• Published 23rd Jul 2012
  • 1,599 Views, 72 Comments

The Lost Pegasus - J8ck78



After trying to help the Doctor get back to his own Dimesnion, Derpy finds herself trapped on Earth

  • ...
5
 72
 1,599

Chapter 20 - Not Over yet

The 11 searched frantically for any sign of Discord, while the resident undead stood around uninterested.

“How did he escape!? The Elements are one of the most powerful objects in all of existence!” cried the Doctor.

“This is a different Discord, Doctor! He beat the Elements in his own Universe. Makes sense he would know how to avoid them in this one!” explained Twilight.

They kept on looking, searching under every rock, every car, even under a turtle that happened to be passing by. With each passing moment, their search grew farther and farther away from the epicenter and their hopes were replaced by fear.

“He couldn't have gotten far!” yelled Diane.

“It was the Elements of Harmony! He shouldn't have gotten anywhere!” still argued the Doctor.

“Where would he be?” asked Twilight.

“Probably went to the TARDIS,” spoke Jack.

They all looked to him as if he were insane. He just shrugged.

“That's where I'd go,” he continued.

The Doctor was quick to disprove that theory: “Impossible! I have the chameleon circuit and the Invisibility on! He can't even see it let alone find it!”

“Well, he did managed to break into a spell sealed vault and steal the Elements of Harmony back in Equestria,” Twilight told him.

Whooves couldn't argue, since she was right. His blood boiled through both his hearts at the very idea that Discord was even looking at his beloved TARDIS.

Twilight looked to Tara and Reine, and they knew what to do. This time however, they were joined by Celeste and Lou and in seconds they were standing in another vacant lot. Whooves aimed his Sonic Screwdriver and fired, removing the invisibility from his TARDIS, revealing it to the world. Everything on it looked the same, as if nothing was wrong. Just as the Doctor was about to announce that Discord wasn't here, blindly holding onto the hope that his TARDIS was okay, he saw it. The white sign that forever adorned the call Box look on his TARDIS. “Push to Enter.”

“DISCORD!” screamed the Doctor.

He furiously grabbed at the door and flung it open. Derpy tried to grab onto him and keep him from going into his own doom inside his own TARDIS, but the Time Lord was too strong and marched right on in. Twilight followed suit, asking the Doctor to wait, but it fell on deaf ears. The rest looked on from the outside, not sure exactly what to do.

“Do- do we follow them?” asked Tara.

“Sure! Why not!” Diane sang as she walked in oblivious to the danger.

The rest looked at each other amazed. She was defiantly Pinkie Pie's human version. This was confirmed when she marveled at a object inside the TARDIS, disappeared down one end of it, and popped out the other end still marveling at it. The rest followed, save Jack, who was still unsure of whether or not to enter. He actually took a step back still fearing what could tear apart his molecules at a split second when he has grabbed form behind.

“I got you scardey cat. Move it!” ordered Lou.

She literally had to push him into the TARDIS. Once inside, he did not move from the exact spot she left him at. He clutched at his grenade launcher and shield, looking around nervously at the slightest movement, fearing the worst was going to happen. There came a snap and a rumble followed by a high pitched scream that shook them to their cores. Only the Doctor stood untouched.

“She's fighting him! He's here!” he announced.

“What?” asked Tara.

“Discord doesn't understand the TARDIS is intelligent. She's fighting him alright! That's my TARDIS!”

The lights flickered for a few seconds before shutting off completely. They turned back on, although this time with a distinct hum.

“This is bad,” said Lou.

The rest looked worriedly around the room hoping that Discord would not pop out and get them at any moment. As the lights flickered again showing the TARDIS was still fighting Discord in it's own way, the Doctor ran to his controls. After a mass of buttons, switches, levers, and a kids toy, all mixed in with his Screwdriver, the lights came on even brighter and the humming stopped.

“He seemed to have taken a fancy to the urinals. Weird.”

“Maybe he had to go?” commented Derpy.

“Maybe.”

Meanwhile, Diane, April, and Dash meanwhile walked over to a door. They all were more curious about the inside of the mythical blue Police box than the fear of Discord and looked at the panel for it's controls. After a round of Rock Paper Scissors, Dash huffed angrily and pressed the button. The opening of said door was fast and rapid, and they swore they heard the splashing of water. Looking inside the trio were welcomed by what appeared to be a Olympic sized pool.

“So this is the pool room,” commented Diane.

Suddenly the door closed, much to their alarm. Apparently the TARDIS didn't want them snooping around while Discord was loose, but they had other ideas. Dash pressed the button again, and this time it opened to reveal the wardrobe room. The door shut again, followed by Dash opening it again. The next a stable, next room a track, another room appeared to be a single chair in the middle of a illuminated white light. They were glad when the door shut that time. Still, curiosity got the better of them and this time Diane opened the door. The door opened again revealing several doors down a hallway. When it shut again and April opened it, it showed a room with several dozen beds lining up for miles almost. All the while, their small antics had gotten the attention of the rest, and the Doctor looked in and saw it.

“So that's where the barracks went.”

“Barracks?” asked Diane.

“It is a ship you know! They were planned with having a crew! Not one madstallion!”

“Stallion!?” asked Dash.

“Still used to Ponyville,” answered the Doctor walking.

The door shut and Dash opened it again, however, the three were looking at the Doctor bewildered and not at the door.

“LOOK OUT!” screamed Twilight.

