• Published 23rd Jul 2012
  • 1,594 Views, 72 Comments

The Lost Pegasus - J8ck78



After trying to help the Doctor get back to his own Dimesnion, Derpy finds herself trapped on Earth

  • ...
5
 72
 1,594

Chapter 13 - Sequence issue

It was silent amongst Celeste's house. It had been a long sleepless night for most of them, and none of them were talking about anything. Even the normally cheery and jumpy Diane was sullen and quiet. According to the news, the city had come under a terrorist attack or some sort of gas attack and people were ordered to stay away while officials quarantined the city and tried to find a way in. Newscasters and average people were saying the most incredible things. One said Zombies, the other a alien invasion, another crackpot claimed it was lizard men come to eat peoples brains. It was actually pretty interesting to watch. The Doctor knew, however, what would come of this in the long run. They would send in the Military when they got the chance, and when that failed, they would bomb the city. That was pretty much how Americans did things. If they couldn't get it normally, they would bombard the sense out of it until there was nothing left of it.

“So, when do we leave?” asked Tara, her voice a little shaky over what see was about to undertake.

“Are you ready Tara?” a concerned Celeste asked.

“No.”

“Why?” asked a innocent Derpy.

“We're just regular people! We don't do stuff like this!” replied Tara.

“Yeah! We don't go adventures like ya'll do. The most adventure we have is trying to find a new place to hang out at after Dash tears it apart!” added in April, “No offense.”

Dash shot her a dark look.

“Now, we're forced to go and save the world whether we want to or not.” finished Fiona.

“I'm sorry. I wish I told you earlier. I never thought it would happen like this though,” spoke up Celeste. She gave them a apologetic look, which was met with forgiving faces.

“No one could have known this would have happened. Not even you dear.” said Reine.

“Regardless, we need to stop Discord before anyone else get's hurt!” announced the Doctor. With that, Lou stood up and waked out of on the front porch with a huff. They all watched her leave concerned for their friend. She had been silent all night, and there was crying coming from her room last night. As the door behind her slammed, Whooves rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment. “Oops. My bad.”

“It's alright. She can get emotional at times.” said Dash.

“Emotional, she just lost Jack!” snapped Tara.

“Yeah, how did those two...? I mean, she is technically a Princess,” spoke Twilight.

“He arrested her for Driving under the Influence,” replied Derpy.

“Wonderful way to start a relationship,” commented the Doctor.

“She found out where he lived, showed up to complain, and the next thing we knew, they were going out,” clarified Reine.

“I hope she's okay. Now that she has powers, I don't know what will happen,” Celeste commented.

“Yeah, sorry to change the subject, why do you guys have powers?” inquired Whooves.

“Celestia and Luna are some of the most powerful Alicorns in the land. Even with their powers mitigated into humans, some would still survive.”

“Some? She turned your lamp into a medieval weapon!” screamed Diane.

“Okay, a lot of powers,” Celeste replied looking around somewhat embarrassed.

Just then, the front door opened and Lou stuck her head in. They expected something similar to a yell about them talking about her. Instead, she spoke in a wary, nervous voice.

“Uh, you guys may want to see this.”

They all headed towards the door. From the front porch they could see the city off in the distance, and it was in the chaos only Discord could create. Pink clouds, buildings floating upside down on mountains, and even from here they could see the patchwork colored ground. All stared in shock, except the Doctor. He was laughing uncontrollably and fell over.

“How can you find this funny?” snapped Twilight.

“Lo-loo-look at it! It's hilarious!” he got out.

“How is that hilarious? It's horrible!” questioned Derpy.

“Even on Earth he uses the same old tricks. Can't he think up something original?”

“It's not like someone is writing this, Doctor,” came Twilight.

The Doctor laughed regardless. The rest rolled their eyes and looked back on to the city in horror.

“Ah, it's simply brilliant when you think about it. Well, no not brilliant more horrific when you think about it, but the sight of it is... okay, nothing is brilliant, let's go stop him! Who's ready!?”

“We'd thought you'd never ask.” grunted a bemused Derpy.

“Well, there's only one way in!” said Dash.

