• Published 23rd Jul 2012
  • 1,594 Views, 72 Comments

The Lost Pegasus - J8ck78



After trying to help the Doctor get back to his own Dimesnion, Derpy finds herself trapped on Earth

  • ...
5
 72
 1,594

Chapter 3 - When in doubt

Jack opened the door of his cruiser as Derpy stepped out. She looked out over the large blocky building before her. There were windows all over the place, some lit, some not. It did not look inviting, but before she could say anything, Jack pushed her a long.

“Come on. We got to be fast!”

“Why?” asked Derpy

“Because me being seen with a naked girl I just pulled out of my cruiser is bad.... Really bad. Lose my job bad!”

“Oh.” realized Derpy and she hurried along

Fortunately, no one saw her and they made it inside Jack's apartment relatively quickly. It was surprisingly empty, only a TV, couch, and a table with a few chairs. This guy didn't have a lot to go with. He himself slid down the door still trying to get in all that what happened in the past hour. He looked over to the still naked Derpy, and covered his eyes, not exactly wanting his past to haunt him like that in any way shape or form.

“Um, do you have any clothes?” asked Derpy upon seeing that

“There's a small dresser in that bedroom! It's full of Lou's clothes.... take some from that.”

“Lou? Who is Lou?”

“My girlfriend! Just hurry up! I'm getting....bad thoughts!”

She hurried in there as jack peeked to see if she was gone. Standing up, he walked over to his computer he stored in his kitchen cabinets and turned it on. After clicking through a few folders, he found the old My Little Pony Archive he kept in the back for nostalgic purposes. Never did he dream that he was going to have to use them in a case like this. Back in the Brony day's, there were hundreds of stories, if not hundreds, thousands, of Pony characters coming to Earth. He always wondered what it would be like for that to happen to him. Be interesting to say the least and so far this experience had been just that: interesting. Good thing he was ending his shift when it happened, for driving around with a naked wall eyed blonde in the back of his cruiser, was as he said earlier, bad. It wasn't helped when she thought herself a Pegasus, whether she was right or not. Bringing up The Last Round Up, the first episode with Derpy speaking. The video started and he paused it to wait for Derpy to come out. He knew Ponies sometimes wore clothes, but that she probably wasn't used to doing it bipedal. He heard a crash from in the bedroom, and fought every urge of his body to go in and help. If there was one thing he learned, never walk in on a half naked woman... even if she was a pony. A minute or two later, Derpy walked out, wearing a simple gray T-shirt, and a faded pair of jeans.

“You good?”

“Kind of.” she said rubbing her back, “What happened to my wings?” she asked

“Hell if I know. Here, watch this.”

He turned the computer around and pressed play. Derpy looked on with curiosity as suddenly, the image of Applejack was suddenly running through the obstacle course on her farm. Curiosity turned to minor horror as she realized that he was right, that her entire world, was a TV show in this dimension. Still, nothing could prepare her for what happened after the opening title.

“I just don't know what went wrong!” came Derpy on the small computer screen

The real Derpy screamed in fear and fell back on her rear as suddenly she saw herself jumping up and down on a thunder cloud.

“H-h-how is this possible.”

“Ah...Dimensions I guess.” said Jack

She looked to Jack wanting more answers, but it soon became apparent that he was as clueless to the situation as she was. The show continued on as Derpy caused a few more problems for Rainbow Dash. She went a little red in the face when she remembered that day, which included destroying town hall. She laughed a little when she cheered for Applejack, but it soon died away as the shock and confusion returned to her over what exactly she was watching. Jack finally paused it seeing the emotional state she was in as Derpy recalled the events of that day

“That took them forever to fix. It was kind of funny.”

“Really?” asked Jack intrigued

“Rainbow never let me help out in construction again. And anywhere around her for a few weeks. That was a good day.”

"You want me to continue it?" asked Jack

Derpy thought on it, and her curiosity was more than her fear of what it was. With a nod yes Jack pressed the play button. As the video continued on, they sat in relative silence, aside from the small bouts of laugh when Pinkie or some other pony did something funny. When it was finally over, Derpy saw the beginning of the end credits.

“Who is that?” she asked seeing the name of the creator

“Who is who?”

“That Lauren Faust. Who is she?”

“She's the , ahem, creator of this show.”

“Creator? You mean she created Equestria?”

“In a sense, yes. I wouldn't think on it, probably hurt the mind.”

“Is, is, is there more?”

“Eight seasons, two TV Movies, and one glorious Full Length Film. Yeah, there's more.”

“Can, can, can I see them?”

“Here.” said Jack spinning around his computer and bringing up the file where he kept all the episodes, “take your pick.”

Derpy looked to all the files, and didn't even know where to begin. Jack just shrugged and walked away needing to use the bathroom.

----

Out behind Twilight's Library, Whooves worked like mad around what seemed to be a pile of useless junk and spare parts. Taking pieces and using his Sonic Screw Driver on them before moving on to something else, looking at it would make a person question whether the Doctors sanity was still about him. His constant mumbling of the situation didn't seem to help the few Ponies passing by, but he ignored all of them. Twilight herself noticed this as she walked up holding a barrel full of tools and other stuff from Apple Acres. She set it down next to him and he instantly went rummaging through it. Twilight sat and watched with curiosity at how he went around trying to build a TARDIS from scratch, and it bugged her so.

“How exactly do you go about building a TARDIS using pieces of Applejack's farm equipment, parts of the Flim Flam brothers Super speedy machine, and scales from Spikes back?” asked Twilight

“Trust me Twilight, I've had a lot of time to think about this one.”

“How much time?”

“Seven years.”

“Wait, you've been planning this for seven years?” asked Twilight

“Yep!”

“Did you plan for this?”

“Nope!”

“So then how did you?”

“Remember when I said I fell out of the TARDIS?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, somehow, despite the fact it wasn't traveling through the Time Vortex, it was still traveling backwards in time.”

“How is that possible?”

“I don't know. I stopped questioning it after two years.” said Whooves as he used his Sonic Screw driver to fuse to pieces of metal together

“So, you fell out, seven years in the past?”

“Yep!” he responded attaching a shovel to a barrel

“Why didn't you stop yourself?”

“Paradoxes. It pained me to know Derpy was going to be trapped in another Dimension, but it needed to happen lest the whole town of Ponyville would have been set upon by horrific creatures.”

“So, what did you do?”

“I roamed the background, sometimes accidentally showing up in the same place as my normal time counterpart! Fortunately I never noticed.”

“Okay, so we build you a new TARDIS, then go through this Dimension barrier, and end up on the other side.”

“In a nutshell yes. There is just one complication. Can you hand me that barrel?”

“Sure.” said Twilight levitating the barrel over to him, “Wait, what complication?”

“Well, building a TARDIS that can fly is one thing. Going a few years into the future and the past, child's play. Making a TARDIS that can protect us as we travel a couple thousand years into the future, now that's hard.”

“What!?”

“I know right?” he said putting two gears on a gardening hoe, “It's almost down right impossible!”

“Impossible!? Why do we have to go that far!?”

“Well, how else are we going to get through to the other dimension?” he asked like it was obvious

“Going through the one a few years back might help!”

“We can't do that.” said Whooves pulling out a rake

“Why not?” asked Twilight

“I thought I already explained it to you!”

“You explained something about finger printing on dimensions. All I know is they have to come close in some sort of frequency for travel between the two to happen.”

“Exactly!” he replied screwing two planks of wood together with his Screwdriver

“So, why can't we go through seven years in the past?”

“Well, if my theory on the subject is correct, then think Inter-Dimensional travel as a two way street. Then think the only way to cross it is for something of the exact make and build up to be crossing at the same time!”

“Okay, so we can't cross over at that point in time because?”

“Because something is blocking the street! In a sense.” he said, thinking on it for a moment “It's a two lane road, not a four lane.”

“So, by you originally crossing over, and Derpy crossing over, it's blocking the pathway?”

“Yep!” answered Whooves slamming a hammer on a sheet of metal

“So, by going into the future, we'll cross over when you and Derpy are coming back?”

“Exactly! Simple right?”

“Yeah, but one problem.” said Twilight

“What?”

“If you go over, and you bring Derpy back, you'll only have one life going over, and two back. Wouldn't that cause a problem?”

“Of course not! That's what I have you for!” he said cheerfully

“Huh?” asked Twilight, “Excuse me?”

“Well, I need another life form on board, so I'll just bring you.”

“Yeah, but that's two going over, and three coming back.” said Twilight

Whooves stopped what he was doing as he struck the piece of metal with his hammer, The tool bounced off and went sailing across the sky and into bowl of someponies soup. They looked at him angrily, to which Twilight apologetically waved her hoof back. Whooves meanwhile sank his head low in almost bitter defeat.

“Oh, I didn't even think of that! What do I do now?”

“I'm sorry Doctor. I wish I could help.” said Twilight trying to comfort him

“I know my dear, but I didn't even-wait a minute! You can help!”

“Huh?”

Whooves didn't respond and ran over to the flower shop nearby. A few seconds later he ran out holding a Rose in a pot.

“Here we go!”

He said it in front of Twilight proud of himself for his quick thinking. Twilight, however, was far from amazed.

“A plant? How is that going to help?”

“Third life form!”

She looked at him for a second, and face hoofed. Whooves himself just laughed and went back to working on creating his TARDIS.

“Why not bring the plant and leave me here?” asked Twilight

“Where's the fun in that!? Besides, having a Unicorn around on Earth will actually be beneficial.”

“Aren't humans Bipedal Apes who think Unicorns are a myth?”

“Yes, but crossing the Dimensional barrier will cause you to transform into looking like the closest being around.”

“So, if what you're telling me is true, Depry is now a TARDIS?”

“No, no, no, no!” laughed the Time Lord, “My TARDIS is so full of particles of myself from when I regenerated that the closest thing around her was me. In retrospect, she's actually a Time Lord! almost!”

“So, I get to be a Time Lord!?” asked Twilight happily

“No, you get to be a Unicorn that looks like a Time Lord. I'll have to keep a few fail safe's off so that you'll keep your horn and powers, but other than that, sorry.”

“No, it's okay.”

“You're going to want to put some clothes on. Dimensions don't generate those.”

“Didn't you arrive here in Ponyville without any clothes on?” asked Twilight

“Yes, why do you ask?”

Twilight looked to him as the answer was obvious.

“I can go around my own TARDIS with or without clothes thank you! It's my TARDIS!”

“Fine, I'll go find some of my old clothes.”

“Right then! Where did that rake get to?”