• Published 2nd Nov 2017
  • 9,339 Views, 182 Comments

A Kindred Spirit - Autismo555



After losing her friends to "Anon-a-Miss", Sunset Shimmer attempted to freeze herself to death. Then she meets a kindred spirit who takes her in for Christmas.

  • ...
31
 182
 9,339

Chapter III

Morning crept over the entirety of Canterlot City and everywhere outside of its city limits.

Even though the grey winter clouds from high above were brightened by the filter of the morning sunlight, it didn't mean that the day for every middle-schooler and high-schooler in Canterlot High was going any brighter. Everyone was either suspicious of each other, on edge with each other from earlier arguments, or chose today to call in sick for the next few days. The venom that was "Anon-a-Miss" had finally spread around the veins of the high school, starting by sinking their proverbial teeth into six teenage girls and quickly taking the student body within the last few days.

One of those girls was the stubborn and sulking form of Applejack, mulling over yesterday's events as she approached her locker only to find that a few students had once again vandalized it. The front of her locker was littered with sticky notes, some of them scribbled with her nickname written in text or drawn in the form of a smiling cartoon pig face. The extra insult to injury was added when someone wrote "Piggly-Wiggly" on her locker in red marker!

Groaning with a growing sense of frustration, Applejack ripped the sticky notes down, took out her black marker and scribbled the red away. She forced her locker door open, inserted her books, and slammed the locker door shut with gusto.

"A rough start to your morning, Applejack?"

Applejack jumped to the inquiring voice. There, standing just beside her, was the stoic visage of Vice-Principal Luna, leaning up against the lockers, her arms crossed over each other as a symbol of business. Applejack placed her hand over her rapidly beating heart and sighed.

"Vice-Principal Luna. Ah didn't see you there."

Luna broke a little grin. "That's alright, Applejack. I tend to frighten my students just by making a small inquiry. It's a habit that my sister wants me to kick, but you know what they say about old habits."

But Applejack didn't share in the frivolity; not only did she not feel up to it, but she and other students knew that the vice-principal wouldn't casually walk up to them unless she meant business. "This ain't about mah locker, ain't it? Ah swear, Vice-Principal, Ah don't know who did it, but..."

"This isn't about your locker, Applejack," Luna interjected firmly, "rather it is a matter involving the name scribed on your locker. I believe it has something to do with an incident involving your friends and a certain student that suddenly disappeared in the middle of the school day yesterday."

Applejack felt a knot twist in her stomach. She looked away shamefully, not wanting to meet with the vice-principal's eyes.

"Yeah, it does, but Ah don't really wanna talk about it."

"Not here with me," Luna clarified, "but perhaps my sister would like for you to talk about it. She sent me to find you personally."

"Huh!?" Applejack gasped. "B-But, Vice-Principal, Ah've got first period in a few minutes!"

"Don't worry, Applejack, I'll see to it that you are given a written excuse. Your meeting with my sister will also be the perfect excuse to keep you out of the prying eyes and ears of students." Luna placed her hand behind Applejack's back and escorted her to the office. "Come, you know my sister does not like to be kept waiting."

As stubborn and proud as she was, Applejack couldn't really go against the vice-principal's wishes. After all, being vice-principal, she has as much authority to the school as her older sister does! So with great reluctance, Applejack went with Vice-Principal Luna to the principal's office where Luna rapped her knuckles on the glass pane which was immediately followed with a gentle "come in." Luna opened the door up for the cowgirl who stepped inside and stood before the graceful and lenient principal, hearing Luna close the door behind her.

"Please, take a seat, Applejack," Principal Celestia said, gesturing towards the seat on the other side of the desk. "Thank you for coming to see me at this hour."

"In all honesty, Principal Celestia, Ah'm glad that you called me up here," Applejack said, taking her seat. "Ah guess Ah kinda needed the distraction."

Principal Celestia smiled. "That's alright, Applejack. Talking to a friend or an adult about your own problems makes for a good distraction." She then clicked her tongue. "Now, it's come to my attention that you and your friends have been on the receiving end of cyberbullying recently, right? Something about having an old nickname popping up on a social network site?"

"It ain't just me, Principal Celestia. Every student in this school had a secret or two that's swarming around the school like a swarm of fruit flies," Applejack defended herself.

"I see," Celestia nodded in understanding. "Then forgive me for asking you this, but you have noticed the number arguments in this school that have been spiking as of late, yes?"

