• Published 21st Sep 2017
  • 875 Views, 34 Comments

Friendship is Failure #9: Inherit The Sun - DakariKingMykan



Celestia reveals to Twilight and friends a shocking secret about her that once nearly destroyed the balance of Equestrians

  • ...
67
 34
 875

Act 7: Friendship is Literal?

ACT SEVEN

The next images the friends saw was at the trial the next day, and Drummer still looked as confident as he had before.



The first thing Drummer did was offer an official apology directly to the judge. “I realize that my short-tempered actions yesterday were highly inappropriate and uncalled for. I promise to try and behave and continue only fairly for the rest of this trial… if your honor will accept my apology.”



The judge cleared her throat, “In spite of your attitude, Mr. Drummer. If there is one thing Princess Celestia has taught it is that forgiveness is divine, and virtually all are well deserving of another chance, if they seek it, to which you do… and I abide by those teachings and principles. I accept Mr. Drummer’s apology and hereby withdraw the citation of contempt.”



Drummer nodded in thanks.



“I wish to add upon that.” Shady said as he stood, “I feel and wish to add to the forgiveness towards Mr. Drummer. He has been known to slip up a bit now and then, but perhaps when he returns home to Ponyville, he’ll have returned that much wiser, for as the saying of friendship passes “If thirst is they difficulty, come seek me, and I shall free thee of darkness.”



Drummer acted politely, “I thank you for those kind words, Mr. Shady.” but really, nobody else in the entire courtroom had any idea of what was about to happen… would shock and amaze everyone!





Drummer cleared his throat, “I also wish to withdraw my request for a mistrial, and ask to continue as council for the defense.”



The judge agreed, “If that is truly your wish, I see no reason to do otherwise. You may proceed. But I would wish to inquire as to what has made you change your mind.”



Drummer cleared his throat, “As of yesterday, nearly all my scientific evidence and witnesses were rejected to, being noted as irrelevant in the case. However, your honor, perhaps I can offer another point of view…



Would your honor object to any expert evidence on the subjects of friendship and magic?”



A silence fell as faces in the courtroom turned to expressions of curiosity, and some of astonishment that Drummer would suggest such a thing.



“Does the prosecution object?” asked the judge.



Shady could barely contain himself from bursting out with joy on the thought that his subject was finally being recognized and understood. “Your honor, the prosecution will take no exceptions. If the council of the defense wishes to use the scriptures of friendship and magic, I welcome it with open hooves.”



The crowd cheered for him softly, but quieted down before the judge banged her gavel, and as for Drummer, “I’m very glad you feel that way…” he said, and he announced, “I now call to the stand one of the foremost experts of the bibliography Friendship Magic, and its teachings…



…Mayhew Sunshine Shady.”



Shady was stunned, and the crowds began to chatter in concern. Shady’s attorney was livid, “Your honor, you can’t possibly allow this!”



The judge adjusted her glasses, in her own slight hint of astonishment, “Um… unfortunately there is nothing that prohibits this, seeing as it’s never actually happened before. I have never seen the defense call the prosecuting council as a witness before.



Um… unless Mr. Shady has any objections, the court will support you if you wish to decline.”



Shady only stood with pride and boasted just as proudly, “Your honor, I have no fear or shame of testifying. In fact, I shall not call what I am doing testifying, but rather speaking as I always have: on behalf of the glories teachings of the prophets of friendship and magic.”



With that said, Shady proudly took the stand.





The friends saw it all happening. “He sure seems confident.” said Fluttershy “I don’t see why Mr. Drummer would call him to the stand.”



Twilight, Starlight and Spike on the other hand had a pretty good idea what Drummer was planning, and both Celestia and Luna nodded at them, but urged them all to watch… and learn.





The bailiff didn’t even bother to swear Shady in to oath, feeling he didn’t have to, “I am positive that Mr. Shady will tell the truth.”



“Well, bless you anyway, sir.” commented Shady.





With that, Drummer began to put his plan into action. “Now then, Mr. Shady… am I correct to assume you are a highly-respected authority on the biblical teachings and studies of magic and friendship?”



Shady nodded, “I believe it not boastful but truthful to say that I have studied the arts of magic and friendship as a fine believer, and I have tried to honor and lead my life according to all their glorious precepts.”



“Good for you…” said Drummer, “I suppose you can quote even the earliest teachings of friendship’s history, its lessons, as well as magic and the discovery of its uses and all that?”



