• Published 20th Jul 2012
  • 2,007 Views, 0 Comments

Sins of Equestria - Dr.Shiny



A Diablo crossover, where the truth may break the bonds of friends

  • ...
3
 0
 2,007

Canterlot has changed

Twilight was released from the hospital in the morning. She walked back to her house to grab some of her stuff to pack for the trip. Then she went to the train station, bought a ticker, and waited for her train to arrive for boarding. She fiddled with the necklace as she waited. Is this thing really talking to me? I don't think so. However, the nightmare I had a couple days ago felt very real. Are there forces beyond everypony's control? Or have I truly gone crazy.Then her train arrived and the passengers exited the train. Twilight boarded the train. She found a seat by the window, and stared at the countryside. It's grassy fields, few trees standing tall, and flowers blooming. Maybe some time with the Princess will heal me.The train engine started, and away it went. The conductor came down the isles asking for tickets. Twilight showed him hers and he punched it. After he went down the car, he went to the front of and got on the intercom. He told everypony that it will be about a four hour train ride to Canterlot. Twilight looked out the window once again, and took a nap.

"Twilight."said a voice.

Twilight lifted her head, slowly opened her eyes. The voice called for her again, "Twilight". When she fully opened her eyes, she saw it was dark outside. She looked around her and there was nopony around. The train was full when she got on. It was about ten in the morning when she boarded. She called out to see if there was a pony around. She walked towards the front of the car, she passed a seat, and the voice called for her again. She looked behind her and saw a hooded stranger. It wore a black robe that completely covered it. It's face was also covered. It rose from the seat and walked toward the back of the car. Twilight was stunned, it walked on two legs? She has never seen anything that walked on two legs that wasn't a dragon. She asked the stranger, "Are you some kind of dragon?"

The stranger stopped, turned to her, and slowly walked towards her. As the figure got larger, and larger, Twilight began to feel a shiver down her spine. It stopped in front of her. In a calm voice it said, " No I am not a dragon nor am I of this world. You on the other hand, seem to be of two."

"Two what?" asked Twilight.

"In you city of Canterlot, you will find out about your past." said the stranger.

"I do know my past, I was born in Canterlot, I went to school at Celestia's School for the Gifted Unicorns, after that I was sent to Ponyville." exclaimed Twilight.

"Revelations will come soon." said the stranger.

Twilight walked closer to him,"What will be revealed? What are you hiding? Most of all who are you!?"

"I need your cooperation in order to do that."

"If I can get some answers, I'll do anything."

The stranger lifted one of the sleeves, and touched Twilight's horn. Twilight felt a sting on the back of her neck. Next came a pain so intense she fell to the floor, and laid in a kind of hypnosis state."Mortal, you have been told many lies. Some may damage your relationships with all you know. I will help you restore your memories, but I will need time as your mind has been tampered with by a strong force. It is very powerful. After your memories have been restored, you will become my servant for eternity. It is only a fair trade for the truth. Your mind will not remember anything that has happened now. I believe that you have your princess to go see."

Twilight awoke from her sleep. The conductor said on the intercom that they have reached Canterlot. Twilight quickly got up and exited from the car. When she looked at Canterlot, she notice some huge changes since the royal wedding. There are several large gates, more guards, and lines of ponies going through a checkpoint. Their bags are being looked though, they have state their business in Canterlot. Gee I remembered when anypony could just go into Canterlot no questions asked,thought Twilight. She walked toward the line for the checkpoint, when she was approached by a tall, brown mane stallion.

"Who are you?" asked Twilight/

"I am Major Copperleg, current commanding officer of Canterlot customs. What is your business here?" the stallion stated.

"I am Twilight Sparkle. I'm here on the request of Princess Celestia." replied Twilight.

Major Copperleg snorted, "The Princess you say, well can you show me proof."

