• Published 11th Dec 2017
  • 9,469 Views, 426 Comments

The Empath and the Sociopath - Justice3442



Sunset moves into her new duplex, but her roommate seems like she's a bit on the 'strange side'. Or more accurately, the 'completely psychotic and probably into all the crimes, all of them', side.

  • ...
22
 426
 9,469

The second time

Sunset sighed as she looked at her laptop screen and twirled a pen in her hand. It’d be tight, and public transit was out of the question, but maybe, just maybe she could do it all tonight… She pushed back from her desk and collected some makeup and a badge that had her picture along next to the name Dr. Daylight Gleam. She placed ‘her’ badge and the makeup a black leather handbag scooped up a clipboard.

Her lab-coat was in the very closed and locked at the moment school. Just her luck, the uniform shop was on the opposite side of town from the medical supply shop and, of course, neither was nearby here or the closest hospital! Money wasn’t so much a problem, but she’d need to keep her driver on hand or it was more waiting for someone to pick her up and time was tight if she wanted to hit places before they were closed. Worse yet, she needed to make herself look a tad older… She could act ‘older than she looked’ well enough, but her face still screamed young adult, and that was hard to swing with someone passing as having a doctorate.

She stepped out into the hallway, half expecting Chrysi to be standing right there with that creepy, scary smile of hers. Seeing it was empty, she quickly made her way to the stairs.

She got halfway down when the unexpected murmur of “In a hurry are we, Sunset?” came up from the top of the stairs.

It took every fiber of Sunset’s being not to drop her things and let out a yelp. Instead, she put back on her friendly smile and looked up. “Just a few last-minute errands!”

Chrysi just nodded. “Well, remember… If you need anything… just ask…”

Sunset chuckled. “Not unless you have a spare lab-coat or doctor’s coat on hand.” Stupid! There was no reason to just hand Chrysi that information.

Chrysi paused for a moment. Her smile fading. “Wait there,” she said calmly.

“Uh… I’m in a hurry…” Sunset said as Chrysi disappeared from view, supposedly returning to her room.

“Oh, just be patient!” Chrysi hissed out as Sunset heard clothes rustling and the odd tinkling. “That is, if you’re hoping for patients of your own~!” Chrysi added in an oddly sultry voice.

Sunset eyes widened. She… She couldn’t… Could she…?

Chrysi appeared back at the top of the stairwell, a crisp, clean, professional-looking white doctor's coat on a hanger in her left hand and a pink, slutty, not-professional-looking-at-all nurse’s outfit in the other, complete with matching lingerie. “Will one of these do?” Chrysi asked with a smile, but a chuffed one rather than a dangerous one.

Sunset couldn’t help but look a little surprised, though at least it wasn’t from fear. She chuckled. “Just the coat, please… The nurse’s outfit looks like it’d be a bit tight.”

“Oh, but it would be so fun to see you try it on!” Chrysi purred.

Sunset let out a good-natured chuckle as she walked up the stairs to collect the coat. “Thanks, Chrysi! You may have saved my night here.” Sunset turned to leave.

“Don’t count on that…”

Sunset took a quick, quiet breath. Chrysi had whispered out the last line so quietly, Sunset had to wonder if the girl even said it at all or if it was the product of an overactive imagination. She opted to continue walking.

“Don’t you want the rest?”

Sunset paused as she heard the sound of metal lightly ‘tinking’ against metal. She turned and there was Chrysi, looking like the cat that caught the canary, except she was holding a stethoscope and forehead mirror.

“Oh, wow!” Sunset uttered in genuine surprise and joy. “Thanks, again! You just save me a bunch of time!” Technically, the forehead mirror was a bit much for what she needed, but it was light enough she could carry it in her purse and not arouse suspicion from Chrysi. She could just tell her she was going to a costume party easily enough… Hopefully, Chrysi wouldn’t try to invite herself and she’d have to have an awkward ‘some-other time’ exchange with the girl.

Chrysi just nodded and smiled. “You’re welcome. Have fun.” She turned.

Sunset frowned. “You’re not going to ask me what I need this for?” Oh, my god! Shut up! Shut up! SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Without turning Chrysi just shook her head. “Not my business,” she said simply. “Oh, on that note.” Chrysi turned to face Sunset once more, an even expression on her face.

Ah… Here it comes… Some ‘stay out of my way’ or ‘keep away from my stuff’… Something for this girl to flaunt whatever power over me she thinks she has over me.

“I’ll stay out of your room unless invited.”

Crud… Sunset thought. I was in such a rush to get this done, I didn’t setup a webcam or anything in there…

Chrysi continued. “Just try not to leave music on too loud or alarms on when you’re going to be away for a few days…” she gave Sunset a serious look. “I’m sensitive to loud noises.”

“Uh… sure?” Sunset replied. Weird… This girl was just… weird.

"Twinkle Shine partied all the time, so much noise." Chrysalis hissed out quietly. She gave Sunset another smile. “So, warn me if you’re going to have your band over for practice, alright?”

Sunset laughed. “I think my place is a little small for all six of us…”

“A shame,” Chrysi said. “I think I’d like to hear you play, sometime…”

Sunset gave Chrysi a genuine smile. “Maybe I’ll invite you to a practice, sometime.”

Chrysi nodded. “I’d like that. Anyhow… Please stay out of my room unless invited. I’ll do the same for you. I mean… that’s just common courtesy.”

“Uh… Of course!” Sunset said.

“Feel free to use the TV or anything downstairs,” Chrysi said. “Just… Make your own accounts or something… You’re certainly better with computers than I am.”

Sunset fought to keep her smile on her face. Was that a hint that Chrysi knew more than she was letting on…? Or just dumb luck.

“Oh, I shouldn’t keep you,” Chrysi said. She turned again. “See you later, friend…” of course, Chrysi somehow made that last word sound menacing. With that, she disappeared into her dark, quiet room once more.

Sunset turned and made it the rest of the way down the stairs. It was quite possible Chrysi was far less dangerous than she thought…

…and it was also very likely that she was much, much worse than she dared dream.