“Yes…” replied Shady “there are many historical moments of friendship and many valuable lessons of both it and magic that I have committed to memory.”



Drummer cleared his throat and walked back to the defense table to where he showed several science books. “I don’t suppose you’d familiar with any passages from these books; “Astonishing Astrology…”



“National Geologic…”



Or even my own book; “Nature and Forces Combine?”



Shady’s features hardened, “I have never read those disgraceful pieces, and have no intention to. For I am not the least bit interested in the misguidances they conceal!”



Drummer figured he’d say that. “So you’ll never read them?”



“No, sir… Never! I know that such books are wicked teachings.”



Drummer chuckled, “That is just so hilarious. You’ve never read these books before, yet you claim they are evil? Tell me, where in the wide world of Equestria do you get the nerve to stir up all this boasting… to declare war on such things and subjects you don’t know anything about?



Do you honestly think that the teachings of science and the teaching of friendship are so different that one holds no boundary over the other?”



Shady felt confused, “Would you please rephrase that?”



“Well, I would…” replied Drummer “…But that would mean reading to you from these fine books, and as you yourself have stated, you are not interested, as well as the court having ruled out any evidence from these sources… I’m afraid I cannot.”





The ponies in the court exchanged concerned and confused expressions. How did Drummer expect to hold his ground then if he couldn’t deliver evidence?





“Mr. Drummer?” the Judge asked “I hope you have indeed brought some form of evidence to present and to cross-examine the witness with…”



“I have indeed, your honor…” replied Drummer, and he put the science books down, and took out the book that was given to him the other night.



He took a moment to look back at the crowds and saw Pendulum Swings widow seated in one of the rows, and she gave him a “good-luck” smile.



Drummer then turned back to face his witness, “We’re going to play in your field today, Mr. Shady. We’re going to talk about Friendship and Magic… and with a little help from this book; “The History of Friendship and its Uses”… written by the late Pendulum Swings.”



The crowd broke into chatter, and Shady’s attorney stood, “Objection! Your honor has previously heard of the late Pendulum Swings being a scientist, and that your honor has previously ruled out the submission of all science related topics.”



“Objection overruled!” snapped the Judge “The teachings of friendship and its histories don’t seem irrelevant to the case in the matters. Mr. Drummer, you may proceed.”



Drummer nodded thankfully. “Now then, Mr. Shady… have you ever read this book before?”



Shady examined the book and its title, “I do not believe I have. Mind you; I stated I have committed many teachings and studies of friendship to memories… not all of them.”



“Good, because I would like to test your knowledge on the subject of friendship Do you actually believe that friendship can solve all things, and should be taken as literally as it is taught?”



“I do indeed…” Shady declared “There is no finer mending tool than the gift of friendship, and to bask in the presence and brotherly love of others.”



Drummer opened the book to a passage, “Well, according to this book, about fifty years ago, a fine business pony named Bill Dollar, donated a sum of ten-thousand bits to a local animal shelter.”



The crowd awed at that, and Shady smiled “Well, surely he understood what friendship meant, and was truly well educated by it.”



“On the contrary, Mr. Shady…” Drummer said “It reads here, that Bill Dollar claimed to have had no friends at all.”



The courtroom felt silent, and Shady blinked once in shock.



Drummer then read a quote from Bill Dollar’s section, and it went, “Friendship is nothing but a waste of time to me, as it cuts in to my working lifestyle. Just because I donated to the shelter does not mean that we are friends.”

Drummer then cast a look at Shady, “…What do you make of that? A pony who did something very nice yet felt friendship was a waste of time and effort; what do you think?”





Shady, acting cockier than ever, simply smiled and stated, “I do not believe his attitude made too much of a difference. The fact remains that though he had no friends that did not stop him from his friendly deed in donating the money to the shelter. In the eyes of true friendship, he could still be viewed in high regard.”





At that point, Ma Wool stood from the crowd and called out, “Celestia may bless you, Mayhew Sunshine Shady.”



The crowds added soft cheers, agreeing with her and giving Shady their praise, until the judge ordered silence!



Drummer was far from finished, “While we’re on the subject of friendship, why don’t we dig into magic as well, or do you object to that, Mr. Shady?”



“Sir, I am shocked you would ask me to object to such a subject.” replied Shady.



“Good, because I would like to recollect a story of one of our most traditional and noble celebrations: Hearth’s Warming. Now of course, we all know that story, of the three tribes of ponies being divided up and all that…getting caught in a big blizzard… and so-on, and so-on, the leaders were trapped in a cave and all that… you know what I mean.”



