• Published 23rd Jul 2012
  • 1,594 Views, 72 Comments

The Lost Pegasus - J8ck78



After trying to help the Doctor get back to his own Dimesnion, Derpy finds herself trapped on Earth

  • ...
5
 72
 1,594

Chapter 24: The End....

With Discord gone, everything returned to normal as if it had never happened. The Police had no knowledge of their enslavement, and the official word was of a kind of accident involving a chemical at the local water treatment plant that accidentally seeped into the water. Since no one would yet know of the true cause behind the strange events, The Doctor stepped out of the TARDIS, beaming with the pride of what he had done. Once again he had saved Earth, the nostalgia of it all seeping through him. Everyone was standing there in a small secluded area of the park. Jack's police Cruiser sat there, Jack resting on it alongside Lou. Up above in a tree was Dash and Diane, the former having flown up there and the latter just appeared up there. The rest stood or sat around talking amongst themselves about what happened, what they were going to do with their new found powers, and what else they could think up. The Doctor looked back to the TARDIS smiled. It was repaired, fixed up, and better than ever, he knew the TARDIS was happy, and if she was happy, he was happy. Of course that didn't mean the rest didn't dread this moment. This meant that the Doctor, Derpy, and Twilight would have to go back, and losing new found friends was never easy. Even the Doctor was a bit sad for this moment having finally come.

“Well, I guess it's time to go,” the Doctor said.

“Do we have to?” begged Derpy.

“Yeah do you have to!?” Diane said suddenly appearing in the Doctors face.

Whooves nearly fell over at this, but Twilight managed to catch him. He straightened out his suit and looked over everyone. Despite the hundreds of times he had done this, it never got any easier on him. Especially for his companions.

“Sadly yes. We need to get back to our Universe. To our own home. We can't stay here forever.”

Derpy was quick to protest, “Why? That's a Time Machine! It can go back at any point in time!”

The Doctor tried to answer, but he couldn't. With the unpredictability of the TARDIS, he was only certain that if the left now they would arrive in Ponyville a few minutes after he and Twilight left. Any longer and he would never be sure when they end up, and that would present it's own set of problems. Twilight however, came to his aide. She placed her hand on Derpy and gave her a reassuring look.

“It's time to go now.”

This was met with Diane breaking out into tears in a comical fashion that drenched both Jack and Lou until the moon deity managed to create a umbrella to shield themselves.

“This is going to take some getting used to,” said Lou.

“Yes, that is right! You all have powers now!” the Doctor remarked.

Everyone's spirits perked up at this, a little. It was true! Between flight, magic, and one case of Immortality, things were going to be quite different from here on out.

“Not to mention you all are going to live a lot longer,” Twilight told them.

“How?” came Jack.

“Well, since most of you are created from Equestrian ponies and we live long lives. What's the longest humans live?”

“We live to a hundred in the long run,” Reine exclaimed.

“Average, 70,” added Jack.

“Wow, you guys live short lives.”

Each of the girls looked at each other, still not getting what Twilght was getting at.

“Celeste and Lou maybe, But the rest of us?” asked April.

“Well, Granny Smith is a couple hundred years old. So, just take the average human age and multiply by that by a couple hundred...”

“That's a couple thousand,” Tara answered.

Everyone went silent over this one. They both were right, they were going to around for a long long time. The Doctor did some math in his head, and sure enough, they all were going to live for awhile.

Everyone saying their final goodbyes, the three pony-Humans/Time Lord boarded the TARDIS on Earth for what would hopefully be their final time. Derpy looked back to Jack, and waved goodbye one last time, and he nodded in return. The doors shut the Doctor began to work his skills.

“Alright. Just turn this up, move this over, and do, whatever the heck this thing does! And we're good!”

From the outside, the TARDIS began to spin and lift into the air. The sound of it taking off filled their ears. It shot off into the air and in a few seconds was out of their sight.

“Aaand, they're gone,” Finished Jack.

