• Published 23rd Jul 2012
  • 1,597 Views, 72 Comments

The Lost Pegasus - J8ck78



After trying to help the Doctor get back to his own Dimesnion, Derpy finds herself trapped on Earth

  • ...
5
 72
 1,597

Chapter 12 - Revelations are Magic

“Put it down there,” said Celeste.

The Doctor worked his TARDIS. He was still piloting it manually slowly and gently set it down in the grass outside a large mansion. Whoever owned it certainly had a taste for gardening, and was wealthy. The house itself was three stories high, and larger than most of the buildings in town, let alone Ponyville.

“So who owns this place exactly?” asked Derpy.

“Isn't it obvious? It's Celeste's house!” snapped Dash.

Her tone was spiteful, though it wasn't her fault. There wasn't a word said since the county road. Derpy just nodded and walked off toward the house. Whooves was the last out and turned the invisibility on the TARDIS on as to disguise it from everything else. Stepping inside the large mansion, they all marveled at, quite possibly, the grandest interior decorating they had ever seen. It was almost too fancy for almost a palace. Expensive and fine furniture, crafted wood finishing, glass tables, vases and paintings obviously not of this country. The others were already getting comfortable with the place, but despite their attempts, the tone of mood was the same as back in the TARDIS. Well, at least for most of them it was. The Doctor, while saddened that Jack sacrificed his life, was more or less used to such actions. Right now he wanted answers from one particular person in this mansion. He eyed the eldest woman in the back, dressed in the white and gold dress and confronted her upfront.

“Alright! Talk!” he demanded.

“Excuse me?” answered Celeste.

His angered and demanding tone got him looks from the rest of the group, but he would have no playing games.

“You know what's going on here! You even seem to have Magic! Why is Discord here! What is going on!?”

Celeste looked at the angered Doctor nervously, not knowing what to say.

“Everyone here outside my group, excluding the late Jack were based off ponies from Equestria! You're the embodiment of our leader, Princess Celestia! You know something!”

Celeste was growing more nervous by the second, and the Doctor noticed this. His anger only raised with every second he thought on it.

“This could have been prevented! The lives of those innocent Officers and Jack could have been prevented! Yet you chose to sit and watch!” he declared.

“That's not what happened!” argued Celeste.

“Then what then?!” he yelled.

Celeste looked to him, and then to the rest of them sitting or standing there, their eyes upon her like knives cutting into her. Taking in and letting out a deep breath, she looked at them and spoke.

“What do you want to know?”

“What is Discord doing here? He's supposed to be forever trapped in stone in Canterlot!” asked the Doctor, starting it off.

“And your Discord is in Canterlot, right where you left him.”

“You're telling me that this Discord is a different Discord entirely?”

“Doctor, do you know of parallel dimensions?”

The Doctor eyes went wide at the sound of those words. He didn't even need to speak and she continued.

“The Discord you face is a different one from yours. This one managed to defeat Twilight and her friends long ago.”

“So what? They banished him out of Equestria or something?” came Twilight.

“Yes, that is right!” answered Celeste.

“How?” asked April.

“Celestia and Luna managed to open a portal to another realm of space using their combined powers.”

“So they sent him here?”

“No.” said Celeste in a dark somber tone, “Doing so used all the energy Celestia and Luna had, and they passed away after that battle.”

“Oh my!” said a shocked Reine

“Now, answer me this Doctor, what are you, Twilight, and I'm guessing Ditzy Do doing here?”

“A fluke in time and space. A random anomaly! Don't change the subject.”

Celeste seemed to have a comforting smile, much like Celestia would have when she had a thought or plan. “Maybe not, Doctor. Your presence here might be for a reason,”

The Doctor pondered on this. He never considered that. Was there another force out there acting as well? If so, Who?

“So, let me get this straight!” came Diane who was exasperated through this whole situation, “So Discord drifted through space, found Earth, and somehow another Celestia and Luna put us here to try and stop him?”

“Close. Our doppelgangers come from a separate Celestia who saw him, and instructed a third one to entrap him on this planet with weakened power. A fourth one, sensing his power rising, seeded the essence of herself, her sister Luna, and the Mane 6 on this world to watch over him. I learned this one day from a fifth Celestia who warned me about it a few years back.”

“How many Celestia's are there?” yelled Derpy.

“In short: Infinite.” replied Celeste.

“Parallel Dimensions,” finished the Doctor.

“But wait! Why did he wait so long to strike?” came Dash.

“I'd rather not want to think what would happen,” added Fiona.

“Discord was weakened when he came here. A world governed by laws of physics and not magic. There was nothing to get his power from at a rapid pace. Over the years, he accumulated more and more power until he guessed now was the time to strike.”

“He's going to regret he ever did,” grunted Lou from the corner.

They looked back to see her sitting on a chair, her faced darkened and angry. She didn't even bother to look at them and just brooded in her anger.

“I guess, the question now is what to do?” came April.

“Well, in the show they used the Elements of Harmony!” spoke Diane.

“Yeah, it's not a show,” spoke Derpy.

“Sorry,” apologized Diane.

Dash was the next to speak: “Even if that is how they did it, we never exactly fought Nightmare Moon! What's worse, I don't think there is a old princess castle in the middle of a dark enchanted forest!”

The mood dimmed once again at the futility of using the elements. Or at least, so they thought.

“That's not entirely accurate,” spoke Celeste.