“I know what you mean in spirit, but I fail to understand your question.” said Shady.



Drummer cleared his throat, “Well, it says here that the blizzard that struck across the land only grew worse and worse as the three tribes continued to grow more irate. The more they fought, the greater the storm.



They must’ve been under some strange notion that the weather was somehow linked to their emotions.”





As expected, the entire courtroom, even the judge gasped in such horror.



Even the friends gasped at that!



“And they were!” snapped Shady “Everyone knows it was the Windigos and their ability to feed off the negativity and fighting that brought out the shameful blizzard that covered the lands.”



Drummer smirked, “Correct… it was their magic, Mr. Shady… the very magic of the Windigos that caused the blizzard. The very magic you have come to defend.”



Shady felt slightly stunned, but managed to save himself “I am here to defend that of the good magic, not the dark arts.”



The crowd applauded him for that, and the judge ordered them silent again!



“Yes, I seem to recall a bit of good magic known as “The Fire of Friendship” which was created by the leaders upon being encased in ice, while trapped in a cavern that was freezing.” Drummer then quoted from the book, “A Magic so warm, that it vanquished the evil windigos, ended the fearsome blizzard, and thawed out the lands instantly of all the ice and snow.”

“That is correct.” stated Shady “The power of friendship and the strength of the magic prevailed over the evil that threatened the land.”



Drummer nodded in agreement, “There is just one thing though, and that is natural law.”



“What do you mean?” asked Shady.



“What I mean is the way things occur naturally, regardless of magic.



Have you ever pondered, Mr. Shady, what else would’ve happened to Equestria if the Fire of Friendship made all that ice melt?”



“I have faith in the magic and friendship. The ice and snow melted, and that satisfies me.”



“Good…” Drummer hissed, “Now, I’d like to point another form of magic to you, known as erosion… When ice forms, it eats away at rock forming cracks and expands the point of subsidence.



Now, if what you say actually happened, if The Fire of Friendship did in fact melt all that ice so suddenly, the forming waters would expand the faults in the rock, consequently breaking up the grounds of the land so violently… Earthquakes rocked the land… Mountains collapsed to mounds of pebbles, and the land was basked in a thick layer of moist formed from all the evaporating waters, increasing humid temperatures to the point of suffocation for all life.”



There was a soft bit of concerned chattering coming from the crowds.



“Tell me, Mr. Shady… how come that bit of information is not mentioned in the story of Hearth’s Warming?”



Shady simple snuffed and remarked, “Simple, it isn’t recorded because it never happened.”



“But it HAD to happen, it MUST’VE happened, according to natural law. You believe in magic, why don’t you believe in natural law? Are you saying we should continue to shut it out, and deprive ourselves the knowledge and information that can help us survive?



Most importantly, do you not think that natural law is a magic in its own way?”



“Natural law can be controlled by magic as well.” replied Shady “And that is how we are able to survive today, by going past all these scary things you concoct. We can change it, cancel it, use it as we please… and it still amazes me how much you and all the other upholders of the scientific community refuse to acknowledge that simple fact.”



A silence fell, and everyone else seemed convinced by what Shady had just said, but Drummer was still determined to prove him wrong and read from another passage in the book.



“Now then, here’s a passage that explains the magic properties of ponies.” he quoted from the page “Unicorns are capable of producing magical spells and waves.” He paused and demonstrated by using his magic to juggle several books in midair, earning him applause from the crowd.



“Order!” the judge called, using her own magic to bang her gavel, further proving the point.



Drummer cleared his throat and read from the book again, “And the Pegsai can control the weather, and sit on clouds, while Earth ponies have a connection with nature…



Now, just what is that connection?”



Shady gawked at Drummer and stated, “You of all studiers should know that. They are better gardeners, know how to navigate the lands, they even are able to connect with other forms of animal life.”



Drummer chuckled.



“What’s so funny?”





“Nothing really, it’s just that, you’re a Pegasus, and I’m a Unicorn correct?”



“I am well aware of our species of pony.”



“Good, because it may interest you to know that one of my greatest pastimes is gardening, and as I recall, you yourself give blessings and offering to animal preserves and shelters around the world.”



“I don’t understand what you’re trying to imply.”



“Well, what I’m implying is, there is nothing magical about our hobbies, is it. It’s just as normal as natural as any-pony can do.”