"Eeyup. Everywhere Ah turn, there's always an argument or a fight happenin' anywhere that ain't a classroom."

"And you have noticed a number of students who failed to show up for school?"

Applejack raised an eyebrow. "Sorry fer askin' ya this, Principal Celestia, but what's this meetin' got to do with anything?"

"Straight to the point then," Celestia said, sighing as she composed herself into her professional listening acumen. "The reason I have called you up here, Applejack, is because it's come to my attention that a student, someone who has a perfect attendance record, passes every class with flying colors, and a part of your rock band has just recently disappeared. Normally, I may overlook an absence or two because they are excused, but after checking the attendance list from yesterday, that student had not shown up for classes for the rest of the day, and that raises a red flag for concern."

Applejack immediately understood the principal's intentions.

"After checking in with her teachers and after overhearing some rumors from other students in the hallways, I have noticed that the student had disappeared right before second period begun, and this coincided with the rumors that you and your friends had an argument with her." Celestia placed her arms on her desk, held her hands together in a professional view, and leaned forward to the cowgirl.

"So all I need to know from you and your friends is that something happened between you, your friends, and Sunset Shimmer that would entice her to skip the rest of the school day with no excused or written absences, and I'd like to know from your point of view what it was."

Applejack looked back to her previous recent sleepovers, the ones she had with her friends and Sunset Shimmer. The mere thought of sharing the story of "Piggly-Wiggly," Rainbow Dash's poor grades in her studious classes, and the group photo of her and her friends from their last sleepover together made it all the easier to think about the outrage that she and her friends felt. It wasn't hard to look on it back then, and it wasn't hard to look on it now.

"It ain't what ya think, principal," Applejack said. "A couple of weekends ago, right before 'Anon-a-Miss' began ta pop up, we had a sleepover at Pinkie Pie's place. Me, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie, and Sunset Shimmer. We were havin' a blast right up until mah sister called up because Granny Smith told her ta check up on me and see if everything is alright. She wished me goodnight and called me 'Piggly-Wiggly,' and then when my friends got all curious-like, Ah told them the story of how Ah got that nickname."

"And that's when you discovered that someone took your personal nickname and spread it across the school, making you the first victim of this cyberbullying," Celestia finished. "I still don't see how this relates to Sunset's disappearance from this school."

"Now hang on, Principal, there's more to it," Applejack interjected. "During our sleepover at Rarity's, Sunset took a group photo of us together. That happened just a few days ago, last Sunday. Yesterday, me and mah friends got a notification on our phones, and it turned out that 'Anon-a-Miss' had gotten ahold of our group photo from Sunset's phone, called us 'dorks' in the caption, and posted it on MyStable for everybody to see."

"I am still struggling what this has to do with your argument, Applejack," Celestia said, genuinely confused.

"Don't ya see, Principal Celestia!? The photo came from Sunset's phone and she never sent it to us in our group text! She was the only in our group who listened in on our secrets! She had her phone with her at the time so she could post those secrets and make laughingstocks out of us! She humiliated us, principal! She was the one behind the 'Anon-a-Miss' accounts! We couldn't move anywhere in the school without the students harassin' us from every direction! We didn't have a choice! We had ta cut off our ties with her for good, but even then, the secrets are still comin' out!"

Principal Celestia attentively listened to Applejack's rant, soaking in every angry word spoken against the missing fiery-haired girl. She had her doubts about the accusation, sure, but being the most generous authority over students in the school district, it was Celestia's duty to give her students the full benefit of it.

"Really?" she only said in response at first. "Then do pray tell, Applejack, why do you think that Sunset Shimmer is the mastermind behind 'Anon-a-Miss?'"

"What more do ya want, Principal Celestia? She was right there with us!" Applejack barked, pounding a fist on the desk, to which Celestia didn't stop her for her need to vent her anger was great. "She was at the sleepover at Pinkie Pie's place with us when we shared out secrets! She was the one who wanted ta know more about mah nickname! She already had some old photos of us saved on her phone that she originally intended ta use ta blackmail us before Princess Twilight came along, but she decided ta post 'em anyways so she would drive me and mah friends apart, like she did before!

"And if that weren't enough, she tried ta act all innocent with those fake crocodile tears and her little sobbing princess act! Ah'm tellin' ya now like Ah should've told you this a long time ago, Principal: she's a bad apple, she's always been a bad apple, and she will always be the most rotten apple in the school! Everything you see happenin' right before our very eyes is because of her!"