“What? Which part?” inquired Whooves.

“Sister, you don't mean!?” spoke up Lou.

“I mean it,” answered Celeste.

“Sorry to interrupt, but are you telling me there is a Everfree Forest and a Royal Pony sisters castle on Earth?” yelled Twilight.

“Not exactly,” said Celeste walking out of the room for a moment.

“Tara, can I ask you a question?” asked Derpy.

“Yeah.”

“Back in Equestria, Princess Celestia is Twilight's mentor. Is that true here?”

“Kind of. She's president of the local University.”

“President Celeste! It's literally begging you to notice!” cried the Doctor in frustration before he started to beat his head up against the wall repeating over and over, “Why?”

“So, how did you meet her?” continued Derpy.

“Well, I was part of a program and she kind of became my mentor at the University.”

This was met with a cry of aggravation by Whooves.

“I met the rest of my friends through it.”

“And we all became best friends!” cheered Diane.

“More or less,” added Dash cleaning out her ear from Diane's outburst.

“It was right in front of you!” screamed Whooves.

“Doctor, you didn't suspect anything until you met Tara here,” scolded Twilight.

“Yes, but I noticed it beforehand! I certainly would have found out what was up with all this evidence shoved in my face.”

“Celeste's back,” said a cold Lou.

They turned to her as she laid a map on the table. They formed around it to look at it as Celeste finished smoothing it out. It was of a state park, but the map was several years old. Celeste seemed to ignore this fact as she ran her finger on a road to a large house in the center.”

“Here. It's where my sister and I used to live.”

“What happened?” asked a worried Twilight.

“Foreclosure,” smiled Celeste sheepishly.

“Oh,” Twilight responded bemused.

“Ya think the elements are there?” asked April.

“I don't think, I know,” answered Celeste.

“Alright! We go there, get the elements, and smash Discord just like in the show-er, Equestria!” cheered Dash.

“Well, dear, there is one problem with that,” spoke Reine.

“What? Scared of some dust?”

She looked to her brash friend unimpressed with her mocking of her higher standard of living.

“Hilarious. The map here is from the 80's,” she pointed out.

“Afraid of some outdated fashion?” laughed Diane.

“Don't start with me Diane,” threatened Reine through clenched teeth.

“Ah, the 80's. That was a fun time,” chimed in Whooves.

“Yes. That's the only map with that road still marked. The road has since been uprooted and destroyed, but they left the house there as a hiking destination for tourist. They actually say it's haunted.”

“Okay, Plan B! We hike in to the haunted house, get the elements, and smash Discord!” again tried Dash.

“He'll know.”

The words came from Twilight. Unlike all of them, she had actually fought against Discord and knew what he would do. He'd separate them all, turn them against each other. If not that divide and conquer. “We need to distract him. He'll come for us in the forest. Nothing we can do will be able to stop him.”

“Here's an idea, why don't I fly over with the rest of them in my TARDIS, we grab the Elements, and fly back. I can do it in a snap!”

“Ah'm pretty sure if this is Discord, he's planned that out,” spoke April.

“How so?” inquired the Doctor, wondering what she was going on.

“Well, if he knows he's up against the Doctor. Ah'm sure he's got some sort of protection against it,” continued April.

“Well, I guess we'll need a Plan C then,” pondered the Doctor thinking on the subject. “Twilight, your plan is for us to distract him?”

Twilight nodded 'Yes' in answer.

“While my friends and I go to here and get the elements?” added Tara a little nervously.

“We have no choice,” Celeste said with some regret.

“Leaving just us to stop Discord,” Derpy worriedly answered.

“Agreed. Leaving the Doctor, Derpy, Twilight and I to stop him,” said Celeste looking at the rest standing around the table.

“Ooh, I don't know,” responded the Doctor.

They all gave him puzzled looks as he elaborated more on what he was saying: “As much faith I have in the *snicker* Humane 6, sending them out alone is a bad idea.”

“We can handle ourselves thank you!” argued April.

“Yes, but what if we fail? Then you have nothing to protect you against the whims of Discord. The Mane 6 nearly failed, and in this Discord's past, did fail! Twilight, I think you should go with them.”

“Why? I can help with Discord-”

“Yes, but you can help out even more with a wounded Discord. Understand what I'm saying?”

“I understand Doctor. I'll go with them to help.”

“Hey, I know I'm going with the Doctor to go fight Discord, but I have one question.”

“Yes Miss Hooves?” replied the Doctor.

“What about Lou? What's she going to do?”

They all turned back to see her still sitting there. She held something in her fist, and she opened it up, and out flew a dark colored butterfly. They watched it flutter in the air until Lou stood up and faced them.

“I'll distract him,” announced Lou.

Her eyes darker and her demeanor distant and chilled. A rage had built up inside of her and was ready to erupt out. Even with this, Celeste was still concerned for her sister.

“Sister, are you sure you can?”

Lou didn't respond, and grabbed a pole lamp next to her. Looking at it, the lamp began to shake. The windows rattled and before their eyes, the lamp began to glow a violet blue and was engulfed in a dark light. With a flash of blue, it was no longer a lamp. At each end was a long blade, fearsome and terrifying to look at. All looked on shocked at what had just transpired and the realization that Lou had unlocked her power, but not just of Luna. No, she had some Nightmare Moon in there as well.

“I'm only just getting started.”