“That is correct.” said Shady “But the Earth Ponies have it specially. Their crops are always finer than ours, and the forests have never been greener, and animals are well tended too.”



Drummer rubbed his eyes slightly, “If I read you correctly, you’re saying that Earth Ponies are always better than us Non-Earth Ponies, because they possess what are not in fact magical-abilities, but in fact normal talents and hobbies developed and pursued by the art of studying and observing… something that in fact ANY PONY can learn to do if they try.”



More chatter was heard amongst the crowds in astonishment. No one had ever bothered to see it like that before… or rather most didn’t.



“Did you ever stop to think that maybe there is no magic in certain things, Mr. Shady?” Drummer asked.



“No sir, although I am quite aware of these things, I believe in the magic of giving and providence by Princess Celestia; and that it is all that the gives us what we are today. It is enough to satisfy me.”



Drummer rolled his eyes, and held in a chuckle, “I can only begin to imagine the state of learning in the world and how things would turn out if every-pony else had your sense of curiosity.”



Shady felt insulted, but didn’t let on, wanting to maintain his cool.



Drummer turned back to the book, “Now this book also shows many events of friendship and its powerful ways. I’d like to recall a very old folktale legend known as “The Mare in the Moon”



It reads on the two Alicorn Sisters, one of them being Princess Celestia of course, and the other known as Nightmare Moon, an evil creature aiming to bring eternal night to the land, and she was banished to the moon by Princess Celestia by harnessing the power of the Elements of Harmony.



Now, the Elements of Harmony; these legendary items…”



“They are not legendary…” protested Shady “Of all known items in the history of the world of Equestria, The Elements of Harmony are considered to be the holiest, most magical items; the very embodiment of all friendship and all magic, used to bring joy and harmony to the world as we know it.”



The crowd applauded him thunderously, and the judge silenced them.



“…Even if that means they are used to fight and destroy?”

Everyone’s expressions turned to shock, “Use your eyes and your mind, Mr. Shady. Celestia used the elements to BANISH Nightmare to the Moon.”







The two sisters, both felt great amounts of inner pain strike their hearts. They never forgot their past and their horrible and reluctant actions that changed them both forever!





Drummer even pointed out, “That doesn’t seem much like harmony to me; using said friendship to fight creatures with, and even still… the land was spared of evil, but the Princess cast her own sister away… meaning they were unable to resolve whatever conflict they had!



Well… does that mean friendship didn’t really succeed? Does it make the power of Harmony any less magical?”





Shady’s attorney felt this had gone on long enough, and protested, “Your honor, what has any of this got to do with the state of Canterlot VS Beckon Rates?”



The judge cleared her throat, “Mr. Drummer, if you have a point to make, I suggest you make it in which to satisfy the court that your evidence has relevance to the case.”



Before Drummer could speak, Shady cut in, “I am more willing to sit here and endure the disrespect and rantings Mr. Drummer has given, as well as his contempt for all that is righteous in the world.”



Drummer angrily pounded the judge’s stand shouting, “I couldn’t object more to your philosophy, Mr. Shady!”



“On what grounds?” asked Shady “Is it possible that something is far more valuable, more holy than the arts of friendship and magic?”



“Yes!” sneered Drummer “The individual mind! The ability to observe, study, and understand…! Just asking a simple question, or the curiosity of how the world around you works, has more comfort and sanctity than all your philosophies prophets combined!



An Idea… a thought… a theory-- these things are what truly provide us with the progress needed to shape our lives and our communities. Without all this we’d still be as primitive as our ancestors of ancient times… but here we stand now. Are we to forgo all of this progress because Mr. Shady now frightens us with clichéd fables and falsehoods?”



Drummer placed down the book and turned to address the jury, “Ladies and gentle-ponies, I submit to you… life may be a precious gift and all that, but it isn’t some magical deal and progress… Progress has never been a bargain; you have to pay for it! Everything comes with a price, and you can’t expect Friendship and Magic to bail you out of it.



-What did you pay for those groceries with? It was money, not friendship.



-How did you even earn that money? You worked for it; it wasn’t just handed to you in some act of kindness.



Or what about natural changes…? They too come with their prices.





-You may grow from a colt or a filly, but at a price: You lose more than half the freedom of active and enjoyable life style, under the obligation to work for a living and support.



-You may choose to move away to another town and make a fresh start, but you lose all that you had from your previous conditions, and quite possibly your friends too.



