• Published 23rd Jul 2012
  • 1,599 Views, 72 Comments

The Lost Pegasus - J8ck78



After trying to help the Doctor get back to his own Dimesnion, Derpy finds herself trapped on Earth

  • ...
5
 72
 1,599

Chapter 18 - It's A Game

“You just shot yourself in the head, and are perfectly fine!” shouted Tara.

“Uh-huh,” responded Jack.

“How are you not freaking out over this!” yelled April.

“I'm surprised how you're not freaking out over how I'm alive again,” chuckled Jack.

“Yeah, ya care ta explain that one?”

“I think it has something to do with a giant red Ogre and some sort of mission.”

“But, but, but, but, this doesn't happen!” yelled Tara, all her thoughts on how the world worked falling apart before her.

“Discord's power can do strange things, but I've never known him to bring back the dead.” commented Twilight, still more used to crazy happenings like this.

“I think this one may be outside power,” responded Jack, as if he knew something.

“Well, do you feel okay?” asked Dash, not exactly sure

“Well let's see, I was shot a dozen times, slammed into by a armored car, caught aflame, and rolled over at 120 miles per hour. Died, then brought back to life, had my neck broken by some SWAT guy I stole these clothes off of, was attacked by five police dogs, and shot point blank with a shot gun. Also, I took a pistol to my head. Yeah, I've never felt more peachy!” explained Jack.

“Well, he's got a point,” said Twilight.

“I do?” came a astounded Jack.

They all looked to her irate she could even say that. Unicorn or not, these things didn't occur normally even in her Universe. To Twilight, traveling around with the Doctor was all she really needed to be calm in this situation. They looked back to the undead officer, who just shrugged. Even with his coming back to life, he was still as clueless to the situation as ever. Or at least he seemed like it.

Regardless, April slapped him on the back as Diane gave him a hug.

“Glad to have ya back there Jack,” said April.

“Lou was so crushed when you were killed,” added Diane

“We all were to a degree,” finished Reine.

“Glad to know ya guys, and my girlfriend care. By the way where is she?”

“Probably fighting Discord in the city. She wanted his head after he killed you,” spoke Dash.

“She knows I sacrificed myself right?”

“Well, she blamed Discord for causing it,” replied Tara

Jack looked out to the city and worried for his girlfriend. They all did, and hoped they would be okay. Somehow, Twilight knew they would be, deep down the Unicorn-Human just knew. Straightening out her mane, Twilight hopped down off the rock she was sitting on and looked to the sky. It was darker than before, night time was coming.

“We need to get going. We need to get the Elements to defeat Discord.” she ordered

“Elements of Harmony? Yep, I missed something. That why you guys are going to the old Mansion in this place?”

“You're not surprised about the elements?” asked Reine

“Okay, I'll go on another rant. Derpy Whooves, the Doctor, and all of Equestria exists! I fought off animated mannequins, learned Discord exists! I'm dating Princess Luna! I'm a Zombie! As far as I'm concerned, the Elements of Harmony fit right into this big old parade! I'm open to everything right now!” shouted Jack

“Well, that's good to know,” Reine finished.

Jack cocked his head to the right, holding his mouth shut lest untold blasphemes would come out. A vein on his head throbbed, indicating his anger. Reine just smiled and slowly backed away. The rest ignored the little fight going on.

“Yeah. If we can get those magical items, we can crush Discord,” Dash said ready for a fight

“Right, which means we should stop standing around and get to that Mansion!' Tara called as she tried to climb the rocks up the incline.

The rest clambered on to climb up while the undead Jack just stood there watching in confusion. They looked to him expecting him to start his climb, but he just stood there.

“There's a quicker route up this way, follow me,” he finally spoke.

He walked off toward the west as the 7 looked on confused.

“How the hell do you know?” came Dash.

Jack turned around and just laughed. “Do you know how many stupid calls the Police get from that place? After that one incident with the llama, The mounted unit commissioned for a trail to be set up not far from here. How do you think I got here so fast?”

He turned around and started walking again.

“Llama?” asked Twilight.

“You don't even want to know,” said a disgusted April as she slid down the rocks.

Twilight looked on even more confused.

“You'll have to forgive her, that was her llama they stole,” added Reine as she slid down.

Twilight thought on it, gave a shrug, and followed suit. Jack meanwhile had seemingly returned to that still, creepy state he was in when they first saw him. While he may be a freak of nature all of a sudden, aside from that, they had little reason not to trust him. He had just saved them after all, and this was Jack, actually, thinking on that it didn't hold much water, but it was their best lead. Following him, they made their way to the path he was talking about. It was a simple overgrown gravel trail with grass patches popping up all over the place. It wound it's way up and down the hill, and was eerily abandoned. Dash was the first to step out, and nothing happened. No helicopter, no searchlights, not even a rustle of the leaves. The route safe, the rest walked on and up the hill. Only Jack stayed behind and watched the woods, making sure they weren't being followed. Reloading his grenade launcher and readying it for a fight, he knew where they all were. If the Discord controlled Police were here, then they would have used that road as well, and if they were trying to go for the Elements of Harmony, Jack would know full well where they would head them off. Taking one last look, he caught up with his friends and joined them in their climb.

