back, he could see people wanting to get out, but nervous to clamber over the mannequins laying there.

“Something strange went down here,” he said.

“Told you,” spoke Jack walking up.

“I'm going to need a statement from you on this. What about the people by your cruiser?”

Jack looked to see the odd group sitting in and around his Police Car.

“I've already got statements from them. I'll file them in with my own. None are hurt, they just want to go home.”

“Alright. Go tell them they can. I'll report this in.”

Jack nodded and walked over to the others still trying to make sense of all that has happened.

“Alright, you're free to go. Go home, get the TARDIS, I don't care. Get out of here and get to safety! Just uh, use Lou's car. I still need mine.”

“What about you?” asked Lou

“Someone's gotta clean this mess up. Doc, you know what you're doing right?”

“Maybe. With Discord around I don't think anywhere on Earth is safe!”

“On Earth?” came Derpy.

Whooves just smiled.

---

“This sucks.” grunted Dash

Laying back on a bed in her cell bed, she stared out the window at the evening sky. She wasn't in prison. Yet.

Fortunately, since her first “Cell mate” decided to “leave” to a different cell, she had been pretty much left alone. That however came with the fact of boredom, something she hated. Being cooped up in the precinct holding cell was not her idea of a good time. There was some excitement when the Officers in the main room seemed to be going nuts on all these incoming calls about some freaky happening down at the mall, but that was now over. Now there was nothing to do but stare at the night sky and wish she could be up there instead of down here. She was still lost in thoughts as an Officer walked in and unlocked her cell door and opened it up.

“Alright Miss. Your free to go for now.”

She blinked once before she looked up to the upset cop. “Huh? What?”

“Yep. Bail's been paid. You will receive a court summons date soon. Better be there or you will end up here.”

“Yeah fine. Who paid? Was it Scoot!?”

“Nope!” came a chipper voice as Diane burst into the room much to Dash's surprise.

“Diane? How'd you pay for it?”

“She wasn't alone,” spoke a southern voice.

Dash turned to see the stetson wearing cowgirl standing there proudly. She tipped her hat to her friend and stepped out of the way to see a shy pink haired girl standing there.

“April? Fiona? What?”

“We heard Jack had to arrest you from Tara,” spoke Fiona quietly.

“Since we were all at mah place, we chipped in what we had and decided to bail ya out!”

“So, here we are!” said Diane.

“Awe! You guys are the best!”

She gave her friends a hug, which they happily returned. The Officer standing there rolled his eyes and walked out. After separating, the four walked out and prepared to leave when there came a laugh at the door.

“Greetings everybody! How is everyone tonight?”

Standing there was a tall thin man in a oddly colored suit clapping his hands together. To the four girls, there was something sinister and dark about this man. Everyone else in the station however looked to him with eyebrows raised and curiosities piqued. Either this guy was crazy, or just wanted attention. Unfortunately for all of them, it was both. As one Officer walked over to ask the man to leave the station, the strange visitor smiled a wicked smile, and poked the Officer on the head. The Police man screamed in pain and grabbed his head before his brown hair suddenly drained white and his skin became pale. He turned around, a distant look in his eyes. Others drew their guns while one went up to see if his friend was okay. As he touched the Officer, he met a similar fate. It was like a virus, and the two were going to spread it all across the Police Station. Behind him, the strange man who started this just laughed.

“By oath, you are to uphold the law and enforce order. I think it will be so much more fun to break the law and enforce disorder.”

He laughed as more Police fell under his spell. Stuck between whether to fire at their friends or not until it was too late. One managed to get a shot off at the cackling being standing there, but it went through him causing no damage.

“Oh really? I'm doing all this and you think a bullet will stop me?” His eyes went beyond the cop that shot him. “Oh hellooooo.”

He looked to Dash, April, Diane and Fiona standing there looking on in fear. While Fiona and Diane stepped back out of fear, the other two readied themselves for a fight. He clapped his hands together and gave a evil grin as every controlled officer suddenly turned to them.

“I was hoping to just corrupt Law Enforcement to remove of that one pesky Policeman, but with you here it makes it all the more fun!”

Before anything else could happen though, a small pop erupted in the center room and smoke began to cloud their vision. A hand suddenly grabbed Fiona and she screamed in fear. Dash and April turned to attack whomever it was, but it was a normal Officer with a shotgun.

“Get out of here! Use the fire escape!”

“What about you?”

He didn't answer and ran into the smoke, his shotgun going off twice before it silenced.

“You heard him! Time to go!” said April pushing her friends back.

They ran for it as the smoke behind them made out the still silhouettes of the zombie-like officers stumbling forward toward them. As Diane shut the door, a voice bellowed through the halls.

“FIND THEM!”

It sent chills down their spines. In the span of a few minutes, some guy had just taken control of the near entire police force, and was now hunting them. Other officers further inside rushed past them confused and ran toward the front, unknowing of their fate. Running past them, they finally found the fire escape as the door Diane had closed burst open, revealing the infected officers. They spread their control to the others who approached them, who kept it spreading. Dash grabbed at the fire escape, but it wouldn't budge. Even with her, Fiona's, and Diane's combined strength it wouldn't budge. It was almost as if it was sealed shut.

“Stand back!” yelled April.

They did and with one kick, the door to the escape actually broke off it's hinges and crashed to the floor, much to everyone's surprise.

“How did you-?” tried Dash

“I don't know. Come on!”

They burst out the broken door and ran for their lives, the Police close on their heels. Ducking into a alley, they heard sirens sounding, knowing their time now was short. There was no way that they could outrun them all if the entire city's Police force was now under the control of whoever that was. Turning a corner, they skidded to a stop to see two cruisers and their zombie-like owners standing there guns drawn. They tried to double back, only to find five more had appeared. They were trapped with nowhere to go, and if they were, at the very least April and Dash were going to fight.

“You take the two on the left?” asked April

“No I'll take the three on the right!” laughed Dash

The humor lightened the situation a little, but they were still doomed. Actually, there was a whole lot of light coming into the dark alley. It was as if the sun had come up again! The Officers shielded their eyes and dropped to their knees as the light glowed around them. The four girls standing there didn't know what to make of it until they turned around to see a woman standing there.

“What in Tarnation? Miss-” started April

“No time to explain! I need you to come with me right now!”