-You may use wood to create fire, but in doing so, the trees will be cut down, and the animal life could face endangerment.”





A lot of ponies, even those on Shady’s side began to realize the truth in all of Drummer’s words, though many still remained unconvinced, they couldn’t find words in which to speak.





“You see what I mean?” Drummer asked out loud, “Science… Discovery… these things are here to help elevate us to new heights in which we can look back from which we came, and progress for the future… but for this insight and for this knowledge…



…We must abandon and rid ourselves of our faith in all these one-sided pleasantries and teachings of friendship!”



“WE MUST NOT LOSE FAITH!!” shouted Shady “Without our faith, we’ll be no different than the Neanderthals we are descended from!”



Drummer marched straight over to him on the stand and shouted, “Then why were we ALL gifted with the power to think, Mr. Shady? If we were all intended to be as you said-- just basking in the glories of friendship and harmony-- why bother give us the audacity and the power to be idealistic?



The power of our brains to reason is, what I would consider, the most magical merit that we have, Mr. Shady. It is these things that separate us, and which elevate us above other forms of animal life that have been gifted with brain power, but fail to use it…



Don’t you believe, Mr. Shady, that every living creature should be gifted with the power to think?”



Shady was finding it harder to argue and keep up his defenses, as well as maintain his cool, “All living beings with a brain are gifted with a power, and if they wish to use it… so be it!”



Drummer nodded and then marched right over to Rates, “This pony… wishes to be appointed that privilege! He wishes to study… he wishes to understand… he wishes to learn… AND HE WISHES TO THINK!!”



Truly inspired by Drummer’s outburst, the crowds gave him the most thunderous of applause given all through the trial. The friends cheered and whistled for him, even though they couldn’t be heard, and even the judge found a moment to applaud for him before silencing everyone again.



Shady could only protest, “What he’s doing isn’t thinking! It is delusional! It’s blasphemous and inappropriate!!”



“Unfortunately, we do not all share your unique knowledge of what is right and wrong, sir.” replied Drummer.



Shady gnashed his teeth softly!



“I have one final challenge for you, Mr. Shady.” Drummer said as he reached into his briefcase, and held out an odd pair of spectacles; the very ones Rates had invented when he discovered Celestia’s secret!



“Mr. Shady… do you believe, in all your truths and honesty, that Princess Celestia is capable of raising and setting the sun, and even capable of changing its position?”



“Of course!” snapped Shady “I’ve seen her do it, we’ve all seen her do it, and that is why I scoff at those who disrespect the power of our Princess.”



Drummer held up the spectacles, “This device was invented by Dr. Rates, enchanted with a slight hint of magic, which allows the wearer to see through illusions created by magic, in which he used to prove conclusively that Princess Celestia cannot in fact raise the sun, but rather the sun raises by itself, and that the Princess merely absorbs energy from its light as her source of power, and when that happens, a side effect of her magic, combined with the sun rays lead us all to believe and actually see the sun moving at her command.



…I must say, that’s a very unusual trick.”



“It is no trick, sir. It is that horrible invention that has you tricked, and giving you some false bit of information. What you see through those eye-pieces cannot possibly be the truth.”



“Well, now that’s just your own opinion of things.”



“Oh it’s not opinion, it’s a literal fact. Machines and devices often develop faults, preferably these newfangled inventions. So it cannot be held in literal truth.”



Drummer paused and gawked straight at Shady, “You know there also goes an old saying, “Things are not always as they seem.” or “You can’t always believe in what you see?”



“Tell, Mr. Shady, have your eyes ever deceived you before? Have seen things before your eyes that no one else could in the form of a mirage?”



Shady tried and he tried, but he couldn’t seem to come up with a legitimate answer, “I don’t know.”



“No thought whatsoever, eh?”



“I do not think of things… I… do not think about!”



“Do you ever think about things that you DO think about!” sneered Drummer “Isn’t it possible for us to misjudge what we see with our own eyes, is it possible to be mistaken? No-Pony is perfect after all…



It’s also possible to wonder and question things as well. If the princess was truly able to change the position of the sun, wouldn’t that include some kind of impression that the Sun moves around our world… when factually speaking, it is our world that goes around the sun.



The sun is a very large object, and very far from us as well Mr. Shady. Surely the magic of one pony, no matter how powerful, or glorious can possibly move it.



Even still, even you cannot deny it is not the sun itself that causes the flow day and night, but rather our world spinning on its own axis, which also gives off the illusion of the sun and moon moving in the sky!”