Principal Celestia allowed herself to absorb these facts for a moment. She broke it off by clearing her throat and shifting herself forward in her seat. “These are plausible facts, Applejack, but I see only a few problems with your theories. Yes, Sunset Shimmer's presence in your sleepover parties does indeed coincide with the start of 'Anon-a-Miss,' yes, all the evidence does point to Sunset's favor, and yes, you have every right to be angry about it; but there is just one thing that we need to understand."

Applejack groaned, slumping back into the chair she was sitting in. "What's there to understand? Sunset Shimmer is as guilty as sin."

"In the past, maybe, but the thing we need to understand is that Sunset Shimmer has worked hard to earn her redemption in this school. I am sure there are others who don't think so, like the students that she blackmailed, humiliated, and put down emotionally, but even I can see that she wanted to change her ways and had you and your friends to give her some support.

"I've learned from personal experiences that you should not be hasty to jump to the wrong conclusion," Celestia continued. "Sunset's phone did contain some demeaning photos of you and your friends, and she may have kept your secrets hidden somewhere in her notes, but do you actually believe that is was Sunset that started all of this?"

Applejack was hesitant to answer this. "Well... Ah don't wanna believe it. No one else in our group would wanna post our secrets online."

"And yet, you somehow came to the conclusion that Sunset was the prime suspect."

"It ain't just us, ya know! Everyone in this school thinks Sunset's responsible!"

"You are trying to justify yourself by shifting the blame onto the entire school body?"

"Ah ain't tryin' ta justify anything! Everyone else is following 'Anon-a-Miss' to the point where they post their friends' secrets and causing rifts in their relationships! They're usin' some gossiping website that was started by some nobody and turnin' this school into a madhouse! If they aren't directin' their laughter at us, then they're tryin' ta throttle each other by the throats!"

"And do you feel that you've already throttled Sunset by the throat?"

In that one single question, Applejack felt all emotions replaced by surprised.

She wanted to answer... she tried to answer... but she couldn't make the words out.

"Ah... Ah don't..."

"Let me ask you this, Applejack..." Celestia leaned forward to meet her gaze deep into the country girl's eyes. "If Sunset really wanted to betray you girls, then she would have done it after the holidays are over, right? I understand that your grandmother is hosting a Christmas party for you and your friends next week, and she told me that you invited her up to your house. I know how students your age tend to get together and party in celebration of the holidays, but if Sunset really wanted to expose your secrets to the public, then even she would've wanted to wait until the new year to post your embarrassing stories online.

"Do you really think Sunset would risk that for the chance to publicly humiliate the people she called her friends? Or, the better question you should ask yourself is, do you really think that Sunset would throw her redemption and her friendship with you and your friends away just to relapse back into her old tyrannical ways?"

Applejack was about to answer the question the same way Rainbow Dash answered a question similarly told by Fluttershy earlier. She opened her mouth to speak, but still the words came out like she was choking on air. All of these questions caused her to doubt herself now, it was almost impossible to release her breath from her lungs.

Celestia saw this as a window of opportunity to get through to the stubborn cowgirl. "Now I'm going to ask you something, and knowing your honesty streak, I know you will answer it truthfully." Her face transitioned into that of a stone cold demeanor, making it scary clear that she meant business. "What did you and your friends say to Sunset Shimmer that would make her run away from school and possibly not come back?"

Applejack felt a new negative emotion today: guilt. She felt so guilty, she dared not look into Celestia's eyes as she looked down on her knees. In just ten words, she summarized her last fateful meeting with her former friend with, "Only the worst last thing to say to a friend."


Beep... beep... beep...

Hss... hss... hss...

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

Sunset immediately made out what the noises her, and the first thought that came to her head was where she was at.

She was still laying in the comfortable hospital bed, still in the hospital where she last found herself.

She figured it meant that her head was mentally refreshed from that sleep.

Her Celestia knows that she needed it.

She smacked her mouth; her mouth was dry, her tongue was like sandpaper, and her saliva was all foam.

She reached for the nurse call button beside near her pillow and pressed it.

A moment later, a voice was heard from the other side of the speaker.

"Can I help you?"

"Hi, can I have some water, please? I'm as thirsty as a camel," Sunset asked.