The Doctor smiled and with a smile pointed his Sonic Screwdriver into the open lawn. The TARDIS appeared, it's invisibility melting away. The small army ready, they walked over and entered the space/time ship and the lights inside glowed to life. The Doctor ran his fingers over the controls like mad, yet each one seemed to bring a new hum to the TARDIS itself. The machine slowly lifted off the ground and with a tug of a squiggly lever, it flew off into the air.

“First stop, the State Park, then to the city where Discord is!” announced the Doctor as he slammed a hammer into a shoe,

“By the way what city is that?”

“Oh that's easy! It's-” started Tara.

The TARDIS shook violently as it hit something. The Doctor checked in his view screen to see he wasn't exactly hitting anything. He was just flying through pink clouds.

“Hold off on that answer, Miss Sparkle's double! It's going to be a rough ride! Ah, I was afraid of this!”

“What is it?” came Derpy.

“Discord!” cursed Whooves.

“What's he doing?” came Twilight.

“He's blocking our exit! He's trying to keep us trapped here! With his lock on the timeline, there is nothing I can do about it!”

From the outside, the TARDIS seemed to be hitting a invisible wall surrounding the mansion. It bounced and spun violently as it tried to break through. Inside, sparks flew and screams echoed down the halls as the Doctor fought furiously alongside his ship to try and break through. Looking over his console, he cried in frustration at what he saw. Discord had inadvertently created a one way Time lock of sorts on this area. It was different than normal ones, since you could technically “get in” through the back, but it was getting in through the front that was a problem. He was pulling every trick he could think of in the book, and some from another book he read to try and break through. Even with his near infinite knowledge of Time and how it worked and ways to get around locks such as this, he couldn't find a way in. Every hit seemed to drain power from his ship bit by bit.

“Wait! That's it!”

“What's it?” came Derpy.

The Doctor didn't answer, he ran all around the console doing almost random things. When he went to push a button, the covering on it shut hard.

“I know what it will do! We have no choice!” yelled the Doctor as he opened the casing.

“Doctor! What are you planning!?”

“Temporal shift!” he shouted as he slammed the button.

Everyone in the TARDIS, and the TARDIS itself, glowed white as it vibrated and rattled with enough force to create a earthquake. The TARDIS seemed to vanish from Time and Space entirely.

“Hold on!” called the Doctor.

Even he was wondering if he was going to make it. Sweat poured down his brow as he heard the screams of his friends. The shift tore them through time and space, nearly splitting them right down to the atom as it cut through the second rate Time Lock Discord had placed. The Doctor worked the controls with everything imaginable. Using his Screwdriver, then his foot, shoving his head into it, and running his “stolen” scarf though two panels to keep it alive and well. Without warning, the whole thing suddenly turned upside down, the gravity matrix on it reversing. Yet even this didn't stop him, with his friends screaming around him and holding on to whatever they could for dear life, nothing could. As he fell to the ceiling, he aimed his Screwdriver at three different places midair. There was a bang, and what sounded like a whistle as he landed on top of the TARDIS. The TARDIS righted itself, and the Doctor grabbed onto a pole and slid down. Then, with a shrieking crack, everything returned to normal. Slowly, the passengers stood up and looked around nervously a the now darkened machine, wary of what had just happened.. Whooves rested his hands over the console, glad his gamble worked. Looking on his screen, he read the time where they were: November 23rd, 1963. Something brought a comfort to the Doctor seeing this until he was whipped around and slammed up against the console.

“What was that!?” shouted Twilight.

“A trick I learned from the Daleks?” tried Whooves.

“Since when do you take ideas from Daleks?”

“Well technically it wasn't their idea, Temporal Shifts have been around for years. Actually one of the original modes of time travel until more safer methods were arranged.”

“You nearly got us killed!” shouted Dash.

“We're all here right? No one hurt? Everything's fine!” answered the Doctor.

“Uh, hello! A little help!” came a voice from above.

They looked up to see Derpy clinging to the top of the TARDIS for dear life.

“Alright, can anyone fly?” asked Diane.

“I got her,” answered Twilight.

She aimed her horn at the trapped human Pegasus, slowly and easily engulfing her in Twilight's magic. With a loud hiss, the

TARDIS suddenly sprung to life, lights, sounds, everything. Twilight jumped, startled from it.

“Powers back! Hello TARDIS!” announced the Doctor.