----

With a beam of white, the Dalek burst into flam and melted into a sizzling pool of molten metal, it's organic body long having vaporized in the heat. As another tried to back away from the sun deity, he was stopped by the Doctor. He pointed his Sonic Screwdriver and fired it, and it seemingly did nothing. The Dalek looked around expecting something to happen from it's age old enemy, until it suddenly felt itself being lifted into the air. It looked around with it's eye stalk, but it couldn't seem to turn it's head all the way around. As floated up above the buildings, the Dalek started falling. It finally got its eye stalk around to look behind it, and it saw a human with a pair of wings. It tried to engage its flight systems, but they did not work. The Doctor had disabled them and it's flying companion had dropped him from a height where it's shell would not protect it. The last thing it saw was the ground before metal and impact blacked it out permanently. Two down, a hundred to go. Celeste herself zapped two more into oblivion when a Dalek fired right at her shield. Even with her power negating the bolt into only the shield, she was weakening. Aiming her lance she engulfed two of them with her power, destroying them all with the power of the sun itself. Five more appeared behind those two and floated over the molten Dalek pit and toward her. She took out two of them before the return fire forced. She felt her foot brush up against something and looked to see the Doctor holding up a trash can lid.

“What's that for?” she asked.

Her response was a demonstration when a Dalek fired and he tossed the lid into the air, taking the Dalek bolt instead of the Doctor. With skill, he leaped up over and landed in a seemingly pointless spot, and as the Dalek fired, it hit one of its comrades that fell from the sky. He gave a salute upwards, and Derpy returned it. The ever present Dalek that had been firing all this time aimed upwards to try and shoot Derpy down, only to have it's body pierced by a lance and thrown into another file of advancing Daleks. As they got up, Celeste used this moment to her advantage, and the Daleks were suddenly gone, vanished into this air. She looked on impressed when a Dalek crashed into a car and exploded, dropped from the air. Derpy landed next to them, tired as wore out.

“Doctor, I, I can't go on!” she got out, nearly collapsing.

She looked over to see four of the aliens advancing and opening fire, but the blasts were suddenly blasted back by a screen of light that appeared in front of her and the Daleks were obliterated by their own beams. She looked to Celeste, who smiled at her victory. The Doctor meanwhile joined them after sending a semi to crash three of them through a building.

“We can't stop now Derpy, AAH!”

He jumped into the air as a Dalek missed shot vaporized a pipe that was next to him. Celeste acted fast and in moments the Dalek was aflame.

“We've fought long into the night Doctor. Now might be a good time to retreat,” optioned Celeste.

“Impossible! There's no way we could have!”

“Retreat? You've done that before!” cried Derpy.

“No, we've been here a hour. How could it possibly be.... night!”

He froze. He was looking up into the air, specifically towards the large full moon that now orbited the sky. Derpy only noticed the moon, and turned to the other side to see the sun floating up there as well. What could cause the moon and the sun to come up in the same exact moment, and then it hit her like a freight train. She looked back to the moon just as a beam of light shown brightly in the middle and grew at incredible speeds. It took them a second, but they realized it wasn't growing, it was coming at them. They braced for impact when the light burst into even more light and shot all around them, but didn't hit them. Instead, it hit each and every Dalek around them. They watched as the cyborgs glowed with a intense blue light, and shattered into a million pieces as glass. Yet, even as the pieces of the glass went out, it didn't hurt to the touch, instead they just cooled into water, and began flowing upwards until they almost became stars in the night sky.

“Great Gallifrey!” exclaimed the Doctor.

They watched as the Nightmare Lou floated down, the ground shuddering almost with every step of her armored boot. The few Daleks that survived shrank back in fear as Lou looked to her sister.

“Thank you Lou.”

“I will not leave my sister to become another victim of Discord.”

Celeste looked to Nightmare Lou, and for a minute, she saw her younger sister in there. She was about to say something when there came a crash behind them and a fire truck rolled into a building with a thud.

“Did you honestly, in all your outcomes, think that for even a second, a rubber fire hose fused to a Firetruck could hold me?”

Lou turned around to join the rest in looking on at Discord as he adjusted the gauntlet on his hand. All she could do was smile.

“Never did Discord. But now your Dalek friends are dead, and you are right here with me, My sister, Derpy, and the Doctor.”

“Ooh, Doctor Who, I'm shaking in my boots,” mocked Discord.

He broke out into laughter when a Dalek gun stick blast suddenly shut him up and sent him falling to the ground. He wasn't dead but the attack still hurt. From behind the Doctor walked up holding a Dalek gun stick in his hands, having modified it to fire with his Sonic Screwdriver.