“I mean to state, that faith should not be questioned!” snapped Shady, but by this time, even he became aware that his case was plummeting downhill and he was losing the argument.



“Oh, it shouldn’t be questioned?”



“No, it shouldn’t!”



“Well we aren’t questioning faith; we are implying the possibilities of a supposed trick on our hands!



Suppose the Princess really did have the power to move the sun. It’s swelter hot in the summer time… why does she not move it further back to cool us down? Or in the winter, when it is unbelievably cold, why not bring the sun closer to warm things up a bit?



Then again, it’s probably best she didn’t anyway, because if she actually DID change the position of the sun, would that not upset the gravitational force of our planet? Would it not either crash into the sun, or fly off into the cosmos and freeze to eternal doom if that were to happen to it?!”





Shady’s attorney shouted out from his seat, “This has gone far enough! I demand to know the purpose of your questioning, sir… what are you trying to do?!”





The judge ordered the attorney to be seated, while Shady sneered, “I’ll tell you what he’s doing; he’s trying to mess us all up… trying to destroy our faith in Celestia… and in magic. He wishes us to believe that friendship is a horrible thing!”



Drummer glared furiously at him, “That is a lie! I am attempting no such thing, and you know it well!



Friendship, Magic, Harmony… these are ways of life. They may be glorious, and wonderful, but they are not the only ways to get through. They are not requirements, or actual necessities in making things happen!”



“They are best things that can happen to anyone!” Shady cut in “They should not be defied, and these are the wishes of Princess Celestia!”



“How do you know that Princess Celestia didn’t approve of the arts of science and their teachings?”



“Because of her teachings have taught me to oppose the evil teachings of those subjects…!”



“Aha, so it’s not Princess Celestia, but it’s just YOU!!” snapped Drummer “You learn from the teachings Celestia, and you follow them as literally as you can, and you pass it on to make everyone act like you do!



WELL…



…Meet the prophet from Cloudsdale! The one and only gospel, is THAT the way of things?! Shady knows what’s good! To be against Shady is to be against Celestia!”



“NO!!!!” shouted Shady “EVERY PONY IS A FREE CREATURE WITH RIGHTS AND WILL!!”



“THEN WHY IS BECKON RATES IN A CANTERLOT JAIL!!” shouted Drummer. He calmed down a bit, but still spoke severely to Shady, “What if Dr. Rates was just like you; what if he had the power and nerve to file a law stating that it was illegal to teach friendship, making it that only science could be taught!”



“That is preposterous!” snarled Shady, “There can only be one great path; one truth in this world!”



“The gospel!” shouted Drummer, “The gospel accord to you! Shady learns from Celestia, and Shady preaches to the world, “Do as I say, or you’re condemned!”



“NO, THAT’S NOT IT AT ALL!!” Shady shouted, but Drummer shouted over him, “My only thanks are that Princess Celestia herself isn’t here, and then maybe she could see what kind of pony you really are…



A Self-appointed prophet!



A preacher with an iron fist who tends to enforce his beliefs on others to be just like him!



…MUST A PONY GO TO PRISON BECAUSE HE OR SHE DISAGREES WITH YOUR PHILOSOHPY? OR PERHAPS WE SHOULD ALL MAKE A BOOK ABOUT YOU… HAVE YOUR TEACHINGS IMBEDDED INTO HISTORY… so that future generations will know that your will IS LAW!!”



Content with himself and what he had finally done-- exposing Shady for the loudmouthed fraud he was-- Drummer declared to the judge, “The witness is excused, no further questions!”



Outraged and livid with all this, Shady shot up right and shouted out in attempt to defend himself to the crowds, “My friends… my fellows ponies! You know what I believe in…! I believe in the truth of friendship and the glories of harmony!”



But all his ranting and raving did was stir up an uproar of chattering and confusion amongst the crowds, even those who supported him were not sure of how to see him anymore, and even his own wife gazed pitifully at her husband trying to defend himself.



“You must believe me, friends… YOU MUST BELIEVE ME!!!”



The judge whacked her gavel harder than ever, “Court is adjourned until Noonday tomorrow!”



Shady stood silent and still on the witness stand, finally feeling the full effects of his humiliation sinking in.



His wife approached him, and spoke to him ever so comply, “Mayhew… let’s go back to the hotel.”



Her shaken husband stepped off the stand, and walked shamefully with her out of the courtroom.