“Look out!” screamed Reine.

Derpy was falling now. They tried to grab her, but with a flap of feathers, Derpy hovered in midair, covering her eyes, unaware she was flying.

“Whoa! Haw are ya doin' that!” shouted April.

Derpy uncovered one of her eyes, and with a nervous glance behind her, saw a flash of gray feathers. Her wings were back. Her wings were back! With a cry of sheer joy, she flew around the TARDIS with her re-found wings before landing in front of them.

“I got my wings back!” she cried.

“I can see that,” replied a shocked Twilight.

“How did she do that? I thought she didn't have wings!” came Lou.

“Hmm, well, it seems we were exposed to the same radiation going through Dimensions. The TARDIS seems to be able to protect against some of it, but not all of it. Two doses of it must've reverted Derpy back to a pony somewhat.”

“So, what? Are we now part ponies?” asked Tara.

“No, of course not! Had we gone over to Equestria, maybe. No, you're still Humans. Derpy here is just on a bridge between Humans and Ponies.”

“Okay, I'll ask it. What?” said Diane.

Whooves was quick to answer: “Derpy reverted back a little to a Pegasus.”

“Yeah, I still don't get it,” was Diane's response.

“I'll explain it later, well, probably not. Right now! We got a world to save!”

The TARDIS whirred to life once again and began its travel through the time stream. They were fast approaching the 21st century when Whooves remembered something: “What year were we in?”

“I'm on it!” said Dash jumping up and looking at the little time display, “There! Stop it now!”

Whooves slammed on the TARDIS's brakes. There was a crash somewhere, but they could feel themselves exiting the time stream. “State Park incoming!”

There was a crash and they were thrown across the room and slammed into the far side. The Doctor pushed off Twilight and helped up Fiona before brushing himself off.

“Right, Discord put up another barrier around the park. Plan B!”

“He knew we were coming!” cursed Celeste.

“Can we get through?” came April.

“Yes and no. This is a barrier prevents the TARDIS from getting through, but I'm quite positive you can.”

“Quite positive?” asked Twilight.

“Okay, mostly positive. If not, we may need a new plan fast. Get ready Humane 6! Your journey awaits!”

They still didn't like that name, but the Doctor was going to use it regardless. The TARDIS landed with a thump. It was silent, they all knowing what they were about to undertake. The door opened and Twilight and the aptly named Humane 6 stepped off into the forest. The TARDIS had landed in a clearing right outside the forest, the closest they could get to without bumping into Discords barrier. Even a few feet away from it, they could see it vibrating to the TARDIS's presence. Dash was the first to walk over, and albeit hesitantly, touched the barrier. Nothing happened. More confidant and ready, she leaped into where the barrier was, and landed in the grass. She looked back smiling proudly and gave a thumbs up. Diane cheered, but they all knew what was going to happen next. Looking back into the TARDIS, they saw Derpy, the Doctor, Celeste, and Lou with both confidant and worried faces. Twilight gave a nod that she was ready, and the Doctor returned it. With heavy hearts and some reluctance, they watched the TARDIS lift up and spin off toward the city for the second part of their plan. Around them, the woods were silent and still, a morning fog still holding out in the shadows, illuminated by the rays of sunshine that pierced through the trees. Birds chirped and crickets sang, giving it a peaceful, yet somehow sinister feel to it. Twilight herself gave a slight shudder at how similar this place was to the Everfree Forest back In Equestria. She nearly jumped when a hand was placed on her shoulder. She turned to meet the ready and waiting face of Tara.

“You guys ready?” asked Twilight.

“We're always ready!” responded Dash with enthusiasm.

“Let's go save the world!” cheered Diane.

Twilight smiled, and remembering what she saw on the map, started off toward the abandoned house followed by everyone else. Yet, a mile away on a ridge overlooking the clearing stood a tall figure. His face was hidden behind a darkened face shield, and what could be seen of him was more of a silhouette than anything. Clad in heavy body armor, and armed with a Riot gun and Riot shield that read in large white words: POLICE. He watched the TARDIS land and the passengers disembark without moving, barely breathing. As they made their way into the woods, the still man looked down to where this ridge met the next With a crack of bones, he moved stiffly and silently away.