"Hang on, I'll send up a nurse or an assistant to send you some water up."

Sunset then turned her gaze up to the ceiling, delving deep into her thoughts.

She was saved from taking her own life by a kind stranger who had a bad history quite similar to her's.

She was getting some good treatment at the hospital.

She slept better than she did for the past week.

The question she would have to face is: now what?

Where would she go from there?

She couldn't go back to Canterlot High; there was nothing for her there, anyway.

Nothing, except for the bad memories that still lingered there.

By now, someone would have sprayed some kind of profane hate message on her locker, and...

Sunset suddenly felt a paralyzing shock course through her system.

Her locker! She left all of her stuff back in her locker!

Her books! Her backpack! Her magical journal!

Her journal! It was the only way to reach out to Princess Twilight!

She had to tell the princess what's happened the last past few days!

What if someone already messed with her books? She couldn't make contact with Twilight without her journal!

While she panicked internally at this, the door to her room opened.

To her surprise, the person who walked in wasn't a nurse or a nurse's assistant. No, it was Thorax, the man who saved her life and forced her to confront her sadness head-on. He came in with a jug of ice-cold water and a plastic cup in both hands, and a smile spread across his lime-green face.

"Good morning. I had the nurse have me bring in the water," Thorax said, showing off the water and the cups.

Sunset shifted in her laying position until she was upright and stretched. "What time is it?"

"It's uh..." Thorax pulled up his sleeve and checked his watch. "... about 8:23 right now. You've been out for nearly eleven hours now."

"Eleven hours?" Sunset parroted for clarification. "Huh. I guess all that crying really did a number on me."

"Hey, you were emotionally exhausted from everything that happened to you. That's nothing a good night's sleep couldn't handle." Thorax poured the water into the cup and handed it out to Sunset. "Here. The nurse told you mouth was as dry as a bone."

Sunset took the cup without question and graciously emptied the clear contents into her mouth. She swished and sloshed the water around in her mouth like she mixing in mouthwash, trying to moisturize her tongue and her salivary glands underneath. With a big gulp, she sent the cool liquid down her throat and handed it back to Thorax, who poured some more of the water into it before she swiped it into her hands again.

"Thank you," Sunset said, taking a big gulp of the water, emptying it by halfway.

"It's no problem," Thorax said. While he watched Sunset drink the rest of the water in the cup, and after refilling it for her, he sighed deeply. "Hey, listen, uh... Sunset, was it? There's something that I want to talk to you about, and I've had to wait until you woke up and until I could talk to you about it so you'd give me an answer. It's about your, uh... current situation, what with you trying to commit suicide and all."

Sunset held the water in her mouth from her last sip as she listened in on what her savior had to say. "After you fell asleep, I talked to Lieutenant Armor about what you told me and he suggested that the hospital would put you on suicide watch just in case you tried to do it again. Now, I didn't argue about it with him because I have been placed under the watch before, and let me tell you, it wasn't fun. So, instead, I asked him if it was perfectly legal for me to gain temporary guardian custody over you until the entire 'Anon-a-Miss' ordeal at your school blows over and the real perps are brought to justice."

Sunset swallowed down her mouthful and looked down into the cup, staring deep into the water inside. "That's... nice of you to do that, Thorax, but I'm not sure if I am ready to go back there, you know? Even if the 'Anon-a-Miss' perps are caught, and I really do hope they go to jail for everything they put me through, I'm not sure if I can look at my... former friends the same way after they dumped me."

"I didn't say that you could go back there now," Thorax said. "If you don't want to go back there anymore, then that's your choice. There's another school nearby that you could transfer to, and it won't turn you down because of your permanent record, but that's also up to you. In the meantime, Lieutenant Armor is going to look into 'Anon-a-Miss' personally, and I'll be looking after you for a while, just until this whole thing blows over. What do you say?"

"But... but I have a place to live back in the city," Sunset protested, "and I have my books and my book bag that I left in my locker."

"I'd like for you to stay home too, but after your suicide attempt, we're not gonna take anymore chances," Thorax insisted the girl. "Lieutenant Armor can grab your things from your school and meet me back at my apartment. He knows where I live, since he also happens to be my parole officer."

"Your parole officer?" Sunset asked.

"Yeah, we meet up once a month at his office so I can report my case."

"I guess that does explain why they know each other," Sunset thought.