They looked in to see, to their deepest horrors, a Dalek standing there. It didn't say a word, it just fired at them. The three barely got out of the way and Jack was struck with the blast. His skeleton illuminating a bright turquoise, his bones a sharp black. He screamed in pain and fell over as the door shut again.

“No! Not again!” screamed Lou.

“No!” spoke the Doctor.

“Wait! Hold on!” yelled Tara.

Jack gasped for air before coughing. Everyone who hadn't seen his spectacle with the pistol jumped back in amazement at his immortality. He stood up, still a little winded from his “death” and looked at everyone starring at him. He shook his head a little and stumbled around before being caught by Lou.

“So that's what a Dalek Gun stick blast feels like.” he got out.

His demeanor soon changed form amazed to angered. Before anyone could say anything, his eyes narrowed and he cried out in anger.

“See! See! I told you! The moment I step foot in this thing I die! Why is that thing even in here!?”

“How did you survive a full on Dalek blast?” asked the Doctor, intrigued by his survival.

“What are you? Immortal!?” asked Derpy.

“So it would seem,” The Doctor pondered.

“Okay, yes! I can't die! Somehow I gained immortality when I came back to life. Answer my question! Why was there a Dalek!?” yelled Jack.

“Did you have to ask Jack?” came a sinister voice from all around.

“Yes, yes I did,” snapped Jack.

“Well, you clearly aren't bright are you, Officer?”

“It was rhetorical!” snapped Lou.

“Ooh, now you're coming to his aide. How sweet.” mocked the spirit of chaos.

They looked around expecting to see him, but he was everywhere and nowhere, omnipotent. This did little to satisfy the Doctor.

“Discord! You don't know what you're doing! You are trespassing in my TARDIS! I am warning you! Leave now and I'll find you a place to-”

“Please Doctor, you don't scare me. Just the mere mention of my name sends others running or cowering for their lives.”

“So does mine.” muttered the Doctor.

He stood defiant amongst the laughter of Discord. Around him, the Mane 6, Celeste, Lou, Jack, and the Doctors companions readied themselves for battle. Yet, Discord was smarter than that and kept hidden and there all at the same time. They all knew what they had to do: If they wanted to fight him and finish this, they were going to go and find him. However, the TARDIS was massive, much larger on the inside then out. What was worse was if they went as a cohesive force, he could easily hide, double back, and sneak around them without their knowledge. He chose the perfect battleground in the universe. To catch him they would have to do the one thing they didn't want to do, and it was exactly what Discord wanted them to do. They all knew it, they all despised it, and it was Discords exact reason for coming here. Yet, even in this dark hour, he had underestimated them yet again. For Twilight was way ahead of him and formulated a counter to his divide and conquer.

“We stay in groups. Two per Pony!”

“You mean person?” corrected Tara.

“Not where I come from.”

Pony dialect aside, it was their best option. 6 groups, 2 per group. Twilight was ready to split them up, but the Doctor mysteriously beat her to it.

“Alright, here it is!” ordered the Doctor: “Derpy and Twilight. Tara and Diane, Dash and Arpil, Fiona and Reine, Celeste and Lou, and I'll stick with Jack here.”

“Why?” asked Lou, not exactly wanting to leave him after his second 'death'.

“We're both immortal.”

Jack caught onto where he was going. Twilight wondered why he wanted to stay around him? Immortal or not they hardly knew each other and would hardly make a cohesive force together. The rest just agreed with the Doctor and got into their groups. While reluctant, they moved out to catch Discord with fire in their eyes. His terror was going to end here and now in the TARDIS and there was nothing he could do to stop them. Dash opened the door one last time, and the TARDIS seemed to be in the fight as well. It revealed a entrance to six different hallways, and while they knew each one lead to Discord, it was the best it could do since it was fighting the human-Dracqouness. Nodding to each other silently, they stepped forward to the first doors they came across, and stepped in. Those next doors they crossed into, though, was purely Discord's doing. Twilight and Derpy appeared in a forest of sorts complete with birds and a sun. Diane and Tara appeared in the library, while Dash and April showed up in the pool room, again. From the moment the door shut behind them, Lou and Celeste found themselves in a large dark void with only themselves illuminated, while Fiona and Reine just appeared in another hallway full of hallways. All that was left was the Doctor and Jack, and this one wasn't of Discord's doing.

Looking around the small room, Jack instantly knew something was up. There was no exit, only one entrance guarded by the Doctor. The room was completely devoid of anything and everything aside walls, floor, ceiling, and a light. After nodding in assessment of it, he looked the the Doctor; who stood there eying him angrily ready to go off at any moment. Jack gave a small laugh and flipped open the chamber on his grenade launcher. He set it down on the floor, rested his pistol and tazer on it, and placed his shield over it. He looked the Doctor, who aimed his Sonic Screwdriver at the pile and fired. The items were fused together and stuck to the floor with a ding. Jack rested up on the wall awaiting anything while Whooves put the Screw Driver back in his pocket. The two stared at each other, Jack looking on unconcerned, the Doctor eying the Office angrily. Finally, after what seemed like minutes, the Doctor spoke.

“Went to the TARDIS. How original. You planned this!”

“I didn't plan anything. I was just doing as instructed.”

“You traitor! You sacrificed your life for us just for Discord to corrupt you and bring you back.”

Jack was a little shocked by this. “Uh, no. It can look that way, but that's not the case entirely.”

“I will give you one chance, Officer. One chance!” threatened the Doctor.

“Well Doc, what do you want to know first?” Jack asked him.

“Everything.”