• Published 4th Jan 2018
  • 861 Views, 2 Comments

Thief of Redemption - One Tin Soldier



After an ancient deity takes interest in Equus, a strange creature is found in Equestria. Nobody, not even the creature itself knows why, and its arrival stirs up, well, everything.

  • ...
4
 2
 861

Chapter 4 1/2

Remember what Coris said back there, on the boat? He talked about colors.

He's right, to some degree. Colors are indeed very important. So when colors get mixed, as in the eyes of Time's Grave, for example, things tend to... get messy.

The color blue, especially in an eye, means quite a lot. And the color green, especially in an eye, means quite a lot.

White for light. Black for darkness. Red for trickery. Simple things like that.

But then you get into things like orange for order, and blue for chaos. Grey for evil, gold for good. Green for peace, green for pain, green for love.

But just because something happens to be the color of one of these traits, that does not mean that something is indeed a catalyst of it.

Time's Grave's eyes, for example, mean nothing of peace, and love, and chaos and the like. They mean something quite different, which will be revealed in due time.

Now, as I look at everything that happens, I find myself swooping around, changing things and adding things and blocking things. I launched this attempt quite blindly, wondering what might happen. If all goes well, as I believe it will, I will have gained a glimmer of what I will need in the far future, when this little game of mine finally does end. I so wonder what that day will be like, when I finally figure out the truth...

Anyway, I have decided to add a new factor to the mix, both helpful to my purpose and destructive toward it, so that the victory will be hard-earned, and not simply handed over in meekness.

--{Perhaps intentionally leaked thoughts of "Malevolence", regarding colors and a game}--