"Anyway, you need someone to look after you not because you tried to kill yourself, but because you're lonely," Thorax said, getting back on topic, "and since you've got no one else to turn to, and the holidays are coming up fast, I thought maybe you could use a friend like me. That's why I'm inviting you to my place, because no one deserves to be lonely on Christmas."

That did sound like a good proposal, not to mention that it also brought up a good point.

Sunset had no friends to turn to either, and with the portal to Equestria currently closed, she had no other option.

But with Thorax, though... he's certainly earned her trust. He'd done more for her in a week than friends did in the last six months.

Finally making up her mind, Sunset sighed and smiled at her newfound friend.

"Thorax, you saved me from making a horrible mistake and you never once left my side while I needed someone to talk to," Sunset said, staring into his violet spectacled eyes. "You've done the greatest thing a friend would do for their friend in need, and I can tell that you and I were destined to meet like this. I'll be more than happy to stay at your place for however long this will take."

Thorax's face brightened with a smile. "That's what I wanted to hear."

Thorax looked into the jug and saw that it was already less than half-empty. "Oh. Looks like you're almost out. I'm gonna get some more down the hall and I'll be back soon, so try not to go anywhere."

Sunset raised an eyebrow towards the man. "Was that supposed to make me laugh?"

"Not really. I stink at making jokes," Thorax confessed.

At this, Sunset smiled before she broke out in a small giggle.

Just as Thorax got up, he stopped and turned to the girl. "Oh, and one more thing: the nurses say you're in perfect health now, so you're going to be discharged in my custody later this afternoon. I'll be signing the papers for your release. I thought you'd like to know."

Thorax turned around and walked out. "In the meantime, you just take 'er easy. I'll be back in a second."

With that, the smiling green man walked out of Sunset's room, leaving her alone in her bed but having a gracious smile spread on her face.

"Thank you, Thorax. Thank you for everything."

Having nothing else to do at the moment, Sunset used the remote control on her speaker to turn on the TV in the room and watched the morning news unfold live.


"Why should I talk about her?" Rainbow Dash grumbled. She slumped her body against one of the chair's arms and letting her legs hang down and over the other arms, crossed her arms over each other, and wore a forlorn expression of her azure face. "I don't like talking about friends who stab me in the back. It's like stepping on a rusty nail and getting that disease later."

"You compare thinking about Sunset Shimmer to contracting tetanus?" Principal Celestia asked for clarification. "Isn't that a little harsh, even for you?"

"Well, why shouldn't it?" Rainbow Dash retorted in the form of a question. "I've had a history of so-called 'friends' stabbing me in the back!"

"You are referring to the incident with Gilda Griffon, if I'm not mistaken."

"Yep. You definitely hit the nail on the head on that one, Principal."

"Would you care to elaborate on that?"

Rainbow Dash sighed outwardly, hinting her stress. "She and I used to be the best of friends at Junior Soccer Camp, you know? Just a couple of gals who learned how to play soccer at our age, took down the camp bullies, stuff like that. She and I barely connected with each other for seven years. When she transferred here, and when I really got to see her again, I thought she would've been the same friend I made when I was younger, but then I realized that she just completely changed, and not for the better."

Principal Celestia nodded her head once. "Yes, I have received numerous reports that Gilda was engaging in inappropriate behavior that would've had her suspended from school with the snap of my fingers."

"Yeah, and she made Fluttershy cry just because she bumped into her while she was helping a family of ducks across the yard! To me, that was crossing the line, but I was willing to give her one last chance, so Pinkie Pie and I threw together a party for her in the gymnasium so she could make new friends. We even put together a few harmless pranks just to show that were were only having fun, but she took things way too seriously."

"And how so?"

"She lashed out at Pinkie Pie because she was well-known for pulling pranks on other students. She didn't take the joy buzzer too lightly, she didn't like the punch being spiked with a dab of hot sauce, and don't even get me started on how she reacted to the old "holes-in-the-drinking-cup" gag. She tried to beat up Pinkie Pie because she thought she ruined her leather jacket, but I had to fight her off and tell her that the drinking cup gag was on me! She and I had to break it off then and there, and it hurt to see her go. She was my oldest friend, and the way she treated my friends like that... I couldn't forgive and forget that."

Principal Celestia absorbed the story; she could understand why her student was hurt over the alleged accusations against Sunset.

"So you were hurt because you believed that Sunset used your test scores and your group photo to humiliate you, and so you and your friends left her alone in her tears" she interpreted, "but there is something I need to understand from you, Rainbow Dash: you were willing to give Gilda another chance, despite the behavior she showed towards the other students and your friends. Why weren't you willing to give Sunset Shimmer another chance?"

"Would it have mattered?" Rainbow Dash asked. "We gave Sunset a chance after Princess Twilight asked us to look after her, and look how she repaid us with!"

"Yes, I have seen what she repaid you with. A spot in your band, a helping hand in defeating the Dazzlings, and a contribution to charity and community service."

"What!?" Rainbow Dash almost swiveled herself out of her seat as she jumped from her slumping and sat straight up. "Don't tell me you're falling for her sappy sad act!"

"There is no act in Sunset Shimmer's tears, Rainbow Dash, nor was Applejack's guilt a facade when she had done her wrong. You are as loyal as they come, and that is a commendable trait to have, but it seems to me that given how you have abandoned a friend in need, your loyalty has come into question. You have never left the side of others when they need it, and yet, you were led to believe that your friend would return to her manipulative ways and left her alone in the halls without giving her a chance."

"And how would you know that!? You weren't there when she took our group photo! She's the only one who took that picture!"

"And do you believe that after everything she did for you and your friends, she would upload that photo onto MyStable with a crass caption, knowing that she would risk everything she worked hard to redeem herself just to humiliate you?"

"Of course I do! She was lying in wait like a cheetah, waiting for the chance to pounce on us when our guards were dropped!"

"That was the way the old Sunset Shimmer thought in the past. I am talking about the Sunset Shimmer of today, the same Sunset Shimmer who disappeared yesterday and never showed up for her classes this morning. What does her absence mean to you, Rainbow Dash?"

The tomboy snorted. "That she's off somewhere planning her next move or something. I don't know."

Principal Celestia shook her head, sighing sadly. "No, it means that you and your friends have driven her completely away from this school without taking her book bag and her books with her. Sunset Shimmer would never leave her intellectual supplies behind unless the grief of having her lost her only friends was so great that she abandoned everything she had here and wandered into town."

"Don't you mean back to Princess Twilight? She's only a hop, skip, and a jump away from..."

"Sunset Shimmer never went back to her world."

Rainbow Dash's heart skipped a beat.

"What? What do you mean? I thought Sunset Shimmer could..."

"Her bootprints were found at the base of the statue," Celestia informed firmly. "There was also scuffs in the snow, indicating that she had been kneeling at the base for quite some time before she got back on her feet, turned, and wandered off into town. I don't know where it is that Sunset Shimmer went, but what I do feel is that the bridge between this world and hers is closed. She can never return home."

At this, Rainbow Dash felt something grip her heart like an invisible hand had somehow reached through her chest and grabbed ahold of it with its cold, unfeeling hands. This was the hand of guilt she felt, the weight of her conscience now laid bare before her as she now realized what she had done wrong. She, the most loyal, athletic, and supportive student in Canterlot High had driven Sunset Shimmer, one of her best friends away from the school because she blamed her for something she didn't do! She was much as a victim of "Anon-a-Miss" the rest of the students, and now she can't return to Equestria!

What had she done?

Her friend was gone, and it was thanks in part to her!

Rainbow Dash felt sick to her stomach, but she also felt something heavy build in his chest: anger. Anger at herself for letting this happen, anger towards "Anon-a-Miss" for exposing her secrets and driving the wedge between her and her friends, anger towards the other students who followed them like the bunch of ignoramuses they were! She really felt like slugging the first student who would dare follow her with a sneer on their face.

"I understand you feel angry about this, Rainbow Dash, but violence will not solve your problem," Principal Celestia said, reading closely on Rainbow Dash's body language. "If you really want to resolve your anger, you will have to find a way to make it up to Sunset Shimmer, providing that we can find her first."

Rainbow Dash growled. "Fine, but I really can't make any promises to keep my anger in check with 'Anon-a-Miss.' If I find out who they really are, then I can't be held irresponsible for what I'm about to do to them."

"Even someone like you has to see the flaw behind your logic. If you strike 'Anon-a-Miss' down, you are only encouraging them to do them more harm than good."

"I know." Rainbow Dash tightly clenched her fists. "But it'd make me feel a whole lot better."

Author's Note:

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Hope you are all enjoying your turkey, cranberry sauce, and apple pies!

More to come on the way.