• Published 4th Jan 2018
  • 861 Views, 2 Comments

Thief of Redemption - One Tin Soldier



After an ancient deity takes interest in Equus, a strange creature is found in Equestria. Nobody, not even the creature itself knows why, and its arrival stirs up, well, everything.

  • ...
4
 2
 861

Chapter 7- The Woes of Adventure

Root flew through the storm, dodging dark clouds on either side, lightning cracked the sky right in front of him and he had to stop and twist to the left to avoid it, though he could still feel its raw power. He continued down the corridor of clouds, the rain pouring down around him. Then the clouds shifted and he dived down, his wings skimming the condensated water on either side.

Root burst through the cloud barrier and hurtled toward the ground. He pulled up before he got too close and used the momentum to glide through the air toward the Everfree Forest. The thing was massive and was supposedly growing larger. Ponies had warned him not to go in, but there were too many leads about a relic of the Taurus Empire that might give him some clue of how to find Jahg or Magnus. If there was any way he could find either of them, or some link in between, he had to go for it.

Root was now above the canopy a good ways in, and he dived down to see what would meet him.

<:---.'.---:>

Fuddgy howled with laughter and clonked his tankard against his companion's head. Slifter cackled and smacked it away, sending beer all over the place. Fuddgy and Slifter froze and looked at the liquid starting to stain their fur. Then they erupted into laughter again, not even bothering to help me tend the fire. I sighed.

I'd found these two wandering through some woods North of the marsh, and they just happened to be heading in the same direction I was. I didn't realize they'd be so weird. And pathetic. We'd traveled North some more before settling down for the night. And their packs seemed to contain infinite space inside them, like some crazy cartoon. I had no idea how they fit sleeping bags, a nightstand lamp(they had nowhere to plug it into, either), dishes, silverware, a massive hunk of meat(it was surprisingly good), some sort of potato salad, and a large keg of beer. What on earth?

Now the moon was getting mighty high and the two just wouldn't shut up. They didn't notice as I grabbed one of their tankards and doused the fire using water from the nearby stream. I curled up in the sleeping bag they had kindly given me and tried to block out their raucous tantrum.

<:---.'.---:>

When I awoke, I found myself sleeping with my face right next to a log. Funny, I didn't remember that. I rolled over and saw the two ponies sleeping in weird positions. Right. I got up and bonked my head on the ceiling. What!?

I had to stoop down, for all around us was a small structure built of logs with a way too low ceiling. What the heck!

I crawled over to the unicorns and smacked them awake. "Which one of you did this?" I demanded.

They looked around and snorted, giggling to themselves. Oh great.

"We didn't do it."

"Right... well then WHO DID??"

They looked around again and shrugged. "We don't know."

"Arghh." I crawled back to my side and started banging on the logs. "LET US OUT!" I yelled.

Then I noticed that some of the logs, no, most of the logs were singed in places. This was... really weird.

Sigh...

"Well!?" I shouted to the unicorns. "Use your magic or something!"

Oooo.

This is where it ends.

How interesting.

In case you are wondering, this was an experiment. I took a story I'm writing and tried converting it to the MLP universe, for a secret reason.

Also, this is a REAL story, which will be published in due time. It's called Thief of Redemption. It is a trilogy, and part of something much larger.

Follow Time's Grave to far greater places.

I thank you for reading this far. It must have been fairly bad reading this unedited, ported mess of a story. Good job.

To the few that have read this, or perhaps many more, I offer you a secret, in my Dragon cypher.

Owsby.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment