• Published 14th Nov 2017
  • 401 Views, 5 Comments

The Last Element - Kiarla



An Element of Friendship is missing and Twilight doesn't have the answers!

  • ...
 5
 401

Guilty as Dreamt - Part 2

"They're GONE!" Every thought and concern left her mind. A chill ran down her spine. The fur on the back of her neck stood on end from the shock.

In the spot where Twilight's wings should have been were shards of bone sticking out of torn flesh, fur and feathers.

Another chill ran down Starlight's back as she processed this ugly, horrendous sight before her. It paralyzed her in her tracks. Suddenly, Twilight spoke.

"Where WERE you?!" Twilight quickly shoved her bloodshot eyes and tear-stained muzzle in Starlight's face. Her voice was hoarse and breaking from screaming and crying in pain.

Starlight shrank back several steps away from her now earthbound mentor. But Twilight limped heavily toward her, the pain numbed from deep rage. Starlight blinked, speechless and confused by Twilight's tone.

"In the library! Or did you forget again?!" The heavily injured Princess spat.

"W-what?" Starlight stuttered, still speechless and unbelieving of the situation. She held her right arm across her chest defensively and glanced away in uncertainty. This volatile Twilight looked ready to maim anypony nearby.

"We were supposed to meet in the library after breakfast! Remember the research project? I waited for you! It's been weeks!" Red sparks suddenly started popping and sizzling around Twilight's horn. Starlight quickly took notice of the odd color and the deep glowing fissures in the horn of the battle-hardened leader.

"B-but, I only left this morning!" Starlight hesitated as the sparks grew and continued to fly off Twilight. "I told you I had plans with Trixie! I put it on the calendar months ago, like you asked me to do!" Starlight instinctively leaned toward her teacher as she tried to talk sense into the unreasonable and out of control alicorn.

"Oh, I get it!" Twilight sarcastically exclaimed, "You care more about that liar than the fate of Equestria!" The sharp venom in her voice caught Starlight off guard. She knew Twilight struggled with accepting Starlight's first friendship with Trixie after the Ursa incident.

But this was extreme. Even when Princess Twilight Sparkle lost her temper, she was never this fierce or threatening.

Something wasn't right. But before Starlight had a chance to respond, Twilight's blood red sparks of rage turned into magic and engulfed the princess's body.

"Ahh!" Starlight flinched and fell backward over herself. She scrambled to her hooves, ready to run away from her impending death.

"Oh no you don't!" Twilight yelled hoarsely, eyeing Star's fear. Before Starlight Glimmer could leap out of the way, a blinding red flash and the following shockwave engulfed her. Then everything disappeared and the world went black.

---

Her ears rang in the darkness. She was laying down but her body didn't hurt. Did she escape?

"Starlight!" A familiar, worried voice called out. She was not alone. Other than some songbirds and a crackling fire, this place was quiet.

"Starlight!" The voice echoed in her head again, louder than before.

"Wake up, Starlight!" The impatient voice touched her ear.

Her eyes sprung open to Trixie's frustrated stare. Starlight gasped in surprise and sat up. She was back in Trixie's wagon. It was mostly dark with some yellow light filtering through the curtains. It was late afternoon. The sun was starting to set. Birds were fluttering about looking for food. Somewhere out of sight a fire continued to crackle. Trixie must have stopped for a rest.

Starlight shivered for a moment and pulled the blanket tighter around her, trying to gather her thoughts. Her mind recalled the recent series of events. It was a dream. Just a dream. A very scary dream.

Still standing next to her, Trixie was very concerned. She put a hoof on Starlight's arm in an attempt to show quiet support.

"Nightmare, huh?", she asked quietly. "Want to talk about it?"

Still speechless and anxious, Star felt something on her cheek. She raised a hoof to brush it off. Water? Tears. She was crying. The realization made her eyes well up more. Starlight let out a sob and bear-hugged Trixie.

"Whoa, there! Are you alright?" Trixie gently hugged back, unsure what the fuss was about.

"It was AWFUL!" Starlight whimpered between sobs. She refused to let her best friend go. Starlight was terrified of going back to that empty, painful place.

"I'm right here. Now tell me all about it." Trixie gently smiled in understanding and continued to hug her suffering best friend.

Comments ( 1 )

Good chapter keep up the good work I hope you will be able update again soon

Login or register to comment