***

Inside the TARDIS, each one held on for dear life as the ship rocked and tumbled through time, space, and dimensions. Derpy suddenly found she couldn't grip the rails anymore with her fingers and wrapped her legs around them. There was a slight tearing when she opened her eyes and she saw she had her old gray skin back. Looking around, the Doctor and Twilight had returned to their original forms when suddenly the whole thing stopped.

“Whooves, tail, horn, fur! I'm a Unicorn again!” cried Twilight.

“Ah, I'm going to miss fingers,” the Doctor lamented.

There came a knock at the door, and being the closest, Derpy answered it, and within seconds Dinky tumbled in full of energy and questions. She noticed her mother and was on her feet.

“Mommy! Mommy! What happened?” yelled Dinky as she ran up.

“Once I get a Muffin I'll tell you!”

The two walked out, Dinky jumping around her mother desperate for answers for her curious brain. Derpy knew she would have quite the story to tell her. The Doctor stumbled out followed by Twilight, who was a bit more steady on her feet. As Whooves stood up, she confronted him.

“Next time you decide to transverse dimensions, don't get me involved!”

“Oh Don't worry Twilight! There wont be a next time!”

----

Back on Earth alongside a lone stretch of road; Jack sat in his cruiser. His adventure over, he himself had mixed feelings. On the one hand, he was now immortal and couldn't die, the other, he somewhat sort of wished he could go back and go on another adventure with the Doctor and Derpy, and well, all of them. Sure there was going to be some interesting times ahead thanks to his friends new found powers, it just wouldn't be the same without the Doctor and Derpy. He pointed his radar gun off down the street and laid back waiting for it to go off. Just as he began to drift off into dreamland, he heard it. The familiar whirring of the TARDIS. He shot up, thinking he was just hearing things, but it was growing louder and louder by the second. He looked straight ahead as a light appeared before him, and below it the familiar blue Police box materialized out of thin air. He couldn't believe it, and was shocked when the door opened, and he suddenly saw: Himself! His duplicate was wearing the same Police Uniform, but it seemed a bit more futuristic than usual. His otherself spied him in the Cruiser and threw his palm on his face before shouting back inside.

“Doc! You overshot it! This is way too far back. I remember this! This is about a few hours after you left the first time!”

Present Jack looked on his mouth wide open as a second face appeared with spiky blue hair and large purple glasses poked her head out.

“Wow is that what you looked like in the past! Tavi! You gotta see this! It's all retro and old and classical! You'll love it!” she spoke.

“What the-? Get back in there!” shouted his future self.

“Officer! I fixed it! Get back inside now!” came the Doctors voice.

“Alright.”

His future self was about to walk in when he remembered something and turned to his past/present self.

“Just a note! Roll down that window when you do it, alright? It's going to go everywhere.”

Jack nodded stiffly to his future self as that self stepped back onto the TARDIS and it slowly dematerialized out of space and into the time stream. Jack figured he knew what his future self was talking about as he reached for his pistol.

Alright Folks, this is it. The stories over, and is my tradition, and the tradition of several others, I leave a goodbye and thanks in the form of a authors note at the end of the chapter in Bold. Adds words, but I don't like dedicating whole chapters. Kinda a slap to the face in my view. I also will apologize for the ending being a little rushed, Im on a limit here in my life, and also for Jack being a slight little Gary Stu there and getting Luna..... i regret nothing!

Well, for a novice authors take into the endless sea of Pony-On-Earth stories, I say it went well, even if the beginning was a little rough. I'll admit it, one of those likes was mine that I put to even it out so people would read it. Worked out well I say with two hundred views or so. So, thanks to everyone who read and enjoyed the story. I liked it, and I even learned a little about writing during it. Special thanks to Quick Fix, the ever talented and busy Editor/writer/TWE admin who edited it. Well, I'm done, so thanks for reading this far in, it's been fun and i enjoyed the story.

Comments ( 4 )

lol, i know i would have fun with being a fixed point. xD i would waste money on bullets just to shoot myself in teh head.

1367041 yes and i wish I had more time to go on with it. Sadly, i don't :raritycry:, but I left the door open for a sequel when I do get the chance.

The doctor never got to go see the convention open:fluttercry:

1373592 hmmm, I forgot about that one... my bad :twilightsheepish:

Login or register to comment