“It's just the Doctor, thank you. Nightmare is right. Let's see you fight all of us!”

Discord stood up, and his nostrils shot out green flame with his anger. Facing off against both the Princesses, and the Doctor and his Assistant, he eyed them angrily and snapped his fingers

----

At long last, and with no issues, police, and even a single tree to block the road, they arrived at the mansion. Looking around, it was what they expected, but at the same time it wasn't what they expected. It was old, decrepit, and falling apart all over. A storm had seemingly knocked out the upper floors and all that remained was the first floor. It's stone siding was still there, but inside all that was left was shattered walls and abandoned rooms. They were all a little reluctant to go inside, even Twilight and the undead Jack. Dash was the first to step inside, and while the floors creaked and echoed throughout the house, nothing happened.

“It's safe!” she called out.

The rest walked in nervously, looking around and fearing the worst. Jack was the last one in, checking for anything that was following them. Fortunately there wasn't.

“Okay, let's get this over with. Hopefully, we wont have to go to the basement,” he said closing the door.

“Why? What's down there?” Twilight inquired.

“Last I checked, part of a llama,” Jack shuddered as he kept on walking.

She looked to him confused as ever, but a reassuring her double made her forget the mysterious llama issue and she started looking through the house. As the rest walked in and out of rooms, she wondered if it was through a hidden passage or something.

“So where would the Elements be?” asked April

“In Equestria, they were on a podium. I don't know about here.”

“Most stories talk of a treasure buried here. I bet the Elements are what they're talking about!” spoke Tara

“Fortunately, I happen-” started Jack.

He was cut off by a hair raising scream from Reine. They barged into the room where she was, Jack ready to fire his grenade launcher, when they realized she just walked into a spider web.

“Get this thing off of me!” she shrieked.

Dash and Fiona walked over and helped her remove the web while Fiona herself helped the spider back into its little corner.

“Well, it's not in here,” chuckled April

“I can see that,” snapped Reine

“Maybe it's in a secret room or something,” came Fiona

“Yes and if I can get a word out-” Jack tried again.

“Everyone start searching for a hidden panel! It's gotta be here somewhere,” ordered Twilight

“I'm never getting a word out,” sighed Jack.

No one listened to him and began searching furiously for the panel. All except Twilight, who was analyzing the whole place for anything. She looked around for the most obvious obscure thing she could possibly find. It wasn't easy. There were broken wall and floor boards, a single peg for the former stair railing, and lastly, a room full of books? She was drawn to it, both out of her love for the printed material, and for the fact it seemed so obvious and obscure all at the same time. At the same time, the library room seemed to border along a mysterious block of the building there seemed to be no way in to! All arrows pointed toward it and she knew what she had to do. The others saw her walking in, and caught on to where she was going.

“Uh, Twilight, it's uh-” tried Jack.

“Help me tear these books off!” she shouted

Using her magic, she began pulling books off one by one. The rest of the girls ran in and followed suit, just with out magic. Soon books were piling up on the floor or were crumbling where they stood due to old age and decay. While Twilight tried to read a few, the writing was so decrepit she couldn't even make out the slightest letter. Tossing it aside, she kept going, tearing every book that came into her sight off the shelf. Finally, they came to the last one. A large heavy tome that rested right on the wall where Twilight guessed the room would be. With a heave, April and Dash tore it from the wall, and it fell to the floor with a thud. They heard a knocking behind it as if something was moving. But it just kept knocking. They leaned in closely and listened to it, and it just kept knocking, or tapping. Tara's eyes lit up as she recognized what it was.

“That's Morse code!” she yelled.

“What? Impossible! How can that be Morse code?” came April.

“Sound more like Horse code,” commented Twilight.

“Not around here.” replied Reine

“What's it saying? Is it a ghost?” cried Diane.

“Ssh! Quiet. Come.....come..... come to the.... staircase?”

“Staircase? What?” asked Dash.

“Come on let's go!”

The tapping suddenly changed and was a bit more furious than usual. They all looked to Tara for a translation.

“It said: Yes, let's.” she translated, confused.

“What is this? A ghost with a sense of humor?” grunted Dash as they walked out.

They walked to the staircase, and a sight beheld them. The single railing peg was shifted the opposite way and the stair lowered to reveal a hallway of sorts. Inside, Jack leaned up against the wall, tapping said wall with his baton.

“Not really a ghost. More on the lines with a zombie.” he laughed.

“What the? Why didn't you tell us about this?” snapped Twilight giving him a dark look.

“I tried to. No one was listening!” he snapped back.

“How did you find out about this place?” asked Tara walking in.

“Accident. Discovered it a few years ago while investigating on a call. Not much, just a empty room of sorts, but it's the only secret room in the house I know of.”

Tara was about to say something when a Helicopter buzzed overhead. Their worst fears were realized when they heard sirens right outside.