Twilight turned around and looked for the letter the Princess sent her. Major Copperleg stared at her. He soon licked his lips at the sight he saw. Her rear end moving around as she's looking though the bags. His mind soon began thinking of the one thing all stallions want. He hatched a plan. Say she has to come with him to his office, he would pretend like he is doing some official work, then lock his office, overpower her, then begin dominating her. It was an easy in-out plan. Then he could just send her away saying he was denied entrance, or kill her. Nopony would ever know.

"Here I found my letter from her." said Twilight.

The Major examined it, and then told her,"I'm sorry that is not sufficient enough, you will have to come with me to my office."

"But..."

"I'm just making sure I do my job right. Now come with me."

Then a voice shouted, "NO SHE'S COMING WITH ME."

The Major looked around and said,"Who's authority?"

A blue maned stallion in purple armor walked towards them, " On authority of the Captain of the Royal Guard, current co-ruler of the Crystal Empire, and her brother."

"SHINING ARMOR!!!" yelled Twilight. She ran over to her brother. She gave him a hug, and told him, " I've missed you so much!"

"I miss you too sis, hey I'll take you up to the palace." said Shinning Armor," Plus I'll get you past this ridiculous security."

The Major grunted as the two walked away. "I'll get you somehow." said Major Copperleg under his breath, "Somehow."

----------------

Shining Armor took his little sister to the palace. The palace stood tall above all the changes that have happened in Canterlot. It was the one place Twilight could recognize. They entered the palace doors, and were greeted by the maids of the palace. Shining Armor ordered them to take Twilight's bags over to the guest bedroom. He walked Twilight out to their garden. The garden was full of life. Trees that grew all sorts of fruits, flowers of many colors. Bird houses scattered all around, as many flew around the oasis of beauty. In the center of the garden was a table, and there sat an alicorn enjoying her tea.

"Ahh, my wonderful husband and my sister in law." said the alicorn.

"Cadence, it's sooo good to see you again." said Twilight in joy. She ran over to the table, and took a seat. Then Shining Armor sat next to his wife.

"It's been a long time Twilight. How have you been?" asked Cadence sipping her tea.

"Well if you should know. I have still been learning about the magic of friendship. There's been some good times, like when Fluttershy and Applejack tried to herd some cows. Then Rainbow Dash tired to get Spike to toughen up and they did a boxing match against Pinkie Pie. Spike lost." said Twilight.

"When did you get that mark on your neck?" asked Cadence.

"What mark?" asked Twilight.

Shining Armor walked over to her and raised her mane up, Cadence held up a small mirror, and there it was a black mark.

Twilight said,"That must be a burn mark."

"A rather unusual burn mark. Almost looks like a tattoo." said Shining Armor putting down her hair.

"You know I would never get a tattoo," said Twilight, " I have a few questions about the changes here in Canterlot though."

Cadence let out a slight sign,"Yes, much here in Canterlot has changed. One of our generals, General Amani, has been demanding more and more control of security here in Canterlot. We've already allowed him to set up customs checkpoints at the entrance of the city. Also he has built a fortress in front of Canterlot for anypony traveling on foot to go through. He wanted to do the same for the railway, but it would have been far too expensive. Celestia hasn't been herself lately. I'm worried about my aunt."

"Times have only been getting harder on us. The military has been rallying behind Amani, and even some of the guard has been seeing him as the true protector of Canterlot. The threats from the south of an attack haven't been good for us either." said Shining Armor.

"Have you guys tired starting a family?" asked Twilight.

"With all that's been going on around here Twilight, I don't see that happening for a while." replied Shining Armor, "Hopefully we can start when all this political nonsense is done. I'd let the southern kingdom separate from us if it meant that we could settle down. If they want to be off on their own, then so be it."

----------------

Later that night, the citizens of Ponyville all ran outside to see a spectacle.

"Look at the falling star!" yelled one citizen. They all stood there amazed by the star. It shined brightly through the night. It flew over the Everfree forest and into the high mountains. As fast as it came by, the star was gone.

At the crater of the falling star, stood a figure. The figure made an giant hole on the ground. It rose slowly, and then it stretched out it's wings, and flew out of the crater up to the peak of the mountain. Looking across the land the figure said to itself, "I have arrived."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment